Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 09-03-2009, 09:16 AM   #51
katorade

katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I'm going to start mailing anthrax if I see a certain word uttered again.

It's one thing to be a happy, cheerful person. It's another thing entirely to simultaneously shove how great your life is in others' faces while saying you don't "get" what everyone's bitching about, or why everyone else has it so bad, because apparently your entire life is sunshine and roses.

Being able to regale people with stories of your perfect fat life isn't helping people cope with difficulties they have in their own lives. It's actually kind of rude. Nobody is kicking you in the ass for being positive, it's the perceived lack of empathy that comes across in your posts, whether you realize it or not. JMO.
katorade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:37 AM   #52
Mies

Mies can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMies can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by katorade View Post
I'm going to start mailing anthrax if I see a certain word uttered again.
I'm with you there!
Mies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 05:16 PM   #53
FaxMachine1234
you know it

FaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Oh for crying out loud, people are allowed to inadvertently mention they have nice things without everyone jumping on their back about it. Are the people with houses supposed to hide that information so they don't piss off people who can only afford apartments? If this site is ultimately about accepting, then that doesn't mean carping on another poster's ability to go on vacations.

As for the OP, I'm sorry but I think the percentage of FAs to people who prefer more slender men or women isn't very favorable when you're just picking people out of the crowd in metropolitan areas. But if you're engaged, then you should be pretty happy about that!
FaxMachine1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 05:20 PM   #54
KHayes666
Go away

KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaxMachine1234 View Post
Oh for crying out loud, people are allowed to inadvertently mention they have nice things without everyone jumping on their back about it. Are the people with houses supposed to hide that information so they don't piss off people who can only afford apartments? If this site is ultimately about accepting, then that doesn't mean carping on another poster's ability to go on vacations.

As for the OP, I'm sorry but I think the percentage of FAs to people who prefer more slender men or women isn't very favorable when you're just picking people out of the crowd in metropolitan areas. But if you're engaged, then you should be pretty happy about that!
I agree with the first statement, however there's a difference in mentioning that things are good and saying "i just moved in a 3 acre mansion with my perfect husband and wonderful children, oh wow i am so happy and did i mention our porche can hold all 4 of us on our vacation to Disneyworld?"

As for the OP, don't bother. I doubt that person is coming back
Old 09-03-2009, 05:28 PM   #55
FaxMachine1234
you know it

FaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHayes666 View Post
I agree with the first statement, however there's a difference in mentioning that things are good and saying "i just moved in a 3 acre mansion with my perfect husband and wonderful children, oh wow i am so happy and did i mention our porche can hold all 4 of us on our vacation to Disneyworld?"
Yeah, that's the same thing as mentioning that you were in Acapulco once.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:29 PM   #56
KHayes666
Go away

KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Aww come on, that was one time and you promised me you'd never drink Tequila and sing Steely Dan again!

Grrr
Old 09-03-2009, 05:30 PM   #57
Lolita13
On Timeout

Lolita13 has said some nice things

wow, sorry I posted and people misread me.And to assume thing about me that you dont know. Who ever said the prome queen this was very rude and cruel. If you really liked biger women would you say my gaining weight was bad karma? Anyway, no I am not happy I gained the weight. There I said it. Does everyone hate me now? Should I lie and say , that Im happy in this skin I am in. Any of you other fuler figured women, if given the chance to be thinner, would you? I feel attacked, really? I posted because I am depressed about this. I cant get help anywhere. I dont want to leave my house and see anyone. My heart hurt s everyday and I cry. sorry if it seems " shallow" to you, but I hate myself this way. I am treated very badly by this. You just dont know. I came here for maybe some acceptance and because I havent been 100 percent pro fat, Im blasted. Great. I cant even make jokes in other threads and have people read them wrongly. You people here are no better that the people that treat me like a lower human for gaining weight.
Lolita13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 05:31 PM   #58
FaxMachine1234
you know it

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHayes666 View Post
Aww come on, that was one time and you promised me you'd never drink Tequila and sing Steely Dan again!

Grrr

Hey, Steely Dan's forever, man! FOREVER!
Old 09-03-2009, 05:39 PM   #59
KHayes666
Go away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolita13 View Post
wow, sorry I posted and people misread me.And to assume thing about me that you dont know. Who ever said the prome queen this was very rude and cruel. If you really liked biger women would you say my gaining weight was bad karma? Anyway, no I am not happy I gained the weight. There I said it. Does everyone hate me now? Should I lie and say , that Im happy in this skin I am in. Any of you other fuler figured women, if given the chance to be thinner, would you? I feel attacked, really? I posted because I am depressed about this. I cant get help anywhere. I dont want to leave my house and see anyone. My heart hurt s everyday and I cry. sorry if it seems " shallow" to you, but I hate myself this way. I am treated very badly by this. You just dont know. I came here for maybe some acceptance and because I havent been 100 percent pro fat, Im blasted. Great. I cant even make jokes in other threads and have people read them wrongly. You people here are no better that the people that treat me like a lower human for gaining weight.
That's exactly why no one has sympathy for you. In your posts you have denounced being fat, anyone who's into feederism and have said how bad being fat is.

What it seemed like to us was that you are not going to accept anyone else for their beliefs and their wants, but you want everyone to accept you. That sounds pretty selfish and undeserving of acceptance.

A lot of people may or may not want to be thinner, but the point is a lot of them can and already are HAPPY the size they are. You only see the negative aspects of things because it sounds like your life is full of negatives, meanwhile for someone else they could be as happy as can be.

What you did was you walked into an acceptance forum and made it sound like you weren't going to accept people who either wanted to be fat, or were happy at the size they are. If you're not going accept men and women for wanting to be fat, men and women who like the men and women for being fat and in general people that are happy....why should we accept you?
Old 09-03-2009, 05:42 PM   #60
Lolita13
On Timeout

Also. yes I have a very caring man in my life. But I cannot get my self esteem from him alone. Wanting possitive attention from humans is very natural for me. I am a very social person and having EVEYONE around me reacting so negative to my weight has brought me down. Please try and open your minds to another aspect to all of this.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:59 PM   #61
StarWitness
part square, part drape

StarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Also. yes I have a very caring man in my life. But I cannot get my self esteem from him alone. Wanting possitive attention from humans is very natural for me. I am a very social person and having EVEYONE around me reacting so negative to my weight has brought me down. Please try and open your minds to another aspect to all of this.
Look, I'm the same way. I've never been the Pretty Girl (tm), but I crave other people's approval. And in the long term, it's been very damaging. I've come to the realization that I can't live my life this way, and I'm trying very hard to change.

You can't rely on other people. Other people's opinions change. Other people go away. You are the only constant in your life. If you want long-term peace of mind on any level, it has to come from an internal source.

I've always been a guy with a sweet tooth, and that girl's just like a king-size candy bar...
--Sleater-Kinney
StarWitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 06:04 PM   #62
Rowan
wickedly delicious

Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

If you dont like something...CHANGE IT.

If you dont like being fat...either accept it or lose weight.

If you dont like not getting attention from other men, dump your fiance, put on some makeup, dress up in an flattering outfit.

פפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפ

~*~And I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had
~*~
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 06:06 PM   #63
nykspree8
Rico Sauce

nykspree8 is a member of the 500 clubnykspree8 is a member of the 500 clubnykspree8 is a member of the 500 clubnykspree8 is a member of the 500 clubnykspree8 is a member of the 500 clubnykspree8 is a member of the 500 club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan View Post

If you dont like not getting attention from other men, dump your fiance, put on some makeup, dress up in an flattering outfit.
What she said!
nykspree8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 06:21 PM   #64
TraciJo67
On Timeout

TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Dude. That isn't what happened, at all, and methinx you already know it.
TraciJo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 06:53 PM   #65
katorade

katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

*mails a letter to TraciJo*
Old 09-03-2009, 07:00 PM   #66
Lolita13
On Timeout

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarWitness View Post
Look, I'm the same way. I've never been the Pretty Girl (tm), but I crave other people's approval. And in the long term, it's been very damaging. I've come to the realization that I can't live my life this way, and I'm trying very hard to change.

You can't rely on other people. Other people's opinions change. Other people go away. You are the only constant in your life. If you want long-term peace of mind on any level, it has to come from an internal source.
I agree. Im trying hard to do this. Its hard to feel good when people stare at me and then say wow you blew up. Granted I am around very shallow people . I work in a fashion oriented buisness and being fat is worse than dying to these people. I just want to be healthy and happy at what ever weight. Its hard seeing how mean ppl can be ab out weight gain. Its my personal issue. I guess this isnt the forum for any kind of support . I thought maybe it would be, some one might be or went thru what I went thru and would offer words of wisdom. But I see many bitter ppl here. The comments have been rude and not helpfull . I have empathy towards people . I guess this isnt a place to ask questions or gain insight on what I am going thru!
Old 09-03-2009, 07:01 PM   #67
Lolita13
On Timeout

Quote:

I didnt know LIFE was so cut and dry. Its really easy to lose weight? Y would I dump my fiance? Again someone else that doesnt understand this post but makes a comment.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:05 PM   #68
TraciJo67
On Timeout

TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
*mails a letter to TraciJo*
Damn, but it's a catchy turn of a phrase. Must I stop? Must I?
Old 09-03-2009, 07:07 PM   #69
TraciJo67
On Timeout

Quote:
I didnt know LIFE was so cut and dry. Its really easy to lose weight? Y would I dump my fiance? Again someone else that doesnt understand this post but makes a comment.
Lolita, please consider posting about your experiences on the BBW board. It is a protected area, and I know that you would receive kinder and far more empathetic responses there. Don't give up on Dims -- I know you are new, and this can seem (and be) a brutal place, but once you find your niche ... it's worth it. Opening yourself up and expressing vulnerability about your weight and your self-esteem is probably not a good idea on the Weight Board area, for reasons that I won't go into (they will become rather self-evident if you do spend more time here). Please -- consider posting on the BBW board.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:08 PM   #70
katorade

Quote:
I agree. Im trying hard to do this. Its hard to feel good when people stare at me and then say wow you blew up. Granted I am around very shallow people . I work in a fashion oriented buisness and being fat is worse than dying to these people. I just want to be healthy and happy at what ever weight. Its hard seeing how mean ppl can be ab out weight gain. Its my personal issue. I guess this isnt the forum for any kind of support . I thought maybe it would be, some one might be or went thru what I went thru and would offer words of wisdom. But I see many bitter ppl here. The comments have been rude and not helpfull . I have empathy towards people . I guess this isnt a place to ask questions or gain insight on what I am going thru!
Maybe you should get better friends. Seriously, I don't mean that to be mean. You see, the majority of us have been in the position you're in now for most of our lives, and we already know people suck for the most part, so you're just preaching to the choir.

If you want to be healthy and happy at whatever weight, that's fine, but you have to put YOURSELF in that position and not just be upset about it and expect any amount of coddling or support to get it for you. Don't expect to come on here and say how much you hate being fat because of the way people look at you when your audience here IS fat. It's not a very good way to garner any support.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:10 PM   #71
Rowan
wickedly delicious

Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Its easy to lose weight if you put your mind to it, yes.

What kind of support were you looking for when you come in here bitching about how you people have made comments about your size when you've gained and you work in a fashion occupation...were people to say "oh damn those fashionistas and not changing their views to suit your weight gain!". Get a clue. If you dont like the comments, change careers and get new friends who arent so shallow. And perhaps not EVERYONE around you is being negative about your weight gain, perhaps thats all you're choosing to see.

You would dump your fiancee so that you can quit whining about men not paying attention to you. As many men in this thread have already pointed out...men dont go for women with a ring on their finger. DUH. Bitching and complaining that there are no FA's around to flatter you...why the hell should they when you're wearing an engagement ring!

Im sure you would find encouragement if you actually had an issue worth lending encouragement to. I know i sure as hell wouldnt encourage a woman who seems like her fiancee isnt enough and she needs more male attention.

פפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפ

~*~And I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had
~*~
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 07:14 PM   #72
Carrie

Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Its easy to lose weight if you put your mind to it, yes.
If that's been your personal experience with weight loss attempts, okay, but wow, not true for a lot, lot, lot of people.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:24 PM   #73
Lolita13
On Timeout

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraciJo67 View Post
Lolita, please consider posting about your experiences on the BBW board. It is a protected area, and I know that you would receive kinder and far more empathetic responses there. Don't give up on Dims -- I know you are new, and this can seem (and be) a brutal place, but once you find your niche ... it's worth it. Opening yourself up and expressing vulnerability about your weight and your self-esteem is probably not a good idea on the Weight Board area, for reasons that I won't go into (they will become rather self-evident if you do spend more time here). Please -- consider posting on the BBW board.
Hi, thanks. Where can I find this BBW board? It is on this site. I will look around. Thanks again
Old 09-03-2009, 07:26 PM   #74
TraciJo67
On Timeout

Quote:
Hi, thanks. Where can I find this BBW board? It is on this site. I will look around. Thanks again
Right here, Lolita. Please introduce yourself in the roll-call thread, and please do consider posting there!
Old 09-03-2009, 07:27 PM   #75
Lolita13
On Timeout

Quote:
Maybe you should get better friends. Seriously, I don't mean that to be mean. You see, the majority of us have been in the position you're in now for most of our lives, and we already know people suck for the most part, so you're just preaching to the choir.

If you want to be healthy and happy at whatever weight, that's fine, but you have to put YOURSELF in that position and not just be upset about it and expect any amount of coddling or support to get it for you. Don't expect to come on here and say how much you hate being fat because of the way people look at you when your audience here IS fat. It's not a very good way to garner any support.
Yes, I guess this wasnt the best place for my post. I dont know if I hate being fat, I hate the negativity and the stigmas. I dont if I hate "being fat". Is the things that go along with it, if you can understand?