Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board



Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2009, 04:22 PM   #26
TraciJo67
On Timeout
 
TraciJo67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Minnesoooota
Posts: 4,880
TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Vick & Tina, I respect your opinions and I share them, for the most part, with the following disclaimer: I don't think that there's anything inherently wrong with the practice of feeding, unless and until it brings harm to one or both parties. In fact, as I was reading the OP's "rant", it struck me that it was painfully obvious to the point of not needing to be explained.

I think that most everything, in moderation, is harmless ... or at least, only the business of the people engaging in the behaviors. I know the two of you well enough to know that you have a pretty high level of tolerance/empathy and understanding for people with differing viewpoints. Would you say that feeding, in itself, is a bad thing?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vickie View Post
This.

Love BHM's, you mention shoe fetish, but to me the comparison between a shoe fetish and feederism isn't accurate because the person can take off their shoes but dropping weight isn't nearly as easy. Once the weight is on and causing health problems because it's too much for them to carry, then what? To me, it ceases to be "harmless, good clean fun" at that point, but since you don't know what each person's limitation is until they reach it, what's the answer? Do you wait until they become diabetic? Have their first heart attack? Their first knee replacement surgery? Once the stomach is enlarged from consumption of large foods, once the person is used to a certain high calorie intake each day, is it realistic for them to "go on a diet"?

Carried to extremes, feeding someone erotically or enjoying someone's chub is a hugely different thing than getting off on someone's inability to tie their shoes, clean their butt, etc. To me that power imbalance is unhealthy, and if thinking that makes me a horrible person, than so be it. But in the years I've been here, I've seen women here fattened (with their consent), who were then left by their feeders, unable to care for themselves, with a probably shortened lifetime of pain and disability to endure. I realize that this isn't the most common scenario, but it isn't unheard of at all, and I hope that you'd agree that it's harmful.

All this being said, I've kept my opinion about feeding to myself, mostly, and am hardly a "hater" although no doubt it would be easier for some to call me such instead of looking at what they're doing with an unjaundiced eye. I don't come here and slam on feeders or feedees, calling them victimizers and victims, hooligans and harpies. But since you asked, this is my opinion about feeding: I don't think it's harmless at all, at least not as I've seen it practiced here, with people encouraging others to eat unhealthy foods and to reach unlivable weights. As a health care professional, I can say that the foods most people are fed to gain weight aren't healthy, and in many cases, people are encouraged to carry more weight than is healthy. I really don't think that's cool, and I truly don't think that most people honestly understand what they're doing to themselves, and the consequence they face -- until it's too late. Most people haven't seen (or smelled) an infected diabetic ulcer, watched people have their limbs chopped off, a piece at a time. Most people haven't witnessed a loved one (who is still quite young) lose their ability to work... to drive... to write... to read... because of diabetes. I have. Once you've seen that, it really changes everything and brings home the enormous consequences of every decision we make.

Again, let me be clear: The only reason I'm expressing my opinion here is because you brought it up. I'm happy to "live and let live", just as I hope (with little expectation) that my decision to have WLS will be respected; I don't offer my opinion, I don't come to the weight board and slam people for their choices. I also don't think that erotic feeding or appreciation of the fat body are bad things at ALL; it's only that when you're talking about deciding to put on weight, you can't know when "too much is too much" until you get there, and at that point it may well be too late. Like any risk taking behavior, it should be viewed as such -- with caution and full understanding of the potential permanent problems that are inherent in a "high risk sport".
TraciJo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 04:33 PM   #27
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,916
thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBHMS View Post
Is it possible that weight gain or excessive weight gain is unhealthy? Of course.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina View Post
I think this right here is a display of being in denial.

Of course feederism is unhealthy when it is practiced to the point of the feedee gaining more weight than their body can safely carry, which of course varies from individual to individual.
What are you even debating? That's exactly what she said.
thatgirl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 04:35 PM   #28
Miss Vickie
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,988
Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraciJo67 View Post
Vick & Tina, I respect your opinions and I share them, for the most part, with the following disclaimer: I don't think that there's anything inherently wrong with the practice of feeding, unless and until it brings harm to one or both parties. In fact, as I was reading the OP's "rant", it struck me that it was painfully obvious to the point of not needing to be explained.

I think that most everything, in moderation, is harmless ... or at least, only the business of the people engaging in the behaviors. I know the two of you well enough to know that you have a pretty high level of tolerance/empathy and understanding for people with differing viewpoints. Would you say that feeding, in itself, is a bad thing?
Hm. I guess it's only a bad thing if it causes harm -- like you say, pretty obvious. The problem with weight gain, like I said, is that we can't know what harm is caused until it's too late. (It's not like the body is equipped with a reliable early warning system that we can all interpret). From a psychological, sociological perspective, I think that the objectification of women -- calling them "better" or "more attractive" if they're "thinner" or "fatter" -- can do harm but that's perhaps less concrete to determine than the very real physical dangers of being too fat or too thin.

It's definitely only the business of those practicing it. Like I said, the only reason I said something was because it was brought up. I wouldn't presume to jump into a feeder thread and start saying how dangerous it is, just as I would hope (hah!) that people would do the same vis a vis WLS.
Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 04:47 PM   #29
Fuzzy Necromancer
 
Fuzzy Necromancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Media, PA
Posts: 1,498
Fuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging in
Default

What bugs me is not being given the benefit of the doubt.

Yes, not all feeders are evil mustache-twirlers and not all feedees are mindless victims. Yes, gaining too much weight can be unhealthy. Few people are arguing with these points.

The thing is, with feederism, there is often a default assumption that it WILL get out of control and be taken to extreme unless otherwise specified. The burden of proof is on the feeder to prove that they are not a manipulative bastard, and on the feedee to prove that they have the intelligence and free will to take care of themselves and stop when they want to stop.

I direct your attention to my sig quote.
__________________
"Well, for heaven's sake, Roberts Lewis Stephenson, what are you doing in here?"
-Ruth Harrison, Reference Librarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by exile in thighville View Post
all we ask is that those without fetishes respect the notion that the vast majority of fetish-havers know how to reconcile their kink with the dangers of reality just as you would assume your next door neighbor is not a pedophile.
Where there's smoke, there's a smoke-making machine.
Fuzzy Necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 05:25 PM   #30
exile in thighville
groups/347570880589/
 
exile in thighville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,993
exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vickie View Post
This.

Love BHM's, you mention shoe fetish, but to me the comparison between a shoe fetish and feederism isn't accurate because the person can take off their shoes but dropping weight isn't nearly as easy. Once the weight is on and causing health problems because it's too much for them to carry, then what? To me, it ceases to be "harmless, good clean fun" at that point, but since you don't know what each person's limitation is until they reach it, what's the answer? Do you wait until they become diabetic? Have their first heart attack? Their first knee replacement surgery? Once the stomach is enlarged from consumption of large foods, once the person is used to a certain high calorie intake each day, is it realistic for them to "go on a diet"?

Carried to extremes, feeding someone erotically or enjoying someone's chub is a hugely different thing than getting off on someone's inability to tie their shoes, clean their butt, etc. To me that power imbalance is unhealthy, and if thinking that makes me a horrible person, than so be it. But in the years I've been here, I've seen women here fattened (with their consent), who were then left by their feeders, unable to care for themselves, with a probably shortened lifetime of pain and disability to endure. I realize that this isn't the most common scenario, but it isn't unheard of at all, and I hope that you'd agree that it's harmful.

All this being said, I've kept my opinion about feeding to myself, mostly, and am hardly a "hater" although no doubt it would be easier for some to call me such instead of looking at what they're doing with an unjaundiced eye. I don't come here and slam on feeders or feedees, calling them victimizers and victims, hooligans and harpies. But since you asked, this is my opinion about feeding: I don't think it's harmless at all, at least not as I've seen it practiced here, with people encouraging others to eat unhealthy foods and to reach unlivable weights. As a health care professional, I can say that the foods most people are fed to gain weight aren't healthy, and in many cases, people are encouraged to carry more weight than is healthy. I really don't think that's cool, and I truly don't think that most people honestly understand what they're doing to themselves, and the consequence they face -- until it's too late. Most people haven't seen (or smelled) an infected diabetic ulcer, watched people have their limbs chopped off, a piece at a time. Most people haven't witnessed a loved one (who is still quite young) lose their ability to work... to drive... to write... to read... because of diabetes. I have. Once you've seen that, it really changes everything and brings home the enormous consequences of every decision we make.

Again, let me be clear: The only reason I'm expressing my opinion here is because you brought it up. I'm happy to "live and let live", just as I hope (with little expectation) that my decision to have WLS will be respected; I don't offer my opinion, I don't come to the weight board and slam people for their choices. I also don't think that erotic feeding or appreciation of the fat body are bad things at ALL; it's only that when you're talking about deciding to put on weight, you can't know when "too much is too much" until you get there, and at that point it may well be too late. Like any risk taking behavior, it should be viewed as such -- with caution and full understanding of the potential permanent problems that are inherent in a "high risk sport".
carried to extremes your posts could cause mental illness

i would really really get off on you personally not being able to tie your shoe
exile in thighville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 05:34 PM   #31
Ash
Smash
 
Ash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,548
Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

I'm in pretty much complete agreement with the OP on this one.

Going further, though...

First of all, I am a single feedee who is gaining by choice and completely of my own accord. No persuasive, dominant feeder twirling his mustache while I continue to eat cupcakes and tip the scales here, folks.

I am an intelligent, confident fat woman who happens to like gaining and the way more weight affects my body. I'm not a victim of anything. I'm not in denial of the potential problems I could encounter down the road. My eyes are open.

This is MY CHOICE.

Isn't the idea of feminism that a woman has the right and the power to make her own decisions and to have control of her life and body?

There's nothing to be "for" or "against" in this situation. No one gets a vote but me here.
__________________
Heavenly Bodies!
Wishlist
Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 05:36 PM   #32
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,916
thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Yeah, to echo Ashley.. this whole arugement is silly because what two consenting adults (or like in Ashley's case, one adult) decide to do in their personal lives is none of your business. It's something you're going to encounter on Dims and if that bothers you, then maybe this site isn't for you.
thatgirl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 05:41 PM   #33
TraciJo67
On Timeout
 
TraciJo67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Minnesoooota
Posts: 4,880
TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatgirl08 View Post
Yeah, to echo Ashley.. this whole arugement is silly because what two consenting adults (or like in Ashley's case, one adult) decide to do in their personal lives is none of your business. It's something you're going to encounter on Dims and if that bothers you, then maybe this site isn't for you.
This thread was intentionally posted on the weight board, and the OP indicated that she didn't mind debate on the issue. I think that respectfully sharing opinions is pretty much asked for here.

Well, except for the post a few above this one, which I won't bother quoting as hopefully it will be promptly deleted.
TraciJo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 05:43 PM   #34
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,916
thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraciJo67 View Post
This thread was intentionally posted on the weight board, and the OP indicated that she didn't mind debate on the issue. I think that respectfully sharing opinions is pretty much asked for here.
Agreed.. and I'm just sharing my opinion. I wasn't saying like GET OUT OF THIS THREAD IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, but rather responding generally to the idea of being upset at seeing feederism related things throughout Dims.
thatgirl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 06:42 PM   #35
Miss Vickie
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,988
Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Necromancer View Post
What bugs me is not being given the benefit of the doubt.

Yes, not all feeders are evil mustache-twirlers and not all feedees are mindless victims. Yes, gaining too much weight can be unhealthy. Few people are arguing with these points.

The thing is, with feederism, there is often a default assumption that it WILL get out of control and be taken to extreme unless otherwise specified. The burden of proof is on the feeder to prove that they are not a manipulative bastard, and on the feedee to prove that they have the intelligence and free will to take care of themselves and stop when they want to stop.

I direct your attention to my sig quote.
I absolutely give you, anyone, everyone, the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. The problem, as I mentioned before, is that we can't know the damage to the human body until it's too late and I think it's irresponsible for us, as people, to make decisions that knowingly cause harm. (Yes, as Traci said, I'm all about moderation -- not as in being moderated, but as in the choices we make in life. Sure, it's not as fun as throwing caution to the wind, but that's just not my style). And, as a health care provider and someone who's been deeply interested in the workings of the human body, it's my job to be concerned about this stuff; it's also something of a hobby, I admit. So yeah, I know I'm not at work now, but I'm still committed to helping people be as healthy as they can and I can't (or won't) turn off that part of me that knows how dangerous some of this shit is.

I don't think the majority of feeders are manipulative bastards, nor do I think that the majority of feedees are naive, silly victims. I trust two adults to make the decisions that work best for them. But when asked my opinion -- as I was, indirectly, in this thread -- I'll answer. You can feel free to tell me to go to hell. It's okay. It won't hurt my feelings. I promise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exile in thighville View Post
carried to extremes your posts could cause mental illness

i would really really get off on you personally not being able to tie your shoe
Exile, I have no idea what you're trying to say. Care to try again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraciJo67 View Post
This thread was intentionally posted on the weight board, and the OP indicated that she didn't mind debate on the issue. I think that respectfully sharing opinions is pretty much asked for here.

Well, except for the post a few above this one, which I won't bother quoting as hopefully it will be promptly deleted.
Yeah that was my understanding, anyway. Like I said, I'm not going to bust into feeding threads and start telling everyone to eat vegetarian. But when an issue is brought up where my input is solicited, I have a tendency... too... well... answer. This as opposed to the people who busted into my WLS thread and told me I was being "butchered" and was a "victim" -- where their opinion was most certainly NOT asked for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatgirl08 View Post
Agreed.. and I'm just sharing my opinion. I wasn't saying like GET OUT OF THIS THREAD IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, but rather responding generally to the idea of being upset at seeing feederism related things throughout Dims.
I'm not "upset" about feederism being at Dimensions. I've been here a long time, over a decade, so if it bothered me THAT much, I'd go elsewhere. While it's not my cuppa tea, as long as it doesn't reek of manipulation or trying to sneak weight gain on a person (usually a woman) , I leave it be.
Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 06:53 PM   #36
TotallyReal
On Time Out
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 322
TotallyReal knows EXACTLY what's going onTotallyReal knows EXACTLY what's going onTotallyReal knows EXACTLY what's going onTotallyReal knows EXACTLY what's going onTotallyReal knows EXACTLY what's going onTotallyReal knows EXACTLY what's going onTotallyReal knows EXACTLY what's going on
Default

There doesn't need to be an argument or counter-argument for or against it. Anyone who cares about what two consenting adults do in the privacy of their home should take a long walk off a short eat shit and die.
TotallyReal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 07:05 PM   #37
fatgirlflyin
needs a vacation
 
fatgirlflyin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: California
Posts: 2,745
fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyReal View Post
There doesn't need to be an argument or counter-argument for or against it. Anyone who cares about what two consenting adults do in the privacy of their home should take a long walk off a short eat shit and die.
I guess I can understand why people who are into feederism are upset at the idea of people questioning their fetish or lifestyle, whichever it should be called. However, I think that communication can go a long way and don't see how it could hurt to allow adults to discuss the issue.

Who knows, maybe someone will learn something. Maybe someone who's mind has been closed to the idea will see it in a new light.
__________________
Keep on keeping on...
fatgirlflyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 07:17 PM   #38
TotallyReal
On Time Out
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 322
TotallyReal knows EXACTLY what's going onTotallyReal knows EXACTLY what's going onTotallyReal knows EXACTLY what's going onTotallyReal knows EXACTLY what's going onTotallyReal knows EXACTLY what's going onTotallyReal knows EXACTLY what's going onTotallyReal knows EXACTLY what's going on
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatgirlflyin View Post
I guess I can understand why people who are into feederism are upset at the idea of people questioning their fetish or lifestyle, whichever it should be called. However, I think that communication can go a long way and don't see how it could hurt to allow adults to discuss the issue.

Who knows, maybe someone will learn something. Maybe someone who's mind has been closed to the idea will see it in a new light.
Ah! Now that's different. "I don't understand" is leagues apart from "I'm against."

Feeding is sexy because fat is sexy and feeding creates more fat. Additionally, food tastes good, lovers taste good, feeding is nourishment and survival is sexy. The mouth is sensual and lips are erotic and feeding can be a stand-in (or prelude to) oral sex. Feeding without gaining can be sexy too -- athletic couples eating strawberries off of nude bodies, chocolate dribbled along a torso. The act of gaining weight is sexy because it's taboo and empowering, or maybe it's submissive and coy, or maybe it's just a sexy feeling to know that the partner you love has more, is greater, is fattening. Maybe it's sexy to feel your body ripen like a fruit, or fatten because of overindulgence, a sign of affluence and luxury. Maybe it is the ultimate sign of hedonism and rejection of a culture where body dimorphism is the gold standard, or the ultimate act of our most primitive instincts to eat and gain and grow, or both at once. Or maybe it's just what some guys and some girls find hot, for every reason above, some of the reasons above, or no reason at all.
TotallyReal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 07:44 PM   #39
Teleute
Heh heh. "Member".
 
Teleute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Seattle!
Posts: 943
Teleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging in
Default

I'm not a feeder/feedee, but I guess I view this as being similar to S&M... it's scary to outsiders, and it can be dangerous if done incorrectly. Two INFORMED (that bit's important!) consenting adults can engage in it just fine. I think that, much like S&M, the problem comes in when either the people involved don't communicate clearly, or when they are poorly informed (no understanding of nutrition, for example). There is the possibility of someone with low self-esteem being drawn into a fetish because they get attention and approval, but a person who pulls someone into feederism in that way is not so much a "feeder" as they are an "asshole", and the community here seems aware enough to call people out if they did stuff like that.
Teleute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 08:04 PM   #40
suebeehoney
 
suebeehoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Central Michigan
Posts: 81
suebeehoney can now change their title
Default

I have to second Telute's statement about feederism - it's scary to those who don't understand it.

Personally, I don't understand it - I mean, I get the concept, but it just doesn't appeal to me. It's just not my thing. Just like something that I'm particularly interested in might be a complete turn off to someone else. Same thing.

I posted recently on one of the "single" threads that yes, I am single, but that I am not a feedee/feeder and don't wish to be one. I made that statement due to a recent encounter with a member who really, REALLY wanted me to be a feedee. You can't MAKE someone a feedee or feeder if they aren't one and don't want to be one. I wasn't trying to upset or inflame anyone on that thread by making that statement (can't even find the thread now to review it) - just stating my preference up front, so no one else would waste their time contacting me if what they really want is a feeder/feedee relationship.

I have no problem with someone who has a feeder/feedee relationship or fetish - I say live and let live.
suebeehoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 08:13 PM   #41
LoveBHMS
default title
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,071
LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatgirlflyin View Post
I guess I can understand why people who are into feederism are upset at the idea of people questioning their fetish or lifestyle, whichever it should be called. However, I think that communication can go a long way and don't see how it could hurt to allow adults to discuss the issue.

Who knows, maybe someone will learn something. Maybe someone who's mind has been closed to the idea will see it in a new light.
Which is just why I put it on the non-protected forums. I have no issue with others talking about why they have issues with feederism.

BUT.

The medical issues (mental and physical) brought up by Tina and Miss Vickie are part of why I created this thread. I respect and value both of them and their posts and observations about fat, gaining, sexuality, and this community overall.

As I said in my original post, for some people, excessive weight gain is not appropriate.

Also, I was very careful to include the idea that some of feederism is practiced without any harm to the feedee. This can mean anything from a fetishist only indulging online or a feedee/gainer only being fed or stuffed on occaision so there is little or no actual weight gain involved.

Adults...consenting adults can make these choices on their own with full knowledge of risks and benefits.

When Dims had a Hyde Park, there was a thread about former NY Governor Elliot Spitzer and how he hired a prostitute and lost his position and threatened his marriage. I would say that Elliot Spitzer lost so much because he made bad choices, did not consider the consequences of his actions, broke the law, and harmed another woman (his wife.) But he did not lose his position for being heterosexual and horny. Being straight and horny is fine; hiring a hooker, bringing her across state lines, and cheating on your wife is not fine.
__________________
It was all very careless and confused.
LoveBHMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 08:38 PM   #42
LoveBHMS
default title
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,071
LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Quote:
I can say that the foods most people are fed to gain weight aren't healthy, and in many cases, people are encouraged to carry more weight than is healthy. I really don't think that's cool, and I truly don't think that most people honestly understand what they're doing to themselves, and the consequence they face -- until it's too late. Most people haven't seen (or smelled) an infected diabetic ulcer, watched people have their limbs chopped off, a piece at a time. Most people haven't witnessed a loved one (who is still quite young) lose their ability to work... to drive... to write... to read... because of diabetes.
Once again. Diabetes is terrible. Nobody would say otherwise. But feederism does not cause it. Maybe excessive weight gain or eating the wrong foods cause it, but again, your body does not know the difference. The ill health came from the weight gain, the unhealthy diet, and the wrong genetics; the ill health did not come from the fact that anyone had a sexual fetish.
__________________
It was all very careless and confused.
LoveBHMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:03 PM   #43
exile in thighville
groups/347570880589/
 
exile in thighville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,993
exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vickie View Post
Exile, I have no idea what you're trying to say. Care to try again?
totallyreal summed it up
exile in thighville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:05 PM   #44
exile in thighville
groups/347570880589/
 
exile in thighville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,993
exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyReal View Post
Ah! Now that's different. "I don't understand" is leagues apart from "I'm against."

Feeding is sexy because fat is sexy and feeding creates more fat. Additionally, food tastes good, lovers taste good, feeding is nourishment and survival is sexy. The mouth is sensual and lips are erotic and feeding can be a stand-in (or prelude to) oral sex. Feeding without gaining can be sexy too -- athletic couples eating strawberries off of nude bodies, chocolate dribbled along a torso. The act of gaining weight is sexy because it's taboo and empowering, or maybe it's submissive and coy, or maybe it's just a sexy feeling to know that the partner you love has more, is greater, is fattening. Maybe it's sexy to feel your body ripen like a fruit, or fatten because of overindulgence, a sign of affluence and luxury. Maybe it is the ultimate sign of hedonism and rejection of a culture where body dimorphism is the gold standard, or the ultimate act of our most primitive instincts to eat and gain and grow, or both at once. Or maybe it's just what some guys and some girls find hot, for every reason above, some of the reasons above, or no reason at all.
i mean this is fine too but it's not really why...it's cuz it gets my (our) (collective) dick hard. if a girl shitting on my (our) (collective) face got my (our) (collective) dick hard i'd (we'd) be defending that. either way get out of my bedroom go away
exile in thighville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:26 PM   #45
LoveBHMS
default title
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,071
LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Paradise By the Dashboard Light.

This very popular pop song is very well known. It's by the singer Meatloaf and is about a man who tells a woman he loves her and will "love her till the end of time" so that she will allow him to have sex with her.

The whole theme of the song is the woman needing assurance of the man's love in order to have sex. She continually asks if he loves her and will love her "forever" prior to allowing him access to her body.

The end of the song has the couple having had sex, and the man "praying for the end of time" because he can't stand another minute with his partner. The point is....he tells a lie because he wants to have sex, and subsequently is unhappy.

I have yet to see mass protests against this song, or even radio stations being urged to not play it.

Why?

Because it's commonly understood that the pursuit of sexual pleasure can be hurtful or dishonest. It's commonly understood that somebody may initiate behaviour which is manipulative and dishonest to gain gratification. It's wrong but it does happen.

Feederism is the pursuit of sexual gratification through certain activities. Any harm to anyone involved has nothing to do with the fetish itself.
__________________
It was all very careless and confused.
LoveBHMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:36 PM   #46
Teleute
Heh heh. "Member".
 
Teleute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Seattle!
Posts: 943
Teleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging in
Default

I urge radio stations not to play it... but it's because it sucks, not because of the content. You're totally right about that not being a feederism-specific problem; I didn't mean to imply that it was. Assholes are universal, heh.
Teleute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:37 PM   #47
Miss Vickie
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,988
Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBHMS View Post
Once again. Diabetes is terrible. Nobody would say otherwise. But feederism does not cause it. Maybe excessive weight gain or eating the wrong foods cause it, but again, your body does not know the difference. The ill health came from the weight gain, the unhealthy diet, and the wrong genetics; the ill health did not come from the fact that anyone had a sexual fetish.
Oh, okay. I see where we're having a difference -- the lightbulb just came on for me. To me this isn't a sexual issue at all -- it's a health issue. Anyone who knows me (or knows my rather... elaborate ... sexual history) knows that I'm no prude. So to me, I look at the problems that excess weight (and eating unhealthy foods) cause to the body and I can't understand why anyone would deliberately sign on for that, particularly since I've experienced them myself; as you say, just like the body, I don't see the difference in how the pounds got there, whether from sexual gratification, lack if knowledge about nutrition, etc etc etc. I only see the end result, and it makes me sad and scared for the individual involved.

Does that make sense? Or can you at least better understand where I'm coming from and how this isn't an indictment of anyone's sexuality but rather fear and worry for the damage that it can cause. Since each person's threshold for getting sick is different, there's just no way to know how much is too much. So sure, they can be a willing partner, but do they honestly look at the very real possibility of being disabled with open eyes? Probably not.

BTW, I appreciate you taking the time to explain your position. It's nice that we can discuss things like adults; that's how we'll understand each other's points of view and hopefully put an end to childish accusations that do NOTHING but cause bad feelings and diminish the person hurling them. I'd really like to understand why it's fun for people, and your explanation is most helpful in that.

And just so you know, I feel this way about all, if not most, risk taking behavior because I've taken care of people who've done stupid shit and then expected the medical team to somehow, magically, make it better, like we have some sort of fairy dust. As you can imagine, that gets old after awhile. How many diabetic pregnant women who drink 120 oz Big Gulps do I have to see who feign ignorance about how they became diabetic and why can't we just give them a pill and send them home? How many women have to get drunk and high, go to parties, get pregnant, STAY pregnant, keep doing drugs and give birth to babies with severe problems? How many ... yeah, you get the picture. Like I say, it gets old sometimes, and each of these people I'm sure thought they had full knowledge of what they were doing at the time. And yet they demanded the medical team make it better. Sometimes we can't, and when we can't it totally tears me up inside.

If there were a way to do it where it didn't harm the body and possibly cause the person disability and ill health, then I'd think it was awesome and cool since I'm all about sensuality. But over the years, I've seen too many women left by guys with their lives, health and self esteem in tatters. It just makes me really sad -- for them, and for the community.
Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:48 PM   #48
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,916
thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vickie View Post
Oh, okay. I see where we're having a difference ..*SNIP*.. for them, and for the community.
Wanted to rep you but couldn't. This was a heartfelt post and definitely made me understand more of where you're coming from.
thatgirl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:49 PM   #49
LoveBHMS
default title
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,071
LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Yes, but again you are referring to the physical outcome of certain actions.

Let's say somebody was into being spanked, hard.

That adult asks or encourages or even pays another adult to administer a spanking. For the recipient, the spanking needs to be hard in order to result in total gratification. The recipient seeks out gratification by any means, up to and including insisting the spanker use a paddle, whip, or even a tire chain.

The recipient's spanking results in a skin tear, which in turn results in a staph infection. Very serious, but never the intended outcome.

The sad and serious fact of staph infections does not mean somebody whose sexuality is satisfied by spanking should go unrewarded.

The sad and serious fact of vaginal tearing does not mean "rough sex" is wrong or that those who derive gratifcation from it are wrong headed or short sighted or particpate in it blindly.
__________________
It was all very careless and confused.

Last edited by LoveBHMS; 08-10-2009 at 09:52 PM.
LoveBHMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:49 PM   #50
TotallyReal
On Time Out
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 322
TotallyReal knows EXACTLY what's going onTotallyReal knows EXACTLY what's going onTotallyReal knows EXACTLY what's going onTotallyReal knows EXACTLY what's going onTotallyReal knows EXACTLY what's going onTotallyReal knows EXACTLY what's going onTotallyReal knows EXACTLY what's going on
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vickie View Post
So sure, they can be a willing partner, but do they honestly look at the very real possibility of being disabled with open eyes? Probably not.
This is so condescending. How many women have to post that they are active single feedees before people fucking believe that this is not a male-only sexual orientation. A million? A billion? A trillion??????????

Last edited by TotallyReal; 08-10-2009 at 09:54 PM.
TotallyReal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright Dimensions Magazine. All rights reserved worldwide.