Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 04-08-2011, 03:39 PM   #176
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinCanDo66 View Post
I've been using this site, too. I also just joined www.sparkrecipes.com. There's a recipe calculator on it. You input your ingredients and the servings and it gives you all the nutritional info. I put in a new recipe I had for a coconut pie and it gave me all the stats. I can't tell if it's really that cool or if I'm just a dork...lol
Thank you for the link! I think it's awesome. I sometimes wonder what the carb count really is of recipes that claim to be low carb....now I can enter them and find out!
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 04:59 PM   #177
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisticalMisty View Post
found a new ice cream today called Artic Zero. We picked up the chocolate/peanut butter one and for a 1/2 cup its only 4 net carbs. If you are a chocolate lover..you will probably love it. I am not a huge chocolate fan and was hoping to taste more peanut butter, but sadly..that was not to be.

Here is the website if you want to check out their info!

http://www.myarcticzero.com/

BTW...I found it at Sprouts...not sure if it would be at Whole Foods or not!
We were in Whole Foods the other night so I picked up the strawberry banana. It is really, really good and 10 carbs for 1/2 cup. I find that I just need a few bites of it to satisfy my need for something sweet. I highly endorse the strawberry/banana flavor.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:00 PM   #178
LinCanDo66

LinCanDo66 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesLinCanDo66 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesLinCanDo66 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Thank you for the link! I think it's awesome. I sometimes wonder what the carb count really is of recipes that claim to be low carb....now I can enter them and find out!
So I guess that means it is cool
LinCanDo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 07:50 AM   #179
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinCanDo66 View Post
I've been using this site, too. I also just joined www.sparkrecipes.com. There's a recipe calculator on it. You input your ingredients and the servings and it gives you all the nutritional info. I put in a new recipe I had for a coconut pie and it gave me all the stats. I can't tell if it's really that cool or if I'm just a dork...lol
I actually didn't find it helpful. I had a recipe in mind involving red bell peppers, which wasn't on the list of foods. Yellow bell peppers was on the list, but not red. I wondered how many carbs would be in a kaiser roll, which also wasn't on the list, neither was farmer's cheese. The list of foods seemed to be mostly prepacked foods of brands I've never heard of and items I'd never eat.
olwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 08:24 AM   #180
MisticalMisty

Quote:
Originally Posted by olwen View Post
I actually didn't find it helpful. I had a recipe in mind involving red bell peppers, which wasn't on the list of foods. Yellow bell peppers was on the list, but not red. I wondered how many carbs would be in a kaiser roll, which also wasn't on the list, neither was farmer's cheese. The list of foods seemed to be mostly prepacked foods of brands I've never heard of and items I'd never eat.
you can also use www.calorieking.com to find carb counts in foods.

I don't think that there is much difference between a red and yellow pepper..but can't be sure.

I've never heard of farmer's cheese...maybe that's why it wasn't listed?
Old 04-09-2011, 08:32 AM   #181
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
you can also use www.calorieking.com to find carb counts in foods.

I don't think that there is much difference between a red and yellow pepper..but can't be sure.

I've never heard of farmer's cheese...maybe that's why it wasn't listed?
It's a soft white cheese that is somewhere inbetween cottage cheese and feta. Almost like cheese curds. Since it is mild in flavor it pairs with lots of food. Maybe it has a different name in different cultures. There is a mexican type cheese equivalent, but I can't think of the name of it right now.

I mostly use carbs-information.com to find carbs counts in foods. The idea of having one widget calculate the total carbs for you is nice.
Old 04-09-2011, 09:27 AM   #182
LinCanDo66

LinCanDo66 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesLinCanDo66 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesLinCanDo66 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
I mostly use carbs-information.com to find carbs counts in foods. The idea of having one widget calculate the total carbs for you is nice.
Thanks, Olwen! Looks like a great site.
LinCanDo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 09:29 AM   #183
crayola box

crayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
I guess it depends how you phrase the search, I had no trouble finding red bell pepper, or farm cheese, give it another shot!
crayola box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 10:25 AM   #184
MLadyJ

MLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot pics
Default Artic Zero

After reading about the Artic Zero here I went to their website and had to try some. So I bought the Vanilla/Maple (it tastes like a rich vanilla ice cream to me..with a much firmer texture) I think it would go great with fresh strawberries or blackberries. The choclate didn't have a very strong chocolate taste but will do in a pich. I also bought the Mint cookie and the Coffee flavors but haven't tasted them yet. It's a good thing that I live an hour away from Whole Foods..because @$4.69 a pint I could freacture our budget..LOL
Old 04-09-2011, 11:12 AM   #185
MisticalMisty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLadyJ View Post
After reading about the Artic Zero here I went to their website and had to try some. So I bought the Vanilla/Maple (it tastes like a rich vanilla ice cream to me..with a much firmer texture) I think it would go great with fresh strawberries or blackberries. The choclate didn't have a very strong chocolate taste but will do in a pich. I also bought the Mint cookie and the Coffee flavors but haven't tasted them yet. It's a good thing that I live an hour away from Whole Foods..because @$4.69 a pint I could freacture our budget..LOL
Oh good! I'll have to try the vanilla/maple next time!

Did you get the chocolate peanut butter? Because it was really strong to me....but I don't like chocolate and that may be why!
Old 04-09-2011, 11:15 AM   #186
olwen
Disco Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayola box View Post
I guess it depends how you phrase the search, I had no trouble finding red bell pepper, or farm cheese, give it another shot!
What?! How did you find it? I typed "red bell pepper," and "red pepper." I did not however think to search "farm cheese."
Old 04-09-2011, 11:54 AM   #187
MisticalMisty

I posted a low carb breaded chicken wing recipe in the Iron Foodee Challenge this month.

They are really good!

http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/fo...11&postcount=4
Old 04-09-2011, 12:18 PM   #188
MisticalMisty

I FINALLY found a low carb tortilla that tastes good to me.

For a while, I was using the Mission Carb Balance, but they have a chemical taste to them and I just don't care for them.

I bought some Tumaro's Gourmet Multi-Grain Tortillas the other day and used them for egg, cheese and chorizo breakfast quesadillas this morning and I'm currently making mini pizzas with some more.

They are full of fiber and taste really good. They are thin which I like and I can't wait to try them for burritos and for enchiladas.

Each tortilla has only 4 net carbs. I believe the multi-grain has 15 carbs and 11 grams of fiber.

The other flavors vary. I will definitely be trying the green onion and the salsa ones next.

Yay!

http://www.tumaros.com/productlist.a...Carb+Tortillas
Old 04-09-2011, 01:37 PM   #189
crayola box

crayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
What?! How did you find it? I typed "red bell pepper," and "red pepper." I did not however think to search "farm cheese."
I searched "bell peppers", "farmer cheese", and "kaiser" if that helps. Often you have to scroll way down to get past the packaged brand names. Spark people also lets you search stuff that's not on the list, and 9 times out of 10 someone else has uploaded the stats and it lets you use theirs.

Screen grab, hope it helps:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg farm cheese.JPG (46.5 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg sandwich.JPG (59.3 KB, 72 views)
crayola box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 03:13 PM   #190
olwen
Disco Bear

Hard rolls? I didn't even see that. Who calls them hard rolls? I didn't see any of those. Oh my, I'll have to read the lists more carefully then. Thanks
Old 04-09-2011, 03:25 PM   #191
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Hard rolls? I didn't even see that. Who calls them hard rolls? I didn't see any of those. Oh my, I'll have to read the lists more carefully then. Thanks
I'm surprised you've never heard of that in NYC cos I'm from Bayonne and that's what we call them. Just the crust is kinda hard--flakyish LOL...they're soft inside.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 05:08 PM   #192
olwen
Disco Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastingPearls View Post
I'm surprised you've never heard of that in NYC cos I'm from Bayonne and that's what we call them. Just the crust is kinda hard--flakyish LOL...they're soft inside.
I've never once in my life heard Kaiser rolls referred to as hard rolls. I've heard of Portuguese rolls, sesame seed buns, sourdough rolls....this is really making me want a sandwich. LOL
Old 04-09-2011, 05:20 PM   #193
D_A_Bunny
www.peaceoneday.org

D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I've never once in my life heard Kaiser rolls referred to as hard rolls. I've heard of Portuguese rolls, sesame seed buns, sourdough rolls....this is really making me want a sandwich. LOL
Maybe it's a Jersey thing, cuz we live for the hard roll. I long for a hard roll down here in Florida. That is one of the few foodie things that I miss the most about Jersey. A buttered hardroll. And if someone should slap some Taylor ham, egg and cheese on it, all the better.

And yes, I do realize that part of my comments taken out of context may not seem to refer to food, but trust me, most things I say, are about food.
Old 04-09-2011, 05:21 PM   #194
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_A_Bunny View Post
Maybe it's a Jersey thing, cuz we live for the hard roll. I long for a hard roll down here in Florida. That is one of the few foodie things that I miss the most about Jersey. A buttered hardroll. And if someone should slap some Taylor ham, egg and cheese on it, all the better.

And yes, I do realize that part of my comments taken out of context may not seem to refer to food, but trust me, most things I say, are about food.
What's funny is that we have soft Kaiser rolls too, but they're called Kaiser rolls. Hard rolls are the same rolls only harder crusted but they LOOK the same. LMAO It's hard to explain.

Free me, free yourself
No longer hold me

Old 04-09-2011, 05:27 PM   #195
D_A_Bunny
www.peaceoneday.org

D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
What's funny is that we have soft Kaiser rolls too, but they're called Kaiser rolls. Hard rolls are the same rolls only harder crusted but they LOOK the same. LMAO It's hard to explain.
Hard to explain, easy to eat.
Old 04-09-2011, 05:28 PM   #196
olwen
Disco Bear

Ya'll know New Jersey is like a different planet from the city. It is the land of Diners, big hair, and hard rolls apparently. LOL
Old 04-09-2011, 05:29 PM   #197
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

Hard roll (with poppyseed option) and fried Taylor ham (or pork roll depending on what part of Jersey you're from) egg and cheese on a long roll but often on a hard roll.

EDT: Sorry to go off-topic. These are NOT low carb.

Free me, free yourself
No longer hold me

Last edited by CastingPearls; 01-06-2013 at 09:35 PM.
Old 04-09-2011, 05:32 PM   #198
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

Quote:
Ya'll know New Jersey is like a different planet from the city. It is the land of Diners, big hair, and hard rolls apparently. LOL
I dunno. Bayonne was less than five miles away and I partied hearty in NYC and there were diners and big hair and it all couldn't have been just us 'bridge bunnies'. LMAO

Hard rolls, mebbe not. LOL

Free me, free yourself
No longer hold me

Old 04-09-2011, 06:55 PM   #199
olwen
Disco Bear

This is totally making me laugh. The bottom one just looks like a portuguese roll. The top one is def a kaiser roll. I think it's funny there are different names for the same thing. And to keep it on topic. Half a roll should be about 15-20 carbs, and chances are it's being eaten with protein and veggies so that would be a low carb option. And for a full meal, vegetable soup (without any corn, potatoes, rice, pasta, or peas) in a clear broth and half a sandwich would be a good low carb meal option.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:00 PM   #200
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'm betting the Taylor ham is low carb.....

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is online now   Reply With Quote