Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 10-05-2009, 05:12 PM   #126
cinnamitch
nope

cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!

Also, Angel Food Ministries offers low cost groceries. You order what package you want and pick it up at a designated site ( usually a church) I believe you can also order online now. You can get some great deals and they take food stamps/EBT You can get a box of groceries for 30 dollars and they offer additional boxes at varying prices. the website is http://www.angelfoodministries.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraciJo67 View Post
I found out earlier this year that the government has suspended some rules regarding food stamp/food support benefits for adults without dependents. Just an FYI for anyone who may have been as in the dark as I: Anyone who meets the income and asset guidelines will qualify for food support benefits. It used to be (and this I knew) 3 months of eligibility in a 36-month period of time. That part has been suspended due to the suckage of the economy. Since food support is a federally funded entitlement benefit, I'm sure that this would be true across all 50 states.

Also, I have referred some of my low-income clients to unemployment compensation even in cases where they've been fired or I just really didn't believe they'd get the benefit. I think that the UC has suspended or relaxed some of their requirements as well.

Also, unitedway.org has some really great resources for community-based agencies that can help with a variety of needs.
cinnamitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 12:25 PM   #127
superherogirl09

superherogirl09 has said some nice things

In response to the original question, I'd have to say two-week-old leftover bean dip mixed with rice. Either that or Kraft mac 'n' cheese with frozen broccoli mixed in (an effort to make it appear slightly healthier )
superherogirl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 05:19 PM   #128
JerseyGirl07093
Stick a fork in me

JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

This thread and the talk of government cheese and peanut butter made me think of a recipe I found many years ago. It's good for when you don't have much on hand but want a snack. I haven't made them in a while but I remember them being pretty good. Just don't overcook them or they'll get too hard.

Peanut Butter Puffs

1 egg white
dash salt
6 Tablespoons sugar
1/4 cup peanut butter

In a bowl beat egg white and salt til stiff peaks form. Gradually add sugar; beating til stiff peaks form. Stir in peanut butter. Drop from teaspoon 1 inch apart on cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 18 minutes til lightly browned. Cool slightly before removing from pan to cooling rack.
Makes 1 dozen.

You're your own standard of beauty. There's no one else in the world who looks like you, so how can you compare yourself to anyone else? - Stacy London
JerseyGirl07093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 05:38 PM   #129
succubus_dxb
Badonk. Adonk.

succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Recesswhat? I'm too busy being a broke student to notice a difference! Rice with ketchup and mustard. No i'm not joking. The next night was the same with pasta......

But I went to the market this morning and got myself some LOVELY things, the Brie is already gone....
Old 10-18-2009, 07:04 AM   #130
SuperMishe
Single. Wanna mingle?

SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I didn't have "real" pizza until I was at least ten years old. We had homemade pizza which was a slice of wonderbread, topped with a slice of American cheese, topped with a slice of tomato and a sprinkle of oregano toasted in the toaster oven.
SuperMishe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 11:21 AM   #131
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMishe View Post
I didn't have "real" pizza until I was at least ten years old. We had homemade pizza which was a slice of wonderbread, topped with a slice of American cheese, topped with a slice of tomato and a sprinkle of oregano toasted in the toaster oven.
You can make it with english muffins or bagels with tomato sauce and cheese-

My mom used to get those "pizza in a skillet" kits when I was small and make them with cottage cheese....OMG DISGUSTING!!

She never bought real milk....just powdered milk. I would only have it on cereal- with was usually just cornflakes.....because they are cheap.

She would never buy real sugar either......she only bought sweet n low because she was always on a diet. She would buy those unsweetened kool aid packets and tell me to put a pack of sweet n low in it. It was the nastiest sour drink ever.

I drank water.

I just didn't eat often time......no wonder I was a really skinny child

I thought school lunch was like gourmet food....I'm not kidding. Most of the hot, complete meals I got as a child came from the school cafeteria. No kidding.

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"

Last edited by Green Eyed Fairy; 10-18-2009 at 11:25 AM.
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 11:45 AM   #132
Sugar

Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post

My mom used to get those "pizza in a skillet" kits when I was small and make them with cottage cheese....OMG DISGUSTING!!

She never bought real milk....just powdered milk. I would only have it on cereal- with was usually just cornflakes.....because they are cheap.

She would never buy real sugar either......she only bought sweet n low because she was always on a diet. She would buy those unsweetened kool aid packets and tell me to put a pack of sweet n low in it. It was the nastiest sour drink ever.

I drank water.

I just didn't eat often time......no wonder I was a really skinny child

I thought school lunch was like gourmet food....I'm not kidding. Most of the hot, complete meals I got as a child came from the school cafeteria. No kidding.
I consider english muffin mini pizzas a treat lol. I even do a little mini pizza dance when I make them.
Sugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 11:46 AM   #133
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I consider english muffin mini pizzas a treat lol. I even do a little mini pizza dance when I make them.

They are.....just don't use cottage cheese on them

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
Old 10-18-2009, 11:51 AM   #134
Sugar

Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
They are.....just don't use cottage cheese on them
LMAO. In grade school the cafeteria would mix cottage cheese and macaroni and cheese it looked like barf. I'm not sure what they were thinking.
Sugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 11:54 AM   #135
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
LMAO. In grade school the cafeteria would mix cottage cheese and macaroni and cheese it looked like barf. I'm not sure what they were thinking.
They weren't....they were just cheap.

They probably got a big supply/surplus of it from the government.....and how else would you get school kids to eat that crap?
My mom worked in the school cafeteria one year when I was small. She still talks about how they would have to put one of those HUGE sticks of butter into every vegetable they made.....no wonder I liked their veggies so much, eh?

Old 10-19-2009, 06:24 PM   #136
SuperMishe
Single. Wanna mingle?

SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Are you kidding?!! English muffins would have been a luxury - and bagels!!?? Didn't have one of those til high school at least! Was probably in my early 20's when I first had cream cheese on a bagel!! LOL
SuperMishe is offline   Reply With Quote