Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > FA/FFA forum

Old 08-12-2009, 06:17 PM   #1
Gendo Ikari
The Intellectual

Gendo Ikari does more than just post hot picsGendo Ikari does more than just post hot picsGendo Ikari does more than just post hot picsGendo Ikari does more than just post hot pics
Default I hate the term FA

Am I the only one who doesn't like the term Fat Admirer?

It sounds really creepy to me.

How do you go about explaining it?

Say your talking to a girl,
"Bla bla bla what are you?"
"I'm an FA"
"Whats that?"
"......"

I've played the scenario in my head multiple times, but each version creeps me out and I'm sure would creep her out.

Isn't there a slightly less creepy term we can use?
Gendo Ikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 06:29 PM   #2
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!

There's lots of threads on this, just so you know. Not trying to sound rude - just thought I'd point it out because there's been lots of valuable discussion about this.. a quick search should turn up a few things. :]

To answer the question, you could call yourself a chubby chaser, it's a term that I've found is more well known than FA. Or you could simply state your preference, "I prefer chubby/big/fat girls" instead of saying "I'm a __"
thatgirl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 06:34 PM   #3
Gendo Ikari
The Intellectual

Gendo Ikari does more than just post hot picsGendo Ikari does more than just post hot picsGendo Ikari does more than just post hot picsGendo Ikari does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatgirl08 View Post
There's lots of threads on this, just so you know. Not trying to sound rude - just thought I'd point it out because there's been lots of valuable discussion about this.. a quick search should turn up a few things. :]

To answer the question, you could call yourself a chubby chaser, it's a term that I've found is more well known than FA. Or you could simply state your preference, "I prefer chubby/big/fat girls" instead of saying "I'm a __"
I know, I looked at all the pages in this forum, and I didn't find one that fits the topic.

There are probably a few in the main forum, but I think this is an FA issue.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:39 PM   #4
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gendo Ikari View Post
I know, I looked at all the pages in this forum, and I didn't find one that fits the topic.

There are probably a few in the main forum, but I think this is an FA issue.
Yeah, not everything has been migrated to the new forum yet. I wasn't trying to be rude or anything, just a suggestion.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:44 PM   #5
StarWitness
part square, part drape

StarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions community

It's certainly not a term I'd use outside the SA subculture (ie. unless I've established that the person I'm talking to knows what I mean by FA). Although if someone is asking "What are you?" with regards to sexual preferences and they're creeped out by the response, then they probably should have approached the conversation with a more open mind.

I actually had to deal with this just last week for the first time. I was girl-talking with my friend, and happened to describe a guy as being "Exactly my type *giggle giggle*", which prompted her to ask why "my type" was. I stammered a bit, but just told her straight: "I have a thing for fat guys." Her response? "Oh, okay." And then she took the opportunity to give me the list of kinky shit she's into.

Everyone is different, so YMMV, but: if you want to tell a woman that you're interested in that you're a FA, I think the subtle approach is best, since you don't want to give the impression that you're into her solely because she's fat. Also a lot of women don't like the term "fat;" something like "curvy" or "voluptuous" might be better. "I think women with curves are beautiful," something like that.

I've always been a guy with a sweet tooth, and that girl's just like a king-size candy bar...
--Sleater-Kinney
StarWitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 07:43 PM   #6
Keb
Princess

Keb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Keb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Keb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Keb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Keb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Keb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Keb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Keb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Keb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Keb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Keb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I know what it means and I'm still not sure I'd want to be approached with, "Hi, I'm an FA, and I think you're hot." Why not just stick with what you like about the particular woman you're talking to, at least at first? I mean, just because you're an FA doesn't mean you like every fat woman you see, does it? It just means that the women you like tend to be fat, and the fact that they're fat is one thing you like about them. It's certainly not (I hope!) the only thing.

There was actually a study saying that what women really want is to be desired. (It certainly rang true to me.) So desire -her-. Don't just desire her fat. Desire her fat, her eyes, her lips, her thoughts, her giggle, her hugs, her terms of endearment, her moods, her attitude, her idiosyncrasies, her scent, her voice, her dreams--the whole thing.

Honestly, I don't much like the term FA either, but it serves its purpose as a descriptor. When it comes to relationships, though, it shouldn't be about what -kind- of person you like, but whether you like the particular person you're with.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:56 PM   #7
furious styles
goodbye halcyon days

furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!

what kind of "bla bla bla" lead to "what are you?" .. that seems like kind of a strange question for a first exchange with someone. if she's wondering about why you're "into her" why not just say that you think big women are beautiful or something to that effect? i do agree that FA is sort of an awkward term.
I wish there was a board called: Let's Just All Be Fucking Honest With Each Other For Five Minutes.
furious styles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 08:01 PM   #8
rollhandler

rollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticed

Personally being an FA means only that I look for women to date strictly in the large size within the dating pool. Within the range of big women in the dating pool, I seek out the mind, personality, looks, etc. within the women I find desireable. I don't look outside of that basic starting point to find the woman I wish to be with, and whom I hope will see the same traits in me that she finds desirable as well. I am an FA and although it doesn't define me it does define those I find desireable. I see no problem with the term as a descriptor.

Rollhandler
rollhandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 08:11 PM   #9
StarWitness
part square, part drape

StarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keb View Post
Don't just desire her fat. Desire her fat, her eyes, her lips, her thoughts, her giggle, her hugs, her terms of endearment, her moods, her attitude, her idiosyncrasies, her scent, her voice, her dreams--the whole thing.

I've always been a guy with a sweet tooth, and that girl's just like a king-size candy bar...
--Sleater-Kinney
StarWitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 08:23 PM   #10
Blackjack
Fupa Troopa

Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.

When asked by a woman why you're talking to them, saying "I'm an FA" isn't nearly as good as using a more regular or straightforward answer. I'm personally fond of "I dig fat chicks".

However, I've found that some phrases don't work well at all. For example, "I want to blow my load in your flabby side rolls".
Old 08-12-2009, 08:29 PM   #11
Gendo Ikari
The Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by furious styles View Post
what kind of "bla bla bla" lead to "what are you?" .. that seems like kind of a strange question for a first exchange with someone. if she's wondering about why you're "into her" why not just say that you think big women are beautiful or something to that effect? i do agree that FA is sort of an awkward term.
I was too lazy to make up an actual conversation.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:30 PM   #12
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack View Post
However, I've found that some phrases don't work well at all. For example, "I want to blow my load in your flabby side rolls".
I can't believe that didn't work
Old 08-12-2009, 08:32 PM   #13
furious styles
goodbye halcyon days

furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
really? when i opt for that one it usually leads to immediate bedding down.

[edit] aww .. beaten :[
I wish there was a board called: Let's Just All Be Fucking Honest With Each Other For Five Minutes.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:33 PM   #14
Blackjack
Fupa Troopa

Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
I can't believe that didn't work
I know, right?

Quote:
really? when i opt for that one it usually leads to immediate bedding down.
Hell, maybe I should try it again.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:35 PM   #15
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

Quote:
[edit] aww .. beaten :[
woo got there first!
Old 08-12-2009, 08:41 PM   #16
msbard90

msbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
When asked by a woman why you're talking to them, saying "I'm an FA" isn't nearly as good as using a more regular or straightforward answer. I'm personally fond of "I dig fat chicks".

You completely won me over with your desire to blow in my rolls lmao .... too funny
msbard90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 08:43 PM   #17
Blackjack
Fupa Troopa

Quote:
woo got there first!
That's what SHE said.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:50 PM   #18
Keb
Princess

Keb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Keb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Keb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Keb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Keb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Keb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Keb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Keb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Keb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Keb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Keb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Personally, I like:

"Why are you talking to me?"
"Because you're the most beautiful woman in the room/world/multiverse."
"Yeah, right."
"No, really, I like you."
"But I'm fat."*
"That just adds to your infinite charms."

Of course, if anyone ever pulls that on me now, I'm going to squint at him and say, "Where'd you get that line?"

Probably about four seconds before falling for him.

*Honestly, I wouldn't say that...I've known too many guys who did like the snuggle factor. But if I -DID-, this would be a good answer.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:04 PM   #19
italianmike21

italianmike21 has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keb View Post
I know what it means and I'm still not sure I'd want to be approached with, "Hi, I'm an FA, and I think you're hot." Why not just stick with what you like about the particular woman you're talking to, at least at first? I mean, just because you're an FA doesn't mean you like every fat woman you see, does it? It just means that the women you like tend to be fat, and the fact that they're fat is one thing you like about them. It's certainly not (I hope!) the only thing.

There was actually a study saying that what women really want is to be desired. (It certainly rang true to me.) So desire -her-. Don't just desire her fat. Desire her fat, her eyes, her lips, her thoughts, her giggle, her hugs, her terms of endearment, her moods, her attitude, her idiosyncrasies, her scent, her voice, her dreams--the whole thing.

Honestly, I don't much like the term FA either, but it serves its purpose as a descriptor. When it comes to relationships, though, it shouldn't be about what -kind- of person you like, but whether you like the particular person you're with.
couldnt have said it better myself
italianmike21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 09:48 PM   #20
furious styles
goodbye halcyon days

Quote:
That's what SHE said.
come on beej let's be honest. that's what YOU said.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:49 PM   #21
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

Quote:
aaaaahahah.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:02 PM   #22
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!

Well to me it's just like jargon that you shouldn't use because people don't understand.

We've been over this more than once also. No one has really come up with a better term.

The only terms I've ever thrown out are "Cross-trainer" and "Bisizual" for myself, but generally I just say "I like big women (Albeit non-exclusive)."

"Happiness is not stopping to think if you are."- Palmer Sondreal
Jon Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:22 PM   #23
Blackjack
Fupa Troopa

Quote:
Quote:
aaaaahahah.
Pshaw. To both of you.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:44 PM   #24
mediaboy

Location: The corner of Hell & Holarity - pinky out, Mother Fucker
mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I don't really self apply that nomenclature in public unless I'm speaking to some one that is aware of its present meaning within the confines of the size acceptance community.

Usually I just say I'm a chubby chaser or I like fat asses.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:57 AM   #25
Blockierer
FAntastic

Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!

Honestly I love the term.
I have a fat wife, I have fat friends, I think fat women are beautiful, I admire fat women, I am an FA.