Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > GLBTQ

Old 02-04-2010, 09:26 PM   #51
chubby_tgirl

chubby_tgirl has said some nice things

I would be a Drag Queen . As for Loungesinger I can't sing. I dance better then I sing lol. Guitar is more my thing. That and palying DJ. A drag queen DJ
chubby_tgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 12:59 PM   #52
balletguy

balletguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklingBBW View Post
What kind of drag would it be?

King? Queen? pop star? Lounge singer? Cabaret? Would you pic a specific artist to idolize or make up your own style and routine?

I'd have to go the lip sinc-ing route, but I'd love to do a variety act, throwing in some Gloria Gaynor (I will survive), ABBA, the It's raining men song, and then butching it up a bit and doing k.d. lang and the Indigo Girls and these are just off the top of my head.

So who's next up at the mic? How would you do drag?

I would do Cher...I know so overdone, but I was ger a few years ago at a costume party and people loved it. I would also love to do Lizza from Cabert. Or Madonna from Express Yourself
balletguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 01:17 PM   #53
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklingBBW View Post
What kind of drag would it be?

King? Queen? pop star? Lounge singer? Cabaret? Would you pic a specific artist to idolize or make up your own style and routine?

I'd have to go the lip sinc-ing route, but I'd love to do a variety act, throwing in some Gloria Gaynor (I will survive), ABBA, the It's raining men song, and then butching it up a bit and doing k.d. lang and the Indigo Girls and these are just off the top of my head.

So who's next up at the mic? How would you do drag?

I actually do drag and have a gig at my next Local Pride's event and at the annual one as well. I have more my own style but I can definitely be catty. I'm comedic and I sing. I have full stage acts planned out but I actually sing my songs.

I know I am not all that appreciated in the drag community, given that I am a biological female, but I've been given a handful of job offers as a drag queen and that's all that matters to me because it means someone of more power appreciates what I do.
CarlaSixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 01:30 PM   #54
joswitch
Exile from Main Board

joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaSixx View Post
I actually do drag and have a gig at my next Local Pride's event and at the annual one as well. I have more my own style but I can definitely be catty. I'm comedic and I sing. I have full stage acts planned out but I actually sing my songs.

I know I am not all that appreciated in the drag community, given that I am a biological female, but I've been given a handful of job offers as a drag queen and that's all that matters to me because it means someone of more power appreciates what I do.
Ah, you must totally post teh pics!
Old 06-21-2010, 01:40 PM   #55
balletguy

balletguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:

Ah that is awesome u need to post a pic of that
balletguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 04:07 PM   #56
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

I do believe most of the pics from my first shows have been destroyed due to not liking how I looked and the fact that my lashes ruined my entire makeup job but I may have a pic from before i left for a gig. That night, I was doing "For Your Entertainment" by Adam Lambert and showed up in ring leader form. I Shooouuuuullllldddddd have a pic somewhere. Maybe even a video of my horrible practice haha. I have a tiny bedroom as practice space and kept hitting my walking stick on the walls. Neighbours probably hated me for it.

Will do some digging and see what I can come up with.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:52 PM   #57
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

Soooo... I found practice run pics. When I do my next practice run, I'll post those. I'm hoping to make it look wayyyy cool, and it's gonna all be in green.

Oh... and my username here is my drag name. Very far off from my real name or anything else, lol.

Anyways... here's the makeup trial run pics.

The day after those were taken, a friend introduced me to new makeup and cooler lashes made of human hair, and I redid the look entirely for the same thing the original was meant for: The Ringleader.

The only things that are in my closet are costumes, accessories, wigs and shoes. My own clothes are not even as cared for, lol. Friends and family think it's hilarious but hey... gotta keep nice clothes looking good
Old 06-23-2010, 10:53 AM   #58
joswitch
Exile from Main Board

joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Soooo... I found practice run pics. When I do my next practice run, I'll post those. I'm hoping to make it look wayyyy cool, and it's gonna all be in green.

Oh... and my username here is my drag name. Very far off from my real name or anything else, lol.

Anyways... here's the makeup trial run pics.

The day after those were taken, a friend introduced me to new makeup and cooler lashes made of human hair, and I redid the look entirely for the same thing the original was meant for: The Ringleader.

The only things that are in my closet are costumes, accessories, wigs and shoes. My own clothes are not even as cared for, lol. Friends and family think it's hilarious but hey... gotta keep nice clothes looking good
Eyelashtastic!
Old 06-23-2010, 10:56 AM   #59
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

Haha, oh yes, I do love those lashes, but the glue I got for them (the lashes didn't actually come with a glue) turned my black liner blue on the top lid! I was rather horrified and no amount of black over it was going to fix it

Those lashes are definitely cool, though. Red tinsel, white tinsel, and glow in the dark fibers. They look super awesome around black lights!
Old 06-23-2010, 05:35 PM   #60
Cors
Delurking

Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!

Love the lashes and your makeup! You could try getting black eyelash glue - I really love DUO's.

Faux queens are awesome too! How is your persona like? I'd love to see a video!
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 06:22 PM   #61
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cors View Post
Love the lashes and your makeup! You could try getting black eyelash glue - I really love DUO's.

Faux queens are awesome too! How is your persona like? I'd love to see a video!
I would LOVE to be able to find some DUO lash glue, but sadly, I don't live in a city large enough to buy it at. But I have found that Lise Wattier clear glue doesn't dry up gross nor change the colour of makeup, and it's 2 tubes for 3$ which is AWESOMESAUCE! lol.

A newspaper had compared my persona to Joan Jett. I'm rather outrageous and totally a rockstar haha.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:00 PM   #62
Cors
Delurking

Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
I would LOVE to be able to find some DUO lash glue, but sadly, I don't live in a city large enough to buy it at. But I have found that Lise Wattier clear glue doesn't dry up gross nor change the colour of makeup, and it's 2 tubes for 3$ which is AWESOMESAUCE! lol.

A newspaper had compared my persona to Joan Jett. I'm rather outrageous and totally a rockstar haha.
Oh thanks for the rec! I guess if that stops working for you there is always eBay.

Your queen persona sounds awesome!
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 07:07 PM   #63
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

I love me some eBay! I just need to find the cash, now, haha. But it is a great place to find good makeup. I go there for stage makeup all the time. But now I've found Sugarpill Cosmetics and once my credit card is paid off... I'm gonna do some shopping from there!

I'm hoping to get a video from the next Pride event. It's supposed to be sometime next month. My guess is that the lighting will once again be crap but I'm going to try anyways. Usually if the DJ doesn't bring in a good enough lighting set, everyone's set is cancelled and we just have a big dance.

September 6th is the annual Pride gala where I'll be co-emcee and so there's bound to be video of that. Hoping all goes as planned for the spot, though.