Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 04-27-2017, 03:33 PM   #501
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

Halo Top ice cream. It's a game changer if your digestive system can handle erythritol. It barely bumps my blood glucose up, and it tastes good. Not a low carb make do decent enough to get by with kind of good. But *good* as premium sugar sweetened ice creams.
Old 04-27-2017, 08:13 PM   #502
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I agree about Halo Top! Surprisingly good!
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 05:26 PM   #503
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

As luvmybhm pointed out earlier, it's not so much a low-carb diet as a low-refined-carb diet.And for me, the problem has always been bread. Your average, grocery-store whole wheat bread has to have some white flour in it to distinguish it from a hockey puck, and the German health bread you get at the health food store makes me even more fervently glad that we won World War II. Now there is an edible alternative: Dave's Killer Bread. Yes, it is whole wheat bread, without white flour. The lightness comes from extra gluten. Yes, it contains (far down the list of ingredients) both cane syrup and molasses. Dave's genius was to provide extra fiber to offset these refined carbohydrates with a mixture of just about every kind of seed I am aware of. While eating it regularly I was able to lower my A1C from 6.5 to somewhere in the low 5's (I don't remember where exactly). You might consider trying it if it's available in your area.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 02:31 PM   #504
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

My grocery store has several varieties of Dave's. I'm going to try one next time I place an order.

Thanks!
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 07:55 PM   #505
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

This week I'm trying the oatmeal cookie and red velvet cake flavors from Halo Top.

Oatmeal cookie is amazing, and has oats mixed in for texture, which I really like. Red velvet cake just has a rich cocoa vanilla flavor that's nicer than plain chocolate.

I've also tried chocolate, which was pretty good. Lemon cake, which was disappointingly un-lemony. And mint chocolate chip, which tasted just like an Andes mint.

So far my favorite is mint chocolate chip, followed closely by oatmeal cookie.

There are still several more flavors I have yet to try, looking forward to seeing what they're like.
Old 05-15-2017, 09:12 PM   #506
DragonFly
Ahem Prema

DragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging in

I have exchanged edamame for popcorn. Salty fun!!!
DragonFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 02:57 AM   #507
Tracyarts

Halo Top strawberry disappointed me. It's not very strawberry-ish at all. I think I'll try it with fresh or frozen berries to up the berry factor a bit and see if that helps.