Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 08-29-2009, 02:42 PM   #51
Rowan
wickedly delicious

Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I won't eat a steak if it's anything less than medium well and forget it if there isn't ketchup or blue cheese dressing around.

Ham must have ketchup as well as eggs and hashbrowns.

As for what I consider off limits...

Fried fish...don't you want to eat fish and not breading?

Mayo and jello...my Gramma found this recipe out of Country Music magazine once that was called Alan Jackson salad.

Bottom Layer: Lime jello, melted sherbert, crushed pineapple

Middle Layer: walnuts and mayo

Top layer: Red jello of your choice and orange or strawberries floated

BARF

Cottage cheese and salsa

Cream cheese and salsa

Chocolate and peanut butter...what the hell did that chocolate do to you!?
now i found that if you soften the cream cheese and mix it with like a peach salsa, it is ab fab...love it

פפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפ

~*~And I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had
~*~
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 02:49 PM   #52
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
I won't eat a steak if it's anything less than medium well and forget it if there isn't ketchup.
Ham must have ketchup.
Chocolate and peanut butter...what the hell did that chocolate do to you!?

I don't even know who you are.
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 02:54 PM   #53
katorade

katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Alan Jackson salad! HAHA! We had something similar growing up, but sweetened cream cheese was used rather than mayo. You could actually buy it in the deli section.

How can you not like chocolate and peanut butter?
katorade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 03:13 PM   #54
Sugar

Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Plumpy...just because we have different tastes does not mean you stopped loving me today! *hands you a bunch of peanutbutter cups*

Kato...I have no idea why anyone likes it. I mean I won't spit it out in a fit of rage and horror but in general I'm not a big peanut fan. Now slap some almonds on just about anything and I'm overly happy.
Sugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 03:18 PM   #55
katorade

katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Plumpy...just because we have different tastes does not mean you stopped loving me today! *hands you a bunch of peanutbutter cups*

Kato...I have no idea why anyone likes it. I mean I won't spit it out in a fit of rage and horror but in general I'm not a big peanut fan. Now slap some almonds on just about anything and I'm overly happy.

As long as you're not deathly allergic to them, otherwise I'd have to keep on drivin'. Reese's cups are definitely an accompaniment on road trips! Oddly enough, I love peanut butter in candy, but not peanuts. Long live the Mars bars of yesteryear!
Old 08-29-2009, 03:31 PM   #56
Sugar

Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katorade View Post
As long as you're not deathly allergic to them, otherwise I'd have to keep on drivin'. Reese's cups are definitely an accompaniment on road trips! Oddly enough, I love peanut butter in candy, but not peanuts. Long live the Mars bars of yesteryear!
Nah I'm not allergic to anything but maybe Plumpy's bad attitude and overly sweaty people
Old 08-29-2009, 03:53 PM   #57
Chef
Galloping Gourmet

Chef has super-sized repChef has super-sized repChef has super-sized repChef has super-sized repChef has super-sized rep

Quote:
Beans are entirely optional in Cincinnati-style chili. At the two most famous chili joints, Skyline and Gold Star, you order it one of several ways (it's always funny to say 3-way, and yes, that's how you order it). What makes Cincy chili unique is the spice blend that goes in it, which are an homage to its Greek history. Cinnamon and allspice are the most typical. Some contain cocoa or clove or various other spices.

The way it's eaten is also a tad peculiar. The most popular order is on top of spaghetti noodles, then topped with mounds of shredded cheddar cheese. That's a 3-way. 4-way is adding beans OR raw diced onions. 5-way is adding both. "Coneys", basically a chili cheese dog, is also popular.

I actually prefer getting chili fries, because the spaghetti is never salted or seasoned in any way, and the fries tend to soak up some of the very liquidy sauce. I get mine with no beans, onions, and a double order of diced tomatoes.
I've had chili over spaghetti before with pinto beans, chopped onions, shredded cheddar, sour cream, sliced black olives, sliced jalopenos, and oyster crackers.. um.. seven way? But I've never had REAL cincinnati-style seasonings.. the cinnamon, clove, allspice, cocoa.. almost makes it seem like french toast.. is it overly spiced.. or just right?
Old 08-29-2009, 04:06 PM   #58
katorade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef View Post
I've had chili over spaghetti before with pinto beans, chopped onions, shredded cheddar, sour cream, sliced black olives, sliced jalopenos, and oyster crackers.. um.. seven way? But I've never had REAL cincinnati-style seasonings.. the cinnamon, clove, allspice, cocoa.. almost makes it seem like french toast.. is it overly spiced.. or just right?
I'm actually not that big a fan. I've had it 3, maybe 4 times since I moved here a year and a half ago. I prefer Gold Star's vegetarian chili, but their fries suck. The consistency of Skyline is akin to a soupy sloppy joe with very finely ground meat. I prefer actual stew chunks in my chili. Homemade Cincy chili tastes much better.

The spice is very subtle, and it's not hot-spicy, more savory spicy. I gotta say, pretty much every Midwestern take on non-regional food is bland as hell. I haven't had good Mexican food since I moved here. The pizza is just god awful. The chili is about as exciting as the color brown.

If you have had Greek meat dishes before, you might be able to get an idea of the flavor. The meat in pastitsio is seasoned very similarly, and is served over macaroni or penne rather than spaghetti, and topped with bechamel sauce then baked rather than cold shredded cheddar. It's actually one of my favorite foods, period.
Chili, to me, is usually made with venison stew meat, spicy enough to make your eyelids sweat, full of big chunks of tomatoes, onions, and peppers, and served over a piece of cornbread with sour cream and cheddar. It's what I grew up with.
Old 08-29-2009, 04:06 PM   #59
Chef
Galloping Gourmet

Chef has super-sized repChef has super-sized repChef has super-sized repChef has super-sized repChef has super-sized rep

- grilled corn on the cob, doused in butter, schmeared with mayo, dusted with new mexico chili powder, with a wedge of lime.
- smoked herring with lots of plain French's yellow mustard, right out of the can with a fork.
- white chunk tuna mixed with miracle whip, chopped dill pickles, white onion, celery, on pumpernickel bread.
- leftover spaghetti with meat sauce, with extra ketchup and tabasco.

When i was a kid:
- wonder white bread with butter and honey
- open face wonder white bread and leftover turkey/beef/chicken gravy (til I either ran out of bread or gravy)
- peanut butter and grape jelly sammiches using peanut butter cookies
Old 08-29-2009, 04:09 PM   #60
katorade

This thread is about foods you detest or just don't get, not foods you love!

Unless you're saying you hate chili-lime corn, then you should be burned at the stake like a witch.
Old 08-29-2009, 04:12 PM   #61
Chef
Galloping Gourmet

Quote:
I'm actually not that big a fan. I've had it 3, maybe 4 times since I moved here a year and a half ago. I prefer Gold Star's vegetarian chili, but their fries suck. The consistency of Skyline is akin to a soupy sloppy joe with very finely ground meat. I prefer actual stew chunks in my chili. Homemade Cincy chili tastes much better.

The spice is very subtle, and it's not hot-spicy, more savory spicy. I gotta say, pretty much every Midwestern take on non-regional food is bland as hell. I haven't had good Mexican food since I moved here. The pizza is just god awful. The chili is about as exciting as the color brown.

If you have had Greek meat dishes before, you might be able to get an idea of the flavor. The meat in pastitsio is seasoned very similarly, and is served over macaroni or penne rather than spaghetti, and topped with bechamel sauce then baked rather than cold shredded cheddar. It's actually one of my favorite foods, period.
Chili, to me, is usually made with venison stew meat, spicy enough to make your eyelids sweat, full of big chunks of tomatoes, onions, and peppers, and served over a piece of cornbread with sour cream and cheddar. It's what I grew up with.
Change that to Fritos instead of cornbread, and thats my mother's frito pie.

I never could get the hang of venison. Elk or Bison please.
Old 08-29-2009, 04:12 PM   #62
Chef
Galloping Gourmet

Oops.. I forgot it was food I hate... i love so much...
Old 08-29-2009, 04:14 PM   #63
katorade

I have another. Potted meat product. WHY can you find this on shelves in every grocery store and WHO keeps eating it?!?
Old 08-29-2009, 04:19 PM   #64
Chef
Galloping Gourmet

Quote:
I have another. Potted meat product. WHY can you find this on shelves in every grocery store and WHO keeps eating it?!?
LOL! like adding smoke flavor is going to help Hormel sell more Spam..
Old 08-29-2009, 04:21 PM   #65
Sugar

Quote:
My Dad used to eat it all the time and one time he and my Mom were fighting because she put it in the fridge and it's not smear-able when cold.

If I could go back in time with a tape recorder...that argument would be recorded for the masses to enjoy. To this day I can't help but laugh loudly at what I recall.
Old 08-29-2009, 04:30 PM   #66
Chef
Galloping Gourmet

My father used to buy vienna sausages all the time. Sometimes, I get the urge to put in it my shopping cart.. just to try them again.. just to see if they're just as awful as I remember, and the devil on my shoulder screams "You Fool! Put that back!"

Everytime I would visit my grandparents during the summer in the 70s.. my grandmother was trying, once again, to give up coffee, and would make Postum instead. *shudder*
Old 08-29-2009, 05:14 PM   #67
shinyapple
crunchy in milk

shinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Ugh...my mother's ex-husband ate this stuff. It used to piss me off to no end when I would walk in the door and he would be eating it after heating it up in the microwave. It made their entire house smell like canned dog food. *gags*
shinyapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 06:58 PM   #68
TallFatSue
On Timeout

TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithnwesson View Post
Sorry, Sue. I've been working in hospitals for a long time -- we get kind of immune to this kind of shit after a while.

I didn't intend to offend you.
Oh if you think you can kiss up to me with a photo of a cute little puppy, you've got another thing coming. I need to see some truly impressive groveling! (I'd tell you to kiss my ass, but that only rewards FAs for bad behavior.)

However to spare everyone from your maudlin display of contrition, I accept your apology. Just be more careful in the future about something that is no laughing matter to us women, okay? (cringe)
TallFatSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 07:09 PM   #69
TallFatSue
On Timeout

TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef View Post
LOL! like adding smoke flavor is going to help Hormel sell more Spam..
The last few times we were in Hawaii, we were amazed at how popular Spam was there. And like a foodie fool, I finally cracked and tried the Spam stir-fry, Spam sushi, Spam musubi etc. They were surprisingly good because they actually cook the Spam like any other Hawaiian/Asian fusian style, rather than use it for cold cuts. Spam is also on the menu at McDonald's in Hawaii. Methinx Spam became so popular in Hawaii because it was the most readily-available meat during the military build-up in World War II. Hawaiians grew up eating Spam, and it's their comfort food.
TallFatSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 07:15 PM   #70
sunnie1653
Happiest. Mommy. Ever. :)

sunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Well done steak is another one for me.. ugh. You already killed the poor cow, at least give it the dignity of still tasting like meat instead of shoe leather!

A friend of mine orders pizza with "extra sauce" .. YUCK!

Vienna sausages.. my ex used to buy them, cut them in half, smash them onto a saltine.. and *crunch* ... turns my stomach just thinking about it.

Frosting on brownies. Seriously? Why bother?

I don't get the appeal of ketchup on everything. Ketchup is for fries, and the occasional burger. Not eggs, not spaghetti, not on top of meatloaf while its baking so it gets all nasty and crusted (YUCK!), and CERTAINLY not on a hot dog!!

Chili without beans? I've never had such a thing. Has to have beans in it- that's what gives it substance! Otherwise you have hot dog chili "sauce."

Fruit "topping" on pancakes. Gross-out-city. Same thing with canned pie filling. Seriously? How hard is it to peel and slice some apples?!?!
sunnie1653 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 07:18 PM   #71
toni
In the know

toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnie1653 View Post

A friend of mine orders pizza with "extra sauce" .. YUCK!
You are SO wrong! Extra sauce makes the pizza much more YUMMY.
toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 07:32 PM   #72
Suze
Too Vanilla For You

Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toni View Post
Extra cheese makes the pizza much more YUMMY.
that's more like it
Suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 07:37 PM   #73
toni
In the know

toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Actually, extra cheese and extra sauce is always the best choice. It gets very messy but it is a beautiful mess.
toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 08:04 PM   #74
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I just thought of one more. i made pizza tonight and growing up we used to put canned mushrooms on there.. blech.. yucko.. I hate canned mushrooms. I didn't like mushrooms as a kid until i ate fresh ones!!
Old 08-29-2009, 08:54 PM   #75
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toni View Post
Actually, extra cheese and extra sauce is always the best choice. It gets very messy but it is a beautiful mess.
Only if it's Pizzeria style Pizza - not that nasty stuff from the Pizza Chains
tonynyc is offline   Reply With Quote