Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 08-14-2009, 10:39 AM   #51
msbard90

msbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarWitness View Post
There's your answer. It's the Internet.

Or, to cite Penny Arcade:

made my day haha
msbard90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 10:41 AM   #52
msbard90

msbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging in

[QUOTE=AshleyEileen;1252025]
[QUOTE]

yum
Old 08-14-2009, 05:52 PM   #53
AshleyEileen
chunky

AshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by msbard90 View Post
yum
I'm in the midst of making dinner for that gorgeous boy.
Old 08-14-2009, 06:41 PM   #54
luscious_lulu
Boobzilla

luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWickedAngel View Post
Nope, men's tees fit me fine also. I can also wear their tanks without a problem.
Men's tank tops are awesome, the t-shirts not so much.
luscious_lulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 07:21 PM   #55
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post
We have "random complaints" threads in several places on the boards...so why not one centric to BBW complaints?

My first complaint: Why are the guys on the FA forum allowed to say things like "henpecked by feminist bullies" and a mod let's that statement stand yet we are not allowed to say anything even slightly negative about FAs we have enountered on this board?

Seems like a double standard.....
Just a note. That post was moderated, and we do try to keep a complimentary set of rules. So no, it's NOT okay for those kinds of comments to be posted, and I would think that people would know that and give it a bit of time. Yes, it took a while, but it was removed.

For one thing, the "whys" are that this board has three mods and the FA/FFA board has two. It can make a difference. I can't speak further for that side of the street, but I try to do my best to keep the rules on my side of the street, as do we all. It was tempting to go over and remove it myself at the time, but it's specifically not my board to moderate, and it would be great if they had another mod there to help. I think that to treat it as if it was purposely tolerated for days or something is a bit dramatic.

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus

Last edited by Tina; 08-14-2009 at 07:26 PM.
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 07:10 AM   #56
butch
cuddly, hairy, and fat

butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
I effing hate wearing men's clothing....they make me feel like a big, huge, round, ugly....oh and did I say big?....lumberjack

Paul Bunyon wasn't sexy, IMO......
I, on the other hand, look effing hot in men's clothing, lol.

My complaint is, hotels are expensive in major cities. There's a recession going on, and airfares are dirt cheap, but I can't find a hotel deal at all. Waaaa!
Old 08-15-2009, 07:27 AM   #57
OneWickedAngel
Untamed Woman...

OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by butch View Post
I, on the other hand, look effing hot in men's clothing, lol.

My complaint is, hotels are expensive in major cities. There's a recession going on, and airfares are dirt cheap, but I can't find a hotel deal at all. Waaaa!
YES! Even the decent "cheap" hotels are running near, if not over, $100 a night, it's ridiculous!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Doing what you like is freedom; liking what you do is happiness.
OneWickedAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 07:58 AM   #58
msbard90

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyEileen View Post
I'm in the midst of making dinner for that gorgeous boy.
you're a lucky lucky girl you
Old 08-15-2009, 06:14 PM   #59
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina View Post
Just a note. That post was moderated, and we do try to keep a complimentary set of rules. So no, it's NOT okay for those kinds of comments to be posted, and I would think that people would know that and give it a bit of time. Yes, it took a while, but it was removed.

For one thing, the "whys" are that this board has three mods and the FA/FFA board has two. It can make a difference. I can't speak further for that side of the street, but I try to do my best to keep the rules on my side of the street, as do we all. It was tempting to go over and remove it myself at the time, but it's specifically not my board to moderate, and it would be great if they had another mod there to help. I think that to treat it as if it was purposely tolerated for days or something is a bit dramatic.

Dramatic or no....my initial frustration came because it was there awhile after I reported it....and the mod said that he didn't know what I was referring to when I contacted him about it. He later let me know that it was gone and I thanked him.

Expecting fair treatment and openly sharing a problem isn't dramatic, IMO.

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 06:37 PM   #60
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Often it's just a matter of time, ability to handle the problem right at the moment, not seeing it, whatever. I understand that some feel that it wasn't removed soon enough, and had I been able to do it myself, I would have, but it's specifically not my board to moderate. We've seen many posts that communicate that community members want us to respond right away to things, and that's not always possible. Sometimes things will sit for a little while before being removed.

I would hope you don't actually think that us moderators sanction misognyistic posts towards women and rush in to moderate misandrynistic comments towards men, as your post seems to read -- as if we "allow" one group to do things that another group isn't allowed to do -- like it's sanctioned, or something. That idea is, I admit, irritating, and when I posted to you, I was irritated and so to me, your words did read as being dramatic.

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus
Old 08-15-2009, 06:49 PM   #61
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina View Post
Often it's just a matter of time, ability to handle the problem right at the moment, not seeing it, whatever. I understand that some feel that it wasn't removed soon enough, and had I been able to do it myself, I would have, but it's specifically not my board to moderate. We've seen many posts that communicate that community members want us to respond right away to things, and that's not always possible. Sometimes things will sit for a little while before being removed.

I would hope you don't actually think that us moderators sanction misognyistic posts towards women and rush in to moderate misandrynistic comments towards men, as your post seems to read -- as if we "allow" one group to do things that another group isn't allowed to do -- like it's sanctioned, or something. That idea is, I admit, irritating, and when I posted to you, I was irritated and so to me, your words did read as being dramatic.

I feel a great frustration sometimes that I see so many openly bashing, in a generalized fashion, "women of the board" as being mean, or needing to shut up, etc. when some of the menfolk are not walks in the parks and quite fallible themselves. I do sometimes not log on for a day or two in an attempt to alleviate my own frustrations.

Since I am not always aware of "behind the scenes", I cannot guess when or if something will be taken care of. I also realize that the mods are volunteers who are diligent in a big place so I didn't mean to cause any strife or bad feelings. I will remember to be more patient if there is a next time.

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 03:31 PM   #62
Tina
Older and wiser now

Quote:
I feel a great frustration sometimes that I see so many openly bashing, in a generalized fashion, "women of the board" as being mean, or needing to shut up, etc. when some of the menfolk are not walks in the parks and quite fallible themselves. I do sometimes not log on for a day or two in an attempt to alleviate my own frustrations.

Since I am not always aware of "behind the scenes", I cannot guess when or if something will be taken care of. I also realize that the mods are volunteers who are diligent in a big place so I didn't mean to cause any strife or bad feelings. I will remember to be more patient if there is a next time.
Thank you, Greenie, for understanding. I'm totally aware of how opaque the curtain is, and how little community members can see when it comes to admin stuff. It's partly why I and others have tried to explain certain things at times, in order to create understanding, because no one likes to be moderated. Unfortunately, I feel pretty certain there will be a next time. I think the lag time is probably worse during the Summer, as more of us are busy with vacations, activities, etc. Just know that if a clear violation is reported it won't be ignored. It may take a bit of time, but it won't be ignored. I know it might seem like it is from your, and others', perspective, but it's not.

BTW, frankly, I hate that shit, too.

Old 08-16-2009, 06:47 PM   #63
succubus_dxb
Badonk. Adonk.

succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I am BROKE. Like....'rice and ketchup for dinner all week' broke. And it sucks balls.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:17 PM   #64
msbard90

Quote:
Originally Posted by succubus_dxb View Post
I am BROKE. Like....'rice and ketchup for dinner all week' broke. And it sucks balls.
aww... nooo... well to add to that complaint, I'm ramen noodle soup broke... so thats what I get to eat until i get my bills paid... YUM

... and furthermore.... this humidity is making my joints so stiff, i didn't even get out of bed today, because i pretty much couldnt.
loving life... one day at a time
Old 08-17-2009, 10:25 PM   #65
NoWayOut

NoWayOut knows EXACTLY what's going onNoWayOut knows EXACTLY what's going onNoWayOut knows EXACTLY what's going onNoWayOut knows EXACTLY what's going onNoWayOut knows EXACTLY what's going onNoWayOut knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWickedAngel View Post
YES! Even the decent "cheap" hotels are running near, if not over, $100 a night, it's ridiculous!
Where are you trying to find a hotel at? I know Indianapolis had one for $35 this week. Orlando had one for under $30. I think you need to check out kayak.com

Last edited by NoWayOut; 08-17-2009 at 10:30 PM.
NoWayOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:32 PM   #66
Punkin1024
Summer's already here!

Location: Near Abilene, Texas, in the country. Wishing all my DIMS friends lived close by.
Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!

It's late at night, I'm in a dark room because of the darn bugs, and now the silly things are buzzy my computer screen. Are they trying to tell me something?! Ack!

"Rainy day people don't talk, they just listen till they've heard it all." ~Rainy Day People - Gordon Lightfoot

"Use what talent you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best." - Henry Van Dyke
Punkin1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:12 PM   #67
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

Why why why why why why do guys think it's okay to just shout out aggressive sexual coments to women? Why? I'm walking down the street the other day and some guy walked past with two buddies, like freestyling out loud (which is annoying to me too) I wasn't really paying all that much attention to him until I heard the words "fat pussy" (skeeves me out just to type it) as I walked by. It took a moment for me to register it, and once I did he was already a few yards away, and I'm like, What the fuck?!? Gross. Fuckin-A man. Just why? And why, two days later am I still thinking about it?!? I would like to walk down the streets of Manhattan without having to hear that kind of crap from random guys on a semi-regular basis. And I know this probably sounds bad, but it's times like that I'm glad I'm not thin cause I suspect I'd get those kinds of comments way more often and I don't think I could deal with that kind of attention all the time. I don't know how thin women do it.
olwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:37 PM   #68
BubbleButtBabe
No one cares anyway

BubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging in

So sorry Olwen..I wonder how knuckle draggers like that would like people making idiotic comments to them..Just try to remember people like that have no manners and really are not worth wasting another moment thinking about them..

Only two miracles are worth seeing:
The miracle of loving
And
The miracle of forgiving-Sri Chinmoy
BubbleButtBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 11:43 PM   #69
NoWayOut

NoWayOut knows EXACTLY what's going onNoWayOut knows EXACTLY what's going onNoWayOut knows EXACTLY what's going onNoWayOut knows EXACTLY what's going onNoWayOut knows EXACTLY what's going onNoWayOut knows EXACTLY what's going on

Why? Because a lot of guys are idiots, sadly enough.
NoWayOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:16 AM   #70
OneWickedAngel
Untamed Woman...

OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post
Why? Because a lot of guys are idiots, sadly enough.
It's also the fact that you're a stranger. The odds are against your paths crossing paths again anytime soon. Thus, there is an odds sense on anonymity to it. Assholes will say nastiness to a stranger, that they would not dare say to someone they knew they might run into again.

Not to mention, the troglodytes who do such are counting on any of the following:
  • The woman not hearing/realizing it was directed at her and they get away with it all together,
  • Knowing they were heard, but hoping the woman would be to embarrassed to retort
  • Or as in your case, by the time it registered the slur was directed at you, you were out of range to react and/or it just wasn't worth the energy to waste on them.

What's really fucked-up about the whole situation is that they walk away from this with a feeling of smugness. But the insulted female is left holding on to the hurt/anger/frustration of the incident.

Having once been much smaller (though never thin) and speaking with my thin friends who go through the nonsense on a regular basis, I can say it's not any easier. Skin thickening and immediate dismissal of such are just learned at an earlier age.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Doing what you like is freedom; liking what you do is happiness.
OneWickedAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 04:56 PM   #71
graceofangels

graceofangels has said some nice things

This my not go here. I don't know if its exactly a bbw complaint...may be just a personal one.

I can't stand how some people can not accept the consequences of their actions. They say whatever and do anything they want. Then try to rationalize an action or phrase that is hurtful by saying the other person caused it. They constantly blame other people for their actions.
graceofangels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 05:45 PM   #72
luscious_lulu
Boobzilla

luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by graceofangels View Post
This my not go here. I don't know if its exactly a bbw complaint...may be just a personal one.

I can't stand how some people can not accept the consequences of their actions. They say whatever and do anything they want. Then try to rationalize an action or phrase that is hurtful by saying the other person caused it. They constantly blame other people for their actions.
I know exactly what you mean.
Old 09-12-2009, 09:19 PM   #73
msbard90

sounds like my manager at work.... gawd i hate that lady! She can't be accountable for ANYTHING!!!!
Old 09-13-2009, 01:40 AM   #74
BubbleButtBabe
No one cares anyway

BubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging in

I am just so aggravated..Why do people have to stare so hard? I mean seriously I am not the only BBW on this planet and I know they have seen loads others..Why do they act like they have never seen one before...I promise you if I was not such a nice person I would be cussing out people right and left..Ignorant backwoods rednecks!!

Only two miracles are worth seeing:
The miracle of loving
And
The miracle of forgiving-Sri Chinmoy
BubbleButtBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 05:02 AM   #75
luscious_lulu
Boobzilla

Stare back. I've even stopped what I was doing to stare back. Eventually they stop staring.