Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum



Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2009, 04:18 AM   #176
mergirl
 
mergirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 6,927
mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post
Holy shit....I just now realized that this IS the protected BBW board thanks to Fasc.....

All the nasty bashing against women that dare to speak their thoughts had me thinking it is the weight board.

Christ.
HOLY FUCK you are right!!!
Seriously..i had forgotten.
__________________
We must learn that to passively accept an unjust system is to cooperate with that system, thereby to become a participant in its evil. -Martin Luther King, Jr.
mergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 05:21 AM   #177
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher
 
LillyBBBW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 9,794
LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovelyone View Post
hmmm, I dont see your point. I just stated my opinion and even went as far as to say that eventhough its not something I dont like, it doesnt mean that its wrong for those who do like it. I don't see what's the problem. Might be a good idea to re-read that original post I submitted. Cos I didnt think that I said anything offensive. In fact I thought I was being fairly open-minded to the oppositions fondness of the (as you call it) "fat tub" verse, and stayed rather neutral in what I had to say--of course with the exception that it just isn't for me.
You opened your post by stating, "I've read this entire thread and I didn't see any personal attacks on anyone." Maybe I should have bolded that portion because that's what I was responding to. I was highlighting the reason people are reacting as if being personally offended and ended with a rhetorical question. I was never accusing you of anything. My apologies if it was interpreted that way.
__________________
Expecting the world to treat you kindly because you are a good person is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 02:54 PM   #178
Lovelyone
Fat, and loveable!
 
Lovelyone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: South Bend, Indiana
Posts: 3,411
Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Thank you so much for clearing that up Lilly. I admit I was slightly confused--but not offended in the least--as to which part of my post you were referring.Tha's why I asked. No apologies needed. Your thoughts and postings (at least to me) are interesting and have always offered up food for thought. Thanks again.

and as to the question originally asked by the op about what to do in that situation...I think that you have the right to stop everything, explain to the person how what they said may have thrown you off guard. I think that clear comjunication is always key in every type of situation. It could have been that he was just "testing the waters" as it were. He may have not known what your feelings were on the subject and didn't know how to approach it, and/or he just didnt care. In either case, had there been some type of communication either before or after--it would give both of you a chance to examine the situation and decide whether or not it was right for the both of you.


Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyBBBW View Post
You opened your post by stating, "I've read this entire thread and I didn't see any personal attacks on anyone." Maybe I should have bolded that portion because that's what I was responding to. I was highlighting the reason people are reacting as if being personally offended and ended with a rhetorical question. I was never accusing you of anything. My apologies if it was interpreted that way.
__________________
"I don't envy the headache you'll have when you awake, but while you are sleeping dream of LARGE women." -The Princess Bride
Lovelyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 07:10 AM   #179
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher
 
LillyBBBW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 9,794
LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fascinita View Post
Lilly, there are many parts of the board where everyone else's needs come first. This is a board for BBW to express their thoughts and experiences. It is a protected board.

Whether those ideas expressed by BBW hurt someone else's feelings or not is not the issue. Posts that break general Dimensions rules or BBW Forum rules should be reported to the mods. Otherwise, if it's expressed by a BBW, it's protected. Period.

You may feel like you, as a BBW, want to give your own perspective on an issue. Some BBW did just that. That is also protected. Disruptive, torpid commentary from non-BBW is not.
Of course you are exactly right. I just want to clarify that I was not at all condoning some of the belt-loop swaggering that has been going on in this board. Even when on some level here and there I've felt some agreement I'm just as irritated with the tone and the scoldings as everyone else. I think that if people find it beneath them to remove their hat, wipe their feet and treat the people here with respect then they don't need to be skittering around in here in the first place, that's just my opinion.

What I am saying is that I think it is unwise to assume imperialism when it comes to expressing our views. For example, if someone innocently expresses a negative opinon of paysite models and their motives. Though I may strongly object, on this board I would do so in a respectful manner even if it means taking a few deep breaths before doing so. It seems only fair that this should be required conduct for ALL of us, not just the men, not just the feedees, not just the people who disagree. If I respond with, "WTFFFF!!!! " I should be called on it and not allowed to slap people up unchecked just because I'm a BBW. I've been called fourth here in this very thread myself a few times. Why shouldnt I be? I mean I know this isn't Sunnybrook Farm or anything but I think it's worth the effort to at least try to coexist among people of differing pursuasions.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovelyone View Post
Thank you so much for clearing that up Lilly. I admit I was slightly confused--but not offended in the least--as to which part of my post you were referring.Tha's why I asked. No apologies needed. Your thoughts and postings (at least to me) are interesting and have always offered up food for thought. Thanks again.

and as to the question originally asked by the op about what to do in that situation...I think that you have the right to stop everything, explain to the person how what they said may have thrown you off guard. I think that clear comjunication is always key in every type of situation. It could have been that he was just "testing the waters" as it were. He may have not known what your feelings were on the subject and didn't know how to approach it, and/or he just didnt care. In either case, had there been some type of communication either before or after--it would give both of you a chance to examine the situation and decide whether or not it was right for the both of you.
*sigh* I miss you.
__________________
Expecting the world to treat you kindly because you are a good person is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 11:28 AM   #180
kayrae
doot doot doot
 
kayrae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,205
kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Conclusion: I told him I didn't like it. He said he won't do it again. End scene.
kayrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 01:03 AM   #181
HeatherBBW
Nerd-like.
 
HeatherBBW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Walnut, California
Posts: 1,994
HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayrae View Post
Conclusion: I told him I didn't like it. He said he won't do it again. End scene.
Looks for "Like This" icon.. blah wrong webpage!

So instead, I give you this perfectly good:

I'm glad that you told him and glad he was respectful to your request. Now, smooch on sister!
__________________
Follow Me On Twitter @ CLICK Here!
HeatherBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 03:12 AM   #182
SocialbFly
I am keeping Tina!
 
SocialbFly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: In a house
Posts: 3,090
SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayrae View Post
Conclusion: I told him I didn't like it. He said he won't do it again. End scene.
Can i ask you a question Kay?? I was just curious if you wonder where his original comment came from and his feelings that this may surface again, not the same issue but similar...i know we all enter in to relationships with certain expectations, even if they are small or very large expectations...

me, personally, because i over think things, i would be wondering just where that original comment came from, the motivation behind it, including the expected outcome and then i would wonder what would prompt it to happen again...

i know i know, hush up Dianna
__________________
LEARN to ACCEPT without GUILT what is given in LOVE to you. RV

Medical advisor to the Mayor of Fatopia :)
SocialbFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 05:20 AM   #183
kayrae
doot doot doot
 
kayrae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,205
kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

I haven't really probed any deeper. I guess I believe that it wouldn't happen again.
kayrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 01:47 PM   #184
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 10,129
mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

This thread is just a good general reminder that it is always a smart thing to keep ones eyes and ears open.
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright Dimensions Magazine. All rights reserved worldwide.