Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > FA/FFA forum

Old 08-28-2009, 03:55 PM   #26
StarWitness
part square, part drape

StarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankman View Post
Okay, a question from an FA to FAs:

What is an FFA? Female Fat Admirer? I mean, isn't FA a genderless term? Is there a difference between how MFAs and FFAs love fat? Why does this term exist? It seems redundant.
There's a thread about this, actually. I keep the extra F around when identifying myself (at least on Dims) because I feel like a lot of times the assumption is that FA = heterosexual male.

I've always been a guy with a sweet tooth, and that girl's just like a king-size candy bar...
--Sleater-Kinney
StarWitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 04:27 PM   #27
exile in thighville
groups/347570880589/

exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!

o hai dere
exile in thighville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 09:09 AM   #28
Amandy
Snarktacular

Amandy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesAmandy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:

What is an FFA? Female Fat Admirer? I mean, isn't FA a genderless term? Is there a difference between how MFAs and FFAs love fat? Why does this term exist? It seems redundant.
And why do we even bother to put the "wo" in front of "man" ?? We're all human beings with the same concerns: water, food, shelter, propagation of the species - the "wo" is so redundant. Gosh, I mean, really, when you think about it.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:00 AM   #29
frankman
The Eternal Cowboy

frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amandy View Post
And why do we even bother to put the "wo" in front of "man" ?? We're all human beings with the same concerns: water, food, shelter, propagation of the species - the "wo" is so redundant. Gosh, I mean, really, when you think about it.
Wow, that's not even remotely the same.

FA is like the word "doctor", "fan" or "stamp collector" (doctress? She-fan? Collectette?). There's absolutely NOTHING in the word that implies its masculinity.

Fat Admirer. No reason to have the extra F. It's like saying: "I'm a male Picasso admirer. I like Picasso's work in a strictly masculine way." Makes a person wonder in what way chicks dig paintings...

So roll your eyes all you want, but your hyperbole doesn't hold water (oh, another one, "diver" => divester? Dive-elle? Divette?).
Old 08-29-2009, 05:10 PM   #30
Amandy
Snarktacular

Amandy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesAmandy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Wow, that's not even remotely the same.

FA is like the word "doctor", "fan" or "stamp collector" (doctress? She-fan? Collectette?). There's absolutely NOTHING in the word that implies its masculinity.

Fat Admirer. No reason to have the extra F. It's like saying: "I'm a male Picasso admirer. I like Picasso's work in a strictly masculine way." Makes a person wonder in what way chicks dig paintings...

So roll your eyes all you want, but your hyperbole doesn't hold water (oh, another one, "diver" => divester? Dive-elle? Divette?).
okay, take it easy there. Me = connotation vs you = strict definition. I just like having fun with words.

But what I don't like is men thinking they can define what I like and how I like it. My FFA-ness is not simply liking adipose tissue - it's all wound up with my estrogen and using feminine wiles, so much so that I often find myself not relating to male FAs at all. And plus I have tits and a jay.

Now relax already and channel all that testosterone on good things, like lovin' fat girls.

Or maybe I should have used a happier emoticon and it would have been all better?
Old 08-29-2009, 05:56 PM   #31
lovelocs
Nunc est Bibendum

lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

So after the semantics....
...Does anyone want to ask an FFA anything? I'll be more than happy to answer...
Old 08-29-2009, 06:01 PM   #32
lovelocs
Nunc est Bibendum

lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Wink

IMHO. The definitive explanation of man and woman. From a T-Rex.

http://www.qwantz.com/index.php?comic=551
Old 08-30-2009, 01:53 PM   #33
BubbleButtBabe
No one cares anyway

BubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging in

Why do some FAs never walk up and talk to a woman they are attracted to? Why do they either follow her around a store or make those mmmm sounds when she goes by?

Only two miracles are worth seeing:
The miracle of loving
And
The miracle of forgiving-Sri Chinmoy
BubbleButtBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 08:41 PM   #34
UMBROBOYUM

UMBROBOYUM has super-sized repUMBROBOYUM has super-sized repUMBROBOYUM has super-sized repUMBROBOYUM has super-sized repUMBROBOYUM has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleButtBabe View Post
Why do some FAs never walk up and talk to a woman they are attracted to? Why do they either follow her around a store or make those mmmm sounds when she goes by?

I think people are shy about approaching someone they're interested in because they'll worry about what they think of them or rather what kind of impression they'll make on said person. However theres more to it than that. I think that its an issue that not only just pertains to FAs when it comes to walking up to someone and talking to someone they're attracted to. Most of my male friends and I have talked about that kind of thing at one point or another. Most of what I hear is that they don't want the other person to think that they're stupid or weird. They're afraid to take a risk looking dumb in my opinion and I think to myself, "well if you find her cute why not talk to her? Nothing to loose really.." but it seems most of my friends are shy like that. I don't find to much right or wrong with this, but only that if you feel attracted to someone and if you feel ready to pursue further interest, than by all means go for it, because you only live once. Otherwise you'll always wonder "what if?" and you'll never have known.

I'm not sure as to why exactly they make those sounds like "mmm" when she goes by, but I'm of the idea that maybe FAs or guys tend to act sheepishly stupid in front of women they find attractive and truely like. I know I tend to mess up my sentence structure and words just seem to come out of my mouth without thought. I've known many friends who worry they'll do exactly that. It doesn't hold me back but for my friends it sometimes does. I tell them go and talk to her anyway, so you look like a fool? so what? If they see you as a fool then they're not for you anyway. I'll admit its not easy approaching someone you barely know and striking up a convo out of the blue, however its always going to be different than the alternative, that of always wondering and guessing.

So that could be some of many reason why a "guy" / FA might not talk to bbw.

If your a bbw and expecting a guy who you think might be "attracted" to you, there's several ways to find out here http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/fo...447#post983447. Only if your interested in him or what he's thinking, curiosity etc etc...., then you should also consider initiating contact first. Why? Well if your wondering those things about him, then why not find out?

Alas I think I'm off topic here, so to sum up my mess of words, and FA that nevers goes up to the bbw they're attracted to maybe on or more of the follow,

-Afraid of rejection
-Shy and socially sensitive
-Unwilling to take a "risk" at meeting someone new,
-Past experience?
-Awe struck? ( some of us become frozen like a deer in headlights when we see someone thats attractive, no joke. I don't have words for why, maybe there isn't any to describe it, but thats what happens to some people..)
-Are you making any contact with them for their noticing of you IE (Smiling back and/or waving or some other common signal that invites them over for conversation?)

I can't think of anything else at the moment as I cant presume to know what each individual fa thinks and feels about women.

I hope that helps a little ?
UMBROBOYUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 10:16 AM   #35
exile in thighville
groups/347570880589/

exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
you're confusing "attraction" with "boner"
exile in thighville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 12:08 PM   #36
UMBROBOYUM

UMBROBOYUM has super-sized repUMBROBOYUM has super-sized repUMBROBOYUM has super-sized repUMBROBOYUM has super-sized repUMBROBOYUM has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by exile in thighville View Post
you're confusing "attraction" with "boner"
This is also a very likely scenario. The worst is when it happens when you're walking and you don't realize until its too late. Its sucks, but its a natural reaction to someone you find... attractive. Its the worst at pools, lakes, beaches, and other "swimsuit" areas. The whole world can see you and You feel really vulnerable. I usually think of something thats not attractive to me to "try" and control it. But usually its awkward.... so yeah. hahaha
UMBROBOYUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 05:39 PM   #37
Chimpi
into the shining sun

Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainyday View Post
On Dims, do you view women who post cheeky/pin-up type photos here as more confident than women who don't? If so, why?
Nope. It's possible that it may or may not take more 'cajones' to post a picture of yourself up in a cheeky/pin-up style photo after a long, disturbing road of being told you're hideous because you're fat. However, just because someone puts on a much shorter/tighter pair of shorts to show off what they have as compared to someone who is fully clothed does not make them more confident. Confidence is a mental attribute, not a physical one (in my opinion).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau View Post
If you could change your preference and be attracted to thinner women/men would you? Or is being an FA something you actually love?
I would never change my orientation.

Quote:
Maybe he/she is not single. Maybe he/she is too shy. Maybe he/she is not a talkative person. Maybe he/she has some issues going on that need to be worked out before he/she approaches you. There are all sorts of variables that can come into play. Maybe he/she just doesn't want to be publicly known as the person that finds a fat person attractive. It's probably not always like that, though. I would venture to say much more a general nervous issue than a strictly "FA" problem.

I don't know about the "mmm" sounds because I don't do that, but if a creep is horny, he/she will follow you around, methinks.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:05 PM   #38
BubbleButtBabe
No one cares anyway

BubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging in

Thanks guys..Kind of what I figured but wanted some input just to be sure...

The miracle of loving
And
Old 09-03-2009, 08:40 AM   #39
Blockierer
FAntastic

Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
On Dims, do you view women who post cheeky/pin-up type photos here as more confident than women who don't? If so, why?
Some women love to show their body, some not.
But the positive comments about their pics of the here reading and writing FAs will make them more confident. That's what I think
Old 09-03-2009, 11:20 AM   #40
Buffetbelly
Nosh, destroyer of snacks

Buffetbelly is a member of the 500 clubBuffetbelly is a member of the 500 clubBuffetbelly is a member of the 500 clubBuffetbelly is a member of the 500 clubBuffetbelly is a member of the 500 clubBuffetbelly is a member of the 500 club

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelocs View Post
So after the semantics....
...Does anyone want to ask an FFA anything? I'll be more than happy to answer...
This deserves its own thread! I think BHM are more puzzled over FFA's than BBW are over FA's.
Buffetbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 11:52 AM   #41
Cors
Delurking

Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
No. However, it is pretty easy to tell if someone is posting pictures because they are insecure and need validation.

Quote:
If you could change your preference and be attracted to thinner women/men would you? Or is being an FA something you actually love?
I neither hate nor love being an FA, but because I am, I know that sex will probably never be the same with a thin woman and will of course miss that part of my sexuality. However, if I preferred thin women (or hell, men) from birth, then I suppose I won't know what I am missing out on. It is kind of like how a chocolate hater won't feel like he is missing anything, even when all his friends are waving Godiva in his face and gushing about how wonderful it is, though he would probably have been curious at some point.

Quote:

What StarWitness said! Identifying as an FFA here implies that I am sexually interested in men when I am not. I don't mind the term FA and can often relate to the straight male FAs, but I wouldn't want anyone to assume that I am male.
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 02:15 PM   #42
joswitch
Exile from Main Board

joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Why do some FAs never walk up and talk to a woman they are attracted to?
I like to try and make eye contact first, maybe exchange a smile...
(Y'know to assess whether or not she might be interested in an approach, cos most women I know assume a guy who's hitting on them in public = creepy...)
An awful lot of BBWs are just looking at the floor / their phones / will not make eye contact, so I'm left guessing and I tend to guess she'd rather be left alone...

Quote:
Why do they either follow her around a store or make those mmmm sounds when she goes by?
Errrr.... WTF?
I don't do this...
and I don't do this - cos it's bloody creepy!
Guys who do this are either creepy or too dumb or too shy aaaaaand so they come across as creepy... gah! they'd be better off saying "Hi" and risk being shot down than doing this....
Old 09-04-2009, 02:44 PM   #43
frankman
The Eternal Cowboy

frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaybe it's an affliction?

Seriously; you had guys following you around the store going hmmmhmmmhhmm? That's so weird. Did you throw canned products at them?
Old 09-05-2009, 12:44 AM   #44
BubbleButtBabe
No one cares anyway

Quote:
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaybe it's an affliction?

Seriously; you had guys following you around the store going hmmmhmmmhhmm? That's so weird. Did you throw canned products at them?
No I usually tell them to f off and walk away from them...In my part of the country these good ole boys are sometimes backwards with the way they act towards women...They do not use the manners their Mothers taught them..

The miracle of loving
And
Old 09-06-2009, 01:06 PM   #45
Fascinita
Jeez, we're blessed!

Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.

THisis for da FAs :

FAs, what do you find exciting about touching your own bodies? I relly wanna know.

Thanks,
Old 09-06-2009, 07:01 PM   #46
Observer
Editor/Writer/Commentator

Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Folks, let's respect the OP's initial intent.

This thread is supposed to be call-in talk show format; ask your question and watch the responses.

If something is worth a prologed interactive discussion please start a separate thread!
Observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 06:53 PM   #47
chicken legs
yawn

chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Since i see nothing wrong with being attracted to big folks..no i wouldnt change and yes i do love it..y...idk..its in the genes i guess. I dont question my preference anymore than i question why big folks like engulfing smaller folks with their big bodies...ok i just turned myself on what was i talking about
chicken legs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 07:05 PM   #48
chicken legs
yawn

chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
hhahha..i totally do that. I'm a really quiet/reserved person under normal circumstances, so if you throw a super sized person in the mixed..I really clam up. Plus I don't see super sized people on a everyday basis so I'm not desensitized to seeing them.

LOL..I've been with my super sized boyfriend for 9 months and still do that (stare/clam up/follow aimlessly/growl).
Old 09-07-2009, 07:11 PM   #49
chicken legs
yawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fascinita View Post
THisis for da FAs :

FAs, what do you find exciting about touching your own bodies? I relly wanna know.

Thanks,
Funny thing is when i was 120 i wasnt into my own body at all..but now that i have jiggly butt..i do enjoy sitting in chairs more...but all in all i dont find my body exciting.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:19 PM   #50
dcoyote

dcoyote can now change their title

I have a question. Do all of you have a thing for huge boobs? Mine are tiny, but it seems like most bbws have huge boobs. Does anyone not really care about breast size?

On a side note, Cors, you are adorable.
dcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote