Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 08-08-2009, 08:11 PM   #26
BarbBBW
Yep, I am BACK!

BarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post
Had a dinner meet up this evening with Steely (Amy), Bobbleheaddoll (Michelle), TheatrmuseKara (Kara) and myself.....and we decided that this thread needs to be renamed "How Steely Got Her Spunk Back"

We talked about this thread over dinner and Michelle urged Amy to try on some lip color to see how it made her feel....we all wound up donating a lip color for Amy to try. We thought the first one she tried out was best....so Michelle gave it to her to keep. It was nice how it turned into a kind of "girls night out".

Some pics.....
I am completely jealous!! I would love to have a nice girls night out with you guys!! my favs!

From a friend : "its interesting. you seem to have a contentious love affair with sexual temptation...."
BarbBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 09:08 PM   #27
littlefairywren
Chi Chi

littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post
All the other pictures from dinner are in this thread

http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/fo....php?p=1247110
Thank you, you all look lovely and I love your top!
Old 08-09-2009, 04:03 AM   #28
steely

steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdkml View Post
Lovely photos, I love seeing pics of everyone seeing as how I will probably never get to meet any of you. So this is the next best thing None of you GEF?
The best pictures were of GEF! It was a lot of fun and seeing as I never wear make up, it was like playing dress up. Lol I wish you all could've been with us. We had such a great time.

That would be good, Barb. There are few people I know who are spunkier than you. A little might rub off.

Thanks ladies, I'm feeling spunkier already.
steely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 06:16 PM   #29
OneWickedAngel
Untamed Woman...

OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steely View Post
The best pictures were of GEF! It was a lot of fun and seeing as I never wear make up, it was like playing dress up. Lol I wish you all could've been with us. We had such a great time.

That would be good, Barb. There are few people I know who are spunkier than you. A little might rub off.

Thanks ladies, I'm feeling spunkier already.
Since you were given the lipstick, I nominate your next act of regular spunk be to wear it at least once a week. Don't wait for special occasions; when the Lord graces us to see another day it's a special occasion.
Take baby steps -- wear the lipstick!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Doing what you like is freedom; liking what you do is happiness.
OneWickedAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 06:18 PM   #30
steely

steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWickedAngel View Post
Since you were given the lipstick, I nominate your next act of regular spunk be to wear it at least once a week. Don't wait for special occasions; when the Lord graces us to see another day it's a special occasion.
I'm working on it. A little bit of spunk every day.
Old 08-09-2009, 08:21 PM   #31
littlefairywren
Chi Chi

littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!

I don't know about anyone else, but to feel all nice and maybe a bit cheeky there is nothing like wearing really pretty underwear. No one else knows, and sometimes that is part of the charm
Old 08-10-2009, 10:50 AM   #32
OneHauteMama

OneHauteMama has super-sized repOneHauteMama has super-sized repOneHauteMama has super-sized repOneHauteMama has super-sized rep

I felt the same way for a loooong time. What happened was my ex-husband done sucked the life right outta me! He made me feel like being ME wasn't good enough for him or anybody else. He made it seem as if the person I am is someone who no one in society would like. So I eventually believed it and lost who I was and how I was and I was just...blah. I didn't enjoy anything anymore. Now that I'm renewing old friendships and being around normal people more (if you can call my family normal), I'm finding that I'm getting my humor back, my insane personality, and my spark...my unpredictable nature, my wit, everything is coming back and I'm feeling alive again. I think what I needed was to remember who I was before and work toward getting that back. Not the immaturity (because I was only still a "kid" when I got married), but the fun-loving qualities and the parts of my personality that people love.
OneHauteMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 04:47 PM   #33
ashmamma84
Om Namah Shivayah

ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWickedAngel View Post
This is something I was talking to my mother about the other day. She told me that she grew up in an era when you'd save your "good perfume" or your "good dress" for a special occasion. However she never raised me like that so sometimes she'd ask me why I was all gussied up or where was I going because I had on a dress and heels, etc. And I feel like there's something to celebrate everyday so I do with adornments!

Great advice, OWA!
Old 08-10-2009, 06:45 PM   #34
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

Steely, it sounds like you're just in a rut. The remedy is to start doing something you always wanted to do, but never did or as OWA recommends take baby steps and wear the lipstick once a week. I have days where I want to wear lipstick, but I don't want it to be obvious so I have a few lipsticks that are the same color as my lips or my skin, and since I wear glasses I amp it up on the eye makeup: smudge eyeliner, blended neutral tones, and mascara. Then I feel like I'm wearing makeup but not really.
olwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 08:30 PM   #35
steely

Quote:
Originally Posted by olwen View Post
Steely, it sounds like you're just in a rut. The remedy is to start doing something you always wanted to do, but never did or as OWA recommends take baby steps and wear the lipstick once a week. I have days where I want to wear lipstick, but I don't want it to be obvious so I have a few lipsticks that are the same color as my lips or my skin, and since I wear glasses I amp it up on the eye makeup: smudge eyeliner, blended neutral tones, and mascara. Then I feel like I'm wearing makeup but not really.
I wore the lipstick today......
Old 08-11-2009, 09:00 AM   #36
OneWickedAngel
Untamed Woman...

OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
YEA STEELY!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Doing what you like is freedom; liking what you do is happiness.
OneWickedAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 10:19 AM   #37
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneHauteMama View Post
I felt the same way for a loooong time. What happened was my ex-husband done sucked the life right outta me! He made me feel like being ME wasn't good enough for him or anybody else. He made it seem as if the person I am is someone who no one in society would like. So I eventually believed it and lost who I was and how I was and I was just...blah. I didn't enjoy anything anymore. Now that I'm renewing old friendships and being around normal people more (if you can call my family normal), I'm finding that I'm getting my humor back, my insane personality, and my spark...my unpredictable nature, my wit, everything is coming back and I'm feeling alive again. I think what I needed was to remember who I was before and work toward getting that back. Not the immaturity (because I was only still a "kid" when I got married), but the fun-loving qualities and the parts of my personality that people love.
This is exactly what has happened to me since not only breaking up with my ex-husband....but also the ex-bf I had for two years. Wow, I jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire with that one.....but I'm wiser now. And feeling more like myself every day.

Being single....it really IS a good thing for some people

Quote:

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 06:57 PM   #38
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Wonderful. So well, how did it feel?
Old 08-11-2009, 07:13 PM   #39
bobbleheaddoll
loves her bhm!

bobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging in

yeah steely! let your mojo flow!!!
Old 08-12-2009, 04:24 AM   #40
steely

Very odd...... I guess it's going to take a little practice doing things for me. I'm not used to it.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:36 AM   #41
steely

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbleheaddoll View Post
yeah steely! let your mojo flow!!!
I'm working on it!
Old 08-12-2009, 03:23 PM   #42
littlefairywren
Chi Chi

Quote:
Very odd...... I guess it's going to take a little practice doing things for me. I'm not used to it.
I started off wearing some perfume and now it has become a nice little ritual every morning. It always lifts my mood
Old 08-12-2009, 04:10 PM   #43
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Sisterhood Of The Traveling Lipstick

mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 06:32 PM   #44
olwen
Disco Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdkml View Post
I started off wearing some perfume and now it has become a nice little ritual every morning. It always lifts my mood
I started doing that a couple years ago. Only I wear body spray since full on perfume makes my nose itch. I've gotten to a point where I feel naked without a little spritz every day.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:33 PM   #45
olwen
Disco Bear

Quote:
This does take getting used to. I still forget to reapply after meals sometimes.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:53 PM   #46
steely

I have two beautiful bottles of perfume sitting on the dresser, waiting for a special occsion. I've worn them maybe twice. I guess it's time for me to BE the special occasion.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:27 PM   #47
bobbleheaddoll
loves her bhm!

bobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging in

lipstick and perfume...i am so proud of you!

you'll be spunktastic!
Old 08-12-2009, 07:31 PM   #48
steely

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbleheaddoll View Post
lipstick and perfume...i am so proud of you!

you'll be spunktastic!
My best cheerleader!
Old 08-13-2009, 01:29 AM   #49
littlefairywren
Chi Chi

Quote:
I have two beautiful bottles of perfume sitting on the dresser, waiting for a special occsion. I've worn them maybe twice. I guess it's time for me to BE the special occasion.
By jove I think she's got it!! I never leave anything for a special occasion anymore, why wait I say. If even the smallest thing you do for yourself makes you feel good it has to be worth it....
Old 08-13-2009, 09:46 AM   #50
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Since it's your birthday- perhaps wear your favorite outfit with your lipstick and perfume tonight?

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote