Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 09-29-2009, 09:06 AM   #1
Flutterby68
My Cups Runneth Over

Flutterby68 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesFlutterby68 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesFlutterby68 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default What Do YOU Do To Feel Pretty?

What do you ladies do to feel pretty in a society that says women over a certain size CAN'T be pretty?

I don't wear makeup very often, but I do try to wear jewelry unless I'm doing housework or something. Since I make my own jewelry, I always have something nice to wear if I want to.

As for clothes... I used to live in sweatpants. When I was working, I wore professional clothes to work and always managed to look decent, if not great. I just didn't want to BOTHER with it. I guess I felt like it was pointless to try because I would never be pretty.

Now that I'm not working, I try to wear jeans every day and the top be flattering. If I wear tshirts, they are not stretched out and stained, but clean and fit well. When/if I find another job, I'm going to make more of an effort with my office clothes.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not. (me)
Flutterby68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 09:40 AM   #2
Tau
IXAMXDECADENCE

Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I turn up the music and dance, at home, in my car. There's also a fantastic club where we dance on tables - I can't begin to tell you how deeply I get off on that. I feel invincilbe when I'm up there. Also, belly dance. The costumes, the movements - I pretend I'm the favourite courtesan in the Pharoahs court about to execute a daring escape and gallop off into the distance with a Nubian prince Also, I can't leave the house without my earrings - I love huge, chunky gold jewelry and my hair looking good. And lipgloss!! I cannot do without my lipgloss But really, best beauty treatment of all, is really fantastic sex. Its just in depressingly short supply
Old 09-29-2009, 09:45 AM   #3
Sugar

Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I don't wear makeup either and I'm always light on the jewelry.

I have some joint damage on my feet and I'm really sensitive about that bump now...I feel like my feet used to be adorable...not so much now. Anyway, I get a mani/pedi every 3-4 weeks. It's little but it makes a huge difference in how I feel. The mani usually comes off in a week, but the pedi lasts the full time.

I also take the time to tint my hair once a month now that I'm about 30% silver. It's a simple box of Natural Instincts. Plus I feel like it keeps my hair in better shape and tames the coarse silver.
Sugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 09:59 AM   #4
Flutterby68
My Cups Runneth Over

Flutterby68 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesFlutterby68 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesFlutterby68 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I would LOVE to be able to take belly dancing lessons. I've wanted to for over a decade, but always needed to do something else.

I've decided that once I find another job and start getting a regular paycheck again, I AM going to take belly dancing lessons. I deserve to do something JUST FOR ME.

Old 09-29-2009, 12:01 PM   #5
ashmamma84
Om Namah Shivayah

ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I excercise. I have been practicing yoga and bellydance for almost 4 years. I love how peaceful and calm the yoga makes me feel. And the bellydancing makes me feel so sexy when I'm shimmying around. I feel like a goddess. I really enjoy it. Most recently I've taken up pole dancing/exotic dance; it's really great excercise and I have a whole other respect for sckrippas (strippers)! Being on the pole is so fun too! It definitely builds your confidence and helps with becoming more comfortable with your body - the way it looks, the way it moves, etc. And then practicing at home with a more than appreciative audience always makes for a good time.

I also love clothes, love fashion, etc. I enjoy dressing well. I'm a woman who prefers to be in dresses and heels; whether I'm grocery shopping or going to dinner. I am into undergarments as well. Pretty lacy, racy things. A bustier or pretty panties. I'm a big fan of matching bra/panty sets too.

A spa day here and there for some pampering is nice too. But since I don't always have time for that; my normal upkeep is just getting my brows, fill in, pedi and hair done like clock work; so about every 2 weeks. I enjoy looking and feeling put together and taking an overall pride in my appearance.

Also - a spritz of a nice smell good is a quick way to feel pretty too. I know I really like catching wafs of my sig. scent throughout the day. It's a nice touch.

Whatever you do, Flutterby, do it for you! And have some fun with it!
Old 09-29-2009, 01:23 PM   #6
Tania
Disneyland Bobsled Team

Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I spend way more than I ought on clothes, jewelry, and makeup. I get my hair done and my brows waxed every month. It all helps me feel put-together and in control of my appearance and through it, my life.

I feel best when I live the look and lifestyle I admire most. I do my best to create an elegant, retro identity and lifestyle, cobbling together inherited antiques and old and new pieces of jewelry, clothing, and furniture/decor that I like (when I can afford it, ha). At the moment, most of my cool knicknacks and furniture are in storage, but my 1930s painted bedroom set is here at home. That makes me happy.

~ The Cure

"She will never submit to any thing requiring industry and patience, and a subjection of the fancy to the understanding."
~ Mr. Knightley on Emma, Jane Austen's Emma
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 04:22 PM   #7
jdsumm
persistently hopeful

jdsumm does more than just post hot picsjdsumm does more than just post hot picsjdsumm does more than just post hot picsjdsumm does more than just post hot pics

Well for me, I am just learning to think of myself as pretty NOW, not pretty, "if only"... so it has been a fun year for me as I have actually spent time and money (too much money unfortunately) purchasing things that look good and sexy even. Now, at least most of the time, when I look in the mirror, I actually do see true beauty. (wow, I said that out loud without any disclaimers -that's new for me!) Anyway, I no longer have only "granny panties", I have very sexy panties and bras and even some pretty hot lingerie. I have 3 new pair of high heels that look very hot, although I still wobble around in them as I'm not used to walking in them yet. One big thing for me that may sound silly but it has made a huge difference for me, is going to get my nails done --I love having pretty fingernails! I even got my first pedicure this year.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:31 PM   #8
littlefairywren
Chi Chi

littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!

I love to wear some makeup, never forget my mascara! I never save perfume for a special occasion either, that always makes me feel all girly

Also, pretty underwear....laces and frills.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:48 PM   #9
bobbleheaddoll
loves her bhm!

bobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging in

as most people on here know...i have a serious lipstick habit. love it!makes me feel all girlie and pretty.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:56 PM   #10
luscious_lulu
Boobzilla

luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

deleted...

Last edited by luscious_lulu; 09-29-2009 at 05:01 PM.
luscious_lulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 07:14 AM   #11
Ruffie

Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!

In addition to what some of the other posters have said, I like to wear nice matching underwear under my clothes. Makes me feel sexy and carry myself differently throughout the day.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:02 PM   #12
Flutterby68
My Cups Runneth Over

It's SO hard for me to find matching underwear sets. The sets that come packaged together, either the bra or the panties don't fit right. Drives me crazy. The only way I can buy matching sets is to spend a FORTUNE at somewhere like Lane Bryant and buy them separately.. wish I could afford to, because I NEED a pick me up.

Old 09-30-2009, 03:19 PM   #13
littlefairywren
Chi Chi

littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutterby68 View Post
It's SO hard for me to find matching underwear sets. The sets that come packaged together, either the bra or the panties don't fit right. Drives me crazy. The only way I can buy matching sets is to spend a FORTUNE at somewhere like Lane Bryant and buy them separately.. wish I could afford to, because I NEED a pick me up.
I have the same problem here, have to buy seperates. Most of the time I can mix and match and they end up looking like a set, but why does it have to be so expensive They are just bitty pieces of fabric lol.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:45 PM   #14
Fluffy51888
Glitter Queen

Fluffy51888 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffy51888 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffy51888 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffy51888 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffy51888 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffy51888 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffy51888 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffy51888 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffy51888 makes people happy simply by logging in

I sing.

I've been singing since I was old enough to talk, and even before, really. It's something that makes me feel completely at peace with myself. I feel so in my element and happy when I sing.
Fluffy51888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 05:23 PM   #15
Crystal

Crystal has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crystal has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crystal has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crystal has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crystal has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crystal has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crystal has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crystal has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crystal has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crystal has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crystal has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

When Bath and Body Works has a Semi-Annual sale, I stock up on $12 Body Cream (closer to $4 or $5 during the sale).

I shave almost every day, even if it's just a quick shave, and I always put lotion on my legs and arms when I get out of the shower. It makes my legs even smoother and leaves my body smelling fresh (my particular favorite is Moonlight Path).

Even if I'm feeling bad, smelling delicious and having smooth legs makes me feel super sexy.
Crystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 12:48 AM   #16
katherine22

katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I am a clothing designer and love beautiful fabric particularly silk. I wearl dresses, high heels and NEVER leave the house without wearing make-up. I do not believe in the concept of natural beauty, to me beauty is cultivation.

Queen Elizabeth I residing within.

If I continue to eat I will grow as big as a room.
"What are rooms for?":bow:
katherine22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 12:50 AM   #17
katherine22

katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau View Post
I turn up the music and dance, at home, in my car. There's also a fantastic club where we dance on tables - I can't begin to tell you how deeply I get off on that. I feel invincilbe when I'm up there. Also, belly dance. The costumes, the movements - I pretend I'm the favourite courtesan in the Pharoahs court about to execute a daring escape and gallop off into the distance with a Nubian prince Also, I can't leave the house without my earrings - I love huge, chunky gold jewelry and my hair looking good. And lipgloss!! I cannot do without my lipgloss But really, best beauty treatment of all, is really fantastic sex. Its just in depressingly short supply
Rock on, Tau

Queen Elizabeth I residing within.

If I continue to eat I will grow as big as a room.
"What are rooms for?":bow:
katherine22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 07:52 AM   #18
Tau
IXAMXDECADENCE

Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutterby68 View Post
I would LOVE to be able to take belly dancing lessons. I've wanted to for over a decade, but always needed to do something else.

I've decided that once I find another job and start getting a regular paycheck again, I AM going to take belly dancing lessons. I deserve to do something JUST FOR ME.
f

Do it chick! It feels amazing. Ash, I have a question about the pole dancing. I have trouble lifting my body weight with my arms - as in monkey bars at the park are agony - would that be a problem if I wanted to do the pole dancing cos I really, really want to do it!
Old 10-01-2009, 07:53 AM   #19
Tau
IXAMXDECADENCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by katherine22 View Post
I am a clothing designer and love beautiful fabric particularly silk. I wearl dresses, high heels and NEVER leave the house without wearing make-up. I do not believe in the concept of natural beauty, to me beauty is cultivation.
Ooooo! I'm so interested in learning how to design as well. I'm currently channeling all my cash into camera equipment and learning photoshop but next year I want to take a fashion design course and learn how to create beautiful clothes. You're so lucky you have this skill.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:58 AM   #20
Tau
IXAMXDECADENCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy51888 View Post
I sing.

I've been singing since I was old enough to talk, and even before, really. It's something that makes me feel completely at peace with myself. I feel so in my element and happy when I sing.
I read somewhere that this produces endorphins. I love to sing as well, when I'm feeling really low I sing a few of my favourite hymns from when I was in school and it immediatly lightens my spirit. My std 2 teacher, Sister Emmanuelle, told us that singing is like praying twice because you're using an instrument of God in the best way possible Thats always warmed me up inside.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:14 AM   #21
Tau
IXAMXDECADENCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsumm View Post
Well for me, I am just learning to think of myself as pretty NOW, not pretty, "if only"... so it has been a fun year for me as I have actually spent time and money (too much money unfortunately) purchasing things that look good and sexy even. Now, at least most of the time, when I look in the mirror, I actually do see true beauty. (wow, I said that out loud without any disclaimers -that's new for me!) Anyway, I no longer have only "granny panties", I have very sexy panties and bras and even some pretty hot lingerie. I have 3 new pair of high heels that look very hot, although I still wobble around in them as I'm not used to walking in them yet. One big thing for me that may sound silly but it has made a huge difference for me, is going to get my nails done --I love having pretty fingernails! I even got my first pedicure this year.
YAY You!!!! That makes me so happy to hear
Old 10-01-2009, 08:45 AM   #22
Flutterby68
My Cups Runneth Over

I sing and I'm very good at it, but I have SUCH crippling stage fright I can't even do karaoke in a bar with a bunch of people I know. It literally makes me run to the bathroom to be sick.

I DO make handmade one-of-a-kind jewelry and I love it... but it's funny, I so seldom wear it. I concentrate so much on making it to sell that I forget that I'm allowed to wear it too.

Old 10-01-2009, 12:55 PM   #23
ashmamma84
Om Namah Shivayah

ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
f

Do it chick! It feels amazing. Ash, I have a question about the pole dancing. I have trouble lifting my body weight with my arms - as in monkey bars at the park are agony - would that be a problem if I wanted to do the pole dancing cos I really, really want to do it!
Not at first. I highly recommend another form of excercise in conjunction with the pole dancing for strength and stamina. You start of slowly though, so don't worry about not being able to lift your weight. There are different levels to the pole dancing; so you'd start off as a beginner with some basic pole moves. Nothing that requires advanced choreography or anything. Cause lemme tell you, honey...the shit is hard! But fun! Be prepared to sweat!
Old 10-01-2009, 01:51 PM   #24
jdsumm
persistently hopeful

jdsumm does more than just post hot picsjdsumm does more than just post hot picsjdsumm does more than just post hot picsjdsumm does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
YAY You!!!! That makes me so happy to hear
Thank you!
Old 10-01-2009, 05:53 PM   #25
Fluffy51888
Glitter Queen

Fluffy51888 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffy51888 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffy51888 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffy51888 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffy51888 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffy51888 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffy51888 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffy51888 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffy51888 makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
I read somewhere that this produces endorphins. I love to sing as well, when I'm feeling really low I sing a few of my favourite hymns from when I was in school and it immediatly lightens my spirit. My std 2 teacher, Sister Emmanuelle, told us that singing is like praying twice because you're using an instrument of God in the best way possible Thats always warmed me up inside.

Yes, I love to sing some of my favorite hymns as well! And I love that description about singing is praying twice...I'll definitley remember that the next time I'm singing. Thank you so much for sharing that with me!
Fluffy51888 is offline   Reply With Quote