Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 01-02-2012, 09:30 PM   #401
Theatrmuse/Kara
Warrior Momma

Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisticalMisty View Post
Off wagon..getting back on..need motivation, ideas..blah blah blah..lol
DITTO! Come on, Misty we can do this for our bloodsugars! Hugs, Kara

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other. ~Mother Teresa
Theatrmuse/Kara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 03:23 PM   #402
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theatrmuse/Kara View Post
DITTO! Come on, Misty we can do this for our bloodsugars! Hugs, Kara
yep. Up to 7 injections a day..I plan to be down to none this time next year. I've gotten some inspiration. Once I get to go shopping, I'll be posting more recipes/pictures!
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 04:22 PM   #403
fat9276

fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
oh yay! I'm glad you thought so too. I'm thinking about adding some chicken or something else to make it into a main course!

I browned and added chicken to it tonight (before the broiler) and did this very thing. It was soooooooo good!
fat9276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 06:39 PM   #404
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Dinner

avocado salad...because they weren't ripe enough for guac hummus and cheese chips.

I'm in a dip mood!

Old 01-16-2012, 06:47 PM   #405
MisticalMisty

Cross posting!

Marinated salmon steaks and green beans

low carb bread...weird ingredients...not a bad flavor/texture!

Old 01-23-2012, 08:52 PM   #406
DeniseW
Fat don't crack!!

DeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions community

is there a recipe somewhere for that bread? it looks better than what I make from flaxseed

Quote:
Cross posting!

Marinated salmon steaks and green beans

low carb bread...weird ingredients...not a bad flavor/texture!

Old 01-24-2012, 03:42 PM   #407
MisticalMisty

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseW View Post
is there a recipe somewhere for that bread? it looks better than what I make from flaxseed
If you google Mr. Peanut Butter Bread..it will pop up!
Old 01-24-2012, 06:42 PM   #408
MisticalMisty

I want to share a few things that I bought today that are really delicious and I think worth a buy if you are on a diet or low carbing it.

The first is a pizza crust:

Ener-G 10 inch Wheat Free/Gluten Free Crust

I bought mine at Sprouts...but here is a link to their website. I don't see the actual crust I bought, but they have a rice crust that is really low in carb as well: http://www.ener-g.com/

Here's is an actual link to buy the one I bought:
http://www.amazon.com/Ener-G-Wheat-F...7288439&sr=8-2

It comes with 2 shells. Rob and I split one shell and it was very filling. The crust is really tasty and the best part......It raised my bs after 2 hours only 9 points. Score!

The next item we found were the Blue Diamond Nut Thins:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...mond+Nut+Thins

These are really tasty as well. 16 crackers will give you 20 net carbs. I've tried the ranch, cheddar and smoke house and they are so good! I can indulge my craving for something crunchy and salty without raising my blood sugars.

The last item are Perfect 10 bagels http://www.westernbagel.com/products...perfect_10.php

These are AWESOME and they don't raise my bs at all and they taste soooo gooood.

I put a couple pieces of cheese and some ham..melt in the microwave and yum!

Finally, dinner tonight...I gave shirataki noodles another try and this time..I liked them!

Old 01-24-2012, 09:27 PM   #409
DeniseW
Fat don't crack!!

DeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions community

ok, I've heard of the peanut butter bread but never tried it,thanks. Glad you like the shirataki noodles, I eat them all the time, have to "doctor" them up a little though but they aren't half bad
Old 01-28-2012, 12:02 PM   #410
larousse

larousse can now change their title

Quote:
Sure thing lovies!

I substituted 2 boxes of frozen, thawed and drained spinach for the fresh and I also used some fiesta blend shredded cheese I had in the fridge. This is really awesome stuff!

Ingredients
3 tablespoons butter
1 cup minced onions
salt
fresh ground black pepper
3 lbs fresh spinach, washed, stemmed and finely chopped
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
2 cups heavy cream
12 ounces grated sharp cheddar cheese

Directions
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Lightly grease a 6 cup casserole.
In a large saute pan, melt the remaining butter.
Add the onions and season with salt and pepper.
Saute for about 2 minutes, or until the onions are soft.
Add the spinach.
Season with salt and pepper.
Saute for 3 to 4 minutes.
Add the garlic and cream.
Mix well.
Season the mixture with salt and pepper.
Bring the liquid to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
Simmer the mixture for 6 minutes.
Remove the pan from the heat and turn into the prepared pan.
Add 1/2 of cheese to casserole and stir.
Sprinkle the top with the remainder of the grated cheese and place in the oven.
Bake for about 4 to 6 minutes or until the cheese is slightly brown and bubbly. **I put this under the broiler after 6 minutes to add more color to the cheese..that's how I like my cheese!**
Mmmm, this sounds delicious, I have to make it! It seems awfully rich though so I'll more than likely forgo the butter for a little olive oil and substitute half or more of the cream. Either way, nomnom.
larousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:14 PM   #411
MisticalMisty

Chicken nuggets and fries!

Old 02-01-2012, 09:36 PM   #412
DeniseW
Fat don't crack!!

you are seriously killing me, what are the fries made out of....is that pork rinds on the chicken?

Quote:

Old 02-02-2012, 09:21 AM   #413
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseW View Post
you are seriously killing me, what are the fries made out of....is that pork rinds on the chicken?
Yes, please spill! I'm putting in my grocery order today and would love to know.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 04:10 PM   #414
MisticalMisty

I use crushed spicy pork rinds with a mixture of some grated parm *green can since it's not a star ingredient* and some seasoning. Next time, I'm going to season the chicken first and then dip it. I always do an egg wash and then roll it in the breading mixture.

Those are the turnip fries again. Next time, I'm going to salt them, rinse them..and try the double fry method that came with my fryer...fry at 325 for 3 mins..drain completely and then fry again for 4 mins at 375.

I have 2 more hugemungeous turnips to use up this weekend...so I may try frying them again!
Old 02-03-2012, 09:37 AM   #415
DeniseW
Fat don't crack!!

thanks so much, I wish I lived with you....seriously....lol
Old 02-03-2012, 07:59 PM   #416
MisticalMisty

pulled pork and jalapeno low carb quesadillas...each tortilla only has 4 net carbs.

they were yummy!

Old 02-05-2012, 06:02 PM   #417
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
I use crushed spicy pork rinds with a mixture of some grated parm *green can since it's not a star ingredient* and some seasoning. Next time, I'm going to season the chicken first and then dip it. I always do an egg wash and then roll it in the breading mixture.

Those are the turnip fries again. Next time, I'm going to salt them, rinse them..and try the double fry method that came with my fryer...fry at 325 for 3 mins..drain completely and then fry again for 4 mins at 375.

I have 2 more hugemungeous turnips to use up this weekend...so I may try frying them again!
What a clever idea for breading!

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:17 PM   #418
fat9276

fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I have been making smoothies lately...

1 c. frozen strawberries or raspberries (no sugar added)
1/2 cup Cabot Plain Greek yogurt (full fat, it is so decadent)
3/4 c. Kefir (plain, full fat)
2 packets Stevia

* it does a good job when I have a "sweet tooth" and I can't taste the Stevia after-taste with this combo
fat9276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:20 AM   #419
Alicia33
Southern Belle

Alicia33 is a member of the 500 clubAlicia33 is a member of the 500 clubAlicia33 is a member of the 500 clubAlicia33 is a member of the 500 clubAlicia33 is a member of the 500 clubAlicia33 is a member of the 500 club

I have been eating SDB/extremely low carb for about 2 months now due to infertility issues. I found a recipe for cauliflower crust pizza, and I am going to try it out tonight. I hope it turns out well, I have been craving pizza for a week now

"Ain't nothin' wrong with lovin' chunky"
Alicia33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:42 PM   #420
MisticalMisty

A lot of people rave about that crust..I just haven't gotten the gumption to try it..please let us know what you think!
Old 02-13-2012, 11:27 AM   #421
Alicia33
Southern Belle

Alicia33 is a member of the 500 clubAlicia33 is a member of the 500 clubAlicia33 is a member of the 500 clubAlicia33 is a member of the 500 clubAlicia33 is a member of the 500 clubAlicia33 is a member of the 500 club

I didn't get to try it, went out instead. I am having company over tonight and I am cooking chili, and making a SF chocolate cake with SF fudge topping and light cool whip. I hope everyone likes it

"Ain't nothin' wrong with lovin' chunky"
Alicia33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:37 AM   #422
TexasTrouble

TexasTrouble has super-sized repTexasTrouble has super-sized repTexasTrouble has super-sized repTexasTrouble has super-sized rep

I've been wanting to try the shirataki noodles, but haven't worked up the courage yet. Would anyone mind sharing where they find them and what you need to do to them to make them yummy?
TexasTrouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:00 PM   #423
MisticalMisty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTrouble View Post
I've been wanting to try the shirataki noodles, but haven't worked up the courage yet. Would anyone mind sharing where they find them and what you need to do to them to make them yummy?
I've found them at Sprouts, Whole Foods and Central Market. The first time I tried them..I was completely disgusted...but I tried them again recently and I was really surprised.

First, I would get the fettuccine shape. The angel hair has the weirdest texture to me and the fettuccine was more like a pasta.

Next, they stink to high heaven when you open them..so rinse, rinse and rinse some more. Also..they will be in long strands...we are talking sometimes up to 3 feet long..so after rinsing..dry them on a paper towel and trim them up.

I sauteed mine in a little butter, olive oil, salt and pepper and then added them to a chicken, shrimp and sausage cajun alfredo. They were pretty yummy. There's really no flavor with them..you just have to get past the smell.

If you ever make it to the Dallas, let me know and I'll cook you some if you don't have the courage to do it on your own

ETA: You can see my pic of the noodles in post 408

Last edited by MisticalMisty; 02-13-2012 at 05:03 PM.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:54 PM   #424
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Ok folks, I'm trying to lower my blood pressure. I was futzing around with this recipe and EUREKA!! I think I nailed it:
  • 4lbs. Chicken parts
  • 1 Cup Soy Sauce
  • 1 Cup Diet Rootbeer
  • Sliced Scalions
  • Garlic Powder
  • Onion Powder
  • Black Pepper
  • Red Pepper Flakes

Put everything in a ziploc bag, seal and store in fridge. When ready to make, stick them in the rotisserie or in the oven and cook. Hot damn! They were really good. I used regular Soy sauce and they were still a bit salty. I might try a low salt version next time. Just thought I'd share for those inept in the kitchen like me. This was super easy and not a single ingredient needed to be ordered by mail.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:52 PM   #425
MisticalMisty

I'm totally trying this on chicken wings....I just drank my last diet a&w..so will need to put it on my list.

Thanks