Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 09-17-2009, 11:19 PM   #26
Santaclear
User

Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Stale buns and hot dogs made from real dog
Old 09-17-2009, 11:23 PM   #27
Geektastic1

Geektastic1 does more than just post hot picsGeektastic1 does more than just post hot picsGeektastic1 does more than just post hot picsGeektastic1 does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertcheeseman View Post
I gave him one of my rep points for you... Government cheese is awesome. I know this will probably cause some people to question my socioeconomic status, but my family actually got the USDA food surplus cheese when I was a kid. It was not that bad, kind of like a very mild Velveeta, and it actually made pretty good quesadillas and mac and cheese. I don't think they do that anymore. I guess the government no longer feels the need to subsidize the dairy industry, not when Kraft can get $5 a box for real Velveeta.
I never liked to eat the stuff out of hand or on a cheese sandwich, but yeah, that government commodity cheese makes really good homemade mac n' cheese. My stepmom used to make that. I've also had cheese puffs made with it plus commodity butter and powdered milk, and it wasn't bad.
Geektastic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:04 AM   #28
ssbwjedisweetheart

ssbwjedisweetheart can now change their title

Morning meals
* hotdogs+eggs+ potato(s)= potatos and eggs with hotdogs
* toast+fried eggs= eggs on a shingle
Lunch
* 2 tortilla's +chesse= quesadillas (if u have ranch dressing use as a dip)
* tortilla+slice meat(ham,chicken,Ect)+lettuce=wrap
Dinner
* SunVista pinto beans(keep the juice) add water, Mrs.Dash (table blend) and pepper.Boil it and you have Poor bean soup.
* Can of tomato paste(or ketchup)+water+pepper= tomato soup
* Chicken cubes +water+ bag of veggies= chicken soup
Desserts
*Coconut flakes+chocolate bars (melted)= I have no idea if this has a name but, i call it Coco de Samantha ; )
* un buttered popcorn+ caramel( melted)=popcorn balls

OK so that my list.I have eatten this food many-a-times- my friends, most of them are meals i grew up on. Aaww its good to be poor ; )

You have to jump sometimes,cuz life is not worth living if your scarred all the time;)
ssbwjedisweetheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:13 AM   #29
QueenB
zoo-music girl

QueenB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!QueenB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!QueenB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!QueenB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!QueenB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!QueenB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!QueenB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!QueenB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!QueenB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!QueenB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!QueenB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
*Coconut flakes+chocolate bars (melted)= I have no idea if this has a name but, i call it Coco de Samantha ; )
i do this whenever i have coconut flakes :3.
QueenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 01:55 AM   #30
vardon_grip
Consistently smarmy

vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!

If you have enough money for any type of meat in your dish, you may be poor-but you ain't PO'!

No Dough Hobo Soup.

Find a used styrofoam cup outside a 7-11 or similar convenience store.
Fill cup with water-If you can't find a bathroom faucet-use the air/water hose at a nearby gas station.
Go inside the 7-11 and take 2-4 ketchup packets* from the condiment bin. *(Depending on size of cup and personal preference)
Open packets and add to the cup of water.
Mix with available coffee stir.
Place cup and contents into microwave (available to heat other 7-11 food like burritos, sandwiches etc.) and heat for 60 seconds on HIGH.
Remove from microwave (*CONTENTS MAY BE HOT-CAUTION!*) and season with salt/pepper packets from the condiment bin.
Enjoy your soup!

(In places all over the west and parts of the south-hot sauce/taco sauce may be available in the condiment bin to further enhance your soup experience. Do not forget the free hot dog condiments such as onions or relish and pico de gallo or salsa that is used for nachos. Mix and match according to region, preference and/or religious dietary restrictions)

Last edited by vardon_grip; 09-18-2009 at 02:01 AM.
vardon_grip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 02:10 AM   #31
Cors
Delurking

Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!

This sounds pathetic, but I get a cheap but huge loaf of bread, freeze the remainder and sloooowly eat it with salt/pepper/butter/olive oil/soy sauce/whatever condiments I have left or manage to pilfer from McDonalds. 2 can last me a week!
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 02:11 AM   #32
Friday
Not fap material. Bye!

Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!

When I first moved out at 18 and would rather have starved than asked my Mom for help my roommate and I ate a lot of plain or buttered noodles with canned veggies. I used to feed the kids I babysat Ramen with a sliced hotdog or two and whatever veggies their mom had in the house in it. Good thing they loved it because they ate it nearly every day.

Five years later when I had a good job but had just bought a house (my house payment was $323, those were the days lol) and often had to choose between groceries and TP after the bills were paid, I was still eating noodles but usually with cream of mushroom or chicken soup over them. I also learned to make a mean navy bean soup. Smoked ham hocks could be had for 29 lb back before they got trendy, a 3 lb box of bacon ends was 99 or a drop or two of liquid smoke makes bean soup taste meaty even if there's nothing in it but salt, pepper and onion.
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 10:33 AM   #33
fatgirlflyin
needs a vacation

fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!

Fried potatoes with hot dogs sliced up in them.

We were pretty poor when I was a kid and there was a time when it was beans and cornbread for dinner every night. If dad had a bigger than expected paycheck then there would be ground beef or a hamhock in the beans. During this time breakfast was usually white rice with a little milk and sugar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post
Oh "chili beans"

ground some hamburger meat with onions, add a can of pinto beans or pork n beans and a few dashes of hot sauce.....

Goes good with corn bread.

Gizzards.....just buy those innard pieces from the meat dept, roll them in flour and fry. That spatula full of lard scares me every time......

Only had those damn gizzards ONCE......I think I'll stick with beans and cornbread.

Oh and let's not forget hot dogs cut up into mac n cheese.

Fried hot dog or bologna sandwiches anyone?
Old 09-18-2009, 10:35 AM   #34
fatgirlflyin
needs a vacation

fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geektastic1 View Post
I never liked to eat the stuff out of hand or on a cheese sandwich, but yeah, that government commodity cheese makes really good homemade mac n' cheese. My stepmom used to make that. I've also had cheese puffs made with it plus commodity butter and powdered milk, and it wasn't bad.
yup powdered milk. We drank that a lot as kids too. It wasn't too bad as long as it was really really cold.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:58 AM   #35
Esther
Queen Black Acid

Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I'm pretty broke these days, but not as broke as I was as a kid. When you're a kid, broke parents mean you're broke too - there's no way to dig yourself out.

Here is what my mother used to make in rough times, and what my siblings and I referred to as 'recycled chicken':

- Boil the living shit out of a big econo-sized package of chicken thighs and drumsticks. Fish out the chicken and dump maybe four thighs worth of meat back into the broth. Add potatoes, carrots, onions, noodles and seasoning and you have soup. Serve day one. Not too shabby.

- Take the remaining chicken thighs and drumsticks and attempt to "crisp them up" on the barbecue. Drench them in barbecue sauce to try and hide how dried out they are. You will inevitably fail. Serve day two with frozen peas and minute rice. Pretty shabby.

- Take the remaining barbecued chicken thighs and drumsticks, peel off the charred skin, and chop up the meat. Mix the meat with mayonnaise (because at this point it is so parched you wouldn't be able to get it down otherwise) and serve it on day three as chicken salad sandwiches. Shabby.

This pattern happened several times a month. I think this is one of the reasons I no longer eat chicken as an adult.
Esther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 11:34 AM   #36
Emma
On Timeout

Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!

Half a tiny pizza shared with nik.
Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 11:39 AM   #37
ssbwjedisweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenB View Post
i do this whenever i have coconut flakes :3.
Aren't they amazing. sometimes i but peanut butter in them,when am mixing it all together by the way i love your video

You have to jump sometimes,cuz life is not worth living if your scarred all the time;)
Old 09-18-2009, 11:40 AM   #38
Emma
On Timeout

Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbwjedisweetheart View Post
Aren't they amazing. sometimes i but peanut butter in them,when am mixing it all together by the way i love your video
urgh
Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 11:44 AM   #39
TraciJo67
On Timeout

TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

We were very poor when I was growing up, but we had livestock and turkey/chickens that we bred for food, and my father tended a huge garden that he filled with root vegetables, lettuce & cabbage, corn, and a variety of berries. My father & brothers also hunted for animals to supplement our diet during the wintertime -- usually deer, squirrel, rabbit, pheasant (I loved deer but couldn't bring myself to choke down anything else). We were actually very fortunate in that we always had plenty to eat. My mother was a very good cook, and we always had a hot breakfast and huge dinners. I can't believe it now, but back then, I'd have gladly traded my steaks and chops for a hotdog or a cheap Totinos pizza or standard "kid" food. Ironic, I know

Some of my favorites were, actually, the cheapest things to make: wilted lettuce salad with crumbly fried bacon & coated in the hot bacon grease ... corned beef & cabbage with new potatoes ... chicken 'n dumplings ... huge pots of spaghetti sauce using tomatoes & fresh herbs from the garden with savory hand-made meatballs. I loved biscuits & sawmill gravy (though my dad grew up during the Depression era when this was the only food he got, so if we had this too often, he'd complain).

I'm not much of a cook, but I have become adept at putting together a few simple ingredients for relatively cheap meals. Ramen noodles are a staple in our home, though I at least never use those disgusting sodium-infused spice packets that are included with the noodles.

My all-time favorite cheap meal: Stuffed bell peppers. Recipe as follows:

3-4 large green bell peppers - tops sliced off & seeds/innards scooped out.
1 pound of ground beef
1-2 medium sized diced tomatoes (can use canned tomatoes as well)
1 cup of cooked white rice
1/4 cup of italian-style breadcrumbs
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1-2 minced garlic cloves
Seasoning salt & onion powder to taste
1 1/2 tsp worchester (spelling?) sauce
1/4 jar of spaghetti sauce
1/2 cup cheddar cheese plus another 1/4 cup set aside

Fry the garlic (and onions, if you use them) in a small amount of oil. Add the hamburger and brown it. Add all other ingredients when the hamburger is nearly done and simmer until it's a nice, thick, fragrant paste. Scoop equal portions into each bell pepper, adding some fresh cheddar cheese to the top of each. Bake @ 350 until done -- usually about 20 minutes.

Oh, one last thing ... sometimes I will boil the peppers first, for about 3-4 minutes, before putting them in the oven. That makes them nice and soft.
TraciJo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:30 PM   #40
ssbwjedisweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurvyEm View Post
urgh
lol. Its good trust me

Old 09-18-2009, 12:43 PM   #41
QueenB
zoo-music girl

QueenB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!QueenB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!QueenB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!QueenB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!QueenB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!QueenB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!QueenB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!QueenB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!QueenB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!QueenB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!QueenB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbwjedisweetheart View Post
oh man. peanut butter! you're a genius :]

anyway, thanks. i think i got the link in another thread on this board. clara is so adorable.
QueenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 01:24 PM   #42
Risible
Monkey Daze

Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!

I made some french onion soup last night, and that's cheap and easy to make. Slice up 2-3 onions, sweat them in a couple tablespoons of butter for about 20 minutes over medium-low heat, add 2 cups beef broth (I used chicken stock) and two cups water, season with salt and pepper, bring to boil, return to simmer for 20 minutes. In the meantime, stick some stale bread under the broiler to brown them, then rub them with a clove of garlic. Put the bread in bowls, divide the soup up over them (two servings, or one very generous serving), top with cheese. I used jack and parm cheeses - use whatever you have on hand (swiss is good). You can stick the ovenproof bowls under the broiler to melt the cheese if you want.

Cheap and tasty.

Risible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 01:40 PM   #43
fatbottomedgrrl

fatbottomedgrrl can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post
My ex-husband was a poor white kid that grew up in a "project". He and one of his childhood friends used to love joking about gov't cheese all the time back in the day. They thought it was good and had stories about people stealing gov't cheese and also using it as a bartering tool to get stuff they wanted. The term gov't cheese is oddly quite amusing to me now....
My mother used to buy blocks of "govment" cheese from her co-workers around the holidays because she insisted that they made the best macaroni and cheese.

My very southern father had a huge garden about 40 miles away from the urban suburb where I grew up. The yield from tending that space in the spring and summer was the difference between feast and famine a lot of the time. When things got tight and it was every man for himself, my standby meal was (and still is) plain cooked spaghetti tossed with butter and a very generous amount of black pepper.
Old 09-18-2009, 01:54 PM   #44
Tooz
sweet chocolate christ

Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwondercake View Post
A bottle of maple syrup + white bread = syrup sandwiches.
Oh God that sounds awful...
Old 09-18-2009, 02:03 PM   #45
Rojodi

Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!

Lentan Fridays when my father's job didn't pay much, we had "poor Man's Omlettes", fried potatoes and onions, then eggs poured over it.

In college, I think 3 day old pizza my roommates actually left me.
Rojodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 02:23 PM   #46
Geektastic1

Geektastic1 does more than just post hot picsGeektastic1 does more than just post hot picsGeektastic1 does more than just post hot picsGeektastic1 does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojodi View Post
Lentan Fridays when my father's job didn't pay much, we had "poor Man's Omlettes", fried potatoes and onions, then eggs poured over it.
Oh, I like that! That's one of my favorite quick meals. It's good with fresh-ground pepper.
Old 09-18-2009, 02:24 PM   #47
Rojodi

Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geektastic1 View Post
Oh, I like that! That's one of my favorite quick meals. It's good with fresh-ground pepper.
My mom was a Fish-on-EVERY-Friday Catholic, but when we had no money this was what we were given. I prefered it to fish!
Rojodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 02:27 PM   #48
Geektastic1

I ate a lot of this growing up:

SOS (shit on a shingle):

Hamburger
Cream of Mushroom soup
Chopped onions and celery

Fry onions, celery, and hamburger, mix in cream of mushroom soup diluted with milk, powdered milk, half milk/half water, or water (bleah). Put over noodles.

I think the original SOS is supposed to be on toast, which is the "shingle", and I think the army version was probably creamed chipped beef? Anyway, I always had it over noodles.
Old 09-18-2009, 03:43 PM   #49
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risible View Post
I made some french onion soup last night, and that's cheap and easy to make. Slice up 2-3 onions, sweat them in a couple tablespoons of butter for about 20 minutes over medium-low heat, add 2 cups beef broth (I used chicken stock) and two cups water, season with salt and pepper, bring to boil, return to simmer for 20 minutes. In the meantime, stick some stale bread under the broiler to brown them, then rub them with a clove of garlic. Put the bread in bowls, divide the soup up over them (two servings, or one very generous serving), top with cheese. I used jack and parm cheeses - use whatever you have on hand (swiss is good). You can stick the ovenproof bowls under the broiler to melt the cheese if you want.

Cheap and tasty.

Risible

Wow.. I'm hungry - I think I'll just stop by and grab Bio's bowl of soup ( I don't care that he's 6'7") - that is too tasty a soup to pass up

Great recipe - what I like is that you can adjust the amount of salt in the soup.

Quote:

In college, I think 3 day old pizza my roommates actually left me.

That is a very tasty omlette... Do you add any shredded cheese to the dish?

Quote:
My mom was a Fish-on-EVERY-Friday Catholic, but when we had no money this was what we were given. I prefered it to fish!

Catholic School Memories

tonynyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 04:28 PM   #50
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

All this government cheese talk makes me remember my grandma. My grandma lived in VERY rural Michigan and she didn't have a lot of dishes she could prepare for us vegetarians so she'd make my favorite EVER mac n cheese. She used government cheese and chopped onions. I think she started my love affair with mac n cheese. I stayed with her for a month at a time a few summers and we'd go get her government cheese, milk in baggies and a few other staples. It brings back memories of the one on one time i got with her. I didn't get much of that with me being one of over 30 grandkids.

My poor meals:
I doctor up Kraft mac n cheese with things like salsa, chili powder or soy meat. It's 68 cents a box so it's very cheap.
I also make oriental flavored top ramen and throw in cubed sauteed tofu.
Top Ramen with vegetarian veggie soup mixed in.
I also make a casserole with cous couse, corn tortillas, a can of tomato sauce and 3 cans of vegetarian chili all baked in the oven with a smattering of cheese on top. It feeds my family of 3 two meals for less than 7 dollars