Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 08-20-2009, 09:02 AM   #1
Weeze
Justin Bieber of Dims

Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Are we doing it wrong?

Ok. Let me preface this that I don't actually hang out with people that do the things in this article. http://lifestyle.msn.com/relationshi...entid=21146417

BUT... It got me thinking about other things that we DO do that we think are sexy that just... might not be. I mean, I do get my nails done. Refill every 2-3 weeks, or I just don't feel put together. I realize it might put people off, but, it's what (and I know it's kinda sad) makes me feel a little more confident in my appearance.

Do you do anything like that? Anything that's probably not necessary, but you feel a need for it anyway.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:32 AM   #2
steely

steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

You know, I hate it when someone tells me what I have to be. I have to be this to be sexy, I have to do this to not be a slut, I have to BE.... I'm not going to accept that, I AM. I quit reading fashion magazines because they make me feel so inadequate. I'm not going to make them rich for making me feel bad.

If getting your nails done makes you feel great and you like the way that feels, then do it. Do what you like to do for you. In any and all things, just because you like it.
steely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:05 AM   #3
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

As far as I'm concerned, this guy's right on target, except for # 5: if a woman isn't wearing knickers, I assume she has diarrhea, and I avoid getting between her and the privy. Sexy is like smart: if you have to try for it, it's counterproductive. I once went out (or, if you prefer, in) with a woman who thought it would be sexy to stick her finger up my anus when we were in flagrante delicto. Eew.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:27 AM   #4
rollhandler

rollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by steely View Post
You know, I hate it when someone tells me what I have to be. I have to be this to be sexy, I have to do this to not be a slut, I have to BE.... I'm not going to accept that, I AM. I quit reading fashion magazines because they make me feel so inadequate. I'm not going to make them rich for making me feel bad.

If getting your nails done makes you feel great and you like the way that feels, then do it. Do what you like to do for you. In any and all things, just because you like it.
I always like to read those lists with my partner and discuss the points that we either agree with or don't agree with and why. They can be an opening for insightful conversation. They make such sweeping generalizations about what men and women are like or want but they can be a good barometer for what society expectations are today. You can learn a lot about your partner male or female by discussing the content of such lists with them or simply have a good laugh.
Rollhandler
rollhandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:39 AM   #5
ashmamma84
Om Namah Shivayah

ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I love fashion magazines; I think they serve a purpose. I like looking at and drooling over beautiful clothing. But I also know I can't take everything so seriously. I don't believe everything I read. Just because Tammy Faye lashes are in, doesn't mean I have to rock them. It's about doing what makes me feel and look best. I know myself best.

I love dressing well and looking good, but I'm not so caught up in what's trendy that I don't look like myself. Everything isn't for everybody, so just do you!
Old 08-20-2009, 11:00 AM   #6
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

So, Dr. Feelgood, and Rollhandler, as bbw...what are things you two do, as women, that you do for yourself...and no one else?
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:34 AM   #7
BubbleButtBabe
No one cares anyway

BubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging in

The only thing I agree with on that list is the comment about going commando...Never do that not unless you are completely out of panties!!!

I personally think that "you" should do what makes "you" feel sexy and not what some random guy in a magazine says is sexy..He and his friends opinions really do not matter in other people's lives because they do not live other people's lives..You could probably do a poll of 1,000 men and never get 100 men that like the same thing..So just be true to yourself and do what you like!

Only two miracles are worth seeing:
The miracle of loving
And
The miracle of forgiving-Sri Chinmoy
BubbleButtBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:53 PM   #8
butch
cuddly, hairy, and fat

butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.

C'mon, guys, I say this in all kindness, but look at the forum and the thread title before your post, for the love of Pete (I don't think I've ever said that last part before, hmmm). The thread, in the BBW Forum is asking if WE are doing it wrong. Unless you feel you're a woman, please please please please think twice before you post. If you like the topic so much, you're free to copy the link and make your own thread in the FA/FFA Forum or the Main Board.

Thanks,
Mod Butch
Old 08-20-2009, 07:18 PM   #9
toni
In the know

toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I agree with the no panties point. That is just nasty. Who wants that marinating on the office chair all day? YUCK!
toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 04:14 AM   #10
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

I can totally see why guys want to post here as opposed to the Fa forum ..when it is full of gems such as -You know you are an fa when....?
"when people are talking bad about fat women and you end up getting aroused"
I have totally boycotted the Fa forum, my blood pressure can't handle it! -My face actually does go that colour. Its interesting how 'protected' forums work in different ways isn't it?
Old 08-21-2009, 07:04 PM   #11
Tania
Disneyland Bobsled Team

Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I think the author is right about there being a line between "making an effort" and "trying too hard." I think that if something makes you feel confident and put-together, it's never a bad thing. So long as you are somehow cultivating the real you, go for it.

~ The Cure

"She will never submit to any thing requiring industry and patience, and a subjection of the fancy to the understanding."
~ Mr. Knightley on Emma, Jane Austen's Emma
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 07:21 PM   #12
Cors
Delurking

Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!

Haha, I do all of the above things - commando only at home though. I don't know if they turn people on or off, but they do make me appear more high-maintainence and aloof than I actually am. And well, I suppose it is true that horny men (and women) just want us naked anyway.

Krismiss, I have kept semi-long painted nails ever since I split with my ex and I love them! My lesbian friends like making fun of them though. They talk about how my claws make their girly bits cringe, and how women who keep long nails are must either be passive in bed or straight. I sometimes feel that they kill my chances of hooking up but oh well.
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 08:23 PM   #13
ESPN Cutie
Missing the South.

ESPN Cutie can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesESPN Cutie can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

In regards to the nails, I also always like to have my nails (gel, french manicure tips) done every two weeks. Likewise, I don't like leaving the house without my hair looking decent and atleast some powder, mascara, eyeliner and lip gloss on. I just don't feel complete without all of it and it makes me feel crappy if I walk around looking crappy. For me its not about "trying to be something I'm not" and pleasing others - I've been doing the nails and makeup-everyday thing since high school - instead, its about me feeling good about myself. And yes, those small things make me feel good and are important to me. I don't care if other people are turned off (or on) by it, because that's just me.

Fashion wise, I am not really into "trends." I have a personal style that I have been wearing for years (a kind of "Southern Prep", casual, yet really girly look); it fits my personality and I don't really stray from it. It's taken me years to define my look and I like when friends say things like, "Jen, that's so you."

Last edited by ESPN Cutie; 08-21-2009 at 08:29 PM.
ESPN Cutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 08:39 PM   #14
Keb
Princess

Keb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Keb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Keb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Keb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Keb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Keb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Keb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Keb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Keb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Keb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Keb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I don't wear a whole lot of makeup (though I've been experimenting a bit) but I'm not happy if I'm not freshly showered when I walk out the door, with my hair neatly brushed and pulled back somehow.

Haven't tried commando since I was five, however. You get in trouble for such things when you wear skirts all the time.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:52 PM   #15
katherine22

katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
As far as I'm concerned, this guy's right on target, except for # 5: if a woman isn't wearing knickers, I assume she has diarrhea, and I avoid getting between her and the privy. Sexy is like smart: if you have to try for it, it's counterproductive. I once went out (or, if you prefer, in) with a woman who thought it would be sexy to stick her finger up my anus when we were in flagrante delicto. Eew.

Did this response really address the original question? Do you think that this forum exists possibly to avoid a response like this???? Personally, I do not care about your anal retention or what you think passes for conversation.

Queen Elizabeth I residing within.

If I continue to eat I will grow as big as a room.
"What are rooms for?":bow:
katherine22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 09:13 PM   #16
Tracii

Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

If I'm headed to work I like to be very "put together" semi classy and professionally dressed.If I have a sales call or meeting I go all out classy just feels great to dress that way.
What really toasts me is if I'm casual say jeans and cute top I hear people say "women THAT FAT shouldn't wear tight jeans".
I love to show my big fat ass its none of there business....Damnit
I tell them that too I'm not shy about it.They can FO for all I care.
Tracii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 01:37 AM   #17
Teleute
Heh heh. "Member".

Teleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging in

I am amused that most of the items on there were turn-offs not because they made the woman seem desperate, but because they indicated the woman was sexually aggressive. Act more demure, girls, it's less threatening to their ego!

Fuck that noise. I LIKE fishnets, glitter, and lipstick... and to be honest, I like them more because it makes me feel glamorous (in kind of an awesome drag queen way) than because it makes me feel sexy. Also, why does the guy assume that a woman's going commando in an attempt to impress him? Jeez... I'm commando all the way (except for skirts), but it's for comfort purposes... nobody else even KNOWS about it (well, except you guys now ) This list makes an awfully big assumption about the reasons women do these things.
Teleute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 02:15 AM   #18
katorade

katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

a) that is the dumbest article I've seen in a while.

b) "Jake" is a woman. I would bet my favorite eyeshadow on it.

c) It's rare I've met a man that didn't like fishnets.

d) I've NEVER met a man that like oversized sunglasses, as was suggested in the precursor to the list.

e) Who the hell actually blows into ears?

f) If you think I'm trying too hard, it's probably not you I'm trying to impress, honey. Get over yourself.

g) If you think other dudes were mere "snaps" away from my vagina because I'm not wearing any underwear, then you probably don't give me enough credit and most likely have problems worse than me failing at being sexy.

Crock. of. shit.
katorade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 03:35 AM   #19
rainyday
Departed

rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I think the doing it wrong part is in putting much stock in lists likely compiled by a junior writer who surveyed a small, homogenous handful of his/her 20-something friends at last weekend's party. (I'd also guess that "Jake" isn't a person but a rotating assignment someone fairly fresh out of school gets the brief for once a month.)

Not saying I don't still look though, just in case it really does happen to be secret information straight from the ganglia of average man. Like Rollhandler, I've had fun reading this kind of stuff with a partner and having it turn into a discussion.

ETA: Katorade, your post reminded me of the snaps thing. Who has snaps on their pants anyway other than toddlers in pants designed to make diapering easier?

Last edited by rainyday; 08-23-2009 at 03:49 AM.
rainyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 04:36 AM   #20
katorade

katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Somewhere in the early '90s I actually owned and wore a bodysuit that had snaps in the crotch. Don't look at me like that, bodysuits were bitchin', as were baby doll dresses, birkenstocks, scrunchies, doc martens, and blossom hats. Ah, the good ol' days.

It is really embarassing when you go to sit down and your bodysuit snaps give out, sending your shirttails flying north out of your jeans and towards your face in front of a table of friends and classmates, eliciting a loud pop that makes you scream and makes the least mentally stable member of your study group pee herself because she thinks you've been shot. Something you were not aware of until a drunken late night convo 5 years later.

I'll add #7 and #8 to that article. Peeing yourself and spontaneously exploding through clothing like a she-Hulk are not sexy.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:06 AM   #21
Tooz
sweet chocolate christ

Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katorade View Post
Somewhere in the early '90s I actually owned and wore a bodysuit that had snaps in the crotch. Don't look at me like that, bodysuits were bitchin', as were baby doll dresses, birkenstocks, scrunchies, doc martens, and blossom hats. Ah, the good ol' days.

It is really embarassing when you go to sit down and your bodysuit snaps give out, sending your shirttails flying north out of your jeans and towards your face in front of a table of friends and classmates, eliciting a loud pop that makes you scream and makes the least mentally stable member of your study group pee herself because she thinks you've been shot. Something you were not aware of until a drunken late night convo 5 years later.

I'll add #7 and #8 to that article. Peeing yourself and spontaneously exploding through clothing like a she-Hulk are not sexy.
Those snap-crotch things were terrible! I could never get them fastened due to my longer torso and shorter arms. HOW did you get them fastened?
Old 08-23-2009, 07:10 AM   #22
katorade

Shorter torso, longer arms, sheer will, and youthful vigor.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:13 AM   #23
BBW Goddess Anna

BBW Goddess Anna has said some nice things

And here I lways thought that asking the guy what he finds sexy was the right thing to do. Silly me, I should just pick up a magazine an dlet it tell me!
Old 08-23-2009, 10:17 AM   #24
katherine22

katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katorade View Post

This is the funniest thing I have read on Dims so far.

Queen Elizabeth I residing within.

If I continue to eat I will grow as big as a room.
"What are rooms for?":bow:
katherine22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 12:03 PM   #25
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!

It's impossible for one person to sum up what is or is not sexy because everyone has differing opinions. End of story.

That said, there are things I do that my boyfriend doesn't really care about (and in some cases I suspect he'd prefer if I didn't) but I am my own person, and most of the things I do make me feel better, regardless of whether it's particularly important to him or not.

For example, yesterday I was complaining about needing to get my eyebrows waxed and he was like, honestly, I can't tell the difference.. I never notice your eyebrows. I plucked them anyway, while he was taking a shower, but he was just like oh, cool. Maybe keeping my eyebrows in tip top plucked condition isn't important to him but, it is to me. The key here is this though, I don't do it for him. I do it for myself because as vain and unimportant as it may be, I hate having unruly brows. I think it makes me look more attractive, and even though he doesn't care one way or the other I still feel more attractive when they're plucked.

Same goes for me and fake nails.. I've had them on and off for a few years now, and since my boyfriend has known me, I have had them. I get them filled every 2 weeks religiously. I don't think my boyfriend even likes them, but I do. I don't do it to appear sexy for him, I do it because it makes me feel sexy. When I feel like I look attractive, I just feel more sexy.

Last edited by thatgirl08; 08-23-2009 at 12:07 PM.
thatgirl08 is offline   Reply With Quote