Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > FA/FFA forum

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 07:48 AM   #51
Weeze
Justin Bieber of Dims

Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I'm... really concerned... with the number of women agreeing with this and/or taking it as a compliment. Really.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:51 AM   #52
exile in thighville
groups/347570880589/

exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!

this is easy though: bigger girls are rarer to see in real life - especially outside the u.s., hence more demand for their paysites. to a lesser extent, girls being paid to take pictures of their fat bodies are likely to gain weight.

Last edited by exile in thighville; 11-02-2009 at 08:18 AM.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:02 AM   #53
missy_blue_eyez

missy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismiss View Post
I'm... really concerned... with the number of women agreeing with this and/or taking it as a compliment. Really.
I wouldnt say it was a compliment, nor am I offended by it.......I can not criticise someone for merely advocating their preference with the car analogy. Everyone does it.........i.e the saying that goes around about men whom prefer larger women....... 'bones are for the dog, meat is for the man' its an analogy which in turn glorifies the preference for a large woman? How is that any different? If somebody wishes to liken their preference to a car then fair enough.......Im not gonna be pissed off just because I may not fit into their category of what they deem beautiful. Who cares? Really? I may not be the SSBBW of somes dreams, but Im the BBW which others may find attractive.........and likewise......there are men on here who may not be the Christian Louboutin's Ive dreamed of.....but others I will look at (i.e le boyfriend) who is....so what?

Yes I likened a man to a pair of dream shoes............is that so wrong?
Old 11-02-2009, 09:12 AM   #54
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Ive never heard the saying 'bones are for the dog, meat is for the man'.. how bizarre. Does it mean that skinny women only get to go out with arseholes? Animals? That those who go out with big women (meat) are real men? Its such a strange saying, which i'm sure was written by a man. On a thread in here recently i saw that someone had said "you don't go into the butcher just for the seasoning"... Its like people are pieces of meat.. and what skinny women are the flavouring? So So.. well bizzare.. and nasty.
Again.. not size acceptance..whatever way you paint it. Same with the car analogy. Anything that suggests one size of people are better somehow than another size is not size acceptance. Comparing women to Cars and Meat is kinna just crass.
Whatever though i guess eh?
Old 11-02-2009, 09:14 AM   #55
missy_blue_eyez

missy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Maybe his likening had nothing to do with size acceptance, thats correct and maybe it had everything to do with his personal preference....which is allowed?! Or are we not allowed to vocalize that now without someone getting a bee in their bonnet because it may offend!?! Im sorry, but it all comes down to the point again dosent it where if that analogy was said by a BBW about a man, I doubt you would have had such a massive problem with it.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:20 AM   #56
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Cars, meat and fat people maby..I imagine a fat car meat human cyborg perhaps.
Yeah..its just that.. isn't this site ment to be respectful to fat people and be advocating of size acceptance? I think people have been feeling left out by the 'preferences' of some..which is a pity because fat people should be made to feel like they fit in here as much as fa's.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:33 AM   #57
exile in thighville
groups/347570880589/

exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!

Conrad Made A Joke
Old 11-02-2009, 09:33 AM   #58
exile in thighville
groups/347570880589/

the answer to this thread is the natasfan factor
Old 11-02-2009, 09:35 AM   #59
exile in thighville
groups/347570880589/

natasfan factor
natasfan factor
natasfan factor
natasfan factor
natasfan factor
natasfan factor
natasfan factor
Old 11-02-2009, 09:35 AM   #60
mergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by exile in thighville View Post
Conrad Made A Joke
AAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..
ok
Old 11-02-2009, 09:41 AM   #61
missy_blue_eyez

In all seriousness though, just in conversation with Mark and he did just liken me to the batmobile.......

movie-batmobile.jpg

Apparently he had many a fantasy about owning one of those

Damn and there was me thinking id be the Aston Martin DB7 of his dreams!
Old 11-02-2009, 09:45 AM   #62
mergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by missy_blue_eyez View Post
In all seriousness though, just in conversation with Mark and he did just liken me to the batmobile.......

Attachment 72448

Apparently he had many a fantasy about owning one of those

Damn and there was me thinking id be the Aston Martin DB7 of his dreams!
Are you kidding?? To be the batmobile you would have to weigh at LEAST 800lbs!!!
Old 11-02-2009, 10:09 AM   #63
BigCutieSasha
Fatty McFat Fat

BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exile in thighville View Post
this is easy though: bigger girls are rarer to see in real life - especially outside the u.s., hence more demand for their paysites. to a lesser extent, girls being paid to take pictures of their fat bodies are likely to gain weight.
Exactly what I was going to say.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:25 AM   #64
Wagimawr

Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
owning
Hmm. This might also be a part of the problem.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:26 AM   #65
missy_blue_eyez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagimawr View Post
Hmm. This might also be a part of the problem.
Its ok, he's aware that he wears the trousers.....but I tell him what colour!
Old 11-02-2009, 10:47 AM   #66
Sandie_Zitkus
Entrepreneur

Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Its ok, he's aware that he wears the trousers.....but I tell him what colour!

OMG - I love that!
Old 11-02-2009, 11:48 AM   #67
OneWickedAngel
Untamed Woman...

OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I know the basic history of Dims and I fully understand why the paysites are populated mostly with SSBBW beauties and I begrudge no one for it. I know it irks some BBWs that it is that way, but it has never bothered me personally. It’s the general “syndrome” that permeates the majority of the boards that I think is what gets to some.

When I was first told about Dimensions, I perceived it as a place where ALL women who feel fat and marginalized by the mainstream world can find a home. While I was having fun in the games section it was fine and I felt welcomed enough. It was only until I started participating in the discussions that I was hit with the internal size-archy of Dims and yes there is one. I imagine the reality check is similar for most BBWs upon first coming here. It’s not a matter of trying to make everyone happy, but tell us where do we, the BBWs, fit in here?

As a BBW I feel like we are the middle child of the beauty world. We are too much to be the cute baby of the family (the slender beauty ideal of the outside world), yet we are too little to have the respect almost automatically granted the elder child (the SSBBW beauty ideal of Dims). Now here we are in the bastion of fat beauty being given various euphemisms and/or analogies that yet again place our beauty as “less than”. How are we not supposed to feel somewhat slighted when a place that promotes size-acceptance does not always make us feel accepted because of our size?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Doing what you like is freedom; liking what you do is happiness.

Last edited by OneWickedAngel; 11-02-2009 at 12:11 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:53 AM   #68
Tooz
sweet chocolate christ

Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWickedAngel View Post
I know the basic history of Dims and I fully understand why the paysites are populated mostly with SSBBW beauties and I begrudge no one for it. I know it irks some BBWs that it is that way, but it has never bothered me personally. It’s the general “syndrome” that permeates the majority of the boards that I think is what gets to some.

When I was first told about Dimensions, I perceived it as a place where ALL women for feel fat and marginalized by the mainstream world can find a home. While I was having fun in the games section it was fine and I went welcomed enough. It was only until I started participating in the discussions that I was hit with the internal size-archy of Dims and yes there is one. I imagine the reality check is similar for most BBWs upon first coming here. It’s not a matter of trying to make everyone happy, but tell us where do we, the BBW fit, in here?

As a BBWs I feel like we are the middle child of the beauty world. We are too much to be the cute baby of the family (the slender beauty ideal of the outside world), yet we are too little to have the respect almost automatically granted the elder child (the SSBBW beauty ideal of Dims). Now here we are in the bastion of fat beauty being given various euphemisms and/or analogies that yet again place our beauty as “less than”. How we not supposed to feel somewhat slighted when a place that promotes size-acceptance does not always make us feel accepted because of our size?
I don't think anyone has said it better or will say it better. This is exactly it. EXACTLY.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:59 AM   #69
mergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooz View Post
I don't think anyone has said it better or will say it better. This is exactly it. EXACTLY.
I agree!! That was poetic!
Old 11-02-2009, 12:04 PM   #70
Tau
IXAMXDECADENCE

Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWickedAngel View Post

When I was first told about Dimensions, I perceived it as a place where ALL women for feel fat and marginalized by the mainstream world can find a home. While I was having fun in the games section it was fine and I went welcomed enough. It was only until I started participating in the discussions that I was hit with the internal size-archy of Dims and yes there is one. I imagine the reality check is similar for most BBWs upon first coming here. It’s not a matter of trying to make everyone happy, but tell us where do we, the BBW fit, in here?

As a BBWs I feel like we are the middle child of the beauty world. We are too much to be the cute baby of the family (the slender beauty ideal of the outside world), yet we are too little to have the respect almost automatically granted the elder child (the SSBBW beauty ideal of Dims). Now here we are in the bastion of fat beauty being given various euphemisms and/or analogies that yet again place our beauty as “less than”. How we not supposed to feel somewhat slighted when a place that promotes size-acceptance does not always make us feel accepted because of our size?
Exactly. I don't understand how Conrad's comment is ok, can even be vaguely seen as ok. It reminded me of the boys my friends and I hung out with who would make deliberatley snide comments to me while praising my far thinner friends to high heaven. I don't have a problem with SSBBW's being on the paysite forum - the conversation was just fine till then. What got me was when BBW's on a size acceptance size got told that they aren't as beautiful or desirable as their fatter sisters - and try to explain it as much as you want to, that's what he said. I don't care what gets your motor going but it is rude to say to those who don't get you hard that, oh sorry, you're just not as hot. Before I came to Dims I believed we all, all, had something to learn from each other, experiences to share and strength to gain. I guess we don't.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:11 PM   #71
TraciJo67
On Timeout

TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Dimensions isn't about size acceptance.

It's about worship of fat bodies, and the fatter, the better.

I don't think that there's anything inherently wrong with that, but I do wish we'd just ... stop ... pretending that size acceptance issues matter here.

It would also put a stop to the angst-filled questions.

I'd love to see a disclaimer like this:

Dims is probably not a good fit for:

* People who do not want to be objectified because they are fat - or want their fat to be seen as just a part of who they are, not the sum total of what they are

* People who are unwilling/unable to tolerate poor behavior that often goes hand-in-hand with so-called "newbies" learning the ropes

* People who are unable/unwilling to tolerate extremes in others

* People who are unhappy with any aspect of their size

* People who are considering, or who have had, weight loss surgery

* People who feel that any aspect of humiliation based on size is degrading

People who can be flexible and tolerant of all different types of behaviors, forms of expression, and methods of communication -- some of them extreme -- will probably find a happy middle ground and a useful niche at Dims.

I don't mean that as an insult, for those who are asking the usual "why is it OK to objectify" questions here. FWIW, I have the same questions. I am just starting to wonder if my time would be better served seeking answers elsewhere**, or at least, not feeling the constant need to ask certain questions.

**Disclaimer: Not an angst-filled "Goodbye Cruel Dims" post. Just a statement of fact: I'm not sure that I can be enthusiastic and happy -- or even just quiet, about certain issues. It's not who or what I'm about. The internal conflicts that it creates, for me, are just not worth it. This is an internet message board, not fat (or any other kind of) mecca.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:21 PM   #72
mergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau View Post
Exactly. I don't understand how Conrad's comment is ok, can even be vaguely seen as ok. ......................................... Before I came to Dims I believed we all, all, had something to learn from each other, experiences to share and strength to gain. I guess we don't.
There are a lot of experiences to share and things to learn from each other Tau..i really believe that. Its just a case of sorting out the wheat from the chaff and REFUSING to belive it when we are told we are less beautiful than anyone else because of our size. *Cant believe i am having to say this here*
Don't let any comments put you off believing in what you do, because it really is the truth. There are even lessons to learn when what people say or believe is hurtful or rediculous. You can learn to chose what to believe and what not to and most importantly to trust yourself and your own judgement. Actually, sometimes i think we can learn more from negitive experiences than positive, even if that lesson is to never repeat the negative again!
-Hmm this is kinna like a hug and a headbut!
Old 11-02-2009, 12:23 PM   #73
BeautifulPoeticDisaster

BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!

Dammit Traci.....I need to spread my love around before I give it to you again. But EXACTLY.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:32 PM   #74
panhype
Apréslist

panhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Toil View Post
I've always noticed SSBBW outnumber BBW on the Paysite board about 90%. Is there a reason for that? ... Are the posts for BBW sites basically ignored? Is it because the FAs on Dimensions prefer SSBBW over BBW?
I don't think things have always been like now... Flashback. In my memory i'm loading the Paysite Board from a random day in November 2005 (old style board software, yah remember?). I see lots of BBWs posting. The themes of the photos are different as well, way less eating sets.

The change may have to do with a variety of things. And i would think it doesn't reflect the popularity of SSBBW or BBW sites in general. My guess: A lot of BBW paysite models are only staying away because they assume there is no audience for them on the board. Imagine a new BBW model who comes to the Paysite Board for the first time and checks the threads - she easily can get such an idea. This tendency probably has started years ago when SSBBW/gaining sites started to make an impact (started to reach a 'critical mass' ... was hesitating a bit with these words ...)

But all this has more to do with 'dynamics of perception' rather than true preferences of the Paysite Board visitors. Just recently i talked to a model who is a regular poster. She is a BBW, she doesn't gain (or selling that fantasy) and she doesn't do eating sets. Nonetheless her stats are always showing her that she is getting lots of traffic from the Paysite Board.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:44 PM   #75
mergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBellySSBBW View Post
Dammit Traci.....I need to spread my love around before I give it to you again. But EXACTLY.
yeah.. i canny rep her either..but she is spot on!!