Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 08-30-2009, 09:47 AM   #1
katherine22

katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Double Standard of Sexual Conduct

There has existed in our culture and remains prevalent in other cultures "the double standard of sexual conduct" where men can address their sexual needs with impunity, and women can address their sexual needs within a committed relationship or marriage and to veer outside those contexts for women is to be judged harshly. Does the "double standard of sexual conduct" still resonate with younger women today? Do women still judge other women harshly who operate outside sexual societal norms? Do you think that fat women are perceived to be more sexual or is that a fantasy perpetrated by FAs?

Queen Elizabeth I residing within.

If I continue to eat I will grow as big as a room.
"What are rooms for?":bow:
katherine22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 10:25 AM   #2
Linda
Just Chillaxin.

Linda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Linda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Linda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Linda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Linda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Linda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Linda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Linda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Linda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Linda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Linda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I think that fat women are perceived as more sexual out of desperation. People think we are easy because we can't get a decent man to love us so we will get ours wherever we can. Is it true? In some instances yes but you also have that skinny women or ugly women or drop dead gorgeous women. If a woman does not think highly of herself then she will tend to throw herself into destructive situation after destructive situation.
Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 01:38 PM   #3
BubbleButtBabe
No one cares anyway

BubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging in

See that is where I differ in thought...To me having sex for sex's sake is not destructive behavior..I mean we all need orgasms,our bodies thrive off of them..To me there is nothing destructive about having multiple sexual partners as long as you are having safe sex..I know I have been called a slut a few times in my life but I truly never saw myself that way..I just loved the way my body reacted during sex and craved more of it,but then again I have been divorced since hector was a pup and spot didn't give a shit..

Only two miracles are worth seeing:
The miracle of loving
And
The miracle of forgiving-Sri Chinmoy
BubbleButtBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 03:07 PM   #4
Teleute
Heh heh. "Member".

Teleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging in

I think the difference between your situation and the one Linda describes is not the behavior, but the motivation behind it. Having a lot of sex with multiple partners because you enjoy it, don't have any emotional hangups around it, and know how to have safe sex and get tested regularly: healthy and awesome! Having a lot of sex with multiple partners because you feel worthless and you're looking for someone to show you positive attention because it makes you feel like you're not quite so hideous: not so healthy, and decidedly NOT awesome. Also, women in the second category are more likely to give in to someone pushing for unsafe sexual practices, and therefore put themselves at more physical risk as well.
Teleute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 03:37 PM   #5
Keb
Princess

Keb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Keb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Keb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Keb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Keb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Keb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Keb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Keb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Keb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Keb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Keb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I personally try to hold men and women both to the same standard...but I'm in the "sex is for marriage" camp, regardless of what bits you happen to have to bring to it. So, for me, male or female, sex outside of marriage is wrong; understandable in our culture due to the state of marriage as a whole, but still wrong.

(And yes, most people do need sex, most people are healthier with an active sex life--I just happen to believe that means most people should be married. ...and find it amazingly frustrating that marriage doesn't even seem to be on the horizon for myself.)
Old 08-30-2009, 05:11 PM   #6
katherine22

katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleute View Post
I think the difference between your situation and the one Linda describes is not the behavior, but the motivation behind it. Having a lot of sex with multiple partners because you enjoy it, don't have any emotional hangups around it, and know how to have safe sex and get tested regularly: healthy and awesome! Having a lot of sex with multiple partners because you feel worthless and you're looking for someone to show you positive attention because it makes you feel like you're not quite so hideous: not so healthy, and decidedly NOT awesome. Also, women in the second category are more likely to give in to someone pushing for unsafe sexual practices, and therefore put themselves at more physical risk as well.
You make a good point about the difference in motivation. You suggest that some women can have multiple sexual partners since they enjoy sex and act responsibly regarding safe sex practices. However, according to a lot of relationship advisors, women are given a lot of rules of don't have sex on the first date or the male will never consider you marriage material. The double standard of sexual conduct means that rules are imposed on women's sexual behavior, and I wonder if there is a price a woman pays to be in conflict about addressing her sexual needs for fear of judgment.

Old 08-31-2009, 06:03 AM   #7
Tau
IXAMXDECADENCE

Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Have you watched Cruel Intentions with Ryan Phillpe and Sarah Michelle Gellar? (pls excuse the probably incorrect spelling) The heroine was a virgin, and sworn to stay that way till she got married and the villainess was a coke sniffing 'slut' who'd been dumped numerous times by men who'd slept with her and then found more virginal girlfriends to committ to. The stereotypes still hold very true today. Just the way young men and women speak about sexual activity tells you that - chicks 'sleep around' while guys 'score'.

The female body is not meant to have sexual appetite or desire. Culturally it is still considered up to the female in the relationship to be sensible, to 'respect herself' and not allow whatever randy young man she's with to 'take advantage of her.' Women are still taught, over and over again, that they have real power, which is marrying power, as long as they remain virginal and that they forfeit that right once they've lost their hymens.

We've had several awful stories come to light in the papers recently, all involving Mixit and teenagers under 16. Cases where school girls created slut lists about school mates and posted them online and on Mixit. One particularly awful story is where a 16 year old girl was filmed having sex with 7 school boys. They of course shared this on Mixit. When her parents found out they took it to the courts and her father claimed the boys involved raped her. I watched that video - no raping was involved. It's almost as if nobody could believe that a girl could enjoy a sexual experience as extreme as that and the only way she could have possible agreed to participate was if she was forced. The case was thrown out of court and the way the media and general public are speaking about this child is actually hair raising. It just showed me that we haven't come very far from stoning women accused of adultery And the boys who took part - heroes!

I think as women, friends, sisters and mothers we need to teach girls that their only power does not reside in their genitals or reproductive organs. We also need to teach them that it is perfectly fine to enjoy your sexuality, to relish the sexual act, as long as you do it safely - contraceptives and condoms are key. I also think that we need to stop making excuses for and about men and how hard they find it to control their penises...penii??

There are times I feel immense shame at being South African. An accused rapist is the leader of my country. The rape and abuse stats against women and children match those of Columbia during its war. There is so much hatred against women by men and by other women here that it honestly leaves me terrified. 6 of my close female friends have been raped more than once in childhood. Two of my aunts were gang raped and are raising children born as a result of that horror. I escaped being kidnapped and raped when I was 17 by the grace of God alone. And yet people will still speak as if rape is something the victims have incited and deserved. Look at what she was wearing! She had so much make up on! She wore a g-string! How does a 9 month old 'arouse' you to the point of rape ?

Anyway, I digress. I don't think anything has changed, not for the vast masses anyway.

Last edited by Tau; 08-31-2009 at 06:05 AM.
Tau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 05:18 PM   #8
katherine22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau View Post
The female body is not meant to have sexual appetite or desire. Culturally it is still considered up to the female in the relationship to be sensible, to 'respect herself' and not allow whatever randy young man she's with to 'take advantage of her.' Women are still taught, over and over again, that they have real power, which is marrying power, as long as they remain virginal and that they forfeit that right once they've lost their hymens.

We've had several awful stories come to light in the papers recently, all involving Mixit and teenagers under 16. Cases where school girls created slut lists about school mates and posted them online and on Mixit. One particularly awful story is where a 16 year old girl was filmed having sex with 7 school boys. They of course shared this on Mixit. When her parents found out they took it to the courts and her father claimed the boys involved raped her. I watched that video - no raping was involved. It's almost as if nobody could believe that a girl could enjoy a sexual experience as extreme as that and the only way she could have possible agreed to participate was if she was forced. The case was thrown out of court and the way the media and general public are speaking about this child is actually hair raising. It just showed me that we haven't come very far from stoning women accused of adultery And the boys who took part - heroes!

I think as women, friends, sisters and mothers we need to teach girls that their only power does not reside in their genitals or reproductive organs. We also need to teach them that it is perfectly fine to enjoy your sexuality, to relish the sexual act, as long as you do it safely - contraceptives and condoms are key. I also think that we need to stop making excuses for and about men and how hard they find it to control their penises...penii??

There are times I feel immense shame at being South African. An accused rapist is the leader of my country. The rape and abuse stats against women and children match those of Columbia during its war. There is so much hatred against women by men and by other women here that it honestly leaves me terrified. 6 of my close female friends have been raped more than once in childhood. Two of my aunts were gang raped and are raising children born as a result of that horror. I escaped being kidnapped and raped when I was 17 by the grace of God alone. And yet people will still speak as if rape is something the victims have incited and deserved. Look at what she was wearing! She had so much make up on! She wore a g-string! How does a 9 month old 'arouse' you to the point of rape ?

Anyway, I digress. I don't think anything has changed, not for the vast masses anyway.

You are right, Tau. Unless women take control of their sexual power and view male assessment of their behavior as the only valid assessment rape as a form of women control will prevail. Women have a right to enjoy their sexuality and the moral judgments that men confer on women who are sexual is a form of control.

Old 09-01-2009, 04:54 AM   #9
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keb View Post
I personally try to hold men and women both to the same standard...but I'm in the "sex is for marriage" camp, regardless of what bits you happen to have to bring to it. So, for me, male or female, sex outside of marriage is wrong; understandable in our culture due to the state of marriage as a whole, but still wrong.

(And yes, most people do need sex, most people are healthier with an active sex life--I just happen to believe that means most people should be married. ...and find it amazingly frustrating that marriage doesn't even seem to be on the horizon for myself.)
Doesn't this mean that gay people don't get to have sex in America? Or are there different rules regarding those who are not allowed to be married?
Old 09-01-2009, 04:53 PM   #10
Keb
Princess

Keb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Keb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Keb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Keb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Keb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Keb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Keb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Keb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Keb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Keb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Keb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergirl View Post
Doesn't this mean that gay people don't get to have sex in America? Or are there different rules regarding those who are not allowed to be married?
Do you really want to open that debate here? It's asking for flameness.

My answer would be: Does the government issuing a document really make a marriage exist, or is it possible that marriage is something more than that?

Which isn't much of an answer, but it's the best I've got.

Buuuuuuuuuuut...if you want to bring it back on topic, I think the double standard is even weirder with gay couples--male couples are far more taboo than female in society as a whole, for example. It's almost a reversal of the hetero standard, yet the root of it is probably still masculine desires (straight guys thinking lesbians are hot, and homosexual men icky).

Last edited by Keb; 09-01-2009 at 04:55 PM.
Keb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 04:20 AM   #11
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keb View Post
Do you really want to open that debate here? It's asking for flameness.

My answer would be: Does the government issuing a document really make a marriage exist, or is it possible that marriage is something more than that?

Which isn't much of an answer, but it's the best I've got.

Buuuuuuuuuuut...if you want to bring it back on topic, I think the double standard is even weirder with gay couples--male couples are far more taboo than female in society as a whole, for example. It's almost a reversal of the hetero standard, yet the root of it is probably still masculine desires (straight guys thinking lesbians are hot, and homosexual men icky).
I don't want any flames. Just to be able to have sex outside marrage without it being deemed "Wrong" or even better to be aforded the right to actually be allowed to marry in the first place. I speak on behalf of my American friends who are not allowed this basic human right. Over here we are allowed to be married.
hmmmm, see i only think gay males are seen as 'icky' by 'some' hetrosexual men (In my experience, and i feel it is possibly something to do with a fear of anal). Have you never seen 'sex in the city' or any show with a group of females -they all have gay male best friends. Ive never known any females to find gay males 'icky' (well unless they had some predjudice to begin with). Also, its not true that straight guys find lesbians hot-They find hetrosexual women pretending to be lesbians in porno hot. If most hetro guys were faced with the reality of a butch androgynous lesbian if anything they feel slighty threatened. Men cant have real lesbians and when they realise that the fantasy is somewhat diminished. I do agree there is a double standard though. I have met very few women who want to watch gay men having sex while it seems to be in the top 3 male fantasies to watch two women having sex.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:39 AM   #12
Mies

Mies can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMies can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

The "double standard" that you posit varies widely in its applicability among different groups - our culture is far too fragmented for the type of "one size fits all" morality that characterized our culture in the grey flannel suit era. A man might be looked down upon in certain conservative religious groups for sleeping around. Do you belong to one of them? If your peer group doesn't accept your actions, maybe you're in the wrong group. Of course, you're pretty much stuck with your family, but even families are not monolithic - you'll find some aunt to agree with you even if your cousin doesn't.

Katherine, you post these "provocative" questions with amazing regularity, trying to make some sort of point or continue an agenda, but there is a certain staleness to them: they ask questions that might best have been asked back in the 70's and are less relevant today. Things have changed.

Look at the acceptance of gays in our culture. Sure, some people are never going to be OK with that, but so what? Unlike in previous times, if you're not related to them, you can pretty much write them off and move on. Why do you expect to change everyone? Isn't it enough to be free to do what you want? Whose opinion do you treasure more than your own?
Mies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 06:48 AM   #13
mergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by katherine22 View Post
There has existed in our culture and remains prevalent in other cultures "the double standard of sexual conduct" where men can address their sexual needs with impunity, and women can address their sexual needs within a committed relationship or marriage and to veer outside those contexts for women is to be judged harshly. Does the "double standard of sexual conduct" still resonate with younger women today? Do women still judge other women harshly who operate outside sexual societal norms? Do you think that fat women are perceived to be more sexual or is that a fantasy perpetrated by FAs?
I have actually noticed on here that people are judged harshly if they have nothing of substance in any of thier other posts other that sex. I think this is true of both male and females. I think that women and men who have proved themselves not to just be after one thing are supported and encouraged here as far as thier sexuality goes. I am talking of fat sexuality and Fa sexuality, other sub catagories i feel can still be judged depending on various factors regardless of how the poster comes across in other threads. I could be wrong, but it seems that way.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:29 AM   #14
Ruffie

Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!

I find it is till alive and well here in today's society. A man can have many conquests and he is a stud, a mans man! A woman is sexually aggressive/ progressive and has multiple partners and she is a slut. I have gotten into many arguments with guys who say "If I have a daughter she is going to be locked up in the house till she is 25!" Why can't she enjoy herself, learn what she likes and doesn't, just as your son's will be expected to? Their response almost always is "well I know how I was at that age and have to protect my daughter"! That's being a hypocrite in my mind and I tell them so. I work with teens and while I know the dangers of whats out there for the girls and tell them how to protect themselves, I don't treat them any different than the males when discussing the issues around sex. In fact the guys get told no glove no love should be your rule. Ohh too bad it doesn't feel as good without it suck it up and use a condom! I joke with them it will make them last longer too for the gals cause that can be a problem at your age lol. I remind them they have sisters, mothers, cousins and aunts who they would want to be respected so they should do the same for women. For the girls its about deciding what YOU want. Not being pressured to do something to fit in, make a guy like you/stay with you. Its about doing what is right for you and you alone.

I have been friends with a couple of self professed sluts in my life. Maybe they had issues that contributed to this thats not for me to judge or say. Plenty of other people judged them, and wondered why I hung with them. I just smiled and said I am living vicariously through them.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:17 PM   #15
superodalisque

superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.

heck yeah there is a double standard. society percieves it as some kind of a threat if a woman is sexually demanding herself. i think people are frightened by the sexual power of women. i feel there are some people who are angered by the sway thier attraction to women holds over thier lives. i don't know if its a stereotype or not on my side of things but i don't feel that women are as dominated by thoughts of sex as men are even if we do love sex and enjoy sex. or maybe it just appears to be that way. its hard to say.

okay this is gonna sound really old fashioned so brace yourself. but i think some of the double standards that have evolved also have the potential to serve a woman well. maybe they were originally to reinforce the power of men but it seems that women can find a way to make any system benefit them at least to some extent. i find myself thinking about the cow giving the milk scenario a lot. women now tend to give guys everything and get nothing in return. they have thier beautiful sexuality, they bring emotional caring and income. the children they can have are a kind of immortality for a guy. they seem to often commit thier entire selves to a relationship they are in. but what is required of guys? not much these days it seems. culturally it seems okay if they can show up be crass and underachieving. we are supposed to feel sorry fo them or be tolerant of that.

i find it kind of interesting that other men in our lives who love us would never chose such men for us. my brothers always want to know what someone's intentions are; what they do for a living, what kind of family they come from and the kind of people they spend time with. do they know something we don't know? now dating ettiquette says a guy shouldn't even meet our family until much later, we can't talk politics or religion etc... in other words anything that informs us of who we are dealing with and how they think. women are just supposed to flirt vapidly and talk about sex in a none threatening way. we are supposed to sleep with him before we know if he even wants the kind of relationship that we do. we are supposed to lay ourselves and our hearts open to people who might have no other intention than misusing us. but we are in no way supposed to ask about anything that really concerns us. we might "scare him away".

the other night we were talking about how to get a guy to behave nicely toward a woman in chat the other night and a guy friend of ours said bluntly "stop having sex with him". maybe some problems that we have come from giving too much to guys who give too little. maybe the double standard serves as part of a situation that shows a man that he has to do some work to recieve our attention and it won't just be handed to him. he has a responsibiity as well in the double standard. i think that half of the double standard has been done away with and all women seem to be lef with is the part that they are subject to. even though the double standard restrains women is it possible that when it does so that it can allow us to set the terms of engagement if we make demands for the other side? do you think there are some aspects of it can be protective of us and our value and worth in society?

Last edited by superodalisque; 09-02-2009 at 02:44 PM.
superodalisque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 05:52 PM   #16
katherine22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffie View Post
I find it is till alive and well here in today's society. A man can have many conquests and he is a stud, a mans man! A woman is sexually aggressive/ progressive and has multiple partners and she is a slut. I have gotten into many arguments with guys who say "If I have a daughter she is going to be locked up in the house till she is 25!" Why can't she enjoy herself, learn what she likes and doesn't, just as your son's will be expected to? Their response almost always is "well I know how I was at that age and have to protect my daughter"! That's being a hypocrite in my mind and I tell them so. I work with teens and while I know the dangers of whats out there for the girls and tell them how to protect themselves, I don't treat them any different than the males when discussing the issues around sex. In fact the guys get told no glove no love should be your rule. Ohh too bad it doesn't feel as good without it suck it up and use a condom! I joke with them it will make them last longer too for the gals cause that can be a problem at your age lol. I remind them they have sisters, mothers, cousins and aunts who they would want to be respected so they should do the same for women. For the girls its about deciding what YOU want. Not being pressured to do something to fit in, make a guy like you/stay with you. Its about doing what is right for you and you alone.

I have been friends with a couple of self professed sluts in my life. Maybe they had issues that contributed to this thats not for me to judge or say. Plenty of other people judged them, and wondered why I hung with them. I just smiled and said I am living vicariously through them.
Good for you in treating boys and girls equally. What do you think it costs girls emotionally to think that if they have sexual urges they do not feel the same freedom to act on their needs. Why do we judge women for having sex?

Last edited by katherine22; 09-02-2009 at 05:53 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-02-2009, 05:56 PM   #17
katherine22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mies View Post
The "double standard" that you posit varies widely in its applicability among different groups - our culture is far too fragmented for the type of "one size fits all" morality that characterized our culture in the grey flannel suit era. A man might be looked down upon in certain conservative religious groups for sleeping around. Do you belong to one of them? If your peer group doesn't accept your actions, maybe you're in the wrong group. Of course, you're pretty much stuck with your family, but even families are not monolithic - you'll find some aunt to agree with you even if your cousin doesn't.

Katherine, you post these "provocative" questions with amazing regularity, trying to make some sort of point or continue an agenda, but there is a certain staleness to them: they ask questions that might best have been asked back in the 70's and are less relevant today. Things have changed.

Look at the acceptance of gays in our culture. Sure, some people are never going to be OK with that, but so what? Unlike in previous times, if you're not related to them, you can pretty much write them off and move on. Why do you expect to change everyone? Isn't it enough to be free to do what you want? Whose opinion do you treasure more than your own?

Miles if you find my questions so boring, tedious and stale - don't concern yourself with answering them. Shall I come to you for topic approval?

Old 09-02-2009, 06:13 PM   #18
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffie View Post
This is just a wonderful post, Ruth!

I love how I can feel all the energy you find to beat a drum, where some might just resign themselves to , " well, boys will be boys ". Brava.

My youngest sister has a 9 year ( will be 10 in Oct. ) niece, and we were talking about when she gets to date. My sister said that she can be dropped off ( by a parental unit...no older friends ) to see a movie with another ' couple ', when she is 13. She said it will be the same for her son, when he gets to be that age. I know this will be the case, as I know my sister. lol My brother-in-law will have to be on board with it. There will be no double standard when it comes to how sex is discussed, and the information passed to both children.

---

Mies...as a man, I don't know why you felt a need to come to the bbw forum to scold a bbw who put out a topic for people to discuss. There is no need for you to talk about it....but, as you think some of the subjects are best left to the history books....I would suggest you soak in some of what is said. You think things have changed so much, and you are so very wrong. Ruffie works with young people, and if you bothered to read what she said, this stuff is rooted....deeply. Start a thread elsewhere, to talk about your being ticked off.
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 06:59 PM   #19
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Yeah, I'm so sick of that double standard that I started sending random PMs to people with a picture of my vagina.

That'll teach them......

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 07:01 PM   #20
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:

Your opinion/point about "not worrying what other people think" might have been taken more serious if you weren't so quick to rush in to criticize the OP....as if she must care what you think

That being said, I think that women help to perpetuate a lot of these double standards. Women less open sexually judge other women that are sexually open, they shun and call them sluts and older generations (such as my mothers) taught that we should wait until marriage.
Women don't always back each other up like we should.

The only "message" I have given my oldest daughter is to wait until she is an adult and can understand/handle the consequences of sex, to always protect herself from disease/unwanted pregnancy and to respect herself and her choices....not letting others decide what is best for her.

And yeah, I'm with you Ruth. I cringe when people say "It's harder to raise daughters than sons". If I ask them to explain why, it seems to be some attitude about not letting them be sexually promiscuous or protecting them from men/pregnancy. You don't want to teach your sons the same? You don't want to know where your male child is at all times until he reaches adulthood? It's okay for your son to go around not using protection? You don't want him to wait until he's grown to have sex? It's "different"?

WTF?

Also good on you Ruth for reminding them that their loved ones are women, too. It seems to me that some males tend to separate "women" from the women they love. I don't get it......

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"

Last edited by Green Eyed Fairy; 09-02-2009 at 07:10 PM.
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 12:12 AM   #21
katherine22

Quote:
There seems to be a double standard about having an opinion around here. Oh well, I guess I should keep my thoughts to myself and just look pretty. My wife mentioned that she had some shirts that need ironing too.
You failed to appreciate that you were in a forum that was devoted to topics that were of interest to women. You behaved arrogantly and men of your ilk is the reason we need a BBW forum in the first place. You're certainly no example of wit and style - you would be better served at the paysite forum.

Old 09-03-2009, 06:31 AM   #22
BubbleButtBabe
No one cares anyway

BubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
There seems to be a double standard about having an opinion around here. Oh well, I guess I should keep my thoughts to myself and just look pretty. My wife mentioned that she had some shirts that need ironing too.
Before you ever posted to this forum you should have read the rules first..This is a protected BBW forum,where women can post what ever crosses their mind about issues concerning women..Men's opinions are welcome as long as they are not derogatory and are on topic..Instead you thought you had ever right to come in and criticize Katherine about her choice of topic..

Only two miracles are worth seeing:
The miracle of loving
And
The miracle of forgiving-Sri Chinmoy
BubbleButtBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 06:38 AM   #23
Tau
IXAMXDECADENCE

Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post
Yeah, I'm so sick of that double standard that I started sending random PMs to people with a picture of my vagina.

That'll teach them......

Ahahahaha! Can I have one if I ask nicely??
Old 09-03-2009, 08:21 AM   #24
katherine22

Quote:
I did read the rules first.

I wasn't off topic. I wasn't being derogatory. I was disagreeing with her on the relevance of the content of her topic. Many women openly post about their sexual escapades on these very boards. How often are they met with "You are an amoral slut for doing that. Sleeping around is something that only men are allowed to do"? Katherine is only a couple of years older than I am, so I can also remember a time when that might have happened. I don't see it happening now, do you?

You have a right to say that I am boring - big deal. If my topic is irrelevant why has it generated long responses by other women? Who the hell are you to decide what is interesting to talk about in a women's protected forum?

Old 09-03-2009, 08:29 AM   #25
fatgirlflyin
needs a vacation

fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
I did read the rules first.

I wasn't off topic. I wasn't being derogatory. I was disagreeing with her on the relevance of the content of her topic. Many women openly post about their sexual escapades on these very boards. How often are they met with "You are an amoral slut for doing that. Sleeping around is something that only men are allowed to do"? Katherine is only a couple of years older than I am, so I can also remember a time when that might have happened. I don't see it happening now, do you?
It does happen, usually among women.

Sure plenty of women openly discuss their sexual excapades on these boards, but how many of them ever make note that they were all with different men? If I were to make 50 posts talking about different sexual experiences with 50 different men you could bet your sweet ass I'd be labeled a slut in a hot second.

I'd have lots of men messaging me trying to "get to know me" because of course to have fucked 50 men I must be easy, and women pming each other behind my back talking about what a slut I am and that's why its so hard for girls to find a good guy when whores like me just give it up without making the guy wait for it.