Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 09-13-2009, 05:24 PM   #26
Fat.n.sassy
CelebratingNeurodiversity

Fat.n.sassy knows EXACTLY what's going onFat.n.sassy knows EXACTLY what's going onFat.n.sassy knows EXACTLY what's going onFat.n.sassy knows EXACTLY what's going onFat.n.sassy knows EXACTLY what's going onFat.n.sassy knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by luscious_lulu View Post
It's hard to pick out idiosyncrasies since I'm so use to being fat.

I have a hard time with some shoes because the bridge of my foot (best way to describe it is the thickness from the bottom of my foot to the top of my foot) is fat/thick. Any dress shoes that come up too far on the top of my foot just don't fit. My feet aren't wide, just fat.

I have trouble with shoes too. I can't wear 'pretty' shoes as I need good support.

I also can't sleep on my back. It feels like my boobs are going to smother me. (is that TMI?) Try a pillow behind your back and another under your shoulders and head. That's what works for me.

I sweat easily, but I blame it on the anti-depressants. I was fine until I started taking them. A small price to pay really...
I was sweating lllllooooong before I started antidepressant.

Last edited by Fat.n.sassy; 09-13-2009 at 05:25 PM. Reason: I didin't delete enough spaces
Fat.n.sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 12:45 AM   #27
Fascinita
Jeez, we're blessed!

Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I sweat, too. Lately I've been getting a rash in the crease of my neck and I think it's because of sweating at night with no ventilation to the fold.

Well, it's better today.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:09 PM   #28
Fat.n.sassy

Fat.n.sassy knows EXACTLY what's going onFat.n.sassy knows EXACTLY what's going onFat.n.sassy knows EXACTLY what's going onFat.n.sassy knows EXACTLY what's going onFat.n.sassy knows EXACTLY what's going onFat.n.sassy knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fascinita View Post
I sweat, too. Lately I've been getting a rash in the crease of my neck and I think it's because of sweating at night with no ventilation to the fold.

Well, it's better today.
That'll often happen to me if I go to bed with my hair wet.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:14 PM   #29
Fascinita
Jeez, we're blessed!

Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat.n.sassy View Post
That'll often happen to me if I go to bed with my hair wet.
Hmmm. Thanks for the info, sassy. I do sometimes go to bed with wet hair. Maybe this'll help.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:25 PM   #30
MizzSnakeBite
Taking a Break From Here

MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fascinita View Post
Hmmm. Thanks for the info, sassy. I do sometimes go to bed with wet hair. Maybe this'll help.

The times I go to bed with wet hair, I put a dry towel over my pillow.

"Hope is a thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune without words, and never stops at all."
Emily Dickinson
MizzSnakeBite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 06:21 PM   #31
Fat.n.sassy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzSnakeBite View Post
The times I go to bed with wet hair, I put a dry towel over my pillow.
Yep, I'm with ya' but my towel always ends up on the floor! LOL!
Old 09-26-2009, 09:10 AM   #32
ashmamma84
Om Namah Shivayah

ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Another sweatee (or er, ) here.

I turn on my fans right before I hop in the shower so that I have a breeze while getting dressed, or else I'll be a sweaty mess. Under my second chin, my back rolls, the backs of my knees, under my tummy - everywhere gets a lil juicy.

I'm almost always hot - just a regular ole' fireball!
Old 09-26-2009, 09:30 AM   #33
tinkerbell

tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

ugh, I get that butt sweat thing on chairs all the time too. I hate that!
Old 09-26-2009, 02:02 PM   #34
Sangria_girluk

Sangria_girluk has said some nice things

my pants (trousers) creep up my legs as I walk, as my thighs rub together and sort of gather up the material. I have to sort of plie to get the trousers to drop down again.
Sangria_girluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 05:46 PM   #35
littlefairywren
Chi Chi

littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!

This is more of an annoyance than anything.
Because of my tummy, coupled with my height of just under 5'1" I have this thing where I rub on counters lol.

When I wash the dishes, if I get a little over-enthusiastic with the water sloshing I end up wet under my boobs from pressing on the counter Makes me giggle but damn it is a pain sometimes!
Old 09-26-2009, 06:57 PM   #36
Fluffy51888
Glitter Queen

Fluffy51888 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffy51888 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffy51888 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffy51888 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffy51888 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffy51888 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffy51888 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffy51888 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffy51888 makes people happy simply by logging in

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with being bigger, but it's something that bothers me! My hands and feet are constantly cold. The rest of me can be burning up, but my hands and feet (usually my feet are really bad) are freezing cold. I have no clue why.
Fluffy51888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 07:28 PM   #37
littlefairywren
Chi Chi

littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy51888 View Post
I'm not sure if this has anything to do with being bigger, but it's something that bothers me! My hands and feet are constantly cold. The rest of me can be burning up, but my hands and feet (usually my feet are really bad) are freezing cold. I have no clue why.
Ha, me too! Hate it in the winter time
Old 09-27-2009, 01:24 AM   #38
steely

steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlefairywren View Post
This is more of an annoyance than anything.
Because of my tummy, coupled with my height of just under 5'1" I have this thing where I rub on counters lol.

When I wash the dishes, if I get a little over-enthusiastic with the water sloshing I end up wet under my boobs from pressing on the counter Makes me giggle but damn it is a pain sometimes!
I'm 5'10" and this exact same thing happens to me, LOL. I walk away like I've just had a shower. It is a pain.
steely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 02:24 AM   #39
littlefairywren
Chi Chi

Quote:
Originally Posted by steely View Post
I'm 5'10" and this exact same thing happens to me, LOL. I walk away like I've just had a shower. It is a pain.
Ha, I knew it couldn't only be me. To top it off, have to be careful if grubby fingers haven't left any surprises on the edge of the counter for the same reason. My belly is sure to pick it up, either that or I will have to start walking around sticking my butt out further than it already does....on purpose lol
Old 09-27-2009, 04:42 AM   #40
luscious_lulu
Boobzilla

luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
It's probably Raynaud's Syndrome. I have it and my nose also goes cold.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/ray...CTION=symptoms
luscious_lulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:53 AM   #41
tinkerbell

tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

My feet are like that too. They've always been that way though. They are always cold and clammy. You'd think if they were cold, they wouldn't be sweaty, but they are.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:54 AM   #42
NemoVolo

NemoVolo can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesNemoVolo can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I sweat a lot, too, mostly under my boobs and my lip and I got this "feminine deodorant" to spray on the nether regions to stop that from sweating, because wet panties are gross (IMHO). Also, the waistband of my pants get damp from my tummy.

Chafing, oh god. I went to England and Scotland two summers ago, and I don't know if it was just our tour guide, but he walked so freaking fast. I was easily the shortest, fattest one, and the place my thighs rubbed were covered in red, angry blisters. I had to gently pat straight on so as not to rub them raw again. I limped a lot

My roommate right now is insane, though, and turns off the A/C when it's still getting up to 102. She also likes keeping it like 85 in our apartment, and I'm just like "Ugh, no, low heat tolerance. I will pay the extra, just please at least keep it 80." even though back home we always had it at like 78. The other day, it got up to 90 in our apartment before I realized she turned it off. And she was perfectly fine! Stupid Fresno.

My hands and feet used to get so cold, but I never really noticed it. It was usually my parents that were like "OMG YOUR FEET ARE FREEZING! PUT ON SOCKS!" which I never did. That just made them hot and sweaty

(Sorry, some of these smilies are kind of adorable.)
NemoVolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 06:24 PM   #43
Fluffy51888
Glitter Queen

Fluffy51888 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffy51888 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffy51888 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffy51888 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffy51888 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffy51888 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffy51888 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffy51888 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffy51888 makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by luscious_lulu View Post
It's probably Raynaud's Syndrome. I have it and my nose also goes cold.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/ray...CTION=symptoms

Thank you for this info! I will check it out and see if I have any of the symptoms. Do you take medicine for it, or is it treatable with other methods?
Fluffy51888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 03:11 AM   #44
luscious_lulu
Boobzilla

luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Thank you for this info! I will check it out and see if I have any of the symptoms. Do you take medicine for it, or is it treatable with other methods?
There is not much they can do about it. I just live with it.
luscious_lulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 06:28 PM   #45
Fat.n.sassy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat.n.sassy View Post
I guess I'll be the 1st one to reply. I mentioned belly apron burps and perspiration, they are things that I experience. Hairstyles and make-up are challenging to me due to heavy perspiration. I probably don't have to explain the belly apron burps.

I notice no one talked (wrote) about the dreaded 'belly burp'. It may just be me! <cringes> Usually when I'm walking up the concrete steps to my house, my belly will shift and make this 'fart' noise. (hmmm...maybe that should go in the confessions thread!LOL!)
Old 10-02-2009, 08:16 PM   #46
Teleute
Heh heh. "Member".

Teleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging in

It's not just you! I don't get it (I just don't have much belly overhang), but my grandmother and several of my aunts get that pretty regularly. It's actually kind of a running joke at the women's table at family gatherings, heh.
Teleute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 04:16 PM   #47
Fat.n.sassy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracyarts View Post
I used to have a LOT of trouble with a sweaty face and scalp. Even in cool weather, the sweat would literally pour off my head and face in rivulets during any level of physical activity. I wouldn't be overexerted or out of breath, just really sweaty. I remember going to a supermarket and the sweating started right after I walked in, and by the time I got to the checkout line it was so bad, that the cashier asked if I was having a heart attack or something and needed them to call an ambulance. After that, I started carrying a couple soft old cotton handkerchiefs with me wherever I went to be able to mop the sweat up. It seems like it had something to do with PCOS because once I got my hormones and insulin resistance under control, it wasn't quite so bad anymore.

Now, it's better, and I have also amassed a stack of cotton handkerchiefs to take care of it and keep some in my purse, some in my car, some in my husband's car. But the strange part, it is only ever off my head and face. The rest of my body is almost completely sweat-free. Even when I am outside in 90+ degree temperatures. Weird.

Tracy
What you described about the supermarket is exactly the same for me. Although it is often my neck as well, but mostly face and scalp.
Old 02-12-2010, 04:27 PM   #48
lozonloz

lozonloz knows EXACTLY what's going onlozonloz knows EXACTLY what's going onlozonloz knows EXACTLY what's going onlozonloz knows EXACTLY what's going onlozonloz knows EXACTLY what's going onlozonloz knows EXACTLY what's going onlozonloz knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemoVolo View Post
I sweat a lot, too, mostly under my boobs and my lip and I got this "feminine deodorant" to spray on the nether regions to stop that from sweating, because wet panties are gross (IMHO). Also, the waistband of my pants get damp from my tummy.

Chafing, oh god. I went to England and Scotland two summers ago, and I don't know if it was just our tour guide, but he walked so freaking fast. I was easily the shortest, fattest one, and the place my thighs rubbed were covered in red, angry blisters. I had to gently pat straight on so as not to rub them raw again. I limped a lot

My roommate right now is insane, though, and turns off the A/C when it's still getting up to 102. She also likes keeping it like 85 in our apartment, and I'm just like "Ugh, no, low heat tolerance. I will pay the extra, just please at least keep it 80." even though back home we always had it at like 78. The other day, it got up to 90 in our apartment before I realized she turned it off. And she was perfectly fine! Stupid Fresno.

My hands and feet used to get so cold, but I never really noticed it. It was usually my parents that were like "OMG YOUR FEET ARE FREEZING! PUT ON SOCKS!" which I never did. That just made them hot and sweaty

(Sorry, some of these smilies are kind of adorable.)
I HATE CHAFING!

This is why I almost never wear skirts, even in high temperatures. I end up walking like a duck half the time:P.

Seriously, people who have never had chafing just from walking do NOT get it when you say you cant go further. Conversation whilst walking down the beach in my swimsuit and a sarong trying to find a place to have lunch (cos apparently all the ones right next to us werent just right) with one of my friends on holiday follows:

"You can't be tired already? I know you're fat but jeez..."
"It's not that I'm tired, it's that I'm not wearing trousers cos I didnt think we'd be going far."
"You're self concious about not wearing trousers? You don't look that bad."
"...No, it's because I'm chafing."
"So? It's just another 20 minutes to the end of the beach then we can walk back and pick the best place."
"You do that. I'll wait here."
"Look, it's just chafing, man up and walk."
"I'm FUCKING BLEEDING! And that's actually coming as a relief because it means there's less friction. I have welts. I'm going to have to cover my legs in aloe vera to walk AT ALL for the REST OF THE DAY."
"Oh come on, you can't bleed from chafing." *walks off*

This particular friend had the key to the place we were staying

I eventually forgave him after he saw the damage when I was swiming the next day and apologised, but god he had to grovel first.
Old 02-13-2010, 10:22 PM   #49
Aust99

Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
I get cold feet in the winter but I am the opposite with my hands... I always have warm hands... kids love to grab them as they are always warmer then theirs...
Aust99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 01:59 AM   #50
Tau
IXAMXDECADENCE

Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lozonloz View Post
I HATE CHAFING!

This is why I almost never wear skirts, even in high temperatures. I end up walking like a duck half the time:P.

Seriously, people who have never had chafing just from walking do NOT get it when you say you cant go further. Conversation whilst walking down the beach in my swimsuit and a sarong trying to find a place to have lunch (cos apparently all the ones right next to us werent just right) with one of my friends on holiday follows:

"You can't be tired already? I know you're fat but jeez..."
"It's not that I'm tired, it's that I'm not wearing trousers cos I didnt think we'd be going far."
"You're self concious about not wearing trousers? You don't look that bad."
"...No, it's because I'm chafing."
"So? It's just another 20 minutes to the end of the beach then we can walk back and pick the best place."
"You do that. I'll wait here."
"Look, it's just chafing, man up and walk."
"I'm FUCKING BLEEDING! And that's actually coming as a relief because it means there's less friction. I have welts. I'm going to have to cover my legs in aloe vera to walk AT ALL for the REST OF THE DAY."
"Oh come on, you can't bleed from chafing." *walks off*

This particular friend had the key to the place we were staying

I eventually forgave him after he saw the damage when I was swiming the next day and apologised, but god he had to grovel first.
OMG!! I would have bitchslapped him into next week!! The fact that he's a guy makes it even more blood boiling - its like men who tell women they're period craps can't possibly be that bad. Till you have a womb and inner thighs that rub till they bleed SHUT THE FUCK UP!!! So sorry that happened *hugz you*