Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 07-01-2011, 12:49 PM   #301
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lypeaches View Post
Regardless CP, your salad does sound delish. Another time perhaps!

Olwen, your salad sounds lovely, and seems like the flavors might blend well with the ribs...
maybe add a few beans to the mix too....

Quinoa salad is a good idea, also the yogurt broccoli slaw! Now, how to choose?

Thanks for the ideas ladies! You got my wheels turning now! I'll have to mull this over...
The other suggestions ARE good too. I've had that cold asparagus salad with barbeque before, and it does totally work. Ooh, a cold green bean and slivered almond salad sounds good too.
olwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 01:10 PM   #302
lypeaches

lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Ha...that would be good...but DH has one food issue. Fruit and nuts belong only to the dessert food group, in his opinion. They are not to be allowed into any savory dish.

Other than that, he will eat anything I make, so I guess there could be worse restrictions...but dang, it's surprising how often it comes up!
lypeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 07:51 PM   #303
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Back on the wagon again tomorrow. I have some new recipes to try out and will post/review!

Going to try scotch eggs this week.
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:46 AM   #304
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisticalMisty View Post
Back on the wagon again tomorrow. I have some new recipes to try out and will post/review!

Going to try scotch eggs this week.
I'm going to try and get back on the wagon too.

I've been looking for tasty salad recipes. I think there are way more options that I first thought.

Good luck!
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:15 AM   #305
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'm going to do the same as soon as I return from vacation next week. My health is going down the toilet and I have to do something. Clinging to my last hurrah and then I'm getting clean folks.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 03:30 PM   #306
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Here is a great site for recipes:

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/recipes.html

and low carb support!

www.lowcarbfriends.com
Old 07-11-2011, 06:17 PM   #307
MisticalMisty

Pan seared ribeyes tonight..woot woot.

I managed to eat only 18 carbs today..yay!
Old 07-12-2011, 05:30 PM   #308
Theatrmuse/Kara
Warrior Momma

Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Today I ate soooooooooo many carbs.....not sure what happened. I will blame it on the severe heat and just NEEDING something to keep me going while running errands in 96 degree heat!

Tomorrow, back on the wagon. LOL!

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other. ~Mother Teresa
Theatrmuse/Kara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 06:24 PM   #309
MisticalMisty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theatrmuse/Kara View Post
Today I ate soooooooooo many carbs.....not sure what happened. I will blame it on the severe heat and just NEEDING something to keep me going while running errands in 96 degree heat!

Tomorrow, back on the wagon. LOL!
You can do it

Tonight, I had 3 double, doubles-protein style...meaning wrapped in lettuce. Rob got fries and I didn't even try one...super proud of me..lol

I made a really tasty cauliflower salad yesterday:

1 head of cauliflower-chopped
1 cup diced onion
1 cup diced bell pepper
1/2 cup diced celery

For the dressing:

1 cup mayo
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tsp *or more to taste* splenda
salt
pepper

Mix the dressing and then combine all ingredient. Refrigerate before eating. It's pretty yummy!
Old 07-13-2011, 10:19 AM   #310
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Made a cabbage salad last night. Unfortunately it bombed. Haha.

I ended up having Whole wheat pitas with melted mozzarella cheese inside.

Back to the drawing board. Haha.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:07 AM   #311
Theatrmuse/Kara
Warrior Momma

Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

LOL! Ya win some, ya lose some! On to the next recipe!

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other. ~Mother Teresa
Theatrmuse/Kara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:36 PM   #312
MisticalMisty

Trying turnip fries tonight...I'll report back if they taste good..LOL
Old 07-19-2011, 05:08 PM   #313
MisticalMisty

Quote:
Trying turnip fries tonight...I'll report back if they taste good..LOL
Sooooo gooood!

Old 07-23-2011, 05:43 PM   #314
MisticalMisty

Low carb taco boats!

Old 07-24-2011, 06:58 AM   #315
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Just made an awesome breakfast burrito with eggs, cheese, sliced hot links wrapped in a carb balance tortilla from Mission. So good that I'm reeeeeally tempted to make another one.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

@~;~~
Old 07-24-2011, 01:54 PM   #316
MisticalMisty

That sounds good. I wish I could like those mission carb balance..but they just taste chemically to me!

I masted hard boiled eggs today.....of course it took my hubby buying me an egg cooker.

Then...we went to Costco and I found hard boiled eggs in a package of 24 for like 3 bucks. GAH Sam's didn't sell them and I didn't even think to look at Costco before buying the damn machine. Oh well!

If anyone ever visits and wants a poached egg..well I can help with that :P
Old 07-24-2011, 03:30 PM   #317
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

Wanted an icy dessert so I boiled some strawberries a limes (peeled and wedged - I can't think of the term for when you slice off the sides and cut out the meat) with about two cups of water and one cup of splenda and 1/2 tsp of vanilla, then put it in a blender and poured the whole thing in a bowl to freeze to almost hard. Scraped if off with a fork and served it in a pretty glass with lime wedges. Delish and cool. Oh I know there's a word for this dish...granita maybe?
Old 07-24-2011, 04:04 PM   #318
crayola box

crayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going on

Yup- granita! And the lime segmenting is called supreme.
crayola box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 05:38 PM   #319
olwen
Disco Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayola box View Post
Yup- granita! And the lime segmenting is called supreme.
Ah, I got it right! Thanks.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:31 PM   #320
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Low carb taco boats!

My brother makes wraps like that. (only vegetarian style) Lettuce instead of tortillas. It's really good and light feeling. I'm not a big fan of tortillas.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:04 AM   #321
MisticalMisty

Salmon with a basil pesto butter.

Old 07-31-2011, 09:52 AM   #322
Surlysomething

Quote:
[COLOR="Purple"]Salmon with a basil pesto butter.
That looks yummy! I loooove pesto!
Old 07-31-2011, 10:52 AM   #323
MisticalMisty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surlysomething View Post
That looks yummy! I loooove pesto!
I'm developing a taste for it. I love the caesar/pesto sauce at Macaroni Grill. I need to find a recipe for it!
Old 07-31-2011, 06:07 PM   #324
MisticalMisty

I was a cooking fool today!

Baked Turnip Fries

Before:

After:

Caramelized onion, cremini mushroom and ham frittata

Steak and mushroom alfredo

Sauce:

Sauce and on the steak and mushrooms

Old 08-09-2011, 09:12 AM   #325
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

So I made those coffee short ribs and you know what? They weren't so bad. In fact they were quite good. Sort ribs always tastes the same to me no matter how you cook them and these were no exception. Tasted like short ribs only they were softer, mellower somehow. I just threw stuff together, the measures are aproximate:

3-4 lb. short ribs
2 cups very strong French Vanilla Coffee.
2 cups beef broth
1 packet onion soup mix
some pepper, teaspoon maybe give or take?
garlic powder
tablespoon crushed garlic
Some kind of season salt. Less than a tablespoon
half cup or more of maple syrup
more salt

The mixture was extra salty and bitter. This worried me but short ribs have a tendency to come out bland anyway so I used it as is. I arranged the frozen short rips in the cast iron dutch, poured the stuff all over it and then put in the oven at 400 degrees. It smelled really nice through my apartment and when I tested it the extra salty, bitter and sweet taste had died down considerably. The short ribs are nice and tender and taste good, not salty or sweet at all. I drained them and discarded the liquid. Tasty and filling and they smell good when being reheated in the mocrowave at work.

@~;~~

Last edited by LillyBBBW; 08-09-2011 at 09:14 AM.