Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 02-15-2012, 03:39 PM   #426
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

dunno if this recipe has been posted already,

I just realized I could make flourless chocolate cake with 100% unsweetened cocoa bars, and the splenda that is made for baking. Or I could add a couple tsps of agave syrup (2 tsp = 32 carbs) to sweeten the chocolate. 32 carbs spread over an entire cake that would have about 10 slices = 3.2 carbs per serving!

I found the unsweetened cocoa bars at Whole Foods and bought two bars. I’m going to try this recipe this weekend.
olwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:26 PM   #427
QuasimodoQT
Shy viking

QuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by olwen View Post
dunno if this recipe has been posted already,

I just realized I could make flourless chocolate cake with 100% unsweetened cocoa bars, and the splenda that is made for baking. Or I could add a couple tsps of agave syrup (2 tsp = 32 carbs) to sweeten the chocolate. 32 carbs spread over an entire cake that would have about 10 slices = 3.2 carbs per serving!

I found the unsweetened cocoa bars at Whole Foods and bought two bars. Iím going to try this recipe this weekend.
I'm not even doing low carb right now and I plan to try this recipe!
Old 02-15-2012, 07:49 PM   #428
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuasimodoQT View Post
I'm not even doing low carb right now and I plan to try this recipe!
Awesome. Let us know what kind of sweetener you end up using. I've already got some baking splenda in my cabinet so I'm going to use that.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:23 PM   #429
QuasimodoQT
Shy viking

QuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by olwen View Post
Awesome. Let us know what kind of sweetener you end up using. I've already got some baking splenda in my cabinet so I'm going to use that.
I have both agave and brown rice syrup, but not knowing how it would affect this, it will probably be Splenda. Or just regular sugar if I'm feeling like splashing out.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:15 PM   #430
crayola box

crayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going on

I've baked with agave and it works fine, but the recipe calls for 3/4 of a cup of sugar...so wouldn't you need way more than two teaspoons (2 tsp) of agave to replace the sugar?
crayola box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:26 PM   #431
olwen
Disco Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayola box View Post
I've baked with agave and it works fine, but the recipe calls for 3/4 of a cup of sugar...so wouldn't you need way more than two teaspoons (2 tsp) of agave to replace the sugar?
I suppose one could adjust the sugar so that it's still low carb while being just a touch sweet. Mostly, it needs to be low carb.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:39 PM   #432
crayola box

crayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going on

Got it...I think. My baking knowledge is nil, lol. If you make it, post pics!
crayola box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:07 AM   #433
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

OMG!! I just saw this posted on Tumblr:

I used to make something like this years ago only I used bread in the muffin tin instead of ham. Why didnt I think of this before? These are super easy to make.

http://thesimpledelights.com/?p=246

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:19 PM   #434
olwen
Disco Bear

That looks really good. Wish I had seen this post before I made poached eggs for breakfast this morning.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:09 AM   #435
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyBBBW View Post
Ok folks, I'm trying to lower my blood pressure. I was futzing around with this recipe and EUREKA!! I think I nailed it:
  • 4lbs. Chicken parts
  • 1 Cup Soy Sauce
  • 1 Cup Diet Rootbeer
  • Sliced Scalions
  • Garlic Powder
  • Onion Powder
  • Black Pepper
  • Red Pepper Flakes

*snip*
I am about to whip up some of this marinade..I'm going to add some grated ginger and use minced garlic instead of powder..can't wait to try them! Thanks
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:49 PM   #436
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisticalMisty View Post
I am about to whip up some of this marinade..I'm going to add some grated ginger and use minced garlic instead of powder..can't wait to try them! Thanks
Good luck! Let me know how you like them.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

@~;~~
Old 03-26-2012, 06:01 PM   #437
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

*bump*

Breakfast for dinner!

Old 03-26-2012, 06:16 PM   #438
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisticalMisty View Post
[COLOR="Purple"]*bump*

Breakfast for dinner!

I loooove breakfast for dinner! That looks delicious!
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:22 PM   #439
*Goofy*Girl*
Kimmy

*Goofy*Girl* never has a post go unnoticed*Goofy*Girl* never has a post go unnoticed*Goofy*Girl* never has a post go unnoticed*Goofy*Girl* never has a post go unnoticed*Goofy*Girl* never has a post go unnoticed*Goofy*Girl* never has a post go unnoticed*Goofy*Girl* never has a post go unnoticed*Goofy*Girl* never has a post go unnoticed

Well, I have finally broken my diet soda habit-with Kool-Aid!

I finally found a brand of Stevia that isn't bitter, doesn't have hidden fillers and is super-sweet! I mix it with whatever envelope of unsweetened Kool-Aid I have a craving for and mmmmm. No calories! No aspartame headaches & craziness & no sucralose screwing with my iodine/thyroid.

Yes, now I'm addicted to Kool-Aid w/ stevia. I drink like 2-3 pitchers a day.
Seriously, now I'm worried about all the food colorings I'm ingesting, lol.

I wonder if they sell "healthier" or "organic" versions somewhere of those unsweetened kool-aid pouches without all the food colorings & stuff. Hmmm.
*Goofy*Girl* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:12 AM   #440
BigBrwnSugar1

BigBrwnSugar1 has super-sized repBigBrwnSugar1 has super-sized repBigBrwnSugar1 has super-sized repBigBrwnSugar1 has super-sized repBigBrwnSugar1 has super-sized rep

Would you mind sharing the brand of Stevia that you found?

I'm trying to find something to sweeten hot tea without it tasting like water from a nuclear power plant!!!!!!

Thanks!
BigBrwnSugar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:41 AM   #441
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Goofy*Girl* View Post
Well, I have finally broken my diet soda habit-with Kool-Aid!

I finally found a brand of Stevia that isn't bitter, doesn't have hidden fillers and is super-sweet! I mix it with whatever envelope of unsweetened Kool-Aid I have a craving for and mmmmm. No calories! No aspartame headaches & craziness & no sucralose screwing with my iodine/thyroid.

Yes, now I'm addicted to Kool-Aid w/ stevia. I drink like 2-3 pitchers a day.
Seriously, now I'm worried about all the food colorings I'm ingesting, lol.

I wonder if they sell "healthier" or "organic" versions somewhere of those unsweetened kool-aid pouches without all the food colorings & stuff. Hmmm.
Have you ever thought about trying carbonated water? They have quite a few flavours these days.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:55 AM   #442
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surlysomething View Post
Have you ever thought about trying carbonated water? They have quite a few flavours these days.
Carbonated water with flavor essence is surprisingly good. Also you can use it to make your Koolaid. I've done it. You lose some of the fizz but it has an overabundance of it as it is. Better than soda.

@~;~~
Old 03-28-2012, 12:00 PM   #443
Surlysomething

Quote:
Carbonated water with flavor essence is surprisingly good. Also you can use it to make your Koolaid. I've done it. You lose some of the fizz but it has an overabundance of it as it is. Better than soda.
I agree!

There are so many options with carbonated water. A splash of any juice makes it so delicious. Even if you add in a few cucumber slices it's totally refreshing. You can buy it up here in two litre bottles and it's pretty cheap. They also have flavours like lemon/lime and raspberry.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:08 PM   #444
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

Quote:
I agree!

There are so many options with carbonated water. A splash of any juice makes it so delicious. Even if you add in a few cucumber slices it's totally refreshing. You can buy it up here in two litre bottles and it's pretty cheap. They also have flavours like lemon/lime and raspberry.
I'm a sugar FANATIC and thought carbonated water would be wretched. Ice cold it hits the spot quite nicely.

@~;~~
Old 04-05-2012, 12:06 AM   #445
*Goofy*Girl*
Kimmy

*Goofy*Girl* never has a post go unnoticed*Goofy*Girl* never has a post go unnoticed*Goofy*Girl* never has a post go unnoticed*Goofy*Girl* never has a post go unnoticed*Goofy*Girl* never has a post go unnoticed*Goofy*Girl* never has a post go unnoticed*Goofy*Girl* never has a post go unnoticed*Goofy*Girl* never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrwnSugar1 View Post
Would you mind sharing the brand of Stevia that you found?

I'm trying to find something to sweeten hot tea without it tasting like water from a nuclear power plant!!!!!!

Thanks!

Haha, it's called "Nu-Stevia." I just bought some on Amazon. It comes in boxes of 50 packets & they're super-sweet. I only need 1 packet for a regular coffee, 2 for a super-size.

I just ran out, darn! Now I'm stuck with this bitter liquid stuff I thought I'd try until my order comes in.

It's sooo bitter, it reminds me of that saccharin stuff from the 80's.
I'm tempted to temporarily go back into my old Splenda stash.

Or maybe I'll get Truvia until then. Overpriced and still slightly bitter, but better than this cr@p.

Stay away from "Stevita" brand!!!
*Goofy*Girl* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 03:08 PM   #446
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Quote:

Speaking of which, I have found that I like the Kmart brand of flavored waters best-
http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_1...&blockType=G24

and last year they came out with the sugar free bottled lemonades in various flavors.

Pink lemonade is my absolute fave
http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_1...=1333922777074

They also have a half and half lemonade/tea mix that is sugar free and very tasty.

I drink any of them all the time- no calories/sugar/caffeine and low sodium to boot.

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 05:24 PM   #447
MisticalMisty

I made the yummiest dinner tonight:

Roast beef with green beans cooked in shallot butter and a garlic/parmesan pan sauce

Old 04-15-2012, 05:06 PM   #448
MisticalMisty

Tried spaghetti squash tonight for the first time. Yum!

Old 04-16-2012, 03:35 PM   #449
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

Oh Emm Geeee!!!! OH my gawd! I just made THE most AMAZING strawberry lemonade with frozen blueberries. Better then chocolate cake. Serious.

1 bottle Smartwater
5 large Strawberries
3/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup Splenda
1/2 cup frozen blueberries or strawberries to keep cold (optional)

Put 1 cup Smartwater, strawberries and Splenda in blender and blend. Pour into Nalgene travel bottle. Pour in lemon juice and rest of Smartwater to fill. Add frozen blueberries/strawberries if desired. Seal and carry with you. Bask in the jealousy.

@~;~~

Last edited by LillyBBBW; 04-16-2012 at 03:39 PM.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:14 PM   #450
MisticalMisty

Quote:
Oh Emm Geeee!!!! OH my gawd! I just made THE most AMAZING strawberry lemonade with frozen blueberries. Better then chocolate cake. Serious.

1 bottle Smartwater
5 large Strawberries
3/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup Splenda
1/2 cup frozen blueberries or strawberries to keep cold (optional)

Put 1 cup Smartwater, strawberries and Splenda in blender and blend. Pour into Nalgene travel bottle. Pour in lemon juice and rest of Smartwater to fill. Add frozen blueberries/strawberries if desired. Seal and carry with you. Bask in the jealousy.
That sounds super yummy!