Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 09-10-2009, 03:01 PM   #1
spin_with_a_grin

spin_with_a_grin has said some nice things
Default Re-gaining weight - progressively easier...

Question for the "yo-yo" gainers here....

I'm finding that each time i gain (and then work it off), the next time i start to gain again it is much easier.....it almost seems like the exact opposite of muscle memory - as if the fat cells remain, and then immediately swell up to their old size as soon as i start down the path again..

any thoughts?
spin_with_a_grin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 12:46 PM   #2
chicken legs
yawn

chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

its true the fat cells have a memory like muscle fiber..which is why yo-yo dieters usually gain more each time they stop dieting..mmmmmm
chicken legs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 12:46 PM   #3
there_there

there_there can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicken legs View Post
its true the fat cells have a memory like muscle fiber..which is why yo-yo dieters usually gain more each time they stop dieting..mmmmmm
well then here i go again lol
there_there is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 11:44 PM   #4
Tracii

Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

For me some of that seems true but this time my belly seems much lower.
Tracii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 06:33 AM   #5
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Your fat cells multiply...and you never lose them. Your body wants to gain weight as a survival mode thing from the past times of starvation/famine in the world.

Never thought of myself as a "yo yo gainer" but more of a yo yo dieter...interesting thought you just gave me.

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:15 AM   #6
Buffetbelly
Nosh, destroyer of snacks

Buffetbelly is a member of the 500 clubBuffetbelly is a member of the 500 clubBuffetbelly is a member of the 500 clubBuffetbelly is a member of the 500 clubBuffetbelly is a member of the 500 clubBuffetbelly is a member of the 500 club

I'm a seasonal gainer. My peak weight is usually in April or May at around 360-370, then I lose weight over the summer and bottom out at around 340 this time of year. I gain a little on Halloween candy, then really get going on Thanksgiving foods, then gain rapidly during the holidays, pack on more around Superbowl Day, Valentine's and Easter/Passover. All your fattening holidays happen to be during the cold months.
Buffetbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:10 AM   #7
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Hell's Hospital

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post
Your fat cells multiply...and you never lose them. Your body wants to gain weight as a survival mode thing from the past times of starvation/famine in the world.

Never thought of myself as a "yo yo gainer" but more of a yo yo dieter...interesting thought you just gave me.
I never was a yo-yo dieter or gainer, but the calorie restriction
and subsequent return to my normal eating from being in the
hospital 4 times this year seems to have made it very easy
for me to gain, to the point of gaining without even trying.

You got to lose to know how to win.(Aerosmith-Dream On)

Fat is like grass, it'll never go away and there's a hell
of a lot of money to be made by controlling it!

Life is only therapy, real expensive and no guarantees.

Fat is only ugly to those who hate.

Federal Pacific Panels & Breakers have known fire hazards!
imfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 06:57 PM   #8
Duniwin
rebmeM sdrawkcaB

Duniwin knows EXACTLY what's going onDuniwin knows EXACTLY what's going onDuniwin knows EXACTLY what's going onDuniwin knows EXACTLY what's going onDuniwin knows EXACTLY what's going onDuniwin knows EXACTLY what's going onDuniwin knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:

Is someone going to write a new story for the library?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetbelly View Post
I'm a seasonal gainer. My peak weight is usually in April or May at around 360-370, then I lose weight over the summer and bottom out at around 340 this time of year. I gain a little on Halloween candy, then really get going on Thanksgiving foods, then gain rapidly during the holidays, pack on more around Superbowl Day, Valentine's and Easter/Passover. All your fattening holidays happen to be during the cold months.
There's a reason for that, and it has to do with ancient "survival mode" stuff.
Many animals store up food & fat for the winter, bears and humans included. Humans are just the only animals that have holidays.
Hmmm... how does that affect people in Australia and New Zealand, where the traditional English winter holidays fall during the summer months?

Kaylee: Is that him?
Mal: That's the buffet table.
Kaylee: But how will we know for sure, unless we question it?
Duniwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:32 AM   #9
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duniwin View Post
Is someone going to write a new story for the library?

Lol yes...soon methinks. Might have to mention the yo-yo dieting/gaining and self acceptance in it. Thanks for the suggestion

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 11:18 AM   #10
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Oh, I Know!........

Quote:
Lol yes...soon methinks. Might have to mention the yo-yo dieting/gaining and self acceptance in it. Thanks for the suggestion
Oh, I know, let's write a parody of this one
to go with it!

Linda Ronstadt-Lose Again(Writer, Karla Bonoff)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU7km_4swgQ

You got to lose to know how to win.(Aerosmith-Dream On)

Fat is like grass, it'll never go away and there's a hell
of a lot of money to be made by controlling it!

Life is only therapy, real expensive and no guarantees.

Fat is only ugly to those who hate.

Federal Pacific Panels & Breakers have known fire hazards!
imfree is offline   Reply With Quote