Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 01-23-2010, 07:18 PM   #26
littlefairywren
Chi Chi

littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steely View Post
I was always deeply ashamed to be a SSBBW, I felt that no one ever would see me. As someone who has always been overweight, since childhood, I was always horrified when I grew bigger and bigger and never grew smaller. I was afraid to be the biggest person in the room. Afraid of the stares and the whispers, I had fought them all my life. When you are as big as I am, you are always seen but people have a way of looking right through you.

As most people here know, my health tanked a year ago and I lost my SSBBW status and now I don't know how to describe myself. I am not even 300 pounds now. Strangely enough, I have been to the mountain. I was super big and now that I am not so much anymore, I find that it still doesn't matter. It's just a label, just a label. Let me say that again, just a label. It only matters how I see myself. The warm, loving, giving, beautiful person I am and I always was at 440 pounds or 280 pounds and every pound in between. I am still me, good and bad, and otherwise.

I am not bait, by saying I was a SSBBW, it was a description of my physical self. I never thought I would ever catch a man that way and I don't think I'd want to.

I am a BBW and a SSBBW because I have lived both of these realities. I am a woman first and foremost, I think that being a woman is, by far, more important than anything else. I devalued myself as a fat woman and that was the most shameful of all. I can let the labels go and just be, I can be a woman because all along, that was the most important part of who I am and will always be.
Fantastic post steely, but it won't let me rep you. Will someone please take care of that for me
Old 01-23-2010, 07:35 PM   #27
Weeze
Justin Bieber of Dims

Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Can I just say that I hate the terms BBW and SSBBW as a whole? Seriously. Few things drive me more crazy more than the acronyms. I feel like they take away the whole part about being a WOMAN... like... A PERSON. BBW and SSBBW make us just sound like... things.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:45 AM   #28
steely

steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlefairywren View Post
Fantastic post steely, but it won't let me rep you. Will someone please take care of that for me
Thank you, little fairy. It is just the way I feel.
steely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:06 PM   #29
StarWitness
part square, part drape

StarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Move along, nothing to see here...

I've always been a guy with a sweet tooth, and that girl's just like a king-size candy bar...
--Sleater-Kinney
StarWitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:27 AM   #30
bigjayne66
Belly Queen

bigjayne66 does more than just post hot picsbigjayne66 does more than just post hot picsbigjayne66 does more than just post hot picsbigjayne66 does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by msbard90 View Post
IMO, the term ss in front of bbw was kind of a thing for FA's to categorize the chubby girls from the fat girls from the BIG girls.... and to attract FA's. Who doesn't like things super-sized? Like many of the others have said here, there isn't a definite threshold of where bbw hits ssbbw- it is rather a preference of what you desire to call yourself. Personally, whether I'm 260 lbs or 560 lbs, I will always consider myself a bbw... no sense for me to throw in the super sized....
At well over 400lbs I am most definitely an SSBBW,but offline i don't use the expression BBW sounds good and feels good...
bigjayne66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:15 PM   #31
StarWitness
part square, part drape

StarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismiss View Post
Can I just say that I hate the terms BBW and SSBBW as a whole? Seriously. Few things drive me more crazy more than the acronyms. I feel like they take away the whole part about being a WOMAN... like... A PERSON. BBW and SSBBW make us just sound like... things.
I agree with you, I've grown tired of those terms. I also don't like the automatic inclusion of "beautiful;" it feels patronizing. (And hey, maybe someone is a big ugly woman and proud of that fact. What do we call her?) Still, I like the idea of a term that signifies that someone is fat, but in a positive kind of way. I like "person of size," but I realize that comes across as waaaay too PC for a lot of folks.

I've always been a guy with a sweet tooth, and that girl's just like a king-size candy bar...
--Sleater-Kinney
StarWitness is offline   Reply With Quote