Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 02-09-2011, 10:14 AM   #76
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyBBBW View Post

ETA: also if anyone could help me with this one. What's the deal with tapioca? Some low carb recipes that I've encountered usually require tapioca to thicken sauces and broth. Is tapioca low carb or is it simply lower in carbs than using flour?
I have never seen tapioca in recipes. I know a lot of recipes I see or watch on youtbe call for xanthum gum to use a thickner.

I haven't tried it yet...because I still use just a little corn starch and water. It really doesn't add too many carbs.

Maybe someone will know!
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 02:48 PM   #77
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisticalMisty View Post
I have never seen tapioca in recipes. I know a lot of recipes I see or watch on youtbe call for xanthum gum to use a thickner.

I haven't tried it yet...because I still use just a little corn starch and water. It really doesn't add too many carbs.

Maybe someone will know!
Tapioca starch is NOT low in carbs. I'm not posting nutrional info because for some reason it varies by brand so I doubt it's accurate.

It's very similar to corn starch as far as consistancy. I have used it in the past but to me it's not worth it. I use corn starch or flour to thicken all the time.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 02:57 PM   #78
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyBBBW View Post
Where is it? I've never seen one. Seems like a seperate thread would be a little redundant but I'd love to see it if it exists. Maybe the two can be combined.

ETA: also if anyone could help me with this one. What's the deal with tapioca? Some low carb recipes that I've encountered usually require tapioca to thicken sauces and broth. Is tapioca low carb or is it simply lower in carbs than using flour?
If no one else can find it, then I must be thinking of something else.

Tapioca flour is a fair substitute for wheat flour in gluten free recipes, but it has to be combined with some other kind of flour. It's made from the yuca plant. I like mashed yuca, fried yuca, or yuca pastelitos, but tapioca pudding, those tapioca balls in bubble milk tea, just yuk. It's a texture thing for me. You can buy tapioca flour in the same place you'd find rice flour, potato flour, flax seed flour, etc. I've never used it to thicken sauces. I always end up using actual rice as a thickener, or I end up making some kind of wine reduction, especially for pork chops. Yum.

Last edited by olwen; 02-09-2011 at 03:23 PM.
olwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:14 PM   #79
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Thanks so much everyone for the replies about the tapioca. It didn't seem very carb reducing but I've seen it listed in so many low carb recipes I wondered if maybe someone knew something I didn't know.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 06:21 PM   #80
Punkin1024
Summer's already here!

Location: Near Abilene, Texas, in the country. Wishing all my DIMS friends lived close by.
Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I can't believe I've somehow overlooked this thread since 2009! I'm glad I found it.

My contribution:

Low-carbing is all about avoiding pre-packaged, heavily processed foods (which are chock-full of "mystery ingredients") and going for fresh,whole foods. Most of the time, you will have to cook from "scratch", but I feel it is the best way to go for my health.

I have several recipe books that are my "go-to" for low-carb cooking. Since several of you have mentioned that you need to watch carb counts, I recommend this book: "Low-Carb Dieting for Dummies". The book is written with a slant for weight-loss, but provides loads of information, including carb counts. It was written by Katherine B Chauncey, Associate Professor & Director of Nutrition, Texas Tech Medical Center. She gives loads of sensible advice and it is very easy to understand (I love the "Dummies" books). There are also recipes in the book. Our favorite recipes in this book are: "Hearty Vegetable Soup", "Marilyn's Orange-Pineapple Delight", and "Eggplant Casserole". Perhaps the information will be helpful for you all.

My favorite cookbooks are: "Extreme Lo-Carb Cuisine" and "Extreme Lo-Carb Meals On The Go" by Sharron Long. "The Complete Idiot's Guide to: Quick & Easy Low-Carb Meals" by Tod Dimmick and "500 Low Carb Recipes" by Dana Carpenter.

The cookbooks by Sharron Long, for the most part, are my favorites because she uses common ingredients found in most grocery stores or health food stores. She also provides reduced fat variations with most of her recipes. She even has a recipe for making your own almond milk (if you are that industrious - ha)! She uses arrowroot powder as a thickener in soups and sauces. If you are soy sensitive, however, it would be best to stick with the Complete Idiot's Guide book for baked goods, since he has recipes that can use Low-Carb bake mix or Whole Wheat flour.

Another note: I highly recommend McNut Oil (macadamia nut oil from Australia) for cooking oil. It is the best mono-unsaturated oil in the market. I found out about this while reading "The Hampton's Diet" by Dr. Pescatore.

I hope this information helps!

"Rainy day people don't talk, they just listen till they've heard it all." ~Rainy Day People - Gordon Lightfoot

"Use what talent you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best." - Henry Van Dyke
Punkin1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 07:38 PM   #81
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

I just realized the dinner I made tonight was low carb, but probably not low cholesterol.

Meatballs: 1 egg, scallions, garlic, salt, pepper, thyme, oregano, cumin 1/2 cup gluten free bread crumbs for a pound and a half of 80% lean ground beef (bread crumbs can be omitted) in tomato sauce: 1can low sodium chicken broth, about 1/2 cup white wine, 1 can diced tomatoes, tomato paste (water can be substituted for white wine), oregano, thyme, salt, pepper, garlic, cumin

mixed greens and okra, sauteed in about a tablespoon of bacon grease I saved from breakfast, garlic, salt, pepper

steamed broccoli

white rice (I ate about 1/2 cup)

I'm guessing that between the white wine, bread crumbs, and rice there were probably more than 45 carbs.

For breakfast I had poached eggs topped with a sprinkling of grated parmesan, scallions, salt, pepper, 1/2 grapefruit, 1 and a half buscuits with butter, bacon, coffee.

I also made chai cupcakes, but I haven't eaten one yet. I try to wait an hour or two after eating dinner before I have something sweet. It was my first time trying that flavor and everyone else said they do taste like chai, so I can't wait till the next hour is up so I can have one.

Last edited by olwen; 02-12-2011 at 07:41 PM.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:12 PM   #82
Punkin1024
Summer's already here!

Location: Near Abilene, Texas, in the country. Wishing all my DIMS friends lived close by.
Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Olwen - Just commenting on waiting an hour or two after dinner before eating sweets...I've read a few books on the glycemic index that indicates that it is better to eat sweets no later than 30 minutes after your meal to avoid blood sugar spikes. I just wanted to add this bit of info. I'm sure Misty and other diabetics may have more up-to-date information on this.

By-the-way ...your meals sound like they are very tasty.

"Rainy day people don't talk, they just listen till they've heard it all." ~Rainy Day People - Gordon Lightfoot

"Use what talent you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best." - Henry Van Dyke
Old 02-13-2011, 09:45 AM   #83
olwen
Disco Bear

Thanks for that punkin. I suppose I should learn more about the glycemic index. The nutritionist gave me reading material about managing diabetes and a booklet that had carb counts of common foods which wasn't very helpful. I got a copy of diabetes for dummies and didn't finish reading it, so I will now.
Old 02-13-2011, 01:48 PM   #84
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Just wanted everyone to know that Applebees has a new part on their menu with meals "550 calories and under". The carbs are listed below on some of the selections for anyone interested.

Quote:
Unbelievably Great Tasting & UNDER 550 Calories™ - includes sides

Asiago Peppercorn Steak (390 cal/14g fat/5g fiber/26g carbs/43g protein/1520mg sodium/6g saturated fat) 10 (8.5)

Spicy Shrimp Diavolo (500 cal/10g fat/12g fiber/79g carbs/32g protein/1919mg sodium/3.5g saturated fat) 13.5 (10.5)

Grilled Dijon Chicken & Portobellos (450 cal/16g fat/6g fiber/32g carbs/54g protein/1810mg sodium/6g saturated fat) 12.5 (10)

Grilled Shrimp & Island Rice (380 cal/4.5g fat/6g fiber/59g carbs/29g protein/2370mg sodium/1g saturated fat) 10 (7.5)

Asian Crunch Salad (490 cal/9g fat/7g fiber/57g carbs/51g protein/3170mg sodium/1g saturated fat) 13 (10)
Please PM me if anyone wants a link to this site that lists the breakdown for menu items in many popular chain restaurants

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 11:48 PM   #85
Punkin1024
Summer's already here!

Now I wish there was an Applebee's in Abilene! Sigh!

I do recall, that several year's back, TGIFriday's had Atkins friendly dishes on their menu. I ordered the salmon dinner and the cheesecake dessert. Both were very yummy!

The books I mentioned above also had tips for eating low carb at restaurants and buffets.

Old 03-02-2011, 03:42 AM   #86
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

" Low-carbing is all about avoiding pre-packaged, heavily processed foods (which are chock-full of "mystery ingredients") and going for fresh,whole foods. Most of the time, you will have to cook from "scratch", but I feel it is the best way to go for my health. "

I totally agree with you here. I'm having to pay a lot more attention to carbohydrates and the glycemic index when it comes to food choices now, and it's just easier to work with whole foods most of the time.

My rule of thumb when it comes to packaged and processed foods is to read the ingredient label. If the ingredients listed are things I would use in my own kitchen to prepare that food, then it's fine. But if there are all kinds of mystery ingredients and stuff that really shouldn't be in there, I leave it on the shelf.

Tracy
Old 03-03-2011, 06:28 PM   #87
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Made Turnips Au Gratin tonight..OMG so good. Have to try a different cheese this time..it was too greasy!

I like my cheese dark
Old 03-04-2011, 11:33 AM   #88
DeniseW
Fat don't crack!!

DeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions community

that looks so good, I made fake mac and cheese with cauliflower the other day that came out good.....

Quote:
Made Turnips Au Gratin tonight..OMG so good. Have to try a different cheese this time..it was too greasy!

I like my cheese dark
Old 03-04-2011, 04:00 PM   #89
MisticalMisty

thanks denise!
Old 03-04-2011, 06:59 PM   #90
MisticalMisty

Finally found diet rite. It's sweetened with splenda, 0 calories, 0 carbs, and 0 sodium. They only had the tangerine flavor and it tasted just like a clementine.

Last edited by MisticalMisty; 05-20-2012 at 06:05 PM.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:21 PM   #91
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

This morning I pinched back my basil plants because they were starting to grow more spindly than bushy, and trimmed the ends of some long shoots off of one of my oregano plants while I was at it.

I wanted to use them to make a simple tomato sauce but had no clue what, aside from pasta, to eat it with. I wound up making a little bit of tomato sauce, and taking some all-meat meatballs I had made and froze, defrosted them, sliced them up and put them in a single layer in the bottom of a little casserole dish, brushed some of the tomato sauce on top of them, and sprinkled shredded cheese on top and baked it until it was all nice and bubbly and browned.

It was more meat and cheese than I'm used to, but it tasted awesome. I'm thinking next time I could add a layer of sliced zucchini, or even use it to stuff hollowed out zucchinis with and it would be more balanced and more of a meal than a snack.

Tracy
Old 03-05-2011, 02:03 PM   #92
shinyapple
crunchy in milk

shinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticed

Spaghetti squash can be a good idea for getting a similar feeling to eating actual pasta. I've also been known to just make it extra thick and chunky with vegetables and eat it out of a bowl like stew.

I'm weird like that though.
shinyapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 08:57 PM   #93
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I don't know if this has been posted but you can substitute thinly sliced eggplant and zucchini for lasagna noodles. It takes a longer time to bake. (like 45-75 minutes depending on how thing it is sliced) It doesn't taste exactly like lasagna but it really does nip my cravings for it in the bud. De-skin the eggplant before doing this because the skin can be tough. The servings of lasagna are typically a little more juicy too. But then again i make it with tofu instead of ricotta and it's loaded with veggies which makes more juiciness
HottiMegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:52 PM   #94
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseW View Post
that looks so good, I made fake mac and cheese with cauliflower the other day that came out good.....
Do you make it just like regular mac n cheese but just used steamed cauliflower instead?

And where is the recipe for Turnip Au Gratin, Misty?

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
Old 03-06-2011, 08:20 PM   #95
MisticalMisty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post
Do you make it just like regular mac n cheese but just used steamed cauliflower instead?

I made a white sauce starting with 1/4 cup butter and a 1/4 cup flour. Add 2 cups of milk, salt and pepper to taste. Add in about 2 cups of the cheese of your choosing. **I wouldn't use the pre-shredded cheese..it will make it greasy**

I always add a little garlic..maybe 1 tsp and a couple of slices of bacon crumbled.

The most important part is to peel the turnips..I used 4 small ones and sliced them really thin and nuke them for about 2 mintues.

Layer like you would a lasagna...in a small pan...cheese sauce on the bottom, layer of turnips, etc. I then add some shredded cheese on top.

Cook in a 350 oven for about 20 minutes.

This makes about 4 servings..so the flour works out to be about 5 carbs per serving.

You could just substitute turnips for potatoes in your favorite scalloped potato/potatoes au gratin recipe.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:21 PM   #96
MisticalMisty

We found the white grape and the red raspberry diet rite. It's really good and I love how it has no sodium.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:21 PM   #97
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Quote:
I made a white sauce starting with 1/4 cup butter and a 1/4 cup flour. Add 2 cups of milk, salt and pepper to taste. Add in about 2 cups of the cheese of your choosing. **I wouldn't use the pre-shredded cheese..it will make it greasy**

I always add a little garlic..maybe 1 tsp and a couple of slices of bacon crumbled.

The most important part is to peel the turnips..I used 4 small ones and sliced them really thin and nuke them for about 2 mintues.

Layer like you would a lasagna...in a small pan...cheese sauce on the bottom, layer of turnips, etc. I then add some shredded cheese on top.

Cook in a 350 oven for about 20 minutes.

This makes about 4 servings..so the flour works out to be about 5 carbs per serving.
Oooooo nice- thanks

Old 03-06-2011, 11:52 PM   #98
Punkin1024
Summer's already here!

Here's the recipe for "Fake-Aroni and Cheese Casserole" from Sharron Long's cookbook "Extreme Lo-Carb Cuisine":

1 1/2 cups sour cream
2 eggs
1 1/4 cups cheese, shredded (we used Colby/Jack)
1/4 tsp. Paprika
1 1/2 Tablespoons minced onion, dried
1 tsp. seasoning salt
1/4 tsp. lemon pepper
1 pound cauliflower, chopped into 1/2' pieces (approx. 5 cups, either fresh or frozen)
1 pound beef franks, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 tablespoon parsley flakes
Cooking oil spray

1. In a large mixing bowl, stir together the sour cream, eggs, cheese, and spices (except the parsley). Mix thoroughly with a wire whisk, if available. Stir the cauliflower and franks into the cheese mixture.
2. Spray a 9"X13"X2" pan with cooking oil spray (we used a glass dish) and pour the cauliflower and cheese mixture into the pan. Spread the mixture evenly and sprinkle it with the parsley flakes. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 25 to 35 minutes, or until it is bubbly and golden.

Serves: 6 Carbs - 8 grams - Effective carb count - 6 grams. Protein - 18 grams. Fat 38 grams - Calories 440.

Reduced Fat Variation: Use chicken hot dogs, low-fat sour cream and reduced fat cheese. Carbs: 12 grams - Effective Carb Count - 10 grams. Protein - 19 grams. Fat - 18 grams. Calories 284.

We used the original recipe. Next time - we'll try reducing the fat by using low-fat sour cream and low-fat cheese. If you use the Beef Franks, I recommend you go for a quality brand Frank and make sure they are 100% All Beef (no fillers).

Old 03-08-2011, 11:48 AM   #99
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I saw this recipe this morning posted on my favorite fat free vegan blog. (i'm subscribed on facebook) I saw the recipe and thought of this thread. I figure if you're comfortable with cooking, you could doctor it up with the things you like in it. But i liked the concept of trying to use thinly sliced cabbage in place of noodles in a chick'n noodle soup. It's a good jumping off place kind of recipe if you're not into vegan food.
http://networkedblogs.com/faO0x
I love her photos on this site.. It's total food porn
HottiMegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:44 PM   #100
DeniseW
Fat don't crack!!

DeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I'll post the recipe tomorrow, it's in my recipe box so I'll dig it out first thing in the moring....and yes, I do use steamed cauliflower...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post