Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 08-23-2009, 07:10 PM   #1
rainyday
Departed

rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default The BBW Call-In Show: FAs ask your questions

Is there a question you've always wanted to ask a BBW or SSBBW but for whatever reason have never gotten around to it?

Show rules

1. Post your question.

2. Unless asked to clarify, please don't respond to the answer, just listen. Pretend you're calling a radio host and will take your answer "off the air."

3. If you're a BBW or SSBBW (only), feel free to answer.

I don't know if it's kosher for me to post an FA version of this thread over on the FA board. If an FA wants to do it, feel free.

Also, if anyone has a question they're embarrassed to ask publicly, you can PM me and I'll post it for you anonymously as long as it's not offensive or derogatory.

Last edited by rainyday; 08-23-2009 at 07:15 PM.
rainyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 08:43 PM   #2
StarWitness
part square, part drape

StarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Oooh, wonderful thread idea! I'll start a FA version in the appropriate forum, since I'm a half-breed.

I've always been a guy with a sweet tooth, and that girl's just like a king-size candy bar...
--Sleater-Kinney
StarWitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 09:17 PM   #3
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

This actually is a good idea.

I just want to reiterate that non-bbws should ask questions, but that responses to questions from non-bbws will be removed.

That said, carry on.

/mod
olwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 09:21 PM   #4
rainyday
Departed

rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarWitness View Post
Oooh, wonderful thread idea! I'll start a FA version in the appropriate forum, since I'm a half-breed.
Thanks, Star. And thanks for including a link.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:18 AM   #5
rainyday
Departed

Yay! We have a starter question, this one sent in anonymously. Thanks questioner for breaking the ice.

Quote:
The other night, I went out to a social event and it was a typical August night: humid, hot, steamy. By the time I got to the event, I was sweaty. The event had hard plastic chairs to sit on. Sitting in the chair, I could feel my whole back side was damp. So, I knew I was making wet marks on the chair.

Do other BBWs get this, and how do you prevent it? It is so embarrassing to get up from the chair and see the damp lines that outline the crack of your ass and the contours of your ass on the chair, and wonder if everyone else thinks you've peed your pants. Also, who wants to be the 'fat sweaty girl' anyway?

I hope I'm not the only one with this problem. Other than wearing a diaper during the summer, how else does one keep from sweating in their nether regions when it is hot?
Old 08-24-2009, 12:03 PM   #6
OneHauteMama

OneHauteMama has super-sized repOneHauteMama has super-sized repOneHauteMama has super-sized repOneHauteMama has super-sized rep

The only thing I can think of is what I do in the summer for my apron...good 'ol run-of-the-mill deodorant/anti-perspirant under the rolls (even in the nether regions). It helps a LOT.
OneHauteMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 12:34 PM   #7
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I get this on the subway sometimes. My quick solution is slide forward a bit of the way on the seat before getting up. Seems the fabric on the seat of my pants/skirt takes up most of the moisture and what it doesn't catch usually evaporates quickly. Also it helps seeing that everybody else on the subway leaves their mark as well regardless of size though we all know people tend to give the noodle eye to the sweaty fat girl anyway.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 01:44 PM   #8
shinyapple
crunchy in milk

shinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticed

When I moved to SoCal, some friends gave me the advice to powder myself. After my morning shower, I would use Gold Bond Ultimate Comfort powder, which was supposed to be designed to prevent chafing and odor. I'd hit the places my skin touched (rolls, under the breasts, seams of the leg, the apron, etc.) and would usually feel better than expected by the time the serious heat rolled in that afternoon.

I loved this stuff since it didn't have the yucky medicinal smell of regular Gold Bond nor the powdery smell of some body powders. It seemed to be designed for this purpose, actually, and I still keep a bottle just in case.
shinyapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 05:42 PM   #9
mszwebs
For The WIN.

mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
The other night, I went out to a social event and it was a typical August night: humid, hot, steamy. By the time I got to the event, I was sweaty. The event had hard plastic chairs to sit on. Sitting in the chair, I could feel my whole back side was damp. So, I knew I was making wet marks on the chair.

Do other BBWs get this, and how do you prevent it? It is so embarrassing to get up from the chair and see the damp lines that outline the crack of your ass and the contours of your ass on the chair, and wonder if everyone else thinks you've peed your pants. Also, who wants to be the 'fat sweaty girl' anyway?

I hope I'm not the only one with this problem. Other than wearing a diaper during the summer, how else does one keep from sweating in their nether regions when it is hot?
This happens to me ALL THE TIME. Lilly's trick of scooching forward to try and wipe it at with the material in your pants works well.

The problem I run into is when I sit on cement. Sometimes I'll sit out on the back steps at work for like... an hour at a crack (though this happens in MUCH shorter spans of time) and if I'm wearing polyester pants or even jeans on occasion, I leave the spot. You can not wipe up cement lol.

However...I find that if I'm getting ready to get up soon, I'll schooch forward and switch positions so that I change the air flow (acrobatics, I tell ya!) and hopefully it starts to dry on its own. And I don't care how unladylike it is...My thighs don't sit nice and pretty and together, I'm not exactly sitting with my legs totally closed anyway, so I'm all about the air flow lol.

I have also been known to put my foot on the step and cover it up until it evaporates, looking all casual while on the inside I'm like "I hope to GOD no one is looking."

The only time it REALLY sucks is when everyone is on break and someone wants to sit there as I'm getting up. At that point, all I can do is pray lol.
BellaZwebs- EXTRA HOT :batting:;):batting:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdog
...what I really mean to say is life is heart wrenchingly beautiful, unresolved, and right now...
Quote:
"That's who they're saving the country from. Me. Fat Me. I'm a terrorist and how I terrorize is by sitting next to you on a plane and throwing my flab to your knee, or some such shit"~ Kevin Smith
mszwebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 07:29 PM   #10
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyBBBW View Post
I get this on the subway sometimes. My quick solution is slide forward a bit of the way on the seat before getting up. Seems the fabric on the seat of my pants/skirt takes up most of the moisture and what it doesn't catch usually evaporates quickly. Also it helps seeing that everybody else on the subway leaves their mark as well regardless of size though we all know people tend to give the noodle eye to the sweaty fat girl anyway.
Ding ding ding! I do the same exact same thing on the subway. I always do a seat check when I get up too.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:28 PM   #11
msbard90

msbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging in

As a precaution, I like to put on powder before I go out, especially on my behind. It helps absorb some of the sweat.
msbard90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:55 AM   #12
Emma
On Timeout

Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!

lol I don't know if this is the idea of the tread? lol Isn't it supposed to be about FA asking questoin? Not a bbw asking a question and us replying to that? lol
Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 12:09 PM   #13
msbard90

msbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurvyEm View Post
lol I don't know if this is the idea of the tread? lol Isn't it supposed to be about FA asking questoin? Not a bbw asking a question and us replying to that? lol
well the OP brought up the question, so I guess it's fair game
Old 08-25-2009, 03:09 PM   #14
Spanky
Freakishly Normal

Spanky keeps pushing the rep limit!Spanky keeps pushing the rep limit!Spanky keeps pushing the rep limit!Spanky keeps pushing the rep limit!Spanky keeps pushing the rep limit!Spanky keeps pushing the rep limit!Spanky keeps pushing the rep limit!Spanky keeps pushing the rep limit!Spanky keeps pushing the rep limit!Spanky keeps pushing the rep limit!Spanky keeps pushing the rep limit!

I thought of this question today while noticing a nicely dressed BBW walking by.

Clothes. Everybody has different shaped bodies no matter what your size. BBWs have larger sizes and thus larger differences. If/when you find a rack of jeans or slacks or something more fitted, how do you deal with your "non rack" shape. Do different jean manufacturers style in a way that maybe matches your shape? Does the same size accommodate different shapes? Do you tailor stuff to fit? I mean even a plus sized shop would need to cater from the wides pear through hourglasses to the most appley apple.

Somehow, though, from the observing perspective, BBWs seem to find clothes that fit, and sometimes fit very nicely.

- Spanky

edited: Understand that my perspective is as a 33" waist, walk up and get the right style pants or jeans, try on, go up or down a size based on mfg differences and head to the register. Just looking to understand how a BBW has to approach this problem.

Last edited by Spanky; 08-25-2009 at 03:18 PM.
Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 03:26 PM   #15
StarWitness
part square, part drape

StarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
If/when you find a rack of jeans or slacks or something more fitted, how do you deal with your "non rack" shape. Do different jean manufacturers style in a way that maybe matches your shape? Does the same size accommodate different shapes? Do you tailor stuff to fit?
Oh Spanky. The issue you've brought up is the bane of my existence. (And I went clothes shopping yesterday, so my grievances are still fresh!)

Some manufacturers realize on occasion that women are built differently-- Lane Bryant redid their core jeans collection to reflect three different body shapes, and I'm glad for it, because the new ones fit me a hell of a lot better. However, I still have a lot of problems finding cute clothing, especially because a lot of the tops I try on are made for women with bigger breasts than mine-- so either they (a) don't fit right, or (b) are designed to minimize the appearance of one's bust, which is the exact opposite of what I want! The basic things seem to fit me best-- items that are simple and less structured. As a result, most of my wardrobe is somewhat plain; or, if I want to put a positive spin on it, classic and minimalist.

I guess my approach is to be adventurous with what I try on-- I take great big armloads into the fitting room-- and try my best to be patient with the designers.

I've always been a guy with a sweet tooth, and that girl's just like a king-size candy bar...
--Sleater-Kinney
StarWitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 03:39 PM   #16
rainyday
Departed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurvyEm View Post
I hadn't anticipated BBW-to-BBW questions until we got one, but now that we have, sure, why not? Let's go with it.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:44 PM   #17
MsGreenLantern
Keanu Drakula The Centaur

MsGreenLantern never has a post go unnoticedMsGreenLantern never has a post go unnoticedMsGreenLantern never has a post go unnoticedMsGreenLantern never has a post go unnoticedMsGreenLantern never has a post go unnoticedMsGreenLantern never has a post go unnoticedMsGreenLantern never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
I thought of this question today while noticing a nicely dressed BBW walking by. ....

Somehow, though, from the observing perspective, BBWs seem to find clothes that fit, and sometimes fit very nicely.
Well... I think at this point we can all go off in our own directions of "how to". Like you said, we're all quite different shaped, and more generously so than the skinny ladies generally. My personal horror is being barely 5'4 and fat. For some reason designers believe that fat women all love 'tunic' length shirts, and that we're 5'7 and above. This problem basically leaves me swimming in shirts. They look like dresses, and capri pants generally go well below my knee. Petites are too short. What's a girl to do? My belly on the other hand in a very obvious double, cut squarely at the waist. That means I have to scour the stores for shirts and pants that minimize the fact that my body is very much separated into two distinct chubby parts.

Everyone learns tricks to minimize what we dislike, and maximize the good. Also, there are a lot of websites that do custom work if you can pay for it. My formal-wear is basically always altered by a seamstress. There are some occasions I refuse to 'settle' for.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:56 PM   #18
olwen
Disco Bear

Quote:
I thought of this question today while noticing a nicely dressed BBW walking by.

Clothes. Everybody has different shaped bodies no matter what your size. BBWs have larger sizes and thus larger differences. If/when you find a rack of jeans or slacks or something more fitted, how do you deal with your "non rack" shape. Do different jean manufacturers style in a way that maybe matches your shape? Does the same size accommodate different shapes? Do you tailor stuff to fit? I mean even a plus sized shop would need to cater from the wides pear through hourglasses to the most appley apple.

- Spanky

edited: Understand that my perspective is as a 33" waist, walk up and get the right style pants or jeans, try on, go up or down a size based on mfg differences and head to the register. Just looking to understand how a BBW has to approach this problem.
Learn how to sew, or at the very least learn how to hem things and let things out.

Since I'm learning to do that I have less anxiety about shopping. I just have to try everything on and if something is too long, too tight, too loose I can make adjustments myself. Also as for jeans, there aren't too many choices for brands, (I know of two or three), so I just choose between what's available to me. The most important thing about jeans for me is that they are not too tight in the waist.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:28 PM   #19
zanza

zanza has said some nice things

This does seems really interesting as well as insightful, so I suppose I post a quandary for the "plus-size lovelies" of Dim's.

I guess consider myself an art dork without a real "muse". I have been finding myself wondering if I should allow my interest and preferences in terms of the female form become the thing that drives my work or not. I suppose I have been unsure what to do in terms of pursuing it. I feel like I have areas I need to work on as well as wanting to get back into life drawing again.

Any who I guess I will move on to my questions.

1.) How do you feel if/when asked to model for something?

2.) What might be a good approach when asking?

3.) I guess what are your general views to being the subject or reference to someone's creative endeavors?

(well these are the only one I could think of for the moment, is cool to add more later as they come to me or is this a one time deal?)

I really don't know, I am sorta lost here.

No seriously, who am I?
zanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 07:33 PM   #20
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:

- Spanky

This "little" apple....doesn't like jeans. At a smaller size, I like them with stretchy waist bands....read those are made for people bigger in the middle, IMO.
I wear a lot of skirts and dresses- with easy waists....that are big and don't cinch up at the waist as badly. This also hides some of my belly.

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:54 PM   #21
comaseason
Housewares

comaseason makes people happy simply by logging incomaseason makes people happy simply by logging incomaseason makes people happy simply by logging incomaseason makes people happy simply by logging incomaseason makes people happy simply by logging incomaseason makes people happy simply by logging incomaseason makes people happy simply by logging incomaseason makes people happy simply by logging incomaseason makes people happy simply by logging incomaseason makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:

snip...
Finding jeans/pants has always been the bane of my existence. I am 5'3 so I'm pretty short, most average length stuff doesn't fit me well at all. There's pretty much only one type of cut I can buy without spending a fortune to get everything so altered that I might as well have had them custom made.

I don't sew so I roll up my pants. I have a problem with the way stuff fits me around the waist pretty much all the time. I have a big booty and thighs which usually cause me to have to go a size higher than what actually fits around my waist. So I'm constantly struggling to keep my pants up <insert clever joke in poor taste here>.

I also have the same problem that StarW talked about where I can't fill out a top properly, my belly always necessitates me wearing a size bigger than my top half can fit into.

I just deal. It's not too bad. I don't really know any different because I've always been short and stocky regardless of how fat I was - so you just cope with it.

Or go around naked. One of the two.

http://comaseason.deviantart.com/
comaseason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 07:00 AM   #22
msbard90

Quote:

- Spanky
Spanky,

To be honest, with women's jeans in general, all the sizes are skewed based on the manufacturers preference. For us, we have general numbers like 18, 22, etc, which really have no meaning. I own some pants that are huge on me that are a size 20, but I also own a size 24-26 that I can barely get my thighs into. Not only that, but there are also issues regarding the shape of the pants. Not all pants are flattering for everyone, no matter the size. I remember being a size 2 a few years ago, and I couldn't ever find pants that made my butt look decent (yes those are deciding factors for us women ). As some other people mentioned, stores like lane bryant and fashion bug have started making pants to fit an apple shape, an hour glass shape, and a pear shape. They also make all of those in petite, regular, and tall. The only thing with that is they also changed the sizes from 0-8, where 0 is like a size 12, and 8 is like a 28. It is harder to find a great fitting pair of pants for a woman because there are so many different styles, and the sizes aren't universal in any sense of the term. But with a little patience, we do find great pairs. And with women at any size, there are always going to be that great pair of jeans that are just a little too long or too short, and that's why we go to the tailor, or do it ourselves with the sewing machine, or hell, sometimes I'll just pin it up if I have to go somewhere quickly.

But, Spanky, it's not just pants for us. Shirts and dresses can be quite a pain too. A lot of plus size clothing makers make their shirts WAAAYAYAYAYAYYYY tooo short, and it leaves your belly hanging out underneath, or they will use an unforgiving fabric, which your boobs stretch out the shirt, or they cling to your rolls. I mean, those might be things an FA likes to see, but us BBW certainly wouldn't go to work with our bellies out of our shirts, and our boobs bursting the buttons of our shirts lol! And with dresses, there are similar issues. Like for me, I fit into a 22 dress size usually, but the boob space is much too large for me. They expect a person with size 22 hips to have DDD or larger boobs. (sorry a regular ol C doesn't suffice... ) So, that's when you have to either tailor the straps, or sew a little up on the chest area...

The main idea however, is that women's clothing is made like crap. There are no standards for manufacturers to follow, and women tend to all be shaped rather differently- No matter the size. But once we find a place that makes a great pair of pants, or has good shirts/dresses, etc... we tend to shop exclusively there. But I'm sure guys like a certain fit too.

Hope that helped. I know it was a long explanation

love,
melissa
Old 08-26-2009, 07:10 AM   #23
msbard90

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanza View Post
This does seems really interesting as well as insightful, so I suppose I post a quandary for the "plus-size lovelies" of Dim's.

I guess consider myself an art dork without a real "muse". I have been finding myself wondering if I should allow my interest and preferences in terms of the female form become the thing that drives my work or not. I suppose I have been unsure what to do in terms of pursuing it. I feel like I have areas I need to work on as well as wanting to get back into life drawing again.

Any who I guess I will move on to my questions.

1.) How do you feel if/when asked to model for something?

2.) What might be a good approach when asking?

3.) I guess what are your general views to being the subject or reference to someone's creative endeavors?

(well these are the only one I could think of for the moment, is cool to add more later as they come to me or is this a one time deal?)
First off, of course you can add more questions later

1.) It honestly depends on who is asking me to model. I prefer reputable services, or sites, and usually if asked by a woman, I am more comfortable. Not gonna lie, if a man I have never heard of, who doesn't have any references asks me to model for him, I know he just wants ass. I am not stupid . But modeling, yes. I love to model. But it has to be from the right person, and completely on my terms.

2.)Well, start off modeling people you know, who won't be creeped out. If you have some photography experience- that would be great to mention. Don't hit on the girl, like "hey sexy, i luv ur pix that booty is so juicy can u model 4 me, hit me up girl"... (that's raunchy lol). Be professional, build up a clientele (even if it is small), and make sure you are very open and honest about what you wish to do.

3.)I don't mind being the subject of someone's photography. However, I know that a lot of women, as well as myself, are unwilling to be some stranger's muse. (Some may be, I don't know, honestly...). Get to know the people you wish to photograph first. Perhaps, meet them at a BBW bash, so they are more comfortable meeting you. Personally, one on one encounters with complete strangers are a HUGE NOOOOOO with me.

hope this helped!
love,
melissa
Old 08-26-2009, 07:12 AM   #24
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default repping on this board?

How do you feel about non-BBW giving rep for posts on this board? We aren't supposed to be posting, for the most part, but is rep OK? Or is that still potentially seen as trying to influence or approve the discussion?
Old 08-26-2009, 07:16 AM   #25
msbard90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
How do you feel about non-BBW giving rep for posts on this board? We aren't supposed to be posting, for the most part, but is rep OK? Or is that still potentially seen as trying to influence or approve the discussion?
Tad,

(lol i'm loving this replying thing if you couldn't tell)... If a bbw's answer helped you out because you felt it may have answered a question you had, why not Rep it? FA's are also more than welcome allowed to post their questions on this thread, because that's what it was here for. BTW, if we make a menstruation thread, stay off of it lol haha

love,
melissa