Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > GLBTQ

Old 09-09-2009, 10:18 PM   #1
SparklingBBW
What's new pussycat?

SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default If your life were a drag...

What kind of drag would it be?

King? Queen? pop star? Lounge singer? Cabaret? Would you pic a specific artist to idolize or make up your own style and routine?

I'd have to go the lip sinc-ing route, but I'd love to do a variety act, throwing in some Gloria Gaynor (I will survive), ABBA, the It's raining men song, and then butching it up a bit and doing k.d. lang and the Indigo Girls and these are just off the top of my head.

So who's next up at the mic? How would you do drag?

SparklingBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:07 PM   #2
Tracii

Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Eddie Van Halen or Sammy Hagar.
Tracii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:27 PM   #3
Cors
Delurking

Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!

Lesbian folk singers have never appealed to me for some reason, and I fail at butching it up. I pretty much grew up with drag queens and trannies who danced to ABBA, Madonna, Kylie, Spice Girls, Gloria Gaynor, Tamia (Stranger in My House), Britney, Mariah and even some Aqua.... I still feel like one of them sometimes, sans the gorgeous legs and the glamour!
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:46 PM   #4
strangeangel
Lady Strange

strangeangel can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesstrangeangel can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cors View Post
I still feel like one of them sometimes, sans the gorgeous legs and the glamour!
What ARE you talking about, girl? You have GORGEOUS legs!! And lots of glamour too!
Old 09-10-2009, 12:25 AM   #5
Cors
Delurking

Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strangeangel View Post
What ARE you talking about, girl? You have GORGEOUS legs!! And lots of glamour too!
They can be muuuuch longer. I want to be 6 feet something like the sistas, and to be able to pull off that crazy thick makeup (first pic - blurred my face because I look stoned and horrible) every night...

Though, short trannies are adorable too. Like my precious Em (second pic below).

Last edited by Cors; 09-10-2009 at 10:16 AM.
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:45 AM   #6
strangeangel
Lady Strange

strangeangel can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesstrangeangel can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Wink

Oh, Em definitely is adorable...heh...and more.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:20 AM   #7
butch
cuddly, hairy, and fat

butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Many years ago I had developed my drag king name (Rod Rockwell), and figured, due to my size, that my signature song should be something by Meatloaf, even though I've never been much of a fan.

I'm open to suggestions, though, if someone can come up with a better signature song for me to lipsync.

Great question, G!
Old 09-10-2009, 09:31 AM   #8
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Butch: not that you couldn't do an awesome Meatloaf, but somehow I never saw you as that sturm und drang (or whatever that proper phrase is....wagnerian would be another way to say it). But just how much macho swagger is Rog Rockwell supposed to have? For some reason I could imagine you doing The Who's "Pictures of Lilly" ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G11oIadJfhI ) with a swagger and smirk, but I don't know if that is really the sort of thing you'd do or not?

I think I'm too much of a gnome to do drag well (I don't even have the long legs *sigh*), so if I did that I think I'd have to go just way over the top? At which point might as well lip sync to something from Evita, or maybe "Dance 10, Looks 3" from Chorus Line? (or is being that over the top considered insulting to those who try to do it with some taste?)

Last edited by Tad; 10-06-2009 at 12:08 PM.
Tad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 04:51 AM   #9
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Funny, when i was at Drama school and also used to be in various plays, i often got picked to play the 'handsom young cabin boy' type parts.. hahaha..
I played a gay 'will Scarlet' in a robin hood panto/musical.. which i loved.. So i think some guy from a musical.
When i was wee i fancied Seymore from 'Little shop of horrors' for some reason... so i think maby him. aww.. cute!
Oh no wait! Actually.. i would Love to play 'Frankie' in the 'rocky horror show'... though that would get confusing.. a woman dressed as a man playing a woman... very Victor victoria!!!
Old 09-11-2009, 01:49 PM   #10
joswitch
Exile from Main Board

joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

When I did drag.. I sang in a Nina Simone style (was a Frank Zappa cover night - I did "Dumb all over" and "Baby don't you want a man like me") I don't dig wigs cos makes my head itch.. And i have a buzz cut and wear DMs.. So I just look kinda glam/butch/slut really (very "me" - tho' very *not* how I usually seem.. So it was way fun to see everyone's heads explode! Lol!).. I love all them female torch songs.. I can totally do "i can't stand the rain (against my window)"...
Old 09-11-2009, 02:19 PM   #11
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

"This is your drag-life"

If my life was a drag, it would be one of those hilarious, half-assed queens who thinks he looks like a sexy bitch with his beard, blood red lipstick and cheap platinum halloween wig. The kind where, when he tries to speak in a feminine voice, he just sounds like he's had a tracheotomy. The kind where you can never really tell if he is serious or just lost a bet. Is he the world's shittiest drag queen, a comic genius, or a magypsy from Mother 3 (and if you get that last one, I might have to do you)? You will never know and, frankly, you don't want to know.

That would be me.

Last edited by Melian; 09-11-2009 at 02:22 PM.
Melian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 05:28 PM   #12
cheekyjez
Loud with the shop vac on

cheekyjez has super-sized repcheekyjez has super-sized repcheekyjez has super-sized repcheekyjez has super-sized rep

My drag name was Jez R. Belle and I had a silver T-shirt with oranges in it and really tight fuzzy pants and glitter and adorable pigtails and did songs from Hedwig. It was frikken awesome.
cheekyjez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:32 PM   #13
StarWitness
part square, part drape

StarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions community

[QUOTE=joswitch;1274570]When I did drag.. I sang in a Nina Simone style (was a Frank Zappa cover night - I did "Dumb all over" and "Baby don't you want a man like me")/QUOTE]

Frank Zappa cover drag night? Where are these cool parts of the world, so I may move to them?

The dorm where I lived in college had an annual drag show. The one year I performed I did "Laid." Meh. I make an okay boi, the few times I've dabbled, but nothing that would make for a good drag king. I blame my lack of ability to dance.

If I did have the skills to pay the bills, though, I'd probably want to do something indie rock/post-punk. Like if "Ball and Biscuit" by the White Stripes wasn't 7 minutes long, I'd be all over it. That song is incredibly sexy.

I've always been a guy with a sweet tooth, and that girl's just like a king-size candy bar...
--Sleater-Kinney
StarWitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 03:39 AM   #14
joswitch
Exile from Main Board

joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Ah, it was a Frank Zappa cover night at the Arts Centre.. Only *I* did drag! Lol! The song just worked so well accapella - "honey honey heyyy... Baby don't you wanna.. Man. Like. Me." :P i'm still gutted no one taped it! I practiced for a fortnight to get that song to work!
Old 09-13-2009, 04:36 PM   #15
Geektastic1

Geektastic1 does more than just post hot picsGeektastic1 does more than just post hot picsGeektastic1 does more than just post hot picsGeektastic1 does more than just post hot pics

Ok, don't laugh. I've thought it would be a neat idea to perform as Dave Gahan in a drag-king Depeche Mode clone band. I dunno what people would think of a short, fat, drag king Dave Gahan, but that's what I'd want to do.

On a more realistic note, I think I could pull off Robert Smith (of the Cure), since he's fat. I also like the idea of performing as a more feminine or androgynous male like him---something different than the usual swaggery stuff. I think seriously queerly creative things could be accomplished with a chest binder and lipstick.
Geektastic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 06:10 PM   #16
tammyfaye

tammyfaye has said some nice things

hm. i've never done drag, but have always thought "vaseline dion" would be the perfect drag queen name -
tammyfaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 01:14 PM   #17
joswitch
Exile from Main Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geektastic1 View Post
Ok, don't laugh. I've thought it would be a neat idea to perform as Dave Gahan in a drag-king Depeche Mode clone band. I dunno what people would think of a short, fat, drag king Dave Gahan, but that's what I'd want to do.

On a more realistic note, I think I could pull off Robert Smith (of the Cure), since he's fat. I also like the idea of performing as a more feminine or androgynous male like him---something different than the usual swaggery stuff. I think seriously queerly creative things could be accomplished with a chest binder and lipstick.
Why chest bind? BHMs have tha moobs, yeah? So all good!

ummm.... girls drag kinging = hott!
(no fake facial hair plzkthnks )
Old 09-17-2009, 02:04 PM   #18
Geektastic1

Geektastic1 does more than just post hot picsGeektastic1 does more than just post hot picsGeektastic1 does more than just post hot picsGeektastic1 does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by joswitch View Post
Very true! Although, my boobs are a still a little bigger than most BHM's. But If I did use a chest binder, I wouldn't have to use a tight one.

Quote:
I agree about most of the fake facial hair I've seen--it often looks pretty bad. Well, I grow a fair amount of the real stuff myself, but I shave most of it off so's I won't alarm folks too badly when using the ladies' room. I usually like to keep my fuzzy baby mustache, though. I think I'd probably go for the clean-shaven look if I was gonna do the drag king thing.

Last edited by Geektastic1; 09-17-2009 at 02:11 PM.
Geektastic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 03:24 PM   #19
Teleute
Heh heh. "Member".

Teleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by joswitch View Post

But... but... I wanna look like this guy (center, silver hat)!

Seriously, as hot as I think drag kings are, it doesn't really fit for me... I would probably do the full-on queen thing myself. Yeah, yeah, I know I'm female... don't crush my dreams! I think I'd want to be the hula-hooping, fantastically-coiffed diva in the Filthy/Gorgeous video.

Edit: Ack, lost the last half of my post! Geek, I LOVE the idea of the more androgynous drag king look. The swagger is hot and all, but <3 the sexual ambiguity of the slightly more femme approach. If you ever do it... pixplz

Last edited by Teleute; 09-17-2009 at 03:29 PM.
Teleute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 03:43 PM   #20
Fascinita
Jeez, we're blessed!

Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I don't have a drag king name, though I do have a drag king look I've rocked in the past--it's Elvis-like, pompadour and mustache and glitter with combat boots.

My signature song is Juan Gabriel's "Querida".
Old 09-17-2009, 05:01 PM   #21
Tracii

Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I went to my senior prom in drag and had a great time.
Mind you I was a guy then albeit a very femme and I think the only out Bi/gay guy that I knew of in my HS.
A few of my GF's knew I was going to do it so they picked out my gown and did my make up and hair.
Nobody "read' me all night tho' some guys asked if I was from another school because they didn't recognize me.
My GF's hooked me up with a dance with the captain of the football team who gave me sooo much grief all year.
During the dance all my GF's were laughing insanley every time we came close to them and he couldn't figure out why.
He kept saying I think those girls are jealous.I was about to laugh so I had to bury my head in his shoulder.
At the end of the dance he leaned over to give me a kiss so I gave him a very hot french kiss and bit his lower lip a little.
My GF's were laughing so loud at this point everyone could hear them.
That was a great "drag"night.
Sorry for the long windy post.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:24 PM   #22
strangeangel
Lady Strange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracii View Post
Mind you I was a guy then albeit a very femme and I think the only out Bi/gay guy that I knew of in my HS.
A few of my GF's knew I was going to do it so they picked out my gown and did my make up and hair.
Nobody "read' me all night tho' some guys asked if I was from another school because they didn't recognize me.
My GF's hooked me up with a dance with the captain of the football team who gave me sooo much grief all year.
During the dance all my GF's were laughing insanley every time we came close to them and he couldn't figure out why.
He kept saying I think those girls are jealous.I was about to laugh so I had to bury my head in his shoulder.
At the end of the dance he leaned over to give me a kiss so I gave him a very hot french kiss and bit his lower lip a little.
"Revenge is best served cold.."
Love your story
Old 09-17-2009, 08:47 PM   #23
Tracii

Thanks, it was a bright spot in life to remember.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:40 PM   #24
Fascinita
Jeez, we're blessed!

Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strangeangel View Post
Love your story
I love it, too!
Old 09-19-2009, 03:50 PM   #25
Gingembre
radar detector

Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracii View Post
Sorry for the long windy post.
Ohh best story ever! Win for you!
Sticks and stones may break your bones but words can break your heart - Tim Minchin
Gingembre is offline   Reply With Quote