Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Lounge

Old 09-25-2009, 09:29 AM   #1
MsGreenLantern
Keanu Drakula The Centaur

MsGreenLantern never has a post go unnoticedMsGreenLantern never has a post go unnoticedMsGreenLantern never has a post go unnoticedMsGreenLantern never has a post go unnoticedMsGreenLantern never has a post go unnoticedMsGreenLantern never has a post go unnoticedMsGreenLantern never has a post go unnoticed
Default Why Cancer Sucks

Cancer sucks because it attacked a young woman with two children, a loving devoted husband, a toddler grandchild, and a huge family who loved her. Cancer sucks because it took her mind before her body and left her unable to even communicate in the end. Cancer sucks because she won't see her daughters get married, or her grandchild go to school.

RIP Aunt Mae. I know the brain and lung cancer can't hurt you where you are now. The suffering is over.

If you have lost anyone to cancer and would like to vent, go for it. It is a fresh wound for me... as in this morning, and I'm sure others have had to lose someone special to cancer as well.

She was diagnosed with a cancerous brain tumor that had spread to her lungs. They gave her 6 months, she took 6 years. She fought the good fight... but it was not one she could win.
Old 09-25-2009, 09:38 AM   #2
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsGreenLantern View Post

If you have lost anyone to cancer and would like to vent, go for it. It is a fresh wound for me... as in this morning, and I'm sure others have had to lose someone special to cancer as well.

(((MsGreenLantern)))

I'm so sorry that such a beloved aunt was taken from your life

Cancer does suck. My uncle died from an incredibly invasive brain tumour - he only lasted the forecasted 6 mths, though. One of the most depressing aspects is watching someone's mind degrade, to the point where they don't understand where they are, who you are, or what simple objects represent.

I've been undergoing cancer therapy for years, too, but it is nothing so severe.
Old 09-25-2009, 09:38 AM   #3
Mini
Right, not nice

Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.

A couple days ago one of my college professors passed on from cancer. He'd only been diagnosed in April of this year. I'm still in shock.

I'm sorry for your loss.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:25 AM   #4
snuggletiger
Clowns Fear Me

snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Amen
My best buddy has been fighting Lung Cancer for 5 years. he didn't know he had it until he collapsed one morning, went to the ER and they found a shaded region in the lung. Turns out it was a stage 3 tumor. He went through radiation and chemo. and after a while the tumor stopped growing but didn't shrink, just sorta stayed there. Now on sunday they have found 7 spots of brain cancer, and yesterday the doctors say there's a brain tumor and he has 2 months. Now he's getting radiation treatments.
So yeah. Cancer nobody likes you.
Old 09-25-2009, 11:12 AM   #5
Blackjack_Jeeves
I'm a pepper, too...

Blackjack_Jeeves is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBlackjack_Jeeves is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBlackjack_Jeeves is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBlackjack_Jeeves is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBlackjack_Jeeves is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBlackjack_Jeeves is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBlackjack_Jeeves is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBlackjack_Jeeves is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBlackjack_Jeeves is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBlackjack_Jeeves is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBlackjack_Jeeves is a pillar of the Dimensions community

My grandfather and my girlfriend's uncle (who has always treated me very nicely) both have been diagnosed with Cancer, albeit different ones. They both fought it, took treatments, and had been told they had "beaten" it, that it was in recession. Within the past year, they have both been informed that it has returned - in my grandfather's case, it apparently spread to other locations and they never even caught it for almost 2 years. On top of that, I remember going to my best friend's house after his mother died almost without warning due to Cancer. I was with him for several days, and I went to the funeral and all that. Though it definitely brought us closer together, it changed him, a lot. I was only trying to help out with anything I could, because Cancer is just one of those things that leaves everyone involved feeling so helpless. I don't want to get that phone call from my grandmother (who has also fought her own Cancer battle) anytime soon...

You can understand why I did a research paper all on Stem Cell Research in one of my college courses, and can probably assume which side I defended. Cancer will be beaten, and hopefully in our lifetimes. But it feels like we have a long way to go.

I wish you and yours a much happier time, MsGreenLantern. The fight you all must battle now is sometimes just as painful. Best wishes.
"It is difficult to produce a television documentary that is both incisive and probing when every twelve minutes one is interrupted by twelve dancing rabbits singing about toilet paper." - Rob Serling

"The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them into the impossible." - Arthur C. Clarke

"Isn't it interesting that the same people who laugh at science fiction listen to weather forecasts and economists?" - Kevin Throop III
Blackjack_Jeeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 11:26 AM   #6
Cors
Delurking

Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!

Sorry for your loss, MsGreenLantern. Your aunt had been so strong, and now at least she is not in pain anymore. Hugs to the rest of you who have lost friends and family to cancer too.

My grandmother and aunts passed away from cancer, and my mother had a couple of scares recently. I really hope a cure can be found in our lifetime.
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 02:53 PM   #7
stan_der_man
The Teflon Frog

Location: Born in The Mission, raised on Rt. 66, living in the Squirrel Ghetto, SoCal
stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.

My condolences for the passing of your aunt MsGreenLantern... I know how you feel. My sister who was 45 years old (one year older than me...) died last November from breast cancer. She fought it for 3 years.

"Regardless of who runs the websites and organizations, the cause belongs to all of us.
stan_der_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 03:19 PM   #8
Gingembre
radar detector

Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!

I am sorry for you loss, MsGreenLantern. It is a sad fact these days that nearly everyone knows at least one person who has been lost to this disease. My mum's oldest friend died 2 years ago from brain & liver cancer, leaving her husband and 2 teenage children. She fought bravely for 3 years but, as others have said, it is a very hard battle to win.
Sticks and stones may break your bones but words can break your heart - Tim Minchin
Gingembre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 04:01 PM   #9
Still a Skye fan
Normalcy is overrated

Still a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging in

My condolences on your loss, Ms Green Lantern.

Cancer does indeed suck, I lost a family member to it almost 12 years and the empty spot is still there.

Hugs

Dennis

Michelle (Read or Dream)
Still a Skye fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 04:56 PM   #10
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Amen

Quote:
Cancer sucks...snipped......
RIP Aunt Mae. I know the brain and lung cancer can't hurt you where you are now. The suffering is over.
....snipped.....

She was diagnosed with a cancerous brain tumor that had spread to her lungs. They gave her 6 months, she took 6 years. She fought the good fight... but it was not one she could win.
My sincere condolences to you, MsGreenLantern,
for the loss of your Aunt Mae.

You got to lose to know how to win.(Aerosmith-Dream On)

Fat is like grass, it'll never go away and there's a hell
of a lot of money to be made by controlling it!

Life is only therapy, real expensive and no guarantees.

Fat is only ugly to those who hate.

Federal Pacific Panels & Breakers have known fire hazards!
imfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 05:19 PM   #11
KCBBW

KCBBW has said some nice things
Default I'll vent... cancer SUX

First, I am so very sorry for your loss. Nothing replaces a loved one.

I lost my husband to gastric cancer this past January. We went through 2 operations and 8 months of chemo. Our time together was short but it was precious. It sux that they can send a man to the moon, but they can't find a cure for all these horrible diseases that take people that we love from us.
KCBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 05:24 PM   #12
BBW Betty
Made My Saving Throw

BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. ((hugs)). You and your family will be in my prayers.

We are also struggling with "loss to come," for lack of a better phrase. My father-in-law had a kidney with a very large tumor removed in January of '08. (Actually, my mom had the exact same thing on the same day, but hers looks like a success story for now.)

Anyway, about a month or two ago, it was discovered that my father-in-law's cancer had spread to his lungs and other places. He was told worst case scenario was 1-3 months, best case 1-3 years. He is so healthy otherwise, and has been accepted for a medical trial to see if a new drug can help. But there is no guarantee of anything, of course. We are just thankful that he is otherwise healthy and still able to do the things he loves for now. And meantime, we are enjoying the time we have with him.

"Be the change you want to see in the world." --Mahatma Gandhi
BBW Betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 04:10 AM   #13
thejuicyone
Juicy Juice

thejuicyone makes people happy simply by logging inthejuicyone makes people happy simply by logging inthejuicyone makes people happy simply by logging inthejuicyone makes people happy simply by logging inthejuicyone makes people happy simply by logging inthejuicyone makes people happy simply by logging inthejuicyone makes people happy simply by logging inthejuicyone makes people happy simply by logging in

Sorry about your loss. =/

My grandmother died from lung cancer as well.

But right now, my dad has stage 4 lymphoma. It fucking sucks. nuff' said.
The doctors are no help though, they just said he had "years" left
to live, just "years". Shitty thing about the whole thing is that my dad
continues to smoke and drink daily. His immune system is already so low as
it is from the chemo, so any little thing could make him extremely sick. I think
at this point he honestly just doesn't care. =/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~Brandi
thejuicyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 07:30 AM   #14
Adamantoise
Adamantine Tortoise

Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Cancer sucks because it attacked a young woman with two children, a loving devoted husband, a toddler grandchild, and a huge family who loved her. Cancer sucks because it took her mind before her body and left her unable to even communicate in the end. Cancer sucks because she won't see her daughters get married, or her grandchild go to school.

I'm truly sorry for your loss,MsGreenLantern-my grandad passed away not too long ago from cancer. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Adamantoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 03:51 PM   #15
CAMellie
Gabriel Spencer

CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!

My condolences to you.

I lost my husband to colo-rectal cancer after only 16 months of marriage...he was only 37.
Now my best friend is fighting lung cancer. She has just been approved for clinical trials of a new drug that looks very promising.
Cancer is evil...plain and simple.
CAMellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 04:04 PM   #16
littlefairywren
Chi Chi

littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!

I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

My dear friend Helen was taken after a long battle with cancer when we were both 22 and it was the hardest thing to watch her slip away. The impact of that still stays with me now

Hugs!
Old 09-26-2009, 09:55 PM   #17
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.

My condolences and sorry for your loss Ms Green Lantern.
tonynyc is offline   Reply With Quote