Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > FA/FFA forum

View Poll Results: Which would you find more attractive?
Someone with a beautiful face, but (in your opinion) an insufficiently figure? 136 74.32%
Someone with an ideally full figure, but (in your opinion) a non-attractive face? 47 25.68%
Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-06-2009, 11:36 AM   #1
kioewen

kioewen does more than just post hot picskioewen does more than just post hot picskioewen does more than just post hot picskioewen does more than just post hot pics
Default Face or figure?

I've always wondered how much importance other people who admire fuller female figures assign to a beautiful face? In being attracted to a woman, is the fact that she has a sufficiently curvy figure essential? Would you -- undoubtedly with regret -- be able to overcome your lack of enthusiasm for a thin figure if her face were sufficiently beautiful?

I suppose the easiest way to measure this is with two options: Would you be more attracted to someone with a gorgeous face, but an insufficiently full figure? Or someone with an ideally full figure, but a face that you don't find attractive?

(Obviously this question doesn't factor in other aspects of attraction, such as character, compatibility, etc. Therefore, let's stipulate, "All other things being equal...")

EDIT: Whoops. Can't edit poll questions, it seems, but that first line should read, "Someone with a beautiful face, but (in your opinion) an insufficiently full figure?"

Last edited by kioewen; 11-06-2009 at 11:42 AM.
kioewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 11:43 AM   #2
James
vibeout

James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!

not enough variables in your survey dude... Face and figure are not the only... and not even always the most important factors in attraction.
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 12:05 PM   #3
kioewen

kioewen does more than just post hot picskioewen does more than just post hot picskioewen does more than just post hot picskioewen does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
not enough variables in your survey dude... Face and figure are not the only... and not even always the most important factors in attraction.
Yes, I realize this. That's why I added the following in my post:

"(Obviously this question doesn't factor in other aspects of attraction, such as character, compatibility, etc. Therefore, let's stipulate, "All other things being equal...")"

I would bold it for emphasis, but 30 min. have passed, so I can't alter the message anymore.

I was just interested in this particular item, in terms of aesthetic preference.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:14 PM   #4
Verdant

Verdant has said some nice things

The two are connected. If a woman has a really attractive body, her face just tends to fit in almost no matter what. Similarly, if a woman has a really pretty face it tends to make her whole body look cute. That's why some women just look attractive for no reason in particular.
Verdant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 12:17 PM   #5
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I don't agree with that Verdant. Are you saying that if you see a very pretty thin woman its the same as seeing a very pretty fat woman then?
thatgirl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 12:20 PM   #6
nikola090

nikola090 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesnikola090 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

The face before all
nikola090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 12:49 PM   #7
Verdant

Verdant has said some nice things

I should have been more specific. What I meant was that if a woman is heavier, her face tends to look more attractive, especially if you get to know her. If a woman has a pretty face but is thin, she might look pretty, but she's not someone I'd be looking to date. So they're different.
Verdant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 01:00 PM   #8
zanza

zanza has said some nice things

of the 2 options given

i would say face comes first, (although in reality i suppose face & persoanlity/interest comes before a body when it comes to what is attractive to me)

I really don't know, I am sorta lost here.

No seriously, who am I?
zanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 02:18 PM   #9
joh

joh can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesjoh can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I voted for the face option, but my attraction to a person's face is different than my attraction for somebody's body. I don't "get off" to a person's face, you know what I mean? It's hard to compare the two.
joh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 02:35 PM   #10
bbwbelover

bbwbelover has said some nice things

I voted face, When talking to someone you're looking at their face, their eyes. I mentioned recently that I find Keira Knightly really attractive, ok she's a stock and she'd snap if you hugged her too hard, but her face is really nice. Another fuller example is Ashley Sage Ellison, aka Dream of ashley. I know she has the most fantastic breasts, but I don't think she'd be nearly as attractive without a cute face to match.
bbwbelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 03:37 PM   #11
Captain Save
never had a 40

Location: At the bottom of the coffee cup, with lots of chocolates and pastries.
Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I wish I could vote in this poll. I've always though they go hand in hand, the face and body.

I agree with the poster who said they are different in their appeal; I find faces desirable for different reasons than bodies. Faces are the identity of the person; faces are what you see when you have a conversation with someone special during dinner, coffee, or dessert. Faces are the primary means of communicating and bonding with someone.

Bodies, on the other hand, are the things that stir those visceral feelings of desire and lust. They are the things that make slow dancing, hugging, and cuddling so good. Bodies emit those scents we can't even detect, but tell us we need them naked. When we see them naked and ready with gentle soft curves, we can't resist the allure of bodies for anything.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:46 PM   #12
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Which one I find more attractive depends, to a great deal, on which one I happen to be with.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 03:49 PM   #13
kioewen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Save View Post
I wish I could vote in this poll. I've always though they go hand in hand, the face and body.

I agree with the poster who said they are different in their appeal; I find faces desirable for different reasons than bodies. Faces are the identity of the person; faces are what you see when you have a conversation with someone special during dinner, coffee, or dessert. Faces are the primary means of communicating and bonding with someone.

Bodies, on the other hand, are the things that stir those visceral feelings of desire and lust. They are the things that make slow dancing, hugging, and cuddling so good. Bodies emit those scents we can't even detect, but tell us we need them naked. When we see them naked and ready with gentle soft curves, we can't resist the allure of bodies for anything.
That's all fair. But what if you were given a choice between one or the other: a person whose facial "identity" was attractive, but whose body, on the other hand, did NOT stir "visceral feelings of desire or lust"; OR someone whose body DID stir "visceral feelings of desire or lust," but whose face was not attractive.

Undoubtedly it is true, for many people, that the two do not necessarily attract in the same way. But one could still be presented with a situation where one or the other characteristic was appealing in someone, but not both. Which is more important?

It's not actually like comparing apples and oranges; simply asking, if you could only have an apple or an orange, which would you choose?
Old 11-06-2009, 04:34 PM   #14
Captain Save
never had a 40

Location: At the bottom of the coffee cup, with lots of chocolates and pastries.
Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kioewen View Post
That's all fair. But what if you were given a choice between one or the other: a person whose facial "identity" was attractive, but whose body, on the other hand, did NOT stir "visceral feelings of desire or lust"; OR someone whose body DID stir "visceral feelings of desire or lust," but whose face was not attractive.

Undoubtedly it is true, for many people, that the two do not necessarily attract in the same way. But one could still be presented with a situation where one or the other characteristic was appealing in someone, but not both. Which is more important?

It's not actually like comparing apples and oranges; simply asking, if you could only have an apple or an orange, which would you choose?
I would have to be honest. If I didn't find both face and body sufficiently desirable I wouldn't waste her time or mine. Sure, we could be the best of friends, but if either her face or body prevents my ejaculation or softens my resolve, she deserves better than I.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:37 PM   #15
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!

Taking thinness out of the equation for myself (I don't have to explain why): I would generally say face. It's subjective though. Some with pretty faces I still may not find attractive, and vice versa, but it varies.

"Happiness is not stopping to think if you are."- Palmer Sondreal
Jon Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 12:32 AM   #16
Forgotten_Futures
The *other* Holy Trinity

Forgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging in

Body most often *gets* my attention, face/personality/etc. determine whether or not it is kept. So both play important roles.
Old 11-07-2009, 09:11 PM   #17
UMBROBOYUM

UMBROBOYUM has super-sized repUMBROBOYUM has super-sized repUMBROBOYUM has super-sized repUMBROBOYUM has super-sized repUMBROBOYUM has super-sized rep

Face for me. Means more to me somehow.
UMBROBOYUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 09:35 PM   #18
bbwsrule

bbwsrule can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesbbwsrule can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesbbwsrule can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Face. Like everyone both together is ideal, but pretty faces make many thinner women attractive, even if I have a strong preference for a fuller figure. It isn't necessary to elaborate further as the question was specifically targeted.
bbwsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 11:03 PM   #19
chicken legs
yawn

chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I have always been a fan of having your cake and eating it to...
chicken legs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 04:08 AM   #20
wrench13
Pirate music for sail

Location: In New York City, formerly the big Apple, now the Big Target
wrench13 knows EXACTLY what's going onwrench13 knows EXACTLY what's going onwrench13 knows EXACTLY what's going onwrench13 knows EXACTLY what's going onwrench13 knows EXACTLY what's going onwrench13 knows EXACTLY what's going on

I find a wide range of facial types attractive, as my friends point out to me. Not really into classic 'pretty' types, more the interesting face type - I forget who said it or the specific quote but something to the effect " Beauty hath its charms in excess".

But the body - must be a banging hot BBW or SSBBW for me to look twice. Superficial? Maybe, but thats who I am. Again " Beauty hath it's charms in excess". A lot of excess!
wrench13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 05:15 AM   #21
swamptoad
Berry Good!

swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'd be more attracted to a pretty face. I'm not so critical over one or the other. Body or face.

I don't really see how weighing one attraction over the other accomplishes anything though. I could just as easily say body. I feel that the two just go hand and hand - with their sufficiencies or insufficiencies. I am attracted to flaws and imperfections, as weird as that sounds. Maybe because I just feel that we are apt have those no matter what your very own eyes tell you.

Eyes, are one of my biggest attractions, though. Not my fetish.

And I also find a wide range of facial types attractive.

Body types, still gotta have some curves.

I guess I'd like to know what attraction you mean. Sexual attraction is what I think you mean from the poll. Because attraction, I just see it on some many different levels.

I find attraction to good music discussion. I'm attracted to interesting accents. I'm attracted to the thin librarian with such a gorgeous face who makes good conversation and has such a pleasant smile.

I'm also attracted to my wife as she nakedly gets herself out of bed and heads to take a shower and smiles at me with her crooked teeth (as I've always known her to have), meanwhile picking pimples on her face. See what I mean, flaws. It doesn't bother me or make me cringe. Its just the way it is. And I don't really see less beauty since I've known her for so long.

We aren't so gosh durn attractive either, her or I ... neither are our bodies. But we are attracted to each other in how we are alike and yet unalike in so many ways.

I guess I see that some attractions grow and prosper while others tend to fade away.

And maybe we were both attracted to each other's face to begin with when we met. I know I was attracted to her face. I think she later told me that she wasn't so very attracted to mine. Not that this really hurts me so much. And maybe I really hated her crooked teeth. OMG! Hmmmm.. still don't see how super awesome my body is. And she never tried to measure one over the other when I once "shyly" asked her what it was about me that started her attraction. We were delighted in each others company. And attracted to long phone conversations and chats as we had met online.

Sorry for the rambling.

Last edited by swamptoad; 11-08-2009 at 05:18 AM.
swamptoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 09:31 AM   #22
swamptoad
Berry Good!

swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!

Reread my post and wanted to add:

"I'm attracted to the thin librarian with such a gorgeous face who makes good conversation and has such a pleasant smile" -- not a sexual attraction. But just wanted to mention that her face was not ugly. And I was attracted to her music selection suggestions and how she was quite an easy-going person to have a conversation with.
Old 11-10-2009, 03:46 PM   #23
kioewen

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamptoad View Post
I don't really see how weighing one attraction over the other accomplishes anything though.
Well, there are many reasons why I find this question interesting, especially given the resoundingly conclusive numbers so far. I too chose "face," although I honestly wasn't sure how everyone else would vote.

On a personal level, I think it provides an answer to the question of why quite a few FAs end up, despite themselves, with thin partners. No matter how gorgeous the figure, a lovely face will trump it. (As always, we're stipulating "All other factors being equal" in this question.)

On an activist level, I think that one could make the argument that while there are more than a few full-figured celebrities in the media, not that many have astoundingly pretty faces. And that's a stumbling block.

If the public has a belief that, say, skinny Victoria's Secret/Sports Illustrated models are prettier than plus-size models, it may have less to do with their figures, and more to do with their faces. If you had more plus-size models whose faces are as beautiful as those of the skinny models, then the public would sooner associate beauty with curves than with thinness.

To put it in a nutshell, when people buy into the myth that skinny is prettier than curvy, they might not be actually reacting so much to figures as to faces (although they don't realize this). Because I'd wager that the results here, of all places, where people do have a strong attraction toward a specific body type (and yet acknowledge that a pretty face trumps it) mirror the probable reactions of the public in general.
Old 11-10-2009, 05:25 PM   #24
Make_Lunch_Not_War
Ken

Location: New Jersey, home of mosquitoes & underachieving NHL teams
Make_Lunch_Not_War can now change their title

Perhaps you should have phrased the question as either...

"Are you more attracted to a potential partner's face or shape?"

or

"Wouldt you rather be with the partner whose face you found attractive but was substantially thinner than you'd like or would you rather be with a partner whose body was ideal but whose face was unattractive?"

I'm just saying.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:06 PM   #25
kioewen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make_Lunch_Not_War View Post
Perhaps you should have phrased the question as either...

"Are you more attracted to a potential partner's face or shape?"

or

"Wouldt you rather be with the partner whose face you found attractive but was substantially thinner than you'd like or would you rather be with a partner whose body was ideal but whose face was unattractive?"

I'm just saying.
You're right. Those are good ways to phrase it. But I wasn't just interested in people's feelings about this question with someone whom they had a realistic shot at, but also aesthetic interest from afar; say, in someone whom they knew was out of their league, or a celebrity, or whatever. More like, "Your ideal -- whether you could have them or not."

Last edited by kioewen; 11-10-2009 at 06:10 PM.