Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 09-01-2009, 02:15 PM   #26
Tau
IXAMXDECADENCE

Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post
Years ago, there was a skin cream commercial on TV where the lady in it said "I'm not growing old gracefully, I'm fighting it every step of the way".

I remember that because....it's me. I have "raged against the dying of the light" and all that jazz. It's my life....my life is not over just because close-minded people told me to lay down and die at point XYZ.

We decide our own destinies. We live our own lives. Everything we are is not dependent/contingent upon the opinions of others.

"We grow not older with years but only newer every day" Emily Dickenson

I will enjoy each and every season left in my life........"When it's bitter at the start, then it's sweeter in the end".

I don't know....growing old doesn't frighten me. The thought of missing out on the things I love in life scares the hell out of me though. If you live it well...in your own way......you have done well. Stand proudly....you have a made a journey that a lot of people falter on and are done with way too early.....

I turn 41 on Wednesday. I enjoy all of my birthdays
I adore you!
Old 09-02-2009, 04:27 PM   #27
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau View Post
I adore you!
Thank you, Sweet Tau. I kind of like you, too

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 10:48 PM   #28
Tania
Disneyland Bobsled Team

Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katherine22 View Post
What do the older women signify to you, Tania? How do you not know that it may possibly be fun upstairs?
I'm mostly kidding. Have you ever seen 8 1/2? The scene of which I speak is satirical, skewering the main character's way of categorizing women.

In the dream sequence, the women upstairs are said to be "treated just as well," though they don't participate in the active life of Guido's "downstairs harem." So, the inference is that "living on in the memories" is comfortable and peaceful, but lonely. While life in Guido's active imagination isn't exactly satisfying, I'm not sure I'd like to be locked away upstairs when I cross some arbitrary age threshold, either. In fact, the mere thought of it incites a riot amongst all the women of Guido's household.

While the riot doesn't have lasting impact, I think the premise is telling. We as individuals and as a group can refuse to accept "the house rules" of past generations and forge our own.

What scares me are the women who accept the pegholing - not "older women" as a class. We've reached an era in which it's become difficult to define where "old" begins. In real life, there is no "upstairs" and no house rules to confine you there after a certain age unless you choose to be. Some men may try to peghole you as "only fit for the memories" after a certain point, but they - like those who would dismiss you for your fatness, or anything else - aren't the final word in the measure of a woman's worthiness of love.

To quote Gracie, "It's never too late." Women over 40, 50 60, 70, 80 and so on make hot, happy hookups all the time. However, I am a believer in making hay while the sun shines. I want to make the most of what I have now so that I'll have more time with the "right guy" and the option of biological children once I remarry.

And I won't lie - I love my pretty brown hair.

~ The Cure

"She will never submit to any thing requiring industry and patience, and a subjection of the fancy to the understanding."
~ Mr. Knightley on Emma, Jane Austen's Emma
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 11:18 AM   #29
katherine22

katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tania View Post
I'm mostly kidding. Have you ever seen 8 1/2? The scene of which I speak is satirical, skewering the main character's way of categorizing women.

In the dream sequence, the women upstairs are said to be "treated just as well," though they don't participate in the active life of Guido's "downstairs harem." So, the inference is that "living on in the memories" is comfortable and peaceful, but lonely. While life in Guido's active imagination isn't exactly satisfying, I'm not sure I'd like to be locked away upstairs when I cross some arbitrary age threshold, either. In fact, the mere thought of it incites a riot amongst all the women of Guido's household.

While the riot doesn't have lasting impact, I think the premise is telling. We as individuals and as a group can refuse to accept "the house rules" of past generations and forge our own.

What scares me are the women who accept the pegholing - not "older women" as a class. We've reached an era in which it's become difficult to define where "old" begins. In real life, there is no "upstairs" and no house rules to confine you there after a certain age unless you choose to be. Some men may try to peghole you as "only fit for the memories" after a certain point, but they - like those who would dismiss you for your fatness, or anything else - aren't the final word in the measure of a woman's worthiness of love.

To quote Gracie, "It's never too late." Women over 40, 50 60, 70, 80 and so on make hot, happy hookups all the time. However, I am a believer in making hay while the sun shines. I want to make the most of what I have now so that I'll have more time with the "right guy" and the option of biological children once I remarry.

And I won't lie - I love my pretty brown hair.
Please, please, please make lots of hay. Enjoy your beauty and your youth. I love the films of Fellini - saw everyone of them. I am lucky to be in a generation that re-defined every developmental stage and as we become older women hopefully we will see something of value in this stage of life while refusing to live a constricted existence due to perceptions of older women from the past.

Queen Elizabeth I residing within.

If I continue to eat I will grow as big as a room.
"What are rooms for?":bow:
katherine22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 06:22 PM   #30
Tania
Disneyland Bobsled Team

Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katherine22 View Post
Please, please, please make lots of hay. Enjoy your beauty and your youth. I love the films of Fellini - saw everyone of them. I am lucky to be in a generation that re-defined every developmental stage and as we become older women hopefully we will see something of value in this stage of life while refusing to live a constricted existence due to perceptions of older women from the past.
I promise I will continue to try!

~ The Cure

"She will never submit to any thing requiring industry and patience, and a subjection of the fancy to the understanding."
~ Mr. Knightley on Emma, Jane Austen's Emma
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote