Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > FA/FFA forum

Old 11-18-2009, 12:25 PM   #76
kioewen

kioewen does more than just post hot picskioewen does more than just post hot picskioewen does more than just post hot picskioewen does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
What do you think? Would you move any of those circles to overlap more or less?
Not necessarily. Their proper placement is anyone's guess, really. But I'd say that the admiration ring should be a lot larger, and the acceptance ring a lot smaller, if we're going by how many people subscribe to either ring. (This is taking in closeted admiration, of course.)
kioewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 12:33 PM   #77
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kioewen View Post
Not necessarily. Their proper placement is anyone's guess, really. But I'd say that the admiration ring should be a lot larger, and the acceptance ring a lot smaller, if we're going by how many people subscribe to either ring. (This is taking in closeted admiration, of course.)
I heart geeks!!
Old 11-18-2009, 10:37 PM   #78
pickleman357
Christian/Fattism Solider

pickleman357 carries a lot of weight on this boardpickleman357 carries a lot of weight on this boardpickleman357 carries a lot of weight on this boardpickleman357 carries a lot of weight on this boardpickleman357 carries a lot of weight on this board

Here's a question;
Besides being or not being a private part... What is the real difference between a guy's breast 'fetish' and a guy's fat fetish?

I can't really think of any glaring differences...
pickleman357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 05:18 AM   #79
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickleman357 View Post
Here's a question;
Besides being or not being a private part... What is the real difference between a guy's breast 'fetish' and a guy's fat fetish?

I can't really think of any glaring differences...
Nipples?
Old 11-19-2009, 01:40 PM   #80
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kioewen View Post
Agreed. I only have two of the three mentioned, and they don't quite overlap. I'd say it's relative.

"Happiness is not stopping to think if you are."- Palmer Sondreal
Jon Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 08:29 PM   #81
pickleman357
Christian/Fattism Solider

pickleman357 carries a lot of weight on this boardpickleman357 carries a lot of weight on this boardpickleman357 carries a lot of weight on this boardpickleman357 carries a lot of weight on this boardpickleman357 carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergirl View Post
Nipples?
Depends if its innie or outtie
pickleman357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:42 PM   #82
katherine22

katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fascinita View Post
But let's not confuse the sexuality of fat people with the sexuality of "those who admire them." They don't always intersect.

As far as I'm concerned, where the interests of "those who admire" fat people do not actually further the interests of fat people, they should not be considered within SA's reach.

When we talk about SA, we aren't talking about the civil or political rights of fat fetishists or even of Fat Admirers as a group, just to be clear. Those are separate movements that may or may not have things in common with SA.

When we talk about SA, we're talking about Size Acceptance.

Let's be clear.

Not to split hairs here, is it possible that a fat admirer could be sympathetic to size acceptance? Are you suggesting that a fat admirer has no place in a size acceptance movement? Size acceptance is a civil rights movement and fat admirations is ???????

Queen Elizabeth I residing within.

If I continue to eat I will grow as big as a room.
"What are rooms for?":bow:
katherine22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:40 PM   #83
James
vibeout

James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!

I think Fasc is spot on regarding of the sexuality of fat people not typically having much or anything to do with the sexuality of the people that are attracted to fat people. The two categories are, in the most part, quite distinct and uncorrelated in my opinion.

Fat admiration is quite simply an aesthetic for fat people that ranges across a continuum of intensity from preference all the way to orientation.

What fat admirer's do, regarding their aesthetic has the potential to be both positive or negative for size acceptance IMO. There's a good chance it can be positive if they conduct their relationships openly and respectfully. Thats my two pence on it all anyway.

Last edited by James; 12-07-2009 at 11:34 PM.
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:42 AM   #84
EtobicokeFA
Proud FA

EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katherine22 View Post
Not to split hairs here, is it possible that a fat admirer could be sympathetic to size acceptance? Are you suggesting that a fat admirer has no place in a size acceptance movement? Size acceptance is a civil rights movement and fat admirations is ???????
However, that is assuming that size acceptance and fat admiration can't go hand in hand.

If a person's preference motivates them to support a civil rights movement group that supports the group of people that person prefers, isn't that a good thing?

Can a Fa be sympathetic to the SA? Of course.

"Health is not a body weight, it's a measure of fitness."

Last edited by EtobicokeFA; 12-08-2009 at 09:51 AM.
EtobicokeFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 05:55 PM   #85
kioewen

kioewen does more than just post hot picskioewen does more than just post hot picskioewen does more than just post hot picskioewen does more than just post hot pics

I might actually go so far in the opposite direction of the myth as to say that so-called "fat admirers" (never will I accept that phrase, but I know, that's what we're using here), particularly those who are not themselves full-figured, could actually benefit the size-acceptance movement just as much as individuals who are full-figured. I was even going to write "more," but comparisons are difficult.

Society is so oppressive, and the media so vicious, against people of size that it's hard for that brainwashing not to seep in and destroy their self-esteem. Thus, when people of size attempt to fight for size-acceptance, they are sometimes, perhaps often, hobbled by lingering traces of self-doubt, possibly even deeply internalized self-loathing that societal pressures have drilled into them. How often does one see full-figured celebrities seemingly needed to "justify" or "excuse" their size, by saying, "Well, but I exercise constantly," or "But I'm healthy -- I run marathons." Things like that. Those are of course wonderful pursuits, of course, but the very fact that those things need to be said often seems like a defensive measure.

But FAs can be free of this (well, unless they've internalized a different kind of brainwashing -- the stigma of liking women of size). They can fight for the appreciation of women of size without any hesitations or self-doubts.

My impression is that many people of size, on some level, still feel that they would be "better" somehow if they were smaller, and fight to submerge that feeling. One sees this sentiment at more than a few "fat acceptance blogs".

But the FA has no such doubts about which figure type is (in their opinion) better, and so they can be completely resolute and unconflicted when they fight the imposition of an exclusively thin standard of appearance.
kioewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 06:44 PM   #86
James
vibeout

James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default FA/FFA forum users please read

(The following has been posted to all current threads for informational purposes only. Please refrain from replying to this post in this thread. If you have questions please PM me. These rule changes have been brought about following significant deliberation between Dimensions moderators and are effective immediately in relation to all future posts.)

Quote:
The rules of this forum have been updated. I would encourage forum users to read the full text but in short, the main changes are the following
  • Threads or posts considered to be outside of the FA/FFA forum remit will be edited or deleted. Threads will not be moved to other forums. Please consider this before posting. Contact me via PM if you are unsure before posting.
  • Discussion of sexual topics must not contain identities other than your own. Excessive objectification or crudeness will also be edited or removed. Keep things respectful.
  • Participation from non-FA/FFAs is encouraged but given that the forum is a protected space for FA/FFAs, any non-FA/FFAs making negative, disruptive or belittling posts should accordingly expect to see those posts removed or moderated.
A section of text regarding the relationship between the FA/FFA forum and other forums on Dimensions has also been added to the forum sticky.

The rule amendments are intended to strike a balance to allow the FA/FFA forum to fulfill its primary function (as a space for FAs to discuss their experiences openly and honestly) while also demonstrating respect for those that we are attracted to. Failure to follow rules will lead to moderator action. Please understand that this is the FA/FFA forum and play nice
James is offline   Reply With Quote