Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 03-09-2011, 12:04 AM   #101
Punkin1024
Summer's already here!

Location: Near Abilene, Texas, in the country. Wishing all my DIMS friends lived close by.
Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Here is the Creamy Lemon Chicken recipe, as requested by GEF:

1 - 3 pound chicken, cut up (we used chicken breasts instead)
Seasoning salt, to taste
1 teaspoon of lemon zest
1/4 mushrooms sliced
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup cream
1 cup of sour cream
1/4 cup of chicken stock (broth)

1. Place the chicken into a large 9"X13" baking dish. Sprinkle with seasoning salt and the lemon zest.

2. In a medium frying pan over medium heat, cook the sliced mushroom in butter until they are softened, about 5 minutes. Cool slightly, about 3 minutes.

3. In a mixing bowl, using a wire whisk, thoroughly combine the cream and sour cream. Add the chicken broth and cooked mushrooms, mixing thoroughly. Spread all of the sauce over the chicken, so that the chicken is completely covered.

4. Bake 2 hours (less if you are using boned, skinned chicken breasts - we baked for about 1 hour - depends on size of chicken breasts. The recipe says for 1 hour for bone in breasts.) at 350 degrees F. To serve, place excess sauce in a small serving dish and use as a gravy over the chicken and your choice of veggie.

Serves: 8. Carbs - 3 grams. Effective carb count - 2 grams. Protein - 18 grams. Fat - 31 grams. Calories: 363

Reduced Fat Variation: Cook the mushrooms in about 2 tablespoons of Chicken Broth instead of the butter. Use canned skim milk and low fat sour cream. Carbs - 6 grams. Effective Carb Count - 5 grams. Protein: 20 grams. Fat - 15 grams. Calories - 238.

Enjoy!

"Rainy day people don't talk, they just listen till they've heard it all." ~Rainy Day People - Gordon Lightfoot

"Use what talent you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best." - Henry Van Dyke
Punkin1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 05:16 AM   #102
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Sounds good Ella!

I put Divinci Strawberry Syrup in my Almond Milk last night...was very good!
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 05:09 PM   #103
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Thank you Ella!

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:22 PM   #104
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

My dinner tonight was braised lamb shanks: water, worcestershire, chicken stock, garlic, salt, pepper. Put the shanks in a pot, cover them with the water and chicken stock and spices. Cook for about two or three hours. (These were made yesterday actually).

Sauteed veggies: sesamie oil (about 2 tblsp), zucchini, eggplant, yellow squash, onion, red pepper yellow pepper (bias cut), onion (julienned), salt, red pepper flakes, garlic.

For the carb, I just had a slice of challah bread. Should be about 15-17 gm carbs.
olwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:45 PM   #105
Punkin1024
Summer's already here!

Location: Near Abilene, Texas, in the country. Wishing all my DIMS friends lived close by.
Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I've been trying to warm up to 80% Cocoa Dark Chocolate, but it is way too dry for my tastes (I always end up slathering it with All Natural Peanut Butter from Smucker's). So I've been trying out different versions of low carb chocolate. I've finally found one that I really like. It is a bit pricey (2.99 for a 1.8 oz. bar), but just a couple of bites (about 1/2 the bar) gets me past my chocolate cravings. The one I've tried is "Chocoperfection" Raspberry Dark Chocolate. Here's the stats: 2g Net Carbs 12g Fiber, Naturally Sugar Free, Gluten Free, 60% Cocoa. It is sweetened with Oligofructose and erythritol. I am happy to report that these sweeteners did not give me any problems like sugar alcohols usually do. They are on the web here.

"Rainy day people don't talk, they just listen till they've heard it all." ~Rainy Day People - Gordon Lightfoot

"Use what talent you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best." - Henry Van Dyke
Old 03-10-2011, 07:51 PM   #106
DeniseW
Fat don't crack!!

DeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions community

This is from Linda's Low Carb, a great site with a wealth of low carb recipes....

MOCKAFONI & CHEESE
16 ounce bag frozen cauliflower
4 ounces cream cheese
2 tablespoons heavy cream or low carb milk
4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
2 green onions, finely chopped
1 teaspoon minced chives, optional
1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
1/2 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
2 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded

Cook the cauliflower until tender; drain well. In a 1 1/2 quart casserole; soften the cream cheese in the microwave about 30-40 seconds on HIGH. Whisk in the cream until smooth, then stir in 4 ounces cheddar cheese. Microwave on MEDIUM about 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Stir well until creamy and smooth, microwaving a little longer if necessary. Stir in the green onions, chives, salt and pepper. Add the cauliflower and gently fold into the cheese sauce to coat well. Adjust the seasonings if needed. Top with the remaining 2 ounces cheese and bake at 350 for 35 minutes, until bubbly and brown on top.

Makes 4-6 servings
Can be frozen

Per 1/4 Recipe: 326 Calories; 27g Fat; 15g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 5g Net Carbs
Per 1/6 Recipe: 217 Calories; 18g Fat; 10g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 3g Net Carbs
Old 03-13-2011, 09:36 AM   #107
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Low Carb Pizza Crust

The original recipe will make a crust to fit a 9 x 13 pan. I doubled the recipe to fit onto a large sheet pan to get more meals out of it.

Original recipe:

4 oz cream cheese softened
2 eggs
1/4 cup grated parmesean cheese
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp italian seasoning
8 oz shredded mozzerella

Preheat oven to 375. Spray pan with cooking spray. In large bowl, wisk cream cheese until smooth. Add eggs and whisk until combined. Add garlic powder, italian seasoning and parm. Whisk until combined and then add mozzerella cheese. Stir until all the cheese is coated. Spread a thin layer of the mixture onto pan. Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes.

Once it cooled, I flipped it over so that the browned crust was on the bottom. I then added our favorite pizza toppings and cooked for another 20 minutes. I would suggest that after flipping you bake for about 10 more minutes..cool and then add your toppings!

It will be a little salty, so don't add any salt.

Flipped

Topped

Baked

This is really good and only has 6 carbs per serving I believe.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:03 AM   #108
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Holy Meat Lovers Pizza, Batman!
Old 03-13-2011, 12:21 PM   #109
MisticalMisty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Holy Meat Lovers Pizza, Batman!
yeah..we are definitely meat eaters here..lol
Old 03-13-2011, 01:08 PM   #110
Punkin1024
Summer's already here!

Misty!

Wow, fantastic pictures and the pizzas look delicious. I can't wait to try out the recipe. I'll probably top mine with mushrooms, pepperoni and more cheese!

Old 03-13-2011, 01:28 PM   #111
Miss Vickie

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Wow, those pizzas look great!

I don't really cook low carb but I do try to cook with few "white" foods so we avoid white pasta, white rice, stuff like that. I like the newer whole grain pastas. They're pretty darn good. And I have a friend who's gluten intolerant so I'm cooking more with rice pasta, and this ain't your mama's rice pasta -- it's way tastier, unless you overcook it, in which case you're screwed!

But anyway, I just wanted to put in a little plug for truvia, the new zero calorie sweetener. It's really quite good, and you can even bake with it! I've had stevia before and I thought it tasted dreadful but I got a box of packets of truvia and I like it a lot. I've been on a berry binge lately and have been eating berries over greek yogurt with a little truvia sprinkled over it and it's delish.

Also, if you're kind of ho hum about veggies, if you roast them it totally kicks the flavor up a notch. All you need to do is throw a little olive oil over them, salt and pepper them and roast them at 350 until they're caramelized and the taste change is divine. Then, per Ina Garten's suggestion, I've thrown leftovers in a pan with some chicken stock and used an immersion blender and made soup. SOOOOOOOO good. Depending on which veggies you choose it can be pretty low carb.
Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 05:08 PM   #112
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseW View Post
This is from Linda's Low Carb, a great site with a wealth of low carb recipes....

MOCKAFONI & CHEESE
16 ounce bag frozen cauliflower
4 ounces cream cheese
2 tablespoons heavy cream or low carb milk
4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
2 green onions, finely chopped
1 teaspoon minced chives, optional
1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
1/2 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
2 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded

Cook the cauliflower until tender; drain well. In a 1 1/2 quart casserole; soften the cream cheese in the microwave about 30-40 seconds on HIGH. Whisk in the cream until smooth, then stir in 4 ounces cheddar cheese. Microwave on MEDIUM about 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Stir well until creamy and smooth, microwaving a little longer if necessary. Stir in the green onions, chives, salt and pepper. Add the cauliflower and gently fold into the cheese sauce to coat well. Adjust the seasonings if needed. Top with the remaining 2 ounces cheese and bake at 350 for 35 minutes, until bubbly and brown on top.

Makes 4-6 servings
Can be frozen

Per 1/4 Recipe: 326 Calories; 27g Fat; 15g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 5g Net Carbs
Per 1/6 Recipe: 217 Calories; 18g Fat; 10g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 3g Net Carbs

OoOoOoOOo Thank you for this! I owe you rep Lady

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 05:31 PM   #113
MisticalMisty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkin1024 View Post
Misty!

Wow, fantastic pictures and the pizzas look delicious. I can't wait to try out the recipe. I'll probably top mine with mushrooms, pepperoni and more cheese!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vickie View Post
Wow, those pizzas look great!

I don't really cook low carb but I do try to cook with few "white" foods so we avoid white pasta, white rice, stuff like that. I like the newer whole grain pastas. They're pretty darn good. And I have a friend who's gluten intolerant so I'm cooking more with rice pasta, and this ain't your mama's rice pasta -- it's way tastier, unless you overcook it, in which case you're screwed!

*snipped*
Thanks Ladies!

Vickie, is the rice pasta higher in carbs than the whole grain pasta?
Old 03-13-2011, 05:52 PM   #114
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

Misty, I know you've asked Vickie, but since I have a mild gluten intolerance and am used to cooking with rice pasta, I thought I'd answer.

Rice noodles are about 22g per dry oz. Whole wheat pasta is about 37g per dry oz, Quinoa pasta is about 27g per dry oz.

Rice noodles come in different varieties like wheat pasta, but generally cook faster and if you over cook them they turn to mush. It happens quickly so you have to really watch the pot. I am particular to mai fun noodles, which you can get at whole foods or trader joes. You don't have to cook them long. Three minutes in hot water (turned off) and then you can stir fry them in a pan with veggies and meat.

When making soup, add the noodles last. If you have leftovers the noodles will just be really mushy the next day, so if I want noodles in my soup. I cook them separately and add them before I eat it.

When making spagetti, quinoa pasta is better since the consistency and texture is closer to wheat pasta than brown rice pasta (which is also totally different from asian rice noodles), which depending on the brand either turns out dry and undercooked even if you cook it for 15 minutes or becomes mush. I still haven't figured out how to get brown rice pasta to come out right, so I just don't eat it. Quinoa pasta is also good for making dishes like mac and cheese since there are often different shapes to choose from.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:09 PM   #115
MisticalMisty

Thanks Olwen! I definitely need to check it out!
Old 03-13-2011, 07:33 PM   #116
olwen
Disco Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisticalMisty View Post
Thanks Olwen! I definitely need to check it out!
You're welcome.

Another rice product I just remembered is rice paper for cooking. It comes in thin dry sheets that you have to soak in water, then you can roll it up like an eggroll. It's kinda see thru, so you have to think of presentation when you cook it. so, I like to julienne whatever blanched veggies I put in it. You can also fill it with meat. I haven't tried to fry them yet, but I'm sure you could. And you can dip them in some kind of sauce.

If you get the really large rice skins, you can make like, a wrap sandwich out of them too. Also good.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:04 PM   #117
crayola box

crayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going on

Ooh yes the rice paper is great, I do summer rolls with carrot, cucumber, lettuce, avocado and some sort of protein. It has such a refreshing taste!

What brand of brown rice pasta are you having trouble with b/c I LOVE it. The one I use tastes exactly like regular white pasta.

Re: roasting- roasted cooled parsnips taste like candy
crayola box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 02:05 PM   #118
olwen
Disco Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayola box View Post
Ooh yes the rice paper is great, I do summer rolls with carrot, cucumber, lettuce, avocado and some sort of protein. It has such a refreshing taste!

What brand of brown rice pasta are you having trouble with b/c I LOVE it. The one I use tastes exactly like regular white pasta.

Re: roasting- roasted cooled parsnips taste like candy
I've tried different brands of brown rice pasta and none of it seems to have a texture I like. I just stick to quinoa pasta when I want something like spaghetti.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:35 PM   #119
crayola box

crayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going on

I like quinoa pasta ok, but it never seems to cook past al-dente...though I guess that's supposed to be a good thing.
crayola box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:27 PM   #120
MisticalMisty

Made mashed cauliflower and chicken with a mushroom/mustard sauce

You can find the picture here: http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/fo...postcount=2971

Mashed Cauliflower

1 16 oz bag frozen cauliflower or 1 large head core removed and cut into small pieces
2-3 cups of Chicken Broth-enough to cover the top of the cauliflower about 1 inch
salt and pepper
2-4 oz of cream cheese
1 tbsp butter

Combine first 3 ingredients into a pot. Bring to boil and cover. Cook until tender..around 15 minutes. When tender, drain and add to a food processor. Add butter and 2 ounces of cream cheese. Pulse until combined. Taste for seasonings and for consistency. If it's too tight, you can add more cream cheese or a little splash of cream or milk.

Mushroom and mustard sauce

1lb sliced mushrooms
1/2 small yellow onion finely diced
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsps Chicken Broth
2-3 tbsp stone ground mustard *dijion or spicy brown would probably work*
1 cup heavy cream
salt and pepper

After cooking your protein, remove from pain and add butter. Sautee mushrooms and onions until softened and browned. Remove from pan and deglaze with chicken broth *you could probably use wine..I hate the taste of it so I don't cook with it* Add mustard and whisk until combined. Stir in heavy cream and bring to a small simmer. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add mushroom and onion mixture. Add in your protein and coat both sides.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:55 PM   #121
MisticalMisty

I picked up 5 new cookbooks at Half Priced Books today. one is a slow cooker cook book and I've literally flagged 15 or 20 recipes..really excited about that one.

Two other books are recipes that are 10 carbs or less. I'll definitely be trying them and posting them!

Yay for a boost to get started again!
Old 03-15-2011, 06:58 PM   #122
Cynthia

Cynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging in

I don't know whether to put this in "What Are You Eating" or this thread. Tonight was a winning experiment ... Italian-cut green beans sauteed with toasted sesame oil and minced garlic, tossed at the last minute with arugula, and topped with toasted pecans, almonds, and a smattering of blue cheese crumbles.

It was lovely, quick, AND delicious!
Cynthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:45 PM   #123
MisticalMisty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthia View Post
I don't know whether to put this in "What Are You Eating" or this thread. Tonight was a winning experiment ... Italian-cut green beans sauteed with toasted sesame oil and minced garlic, tossed at the last minute with arugula, and topped with toasted pecans, almonds, and a smattering of blue cheese crumbles.

that sounds amazing!
Old 03-15-2011, 07:52 PM   #124
olwen
Disco Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthia View Post

That does sound good. Were the almonds sliced and pecans broken up or were they both left whole?
Old 03-16-2011, 05:35 PM   #125
EMH1701

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Chorizo & Greens

Get a large frying pan. Use a bit of cooking oil, and add the greens and a pound of ground chorizo.

I added a spoonful of minced garlic, as well as some diced onions and a handful of dried hot peppers and some salt to taste.

Basically just fry it up until your meat is done. I also added a little beer for flavor, but you can always omit that if you want to or use some kind of broth instead.

This will be really spicy, depending on what kind of peppers you use and how many.

If you don't like collard greens, you could always substitute spinach or some other leafy green.
EMH1701 is offline   Reply With Quote