Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 08-13-2009, 10:04 AM   #1
ashmamma84
Om Namah Shivayah

ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Daily Meditation/Affirmation Thread

I am a big believer in positive affirmations. I say them everyday; several times a day. I feel like the more I say them, or rather the more I speak life into them, the more my behavior mirrors them. Things are brought to fruition.

I think sometimes as women we carry such a heavy load - we are mothers, daughters, partners, sisters, etc. And we are tending to the needs and the duties of those roles, but so often we forget about ourselves. We forget to stake a claim in what we need and want. Let's bring some of that back.

My hope is that this thread will be uplifting and inspiring to us all. I don't want women not to share because they don't feel they have anything profound or witty to add. Everyones affirmation counts. Let's all share!

I will start:

I am healthy in mind, body and soul. I am whole.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:45 PM   #2
Fascinita
Jeez, we're blessed!

Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.

There is no problem that doesn't have a solution: If it doesn't have a solution, there is nothing you can do to solve it and therefore it's not a real problem--it's a wish, a fantasy, an anxiety, an imagined something... but not a real problem. Stop worrying, get out of your head, and instead do your best to find real solutions to real problems.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:17 PM   #3
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

I don't really do affirmations, but I do have a sort of guiding principle that drives me. I consider it part of my goal in life to not waste my energy on the kinds of things that would hinder my personal development. Could be a person, an emotion, a task, anything that would prevent me from improving myself. You can get tired really quickly in a fat body, both mentally and physically so all the energy I have is precious. I hate to waste it.
olwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 09:31 PM   #4
BubbleButtBabe
No one cares anyway

BubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging in

What ever you are going through will get better..If it was brought to you then you will be brought through it..Just be patient and give it time...

Remember that you are loved so much..No matter what anyone tells you..You are loved!

Only two miracles are worth seeing:
The miracle of loving
And
The miracle of forgiving-Sri Chinmoy
BubbleButtBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 11:46 PM   #5
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

You are OK.
You are OK.
YOU ARE OK.

Simple but it works for me.
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 06:20 AM   #6
steely

steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Walk your talk.
steely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 06:51 AM   #7
Ruffie

Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!

One of my favorites to use is this

The only peoples opinions that matter are those of people you love and respect.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:46 AM   #8
ashmamma84
Om Namah Shivayah

ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!

The qualities/characteristics I respond to in others tells me something about myself.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:33 PM   #9
ashmamma84
Om Namah Shivayah

I refuse to allow obstacles consume my attention in the present moment.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:21 PM   #10
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

OOoOOOo good thread, Ashmamma!

I have a cassette that I listen to sometimes- it is the "Love/Wisdom Meditation"

"I ask for assistance from my higher power in releasing and transforming any and all non-loving thought forms and energies into the fire of divine love"

It works for me

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 04:40 AM   #11
steely

steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Today I choose to have a great day. I choose to love and accept myself. I choose to let go of negativity, low self esteem and any blocks to having a great day. Take a deep breath and have a great day.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:50 AM   #12
BubbleButtBabe
No one cares anyway

BubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging in

If you make a decision and believe it is the right one,stand by it..Do not live life with regrets because life is to damn short!

Only two miracles are worth seeing:
The miracle of loving
And
The miracle of forgiving-Sri Chinmoy
BubbleButtBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 05:53 AM   #13
steely

I'm happy, I'm feeling glad, I got sunshine in a bag
I'm useless but not for long the future is coming on.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:15 AM   #14
Ernest Nagel
is old

Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!

BBW Forum I realize but this is something I've definitely learned from women so hope this is OK? There is almost no problem that can't be solved by communication. Good listeners can move the tallest mountains that talkers pile up.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:38 PM   #15
ashmamma84
Om Namah Shivayah

I love the people in my life and look forward to more wonderful people showing up.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:02 AM   #16
msbard90

msbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging in

I find myself thinking
"different strokes for different folks"
daily.
msbard90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:04 AM   #17
msbard90

msbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging in

... and to add on to that...

The worst thing someone can tell you is "No."

Thinking of that gives me the confidence to tell and ask people things I would have never had the courage to.
msbard90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 02:30 PM   #18
kayrae
doot doot doot

kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!

This cracked me up so much. It really does sound like something you'd hear from a cassette :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post
"I ask for assistance from my higher power in releasing and transforming any and all non-loving thought forms and energies into the fire of divine love"

It works for me
kayrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 02:57 PM   #19
ashmamma84
Om Namah Shivayah

Today I know there are no accidents, only some purpose I haven't understood yet.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:06 PM   #20
superodalisque

superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.

i am a being filled with love and as such i am also an intimate part of every other being around me.
superodalisque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:21 PM   #21
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Our greatest glory consists not in never failing, but in rising every time we fall.

================================

Of course there is this gem I heard when I was in ROTC

"Excuses are like Assholes..Everybody has one...And they all Stink"

Classic Pershing Rifles Affirmation....
tonynyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 05:42 PM   #22
daddyoh70
DYELB?

daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

My personal favorite is
Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.

Or there's always this one:
I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and dogonnit, people like me!

"Don't ever shoot my Sunday joyride music down" Wesley Willis
daddyoh70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 06:23 PM   #23
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayrae View Post
This cracked me up so much. It really does sound like something you'd hear from a cassette :P
Lol, cheesy as it might sound to you, it really has helped me.

I got into meditation at the urging of my past counselor. He was part of a holistic healing group that was doing a study on sexual abuse survivors and the effects of meditation. I participated in the study, the first of it's kind, and it was shown that meditation does help to reduce stress levels in the sexually abused.

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 07:02 PM   #24
ashmamma84
Om Namah Shivayah

So happy more people are contributing to this thread! Let's all keep posting!

When I change the way I look at things, the things I look at change.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:03 PM   #25
Tania
Disneyland Bobsled Team

Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyoh70 View Post
Or there's always this one:
I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and dogonnit, people like me!
I don't do affirmations, but I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for my buddy Stu.

~ The Cure

"She will never submit to any thing requiring industry and patience, and a subjection of the fancy to the understanding."
~ Mr. Knightley on Emma, Jane Austen's Emma
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote