Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 09-04-2009, 08:24 PM   #126
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankman View Post
- People that ask their spouse whether they will like something or not. Put the food in your damn gob and find out. I know it's not really an "edible" peeve, but men/women who have lost the will to just try stuff and make their own decisions regarding the taste of food should be euthanized.
This used to happen to me a LOT back in my dating days. I made it my custom to go to an Italian restaurant on the first date, and the chef knew me well enough to send out calamari 'extra rare' on request. I figured if the lady had enough gumption to fight it out with a main dish that grabbed her fork away, she was a keeper.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 06:06 AM   #127
frankman
The Eternal Cowboy

frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Do they have cattle farms in the Netherlands?
Only small ones, bio friendly and stuff.
We do have chicken farms and dairy farms.
Old 09-05-2009, 03:36 PM   #128
Esther
Queen Black Acid

Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeautifulMe View Post
Because you have so much of it you have to come up with new ways to fix it?

Back when I was a kid we went fishing and/or crabbing every day during the summer, so we had fish and/or crab every day. After a while it got boring. We had crab salad a lot. lol
It must just be because I live in a central province then... I rarely get to eat crab and lobster, and on the rare occasion that I do eat it I usually paid a fortune for it.
Esther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 04:56 PM   #129
debz-aka
What does this thing do?

debz-aka can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesdebz-aka can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Why do people ruin perfectly good peanut butter cookies by putting sugar on the top? Overly sweet pastries are vile!

http://www.nouterusnojobnoproblem.blogspot.com
debz-aka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 01:17 PM   #130
katorade

katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz-aka View Post
Why do people ruin perfectly good peanut butter cookies by putting sugar on the top? Overly sweet pastries are vile!
But that's the best way! It provides a really nice crisp and keeps them from drying out too quickly. I usually counteract the sweetness by adding a little more salt into the cookie and by baking them into bars so there's more cookie to sugar ratio.
katorade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 02:51 PM   #131
phatkhat

phatkhat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesphatkhat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Cottage cheese on baked potatoes. Ketchup on mac and cheese. Fries dipped in Wendys frosty.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:37 PM   #132
mejix
meh

mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

not sure if this constitutes a travesty but i thought it was a pretty funny combination: wine & cereal
mejix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:43 PM   #133
The Orange Mage
♓ Fishy Pisces! ♓

The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatkhat View Post
Cottage cheese on baked potatoes. Ketchup on mac and cheese. Fries dipped in Wendys frosty.
I'm with you on all but the last one. The last one is okay, but they're actually better plain!
The Orange Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 01:40 PM   #134
buttbooger

buttbooger has said some nice things

When ribs are smothered in BBQ sauce(especially at some restaurants where they dont serve BBQ sauce on the side as an option) when ribs taste mouth watering good w/o it.

My cousin used to eat koolaide and noodles mixed.
My brother ate baked potato w/ marshmellows in it (more apprpriate for sweet potatos in my opinion)

Anything low-fat/fat-free/low carb: does not make me feel nourished-better off eating paper

I, too, dont like it when someone extinguishes cigarrettes into leftover food, scraps could be saved instead.

velveeta mac n cheese: does not beat the traditional homemde Mac n cheese. ever.

Now for some of my favorites:
medium rare steak with its trimmings and some seasoning and/or butter on a grill
smoked country style ribs (hold the BBQ sauce!)
lemon-pepper brisket on grill(smoked)
3 cheese homemade mac n cheese
sweet potato pie
peach cobbler
rhubard pie(not sure if spelled right)
pizzas
buttbooger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 03:53 PM   #135
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttbooger View Post
When ribs are smothered in BBQ sauce(especially at some restaurants where they dont serve BBQ sauce on the side as an option) when ribs taste mouth watering good w/o it...
ABSOLUTELY!! I love ribs without sauce. btw, welcome to Dims!
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 04:20 PM   #136
Paquito
don't July to me

Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!

My roommate cooks his ramen noodles with a sunny side up egg in the mix.

Paquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 04:42 PM   #137
BigBeautifulMe
That was a heart.

BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.

That actually sounds good. Think about it when you order chinese food - many of their noodle dishes come with scrambled egg mixed in.

"I just think your culinary choices could use more death of sentient creatures. Is that so wrong?" - Mini

-Rosebud- I am imagining how lovely it would be to see your golden hair rising up over my belly when you are between my thighs
-Rosebud- Like a cunnilingus sunrise
BigBeautifulMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 06:43 PM   #138
Rowan
wickedly delicious

Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

and the food transvestite thread is back! lol

...heres one...pork chops...just the mere existence...gag lol

פפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפ

~*~And I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had
~*~
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:35 PM   #139
Oirish
The Dude

Oirish knows EXACTLY what's going onOirish knows EXACTLY what's going onOirish knows EXACTLY what's going onOirish knows EXACTLY what's going onOirish knows EXACTLY what's going onOirish knows EXACTLY what's going onOirish knows EXACTLY what's going on

I'm one of the unlucky few that grew up with a grandma that couldn't cook a thing worth eating! She is famously bad. Most anything she makes is a food travesty but here is an especially bad example:
she screwed up a French Dip! She overcooked a beef roast and rather than making au jus she used the drippings off the meat alone! But those drippings weren't in a cup to dip in. Nooooo...instead she took the top piece of bread and dipped it in the drippings prior to serving the sandwich! It was all soggy and awful. She ate hers with a fork and knife. When I asked her why she would do that she replied "that's how all the nice restaurant serve these." My reply was "nice restaurants don't serve French Dips at all." My grandpa just kept looking from his plate to her very confused and still quite hungry. Poor guy's been suffering for almost 50 years now.
Oirish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:44 PM   #140
Esther
Queen Black Acid

Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Oh man, one of my grandmothers is a terrible cook as well. Here's one for ya:
She cooks her chicken pot pie with chicken thighs. With bones in them.
Crust, gravy, and chicken with bones. Why even make a pie!?!
Old 09-30-2009, 08:45 PM   #141
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Damn. You actually said that to your Grandma?

I say that if after 50 years a person refuses to cook for themselves...if the food that someone has kindly made them is so hideous...then they deserve to go hungry.
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:54 PM   #142
Paquito
don't July to me

Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!

My grandma has seasoning issues (the poor taste buds are dying) and yea, we don't particularly like it. But considering that she's taking the time out to cook for us because we're too busy working/schooling, it's not a big deal.
Paquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 06:18 AM   #143
Ernest Nagel
is old

Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by free2beme04 View Post
My grandma has seasoning issues (the poor taste buds are dying) and yea, we don't particularly like it. But considering that she's taking the time out to cook for us because we're too busy working/schooling, it's not a big deal.
CAUTIONARY NOTE: Although taste diminishes slightly with age it's mostly the olfactory (smell) sense. If basic tastes (sweet, salt, bitter) start to disappear it can be a sign of Parkinson's. Might want to have her checked? Malnutrition/starvation is actually one of the leading mortality factors for Parkies. No tastee, no eatie.

And as long as I'm here - chicken wings! WTF?!? When I was younger these things were called CAT FOOD! What'll they be foisting on us next? Necks?

Side note: chicken feet are considered a delicacy in China and they buy most of what we used to discard as unsuitable even for cat food.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:52 AM   #144
Flutterby68
My Cups Runneth Over

Flutterby68 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesFlutterby68 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesFlutterby68 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Ketchup on eggs (particularly over-easy eggs) that gets all gloppy and gross. Also, ketchup on hash browns. Basically, I think ketchup is NOT for breakfast.

Dipping french fries into a milkshake. Ew.

And my all-time-most-disgusting EVER.. my ex husband used to mix scoops of vanilla ice cream.. with BEER. OMG yuck.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not. (me)
Flutterby68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:52 AM   #145
Tooz
sweet chocolate christ

Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutterby68 View Post
Ketchup on eggs (particularly over-easy eggs) that gets all gloppy and gross. Also, ketchup on hash browns. Basically, I think ketchup is NOT for breakfast.

Dipping french fries into a milkshake. Ew.

And my all-time-most-disgusting EVER.. my ex husband used to mix scoops of vanilla ice cream.. with BEER. OMG yuck.
I had ice cream made with beer. It was amazing.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:35 AM   #146
Frankie
No longer a member

Frankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
...heres one...pork chops...just the mere existence...gag lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossystate View Post
Damn. You actually said that to your Grandma?

I say that if after 50 years a person refuses to cook for themselves...if the food that someone has kindly made them is so hideous...then they deserve to go hungry.
I only wish my Grandma was still alive and would cook some pork chops, sauerkraut, and boiled potatoes or sauerbraten and spaetzle. Or rouladen. And I would kill for one of her doughnuts, peach or apple tarts, and Christmas cookies. Even a bad French dip if I could see my grandparents again just once more.

Sorry. Back to food travesties.
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 05:43 PM   #147
Esther
Queen Black Acid

Now I feel like a total bitch for saying my grandmother is a bad cook. But honestly... if a person is a bad cook, they are a bad cook. (I'm one too.) It doesn't mean I love her any less or that I'd sit there and make her feel bad about it... nor would I ever refuse to eat something she's made me.
And for the record, I don't eat poultry, beef or pork at all anyway and she's aware of that so I've never tried her creepy chicken pot pie with bones. It just blows my mind that she and my grandfather enjoy that meal.

Last edited by Esther; 10-03-2009 at 05:47 PM.
Old 10-03-2009, 07:18 PM   #148
buttbooger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft View Post
ABSOLUTELY!! I love ribs without sauce. btw, welcome to Dims!
Thank you for the welcome
Old 10-06-2009, 12:54 PM   #149
katorade

katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esther View Post
Now I feel like a total bitch for saying my grandmother is a bad cook. But honestly... if a person is a bad cook, they are a bad cook. (I'm one too.) It doesn't mean I love her any less or that I'd sit there and make her feel bad about it... nor would I ever refuse to eat something she's made me.
And for the record, I don't eat poultry, beef or pork at all anyway and she's aware of that so I've never tried her creepy chicken pot pie with bones. It just blows my mind that she and my grandfather enjoy that meal.
Aww, don't feel bad. My Meemah is pretty bad, too. Only when she gets "experimental" and veers away from recipes she knows. I went to see her one day with a friend of mine, and after swimming in the pool for a while, we came inside to have dinner. The woman had formed chicken cordon bleu in a ring, filled the center with stuffing, dumped cream of mushroom soup on top, and lined the whole affair with pineapple rings. It must have been "spring cleaning the cabinets" day, yyyyyyyikes.
katorade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 05:34 PM   #150
buttbooger

here is an awsome food travesty-I say awsome because it's sooo gross it makes a great story

When I was about 10, my Mom pre-cooked some burger patties to store in the freezer. Good thinking for tough times. BUT she also included adding dry chow-mein noodles into those patties. Sooo when I took out a patty and put all the fixins on it, I took a bite and these long grey soggy wormy things came out with the bite. I fed it to the dog, told mom it was good, went upstairs, stole some change, told mom I was going outside to play, then went to Burgerking. Mom wasnt the kind of person you say "this is nasty" or "im not hungry" to. You ate or got your ass wooped or grounded, lol.