Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 09-08-2009, 07:30 PM   #1
Fat.n.sassy
CelebratingNeurodiversity

Fat.n.sassy knows EXACTLY what's going onFat.n.sassy knows EXACTLY what's going onFat.n.sassy knows EXACTLY what's going onFat.n.sassy knows EXACTLY what's going onFat.n.sassy knows EXACTLY what's going onFat.n.sassy knows EXACTLY what's going on
Default BBW Body Idiosyncrasies

I'd like to hear from women about things like perspiration (heavy), belly apron jiggle, under belly 'burps', etc...

Do we all have certain shared experience as large ladies or is it all individual?
Fat.n.sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 07:37 PM   #2
Fat.n.sassy

Fat.n.sassy knows EXACTLY what's going onFat.n.sassy knows EXACTLY what's going onFat.n.sassy knows EXACTLY what's going onFat.n.sassy knows EXACTLY what's going onFat.n.sassy knows EXACTLY what's going onFat.n.sassy knows EXACTLY what's going on

I guess I'll be the 1st one to reply. I mentioned belly apron burps and perspiration, they are things that I experience. Hairstyles and make-up are challenging to me due to heavy perspiration. I probably don't have to explain the belly apron burps.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:56 PM   #3
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

I used to have a LOT of trouble with a sweaty face and scalp. Even in cool weather, the sweat would literally pour off my head and face in rivulets during any level of physical activity. I wouldn't be overexerted or out of breath, just really sweaty. I remember going to a supermarket and the sweating started right after I walked in, and by the time I got to the checkout line it was so bad, that the cashier asked if I was having a heart attack or something and needed them to call an ambulance. After that, I started carrying a couple soft old cotton handkerchiefs with me wherever I went to be able to mop the sweat up. It seems like it had something to do with PCOS because once I got my hormones and insulin resistance under control, it wasn't quite so bad anymore.

Now, it's better, and I have also amassed a stack of cotton handkerchiefs to take care of it and keep some in my purse, some in my car, some in my husband's car. But the strange part, it is only ever off my head and face. The rest of my body is almost completely sweat-free. Even when I am outside in 90+ degree temperatures. Weird.

Tracy
Old 09-08-2009, 09:26 PM   #4
annabellethecat

annabellethecat can now change their title
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat.n.sassy View Post
I'd like to hear from women about things like perspiration (heavy), belly apron jiggle, under belly 'burps', etc...

Do we all have certain shared experience as large ladies or is it all individual?
I have a lot of trouble with sweating,especially because I live in a desert climate where it can reach 114 in the summer. My worst trouble spots are under my breasts and my panties area, sorry if TMI I try to cope by going braless at home amd changing into dry panties when needed.
annabellethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:25 PM   #5
kayrae
doot doot doot

kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!

This thread makes me laugh. Specifically because I have recently realized that I am a sweaty person. I just happen to not sweat profusely because I live in SF, a city that's hardly ever hot. Take me out of this city and I sweat like crazy, especially the back of my legs. It can get embarrassing when I'm sitting down because the chair I'm sitting on gets wet. I'm self-conscious about that.
kayrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:49 PM   #6
Tracii

Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

The only place I sweat is under my bewbs but only when its "as hot a July jam" outside. when saying that pronounce July as JOOO LIE.Thats how we say it in the not so deep south.

Last edited by Tracii; 09-08-2009 at 10:51 PM.
Tracii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 11:51 PM   #7
Teleute
Heh heh. "Member".

Teleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayrae View Post
This thread makes me laugh. Specifically because I have recently realized that I am a sweaty person. I just happen to not sweat profusely because I live in SF, a city that's hardly ever hot. Take me out of this city and I sweat like crazy, especially the back of my legs. It can get embarrassing when I'm sitting down because the chair I'm sitting on gets wet. I'm self-conscious about that.
omg, me too! I have developed this technique of pivoting slightly as I get up from a chair so that my jeans slide along the wetness and wipe it away, so that I don't leave chairs looking like I've peed on them or something
Teleute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 11:59 PM   #8
Tracii

Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

EWWWWWWWW.But really funny Teleute
Tracii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 02:21 PM   #9
Fat.n.sassy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracyarts View Post
I used to have a LOT of trouble with a sweaty face and scalp. Even in cool weather, the sweat would literally pour off my head and face in rivulets during any level of physical activity. I wouldn't be overexerted or out of breath, just really sweaty. I remember going to a supermarket and the sweating started right after I walked in, and by the time I got to the checkout line it was so bad, that the cashier asked if I was having a heart attack or something and needed them to call an ambulance. After that, I started carrying a couple soft old cotton handkerchiefs with me wherever I went to be able to mop the sweat up. It seems like it had something to do with PCOS because once I got my hormones and insulin resistance under control, it wasn't quite so bad anymore.

Now, it's better, and I have also amassed a stack of cotton handkerchiefs to take care of it and keep some in my purse, some in my car, some in my husband's car. But the strange part, it is only ever off my head and face. The rest of my body is almost completely sweat-free. Even when I am outside in 90+ degree temperatures. Weird.

Tracy
That is EXACTLY where I sweat too! Hmmm....my diabetes isn't very well controlled. I guess I'd better keep up with it. It is comforting to know your situation was resolved. Thanks!
Old 09-09-2009, 02:25 PM   #10
Fat.n.sassy

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabellethecat View Post
I have a lot of trouble with sweating,especially because I live in a desert climate where it can reach 114 in the summer. My worst trouble spots are under my breasts and my panties area, sorry if TMI I try to cope by going braless at home amd changing into dry panties when needed.
Girl, I could NOT live where you are! Houston liked to have killed me growing up and it didn't get much over the 90s. Thanks for your input. Not much is TMI for me, so don't worry.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:28 PM   #11
Fat.n.sassy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayrae View Post
Hmmm, I wouldn't have thought SF was not hot. Is it humid as well, being near the water?
Old 09-09-2009, 02:31 PM   #12
Fat.n.sassy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracii View Post
The only place I sweat is under my bewbs but only when its "as hot a July jam" outside. when saying that pronounce July as JOOO LIE.Thats how we say it in the not so deep south.
Yep, I guess the 'under there's' can be an issue! LOL! Also, I do agree, Jooo Lie is the "correct" pronunciation. Do ya'll also say CEEE ment? I now live in Vermont and boy do I get flack for that!
Old 09-09-2009, 03:13 PM   #13
Teleute
Heh heh. "Member".

Teleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracii View Post
EWWWWWWWW.But really funny Teleute
I know, I know... It really is kinda gross. I try to go for fabric-covered chairs to minimize it... hard plastic ones are the worst!
Old 09-10-2009, 08:03 AM   #14
Tracy
Fat & Sassy

Tracy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesTracy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesTracy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I have a problem with sweating. I sweat when no one else does. It can be 50 degrees out and I'm still sweating. I never wear a coat or long sleeves because I stay so hot and sweaty. I guess I'm just one Hot Momma!

We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do :)
Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:30 AM   #15
Fallenangel2904
Fat Fashionista

Fallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging in

I just want to say a big old DITTO to the sweat thing! Gosh I HATE it!! I take the subway daily and it's hot in there to boot so that on top of my sweating problem....well by the time I get to my destination my makeup is usually off! I started taking the express bus because of this lol. But you all make me wonder if it's something I need to get checked. I'm not diabetic (as far as I know) But I haven't been a the Dr. in a few years so I think it's time. I am going to look into it.

Anyway....another idiosyncrasy if you will is chafing. I HATE it- major ouch! I try to wear shorts under skirts/dresses to stop it- or wear em with a pair of leggings.
Fallenangel2904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:44 AM   #16
rainyday
Departed

rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.

On really hot sweaty days I find wearing a thin cotton sports bra under my regular bra helps. It acts like a liner to wick away sweat and prevents underboob rashiness. You have to find just the right one to use though so it doesn't mess with the shape of your bra.
rainyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 12:18 AM   #17
annabellethecat

annabellethecat can now change their title
Default Ouch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallenangel2904 View Post
I just want to say a big old DITTO to the sweat thing! Gosh I HATE it!! I take the subway daily and it's hot in there to boot so that on top of my sweating problem....well by the time I get to my destination my makeup is usually off! I started taking the express bus because of this lol. But you all make me wonder if it's something I need to get checked. I'm not diabetic (as far as I know) But I haven't been a the Dr. in a few years so I think it's time. I am going to look into it.

Anyway....another idiosyncrasy if you will is chafing. I HATE it- major ouch! I try to wear shorts under skirts/dresses to stop it- or wear em with a pair of leggings.
Ouch chafing hurts bad. I use that Monistat Glide gel stuff on my thighs, and it does help. When I wear a dress or skirt I like to wear these funny underwear that goes to my knees that look like something out of Little House on the Prairie, but they stop that horrible chafing. I bought them at vermontcountrystore.com
annabellethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 10:56 PM   #18
dcoyote

dcoyote can now change their title

I get a bit of chafing too! It's just this little spot on my inner thighs.

I don't sweat much though. In fact, I tend to get cold easily.
dcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 03:42 PM   #19
luscious_lulu
Boobzilla

luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

It's hard to pick out idiosyncrasies since I'm so use to being fat.

I have a hard time with some shoes because the bridge of my foot (best way to describe it is the thickness from the bottom of my foot to the top of my foot) is fat/thick. Any dress shoes that come up too far on the top of my foot just don't fit. My feet aren't wide, just fat.

I also can't sleep on my back. It feels like my boobs are going to smother me. (is that TMI?)

I sweat easily, but I blame it on the anti-depressants. I was fine until I started taking them. A small price to pay really...
luscious_lulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 04:41 PM   #20
Teleute
Heh heh. "Member".

Heh, I get that with shoes as well.... which is really annoying because I LOVE heels, but so many of them just aren't made to accomodate my chubby feet. The boob-smothering used to happen to me when I was skinnier too, so that might be just a big boobs problem... I find that if I sleep on my back slightly reclined, using a wedge pillow or something, it's not a problem. Yay gravity! I'm a natural side-sleeper, but my big ol' hips make that painful a lot too.
Old 09-12-2009, 09:04 PM   #21
msbard90

msbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging in

I tend to get a lot of chafing where the underwire of my bra touches my side under my arm. I have a lot of extra fat around there, so my braw inevitably digs in to my skin there and chafes it really bad. I also have to tuck in my blouse at work and that leads to me sweating profusely under my belly, so much so that it sometimes wets my panties. (TMI?? Sorry...) Oh, the joys of being a fat girl!
msbard90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 12:32 AM   #22
Fallenangel2904
Fat Fashionista

Fallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging in

The boob problem...don't have that so much since for a fatty I have relatively small boobs lol Sometimes I really wish they were bigger so I seemed more in proportion with my tummy and bottom half, but then I remember how I LOVE sleeping flat on my stomach- face smooched into the pillow- and I take it back. I would be so uncomfortable if I couldn't sleep like that- actually a lot of people thing I sleep funny and ask me 'OMG how do you sleep like that with out suffocating??' but I love it LOL....sorry....randomness lol
Fallenangel2904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 12:59 AM   #23
QueenB
zoo-music girl

QueenB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!QueenB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!QueenB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!QueenB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!QueenB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!QueenB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!QueenB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!QueenB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!QueenB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!QueenB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!QueenB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleute View Post
omg, me too! I have developed this technique of pivoting slightly as I get up from a chair so that my jeans slide along the wetness and wipe it away, so that I don't leave chairs looking like I've peed on them or something
i do the exact same thing hahah
QueenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 02:31 AM   #24
Buttah

Buttah can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesButtah can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleute View Post
I know, I know... It really is kinda gross. I try to go for fabric-covered chairs to minimize it... hard plastic ones are the worst!
chile! that happens to me too!! especially when i was in grade school. i would sliiiiiiide outta my chair . some folks notice, some didn't
Old 09-13-2009, 05:15 PM   #25
Fat.n.sassy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainyday View Post
On really hot sweaty days I find wearing a thin cotton sports bra under my regular bra helps. It acts like a liner to wick away sweat and prevents underboob rashiness. You have to find just the right one to use though so it doesn't mess with the shape of your bra.
Thanks for the idea!