Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 04-22-2012, 05:22 PM   #451
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

BBWTexan gave me a great recipe for Low Carb, Almond flour banana bread. It's amazing!

Original Recipe: http://www.janssushibar.com/?p=12776&fb_source=message

I knocked the sweetener down to 1/4 cup and the bananas up to 4 small, really ripe ones. I also used Sweet Leaf *Stevia* for the first time and it's amazing.

Here are some pics:

Then, I turned it into french toast for dinner! OMG to die for!

MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:41 PM   #452
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisticalMisty View Post
That sounds super yummy!
Misty it is sooooo good that I'm almost positive there must be something wrong with it. I enjoy it so much.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:53 PM   #453
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyBBBW View Post
Misty it is sooooo good that I'm almost positive there must be something wrong with it. I enjoy it so much.
Totally trying this soon! It doesn't have to be smart water right?
Old 04-22-2012, 09:15 PM   #454
DeniseW
Fat don't crack!!

DeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I saw you talking about it on FB and then came here hoping you posted the recipe, thank you, oh and did you actually use coconut sugar in it or just the stevia?

Quote:
BBWTexan gave me a great recipe for Low Carb, Almond flour banana bread. It's amazing!

Original Recipe: http://www.janssushibar.com/?p=12776&fb_source=message

I knocked the sweetener down to 1/4 cup and the bananas up to 4 small, really ripe ones. I also used Sweet Leaf *Stevia* for the first time and it's amazing.

Here are some pics:

Then, I turned it into french toast for dinner! OMG to die for!

Old 04-23-2012, 04:26 AM   #455
MisticalMisty

Just the Stevia. It's really, really amazingly good. I'll be making another loaf soon. Oh and it's super easy to put together.

The recipe calls for 1/2 cup of sweetener. I would bump it down to 1/4 cup..that's what I did. For the Sweet Leaf sweetener, that meant 1/2 tablespoon.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:43 AM   #456
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Totally trying this soon! It doesn't have to be smart water right?
No. Plain old tap water if you prefer. I just need all the help I can get.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:37 PM   #457
DeniseW
Fat don't crack!!

DeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions community

thanks.... Trying it tomorrow, I actually already have almond flour....I just have to be careful with bananas but it seems like it makes a lot of servings so you don't get much banana in each slice...

Quote:
Just the Stevia. It's really, really amazingly good. I'll be making another loaf soon. Oh and it's super easy to put together.

The recipe calls for 1/2 cup of sweetener. I would bump it down to 1/4 cup..that's what I did. For the Sweet Leaf sweetener, that meant 1/2 tablespoon.

Old 04-23-2012, 06:47 PM   #458
MisticalMisty

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseW View Post
thanks.... Trying it tomorrow, I actually already have almond flour....I just have to be careful with bananas but it seems like it makes a lot of servings so you don't get much banana in each slice...
My bs actually went down 20 points 2 hours after eating this...so hopefully you won't have any issues!

Lorenzee, good to know! I will definitely try it out!
Old 04-28-2012, 11:19 AM   #459
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

I kinda dislike bananas, but I'm gonna try this since it's gluten free.
olwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:26 PM   #460
MisticalMisty

**This makes roughly 6 cups of base which makes 2 quarts of ice cream. 1 cup of this base is 1.5 carbs. If you were just to make vanilla ice cream, it would only be 1.5 carbs per cup.**

Ingredients for base:

6 eggs
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 1/2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
3/4 cups sweetener * I originally used 1/2 cup stevia..and I felt like it needed more*
pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla extract-up if you want a stronger flavor

to cook:

bring cream, milk and salt to a simmer in a heavy large saucepan. Whisk sugar and egg yolks in a medium bowl or stand mixer. Gradually whisk hot cream mixture into yolk mixture. Return mixture to same saucepan. Stir over medium-low heat until custard thickens and leaves path on back of spoon when finger is drawn across do not boil. Pass through a sieve into a medium bowl, stir in vanilla and refrigerate until very cold, 3-4 hours.

Put in ice cream maker and enjoy!

The consistency is slightly different than regular ice cream.. However, it tasted great. I may try to make it with just heavy cream..who knows.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:34 PM   #461
MisticalMisty

Low carb Shepherd's Pie/Cottage pie

Old 07-13-2012, 06:51 PM   #462
MisticalMisty

Cross posting!

OMG..I made a fantastic dinner..if I do say so myself

Asian meatballs with Toasted Sesame Ginger Quinoa. I made a dipping sauce for the side!

Recipe:

For meatballs:

2lbs ground pork
1/2 cup broccoli slaw or cole slaw mix finely chopped
4 green onions/scallions *whites and greens* finely chopped
1/4 cup finely chopped water chestnuts
1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
3 garlic cloves-minced
1 beaten egg
2 tsp soy sauce
1 1/2 tsp sesame oil

Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. This recipe makes 16 golf ball sized meatballs. Preheat oven to 400 and heat large pan and about a tbsp of cooking oil in pan. Brown meatballs on all sides and finish cooking in oven for about 20 minutes or until cooked through.

For Sauce:

1/2 cup Hoisin Sauce
1/3 cup Mayo
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp Siracha

Mix well! This is pretty spicy with one tsp..but you could always add more depending upon your tastes!

Link for the Quinoa

http://www.rolandfood.com/#zHsblpyNe
Old 11-04-2012, 02:52 PM   #463
dharmabean
♥ ɢrтıтuɗɛ◦ɢӏ ♥

dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Holy Crap this sounds so damn good

Beef Brisket

4 lbs brisket
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 TBS ketchup
1 TBS red wine vinegar
1 TBS brown sugar
tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
2 onions, thinly sliced
2 TBS flour
1/3 cup water

Place onions in the bottom of a slow cooker, then place brisket, fat side up (if it has a fat side), on top of the onions. Sprinkle garlic on top. In a small bowl, combine ketchup, vinegar and brown sugar. Rub into beef. Add enough water to cover the bottom of he cooker. Cook on low 8-10 hours.
For gravy, place brisket on dish to rest before carving. Transfer juice to a pot and cook on medium heat. Mix the flour with 1/3 cup water then add to the pot. Bring to a boil stirring frequently with wire whisk.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:13 PM   #464
TearInYourHand
Mistress Member

TearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions community

<<<bump>>>

Just diagnosed with some health issues and have to follow a low carb/ low glycemic diet-- thought I'd revive this thread. Anyone with any good new recipes or ideas lately?

Tear
Old 08-01-2013, 06:51 AM   #465
lypeaches

lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Not a recipe, but I just tried the new Triscuits Brown Rice and Sweet Potato crackers (onion flavor) and they're really good!

I realize they're not carb free, but I'm guessing they're lower on the glycemic index than most crackers? Anybody know?
lypeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 03:40 PM   #466
MisticalMisty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TearInYourHand View Post
<<<bump>>>

Just diagnosed with some health issues and have to follow a low carb/ low glycemic diet-- thought I'd revive this thread. Anyone with any good new recipes or ideas lately?

Tear
I haven't been on in forever...but Pinterest is my new best friend when it comes to low carb recipes!
Old 08-11-2013, 11:13 AM   #467
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

ConnieLynn posted some great low carb food ideas over in the Every Day Food Pics thread.

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 11:14 AM   #468
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Low carb Shepherd's Pie/Cottage pie

Is there a recipe to go with this that I have missed? It looks very interesting...

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 03:35 PM   #469
MisticalMisty

I just made shepherd's pie filling without flour...and topped it with mashed turnips. it was delicious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post
Is there a recipe to go with this that I have missed? It looks very interesting...
Old 08-12-2013, 03:36 PM   #470
MisticalMisty

We have over 300 pins on this low carb board. It's a mix of low carb, paleo and primal.

http://pinterest.com/justsomelady/low-carb/
Old 08-14-2013, 06:54 PM   #471
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Thanks for that link. i'm trying hard to do low carb for hubs. It's torture. WE're also trying to be vegan and low fat 90% of the time! We eat LOTS of salads.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:37 PM   #472
EMH1701

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Just found something that qualifies as low carb...good old-fashioned green bean casserole, and you can make it the tomato way or the cream of mushroom soup way, but not put the onion rings on top. Cheese and bacon work perfectly fine as toppings. Vegetarians can use veggie bacon.
EMH1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:51 PM   #473
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

Veggie & cheese egg bake:

2 cups well-chopped or sliced veggies of your choice (I use red bell pepper, mushrooms, red onion, and garlic). But you could also add zucchini, broccoli, or any other low-starch vegetable.

4 cups greens of your choice, cut into strips (I like to use a blend of baby greens, spinach, chard, and kale). But you can use whatever you prefer, just as long as it's not terribly bitter.

6 eggs, 4 Tbsp milk (or kefir, or yogurt).

1/2 - 1 cup (depending on how cheesy you want it) shredded, grated, or crumbled cheese of your choice (I use a combination of feta and parmesan).

Seasonings of your choice (I like to use black pepper, Italian dried herb blend, and several good shakes of hot red pepper flakes). IMO the cheeses I use add enough salt to the recipe, but add salt to your taste.

Preheat your oven to 375, and spray/oil a pie pan for wedge slices or a square/rectangle pan for square slices. (The pan I used in the photo is about the size of the lid of a standard shoe box).

Sautee the vegetables with a little bit of oil until they are tender and just starting to caramelize, then add any herbs or spices you want, and toss in your greens to wilt them. They won't need much cooking, you just need them to be wilted and tender.

Spread the cooked veggie and green mixture evenly in the bottom of your baking dish, and sprinkle your cheese evenly over the top of them.

Whisk up your eggs and milk, pour carefully over the top of veggies and cheese, and bake until golden on top and eggs are fully set. (I have a small countertop oven, so it takes about 30 minutes, a full-size oven probably won't take as long).

I like to eat this for breakfast, not only is it low in carbs, but it's got loads of nutrition from the veggies and greens. Also, it keeps just fine in the fridge. Once it's completely cooled, just store leftovers in an airtight container. I reccomend baking to reheat instead of using a microwave, so that it doesn't get spongy.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:51 AM   #474
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

" i'm trying hard to do low carb for hubs. It's torture. WE're also trying to be vegan and low fat 90% of the time! "

Here's a veg-friendly idea to help cut carbs. Whenever you make a grain dish, "cut" the grains or even substitute them entirely with steamed finely minced cauliflower. Lowcarb "rice" so to speak. I use one of those slap choppers, but you can use a knife or even pulse in a food processer. Once the cauliflower is in small rice-y sized pieces, steam it gently (but not to mush). You can use a bit of vegetable stock or just a bit of water to steam it. I've found that it works really well with stirfries or curries or anything else you would serve over rice. I'll do 2/3 cauliflower rice and 1/3 real rice and it's ricey enough for me to get my rice lover fix while saving some carbs. But straight cauliflower rice is good too. I was surprised at how much I liked it since I don't generally feel satisfied with substitution tricks.

Tracy
Old 08-29-2013, 02:45 PM   #475
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I read about it, haven't tried it. I usually add textured vegetable protein to my rice at a 1 to 1 ratio when i'm making it in the rice cooker. It helps with that need for a starchy texture.
I made a wonderful lasagna last night without noodles. Didn't miss them one bit. I used thinly sliced eggplant instead.
Also, the dreamfield pasta is great for that once a week pasta meal. (We used to eat pasta several times a week and now we MAY have it once a week, usually less)