Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > GLBTQ

Old 09-19-2009, 03:55 PM   #26
Gingembre
radar detector

Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!

I would like to drag king up one night, altho there would be no performing/karaoke involved! I really couldn't pull it off tho - as successfully as I reckon I could bind my bewbs, there's no hiding the child bearing hips on this girl! I'm 2 sizes smaller on my top half with the smallest shoulders and quite a high defined waist - need some hella massive shoulder pads to try & even things out and even then I think i'd just look weird. Shame.
Sticks and stones may break your bones but words can break your heart - Tim Minchin
Gingembre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 07:42 PM   #27
bobbleheaddoll
loves her bhm!

bobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging in

i would love to do drag...full on glamour style. i would put on some big showgirl kinda outfit and lip sync to opera like in priscilla queen of the desert...that would be fantastic...
Old 09-20-2009, 10:30 AM   #28
chubby_tgirl

chubby_tgirl has said some nice things
Default My style

Well I can't carry a tune in a bucket. Thats why i play the guitar lol. I have been compaired to Cindy Louper when en femme. "Girls just wantta have fun" .
chubby_tgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 08:42 AM   #29
strangeangel
Lady Strange

strangeangel can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesstrangeangel can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

If I ever had a chance to drag, it would probably be as Andy Bell - still haven't thought of a name though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XH0SoZNdozs

Love his shoes!
Old 09-24-2009, 05:20 PM   #30
frankman
The Eternal Cowboy

frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!

I played Ellen, the British lesbian au pair in Victorian colonial Africa in the first act of the play "Cloud Nine". Complete with ass-cushioned dress and 3 kilo's worth of basmati rice in pantyhose for boobs.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:28 PM   #31
strangeangel
Lady Strange

strangeangel can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesstrangeangel can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankman View Post
I played Ellen, the British lesbian au pair in Victorian colonial Africa in the first act of the play "Cloud Nine". Complete with ass-cushioned dress and 3 kilo's worth of basmati rice in pantyhose for boobs.
3kg's worth of RICE?? I don't think even my boobs weigh that much?
Old 09-24-2009, 05:41 PM   #32
frankman
The Eternal Cowboy

frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strangeangel View Post
3kg's worth of RICE?? I don't think even my boobs weigh that much?
I'm 6 foot 5", and the only bra I could fit I borrowed from a very busty friend. What can I say, I suffer for my art.
Old 09-25-2009, 02:08 AM   #33
superherogirl09

superherogirl09 has said some nice things

I'm not much of the performing type, but hypothetically, I'd go for the androgynous drag king look. However, I doubt I'd be able to pull it off given my bra size. Oh, well.
superherogirl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 03:55 PM   #34
joswitch
Exile from Main Board

joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklingBBW View Post
What kind of drag would it be?

King? Queen? pop star? Lounge singer? Cabaret? Would you pic a specific artist to idolize or make up your own style and routine?

I'd have to go the lip sinc-ing route, but I'd love to do a variety act, throwing in some Gloria Gaynor (I will survive), ABBA, the It's raining men song, and then butching it up a bit and doing k.d. lang and the Indigo Girls and these are just off the top of my head.

So who's next up at the mic? How would you do drag?

I did drag at the weekend at a Cure Tribute night (at the Arts Centre), I gothed it up and sang "Friday I'm in Love" and "LoveCats" in a Nina Simone stylee..... (I <3 Nina!) Apart from kicking over my beer bottle mid one song and one of my hold-ups starting to fall down in the other - it went pretty well!

So funny watching folks heads explode!
Here be pics - including some of me showing off *cough* sorry, I mean singing, on stage.... with 40 or 50 people in front of me looking at me a bit like this -
Old 11-09-2009, 04:09 PM   #35
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joswitch View Post
I did drag at the weekend at a Cure Tribute night (at the Arts Centre), I gothed it up and sang "Friday I'm in Love" and "LoveCats" in a Nina Simone stylee..... (I <3 Nina!) Apart from kicking over my beer bottle mid one song and one of my hold-ups starting to fall down in the other - it went pretty well!

Here be pics - including some of me showing off *cough* sorry, I mean singing, on stage.... with 40 or 50 people in front of me looking at me a bit like this -
OMG.....You make a pretty hot chick
Old 11-09-2009, 06:02 PM   #36
joswitch
Exile from Main Board

joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melian View Post
OMG.....You make a pretty hot chick
Tanks!
Old 11-09-2009, 06:28 PM   #37
Teleute
Heh heh. "Member".

Teleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging in

!!!

Hotness!

Teleute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 03:29 PM   #38
joswitch
Exile from Main Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleute View Post
!!!

Hotness!

So glad you like!
Old 11-11-2009, 11:38 AM   #39
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:

Hubba hubba!!
Old 11-16-2009, 08:47 PM   #40
tankgirl
Phreakoid.

tankgirl can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokestankgirl can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Oh, crap, I knew it... some dudes make a batter chick than I do...
AND I WAS BORN A CHICK!!
Oiy. And congrats.
Anyway, I don't have to try to be a king, I'm mistaken for a guy even in the summer when I'm wearing as little as possible due to the heat!
Always dreamed of it though, when I was younger... funny how that works out...
My life is a drag. It just varies on who sees through the lack of a costume.
Other funny thing is, I'm going to school to be a meck-a-nick.
Or, a mechanic, in normal talk.
It's still fun.
Patience is a virtue. Don't panic. There are a great many fish in the sea. Bring your own condoms. Always remember where your towel is. Wear sunscreen. Use soap. Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken. Carpe diem. Carpe noctem.
And if required, carpe jugulum.
tankgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 12:17 AM   #41
strangeangel
Lady Strange

Quote:
Tanks!
Hotnessss...*with fingers waggling over keyboard*

jos, if you ever come by Singapore, I'd like to take you out dressed just the way you are in these photos!!
Old 11-17-2009, 01:10 AM   #42
Tracii

Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Dayum jos you look nice in a dress..... really.
I'd hit it!!
Tracii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 07:34 AM   #43
joswitch
Exile from Main Board

Thanks everyone! (chick-me is a leettle bit of an attention whore so.... )

@Tankgirl - if it makes ya feel better I am kinda "in touch with my inner chickness"...*cough*
@strangeangel - and I might take you up on that, if I was ever over there... how does singapore go with the public cross dressing?
@Tracii -
Old 11-20-2009, 07:04 AM   #44
Cors
Delurking

Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
@strangeangel - and I might take you up on that, if I was ever over there... how does singapore go with the public cross dressing?
Horribly! People there tend to be extremely sheltered and stare a LOT at anything unusual - different skin colour, unusual curves, too thin, visibly queer, goth etc. My partner is Danish and the two of us got so many dirty looks and ugly comments. Unless you pass, you are likely to face quite a bit of harrassment though most of it is passive and more annoying than dangerous. Many Singaporeans also have this assumption that all MtFs/drag queens/crossdressers (it is all the same to narrow minds) are prostitutes.

Strangey gets a fair amount of stares on her own but she can probably beat the gawkers up for you.
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 02:02 PM   #45
joswitch
Exile from Main Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cors View Post
Horribly! People there tend to be extremely sheltered and stare a LOT at anything unusual - different skin colour, unusual curves, too thin, visibly queer, goth etc. My partner is Danish and the two of us got so many dirty looks and ugly comments. Unless you pass, you are likely to face quite a bit of harrassment though most of it is passive and more annoying than dangerous. Many Singaporeans also have this assumption that all MtFs/drag queens/crossdressers (it is all the same to narrow minds) are prostitutes.

Strangey gets a fair amount of stares on her own but she can probably beat the gawkers up for you.
Ah. I definitely don't "pass" (not really trying, tbh) - despite Mer's compliment to the contrary in another thread (thankyou!) - one dude did say I might fool people looking at me from behind, but I think that was cos he was clocking my arse rather than my arms/shoulders/neck! There's also the small matter that I stand 6'2" in my DM boots! Check out the pics below - the headshot is about as femme as I ever look (I was going for "sultry" but I think I might have hit "bored" instead ) and the one with my sword is me trying for the Kate Beckinsale "Underworld" look! Hahaha!

(These were taken on my camphone mucking about after the gig)

Stares and comments I don't give a shit, but I wouldn't walk across Reading, for instance, in drag - given the high likelihood of being physically attacked by morons! Not really up for that.... (nor getting arrested for it either) ... At this gig I did it was handy that I have my studio at the Art Centre cos I can get changed and then I just have to go through the yard to get to the venue...

I like the idea of having a hot drag king or butch girl (the two are not the same I know - not suggesting they are!) to look out for me... First time I did drag was to a Halloween party with my then gf - we went as hooker & pimp... I know is v. cliche, but was fun times!
Old 11-21-2009, 08:52 AM   #46
Cors
Delurking

Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!

Love the sword and your other accessories! It got me curious, what is your hair usually like? And oh, post hooker and pimp pics!

More power to you if you don't care about passing! It is especially difficult here with your height (at 5'9" with heels I already tower above most people) and body shape - would be funny if you manage to seduce a traditional, conservative homophobic and transphobic guy though.

With the exception of our local chav-types (we call the guys Ah Bengs and the girls Ah Lians), you are unlikely to be physically assaulted as long as you observe the usual safety rules and stay away from certain areas. It is rare that transsexuals or cross-dressers strut their stuff outside of Changi Village (a night safari and tranny petting zoo of sorts for very disrespectful, sheltered locals), so you will get gawked at by just about everyone, especially since you are White and also look alternative. The typical Singaporean hates confrontation though, so just stare right back at them and watch them drop their gaze and squirm uncomfortably in their seats.

If anything you should visit for the amazing food!
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 12:33 PM   #47
joswitch
Exile from Main Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cors View Post
Love the sword and your other accessories! It got me curious, what is your hair usually like? And oh, post hooker and pimp pics!

More power to you if you don't care about passing! It is especially difficult here with your height (at 5'9" with heels I already tower above most people) and body shape - would be funny if you manage to seduce a traditional, conservative homophobic and transphobic guy though.

With the exception of our local chav-types (we call the guys Ah Bengs and the girls Ah Lians), you are unlikely to be physically assaulted as long as you observe the usual safety rules and stay away from certain areas. It is rare that transsexuals or cross-dressers strut their stuff outside of Changi Village (a night safari and tranny petting zoo of sorts for very disrespectful, sheltered locals), so you will get gawked at by just about everyone, especially since you are White and also look alternative. The typical Singaporean hates confrontation though, so just stare right back at them and watch them drop their gaze and squirm uncomfortably in their seats.

If anything you should visit for the amazing food!
Glad you like my scary goth-chick look! It feels very "me"... See pic on my public profile for my "usual" hair... Short and a bit grey... I was chuffed with that (very) cheap wig, though I had to chop it to length and use mascara on my eyebrows to make 'em match the wig! Sorry, but I can't post the hooker / pimp pics as they've got my ex-gf in them... and it's not cool for me to post pics of ex-gfs on teh webz...

Sorry to disappoint (again) but my "inner chick" - like my outer bloke - is more into girls than guys... And on top of that it seems that my embodied sexuality is largely a function of my animal-self i.e. bio-male... (Is anyone else built of three bits btw??? wtf???) It has to do with scent ?pheromones? and touch for me, I think... Which is not to say that there might not be exceptions to this rule *cough* John Barrowman / Cpt. Jack of Torchwood *cough* If I was bio-female I'd feel differently about it I think.... (Anyone else have an ambiguous / ambivalent internal id???)

As it is I think it's my "inner chickness" that makes me feel comfortable with the idea that if a girl wanted to do certain things to/with me I'd be cool, at least insofar as I wouldn't feel like my "manness" (ahahaha) was all threatened an' shiz.... Ack! Self-absorbed ramblings! Sorry!

I really enjoy your descriptions of Singapore by the way Cors -you're very much painting pictures with words.... Which is especially cool, cos I'm unlikely ever to have the to visit....
Old 11-21-2009, 05:57 PM   #48
Tracii

Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I for one find your pics very sexy
Tracii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 11:07 PM   #49
strangeangel
Lady Strange

Quote:
As it is I think it's my "inner chickness" that makes me feel comfortable with the idea that if a girl wanted to do certain things to/with me I'd be cool, at least insofar as I wouldn't feel like my "manness" (ahahaha) was all threatened an' shiz....
OK, THIS got my attention!!

Quote:
I really enjoy your descriptions of Singapore by the way Cors -you're very much painting pictures with words.... Which is especially cool, cos I'm unlikely ever to have the to visit....
Awwww....
Old 11-23-2009, 04:23 PM   #50
joswitch
Exile from Main Board

@Tracii - glad you like!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strangeangel View Post
OK, THIS got my attention!!
be gentle with me....

Quote:
Awwww....
yeah, sorry - the whole "impoverished artist" thing has it's downsides! *shrugs*