Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > FA/FFA forum

View Poll Results: Which would you find more attractive?
Someone with a beautiful face, but (in your opinion) an insufficiently figure? 136 74.32%
Someone with an ideally full figure, but (in your opinion) a non-attractive face? 47 25.68%
Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-26-2009, 06:30 AM   #51
nykspree8
Rico Sauce

nykspree8 is a member of the 500 clubnykspree8 is a member of the 500 clubnykspree8 is a member of the 500 clubnykspree8 is a member of the 500 clubnykspree8 is a member of the 500 clubnykspree8 is a member of the 500 club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Toil View Post
And for the record, a great body outweighs a great face for me ANY time. If a woman has a face like Janet Jackson but she looks like Pee-Wee Herman in an evening gown--it ain't gonna work for me. But I'd probably be more attracted to her if she had an imperfect nose, a missing tooth and a bad eye if she had a phenomenal body. That's just me, y'all.

I almost totally agree, but there are some rare instances where the face is so bad that it just ruins the whole package. I'm sure women can say the same thing about men. Like I said before, I have a wide range of what I find cute face-wise...as long as it's round and chubby, I'm usually good. I definitely don't like skinny faces...just doesn't go with a fat body lol.
nykspree8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 09:00 AM   #52
kioewen

kioewen does more than just post hot picskioewen does more than just post hot picskioewen does more than just post hot picskioewen does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRabbit View Post
Are you saying that big girls have uglier faces than skinny models? And that that is even a hurdle for people liking curves?

I absolutely love round faces! (Even if the woman is not big.)
I prefer round faces too. By far.

And of course I am NOT saying that big girls have uglier faces than skinny models. Some do, some don't. The problem is that many skinny models do still have pretty faces (round faces in fact), while many plus-size models do not -- which tricks the public into associating beauty with thinness, when often, it has nothing to do with size, only with facial beauty.

What I AM saying is that in selecting plus-size models, the fashion industry should really pay attention to facial beauty and make sure to choose full-figured models with the prettiest faces possible. That will go far in convincing the public that being beautiful and being big can go hand in hand. Generally (not always, but often) it is my impression that plus-size models are chosen simply because they have the right kind of figure, not so much because they have an astoundingly beautiful face. (There are major exceptions of course -- I'm talking generally.)

Or to put it another way, let's say you do a survey to find out what kind of models customers want to see. Let's say that for the skinny model, you use Doutzen Kroes, and for the big model, you use Camryn Manheim. Customers vote; the majority picks Doutzen; the clients think, "Well, that proves it. Customers want to see skinny models."

But that conclusion would be wrong. As the poll in this post shows, many would pick Doutzen just because she has the prettier face.

And if you turned it around, and had a size-16 Doutzen Kroes and a size-2 Camryn Manheim, this poll suggests that the majority would still choose Doutzen. They'd be picking the bigger girl, because she has the prettier face.

(BTW, I know that some people may think Camryn has a pretty face. I'm just using an example.)

So two points: 1. If you want to see what size models customers actually respond to, a comparison with unequal facial beauty is invalid because it has a skewed result that has nothing to do with size.

2. If you want the public to start believing in full-figured beauty, pretty faces are key.

(Sounds obvious? You'd be amazed at how often this seems to be ignored completely.)
kioewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 08:32 AM   #53
Webmaster
Chief Emeritus

Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.

When he was younger, my son often asked questions like, "What do you like better, cookies or peaches?", "Would you rather go on vacation or get presents?", What do you hate more, spiders or stubbing your toe?" I explained to him that some things are not directly comparable, that one could really like chocolate chip cookies, but that didn't mean peaches weren't important, too, and that while I hated hurting my toes, I really didn't like spiders either.

It's the same with face or figure. Both are important and contribute to the overall impression and reaction I have to a person. A person's eyes, nose, hair, eye brows, lips, cheeks, everything that makes a face causes a reaction in others. Sometimes we even think we can make assumptions about someone's personality just by looking at their face. Same for size and shape.

What it boils down to, I think, is that our reactions to another person includes a very complex mixture of variables that includes numerous aspects of face, figure, personality, voice, mannerisms, and lots more.

In statistics there is a technique called multiple regression analysis where a researcher first compiles a list of all the variables that might affect a certain reaction or phenomenon. Multiple regression analysis then mathematically and statistically shows the relative importance of each variable, and also how close the assumed value of all those variables comes to explaining the actual outcome.

What all this means is that the face or figure question makes no more sense than the old outer or inner beauty question. How we react to a person is far more complex.

Last edited by Webmaster; 11-29-2009 at 09:59 AM.
Webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 01:28 PM   #54
lovessbbw
Luceo non uro

lovessbbw can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokeslovessbbw can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokeslovessbbw can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I think it's all about confidence. A confident woman is always going be more attractive. It show in her smile, her face and the way she carries herself.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:24 AM   #55
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

A hot body would be better, cause you could always put a bag over someones head and think of someone else. In the past when i have asked thin pretty faced women to wear a fat suit for me, it has not gone over well AT ALL!
Old 11-30-2009, 01:30 PM   #56
berlin-girl

berlin-girl has said some nice things
Default one (more) ffa opinion :o)

can i cry a definitive BOTH!!!?

with a #little# favour of face...

i like the eyes most, and what i can see in them.
and some sensous lips that kiss well... *hmmmmmm*.
maybe somehow i believe in "they eyes are the mirror of the soul"? cheeezy alarm! but nevertheless....

IF theyīre accompanied by a big body, it just makes my day.

if not, i might like it (oh, sorry, HIM! ), but thereīs always something missing. tried, but even with biggest personality - no real chance without bigger gut...

but belly alone isnīt enough too, have to like the face first (NOT to speak of the "inner values"...).

even if itīs just about 'gettin off' on a hot heavy bod - iīd then prefer a "no-head" pic to one with a face i donīt like.

by the way: BIG thanxxxx for all yer nice pictures here, lads & ladies, with & without faces!!!!!!
Old 11-30-2009, 08:44 PM   #57
kioewen

kioewen does more than just post hot picskioewen does more than just post hot picskioewen does more than just post hot picskioewen does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webmaster View Post
What all this means is that the face or figure question makes no more sense than the old outer or inner beauty question. How we react to a person is far more complex.
Actually, I think that even the outer or inner beauty question makes perfect sense, and if one is being honest with oneself, one could fairly accurately judge which of the two matters more in attraction. But that's a separate issue.

In this case, we're dealing with strict aesthetics, and I think a comparison can be made. Is "What do you like better, cookies or peaches?" not comparable, but "What do you like better, chocolate-chip cookies or or peanut-butter cookies?" comparable? One could make the argument that everything is essentially dissimilar, that all sensations are ineffably unique, but I don't think that prevents rank-order comparisons from being made. Many of the contributors to this thread have reached pretty firm conclusions about which of the two factors is more significant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webmaster View Post
What it boils down to, I think, is that our reactions to another person includes a very complex mixture of variables that includes numerous aspects of face, figure, personality, voice, mannerisms, and lots more.
That was the point that James originally made, which is why I stipulated this in my initial post:

(Obviously this question doesn't factor in other aspects of attraction, such as character, compatibility, etc. Therefore, let's stipulate, "All other things being equal...")

In many cases, especially before one knows anything at all about a person other than their appearance, it is definitely possible to have a purely aesthetic reaction. In fact, if cases when one never knows anything at all about another person, a purely aesthetic reaction is the only reaction that someone will ever have to them. Hence my point about how this issue relations to fashion/media and the advancement of the rather basic but crucial idea that full-figured women can be beautiful (an idea that is often flatly rejected in our society).
Old 12-01-2009, 01:49 PM   #58
mediaboy

Location: The corner of Hell & Holarity - pinky out, Mother Fucker
mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Honestly, I don't usually notice body parts unless its dat ass and even then I an subtle and discreet in my reverence.

When I enter into a relationship with some one I fall in love with the whole person, not an ass, not a belly, not a perfect smile, or a great rack.

Sure all those things and more are great but the bottom line is that if a girl and I can't get a long then I am just not interested.

That is unless I am drunk as hell and hard up then I usually result to hitting on skinny girls
Old 12-02-2009, 03:47 AM   #59
Verdant

Verdant has said some nice things

If someone were looking at a thin woman in an attempt to determine her natural beauty, he might as well try looking at an x-ray of her instead. Without fat, it's impossible to tell how good-looking someone is because fat is what physically conveys information about people's personalities and genes. In other words, skin and bones look the same pretty much no matter what.

Admittedly, some thin women do have pretty faces. The thing to remember is that that only proves that these women would be attractive if they became fat (i.e. shared information about themselves).

An implication of this theorem is that society acts perniciously toward fat people because it discourages personal expression. Perhaps it presumes that generally people are bad?
Verdant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 03:58 AM   #60
bigsexy920
Ok I'll be good.

bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!

This pole and the comments are interesting to me because in my history with dealing with men. They always seem to go for body first and everything else is secondary. Which is the total oppisite of that this pole is saying. Maybe its just the men that talk to me but there is always a strong interest in certian body parts and if you are lacking in that area they become disinterested. Im pretty sure Im not the only woman that has had that experiance here with men at Dimensions.
bigsexy920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 12:36 PM   #61
LoveBHMS
default title

LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!

I have to agree with Conrad.

Sexuality is just not that static where you can easily indentify what's going to be a turnon. I've personally been attracted to a few skinny men, but it wasn't because their faces were so incredible that it "made up for" being smaller, it was more a chemistry/total package thing. Like any FA, I also obviously am not going to get turned on just because somebody has a particular body type. I have found over the years that I tend to run-to-type very much as far as height, build, and coloring but once again it doesn't meant that any and every 5'9 stocky broad shouldered male is going to be a turnon.
LoveBHMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 12:54 PM   #62
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

I wonder how many people (not just fas) wank off to headless people?? Not a decapitation fetish..but images of bodies. I doubt this is uncommon. I think less people will wank off to a face.. Just talking wankery here.. not real life.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:05 PM   #63
LoveBHMS
default title

LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergirl View Post
I wonder how many people (not just fas) wank off to headless people?? Not a decapitation fetish..but images of bodies. I doubt this is uncommon. I think less people will wank off to a face.. Just talking wankery here.. not real life.
It's probably not uncommon. There are plenty of pictures on here where people post just bodies. I'd imagine if you had a fetish for feet or super large breasts you might get off looking at pictures of just feet or of a woman's breast either naked or stuffed into a tight tank top.

It probably also has to do with what sort of mental wank fodder you use. A friend and i were talking yesterday about how people have groups of favorite fantasies that they use when masturbating and we were talking about how when you need to get off, you may "dial up" one and if it doesn't work, kind of switch to another and another until you can orgasm. Maybe somebody with a foot fetish can look at a picture of a foot and that enables them to imagine touching it or they mentally add a woman's face and body to it and then they get off.
LoveBHMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 05:30 PM   #64
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergirl View Post

I wank to pictures of huge peens......

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 06:23 PM   #65
missy_blue_eyez

missy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdant View Post
The two are connected. If a woman has a really attractive body, her face just tends to fit in almost no matter what. Similarly, if a woman has a really pretty face it tends to make her whole body look cute. That's why some women just look attractive for no reason in particular.

Actually, sorry if I shouldnt be here, but I kinda get this...think it makes sense. Im sure I have probably dated some FA's whom have liked me purely for my figure...and probably havent been that attracted to me facially but it just tended to 'fit in' with the general consensus of the curves, where on the other hand I am DEFINATELY sure I have been out with non FA's whom have been attracted to me facially and have gone with it as it probably took the 'not so attracted to' edge off my body? Kinda all blends in? Now Im not being harsh on myself, I just know its true, some non fa's have probably just not paid as much attention to the figure because Ive had a pretty smile or something....where as some FA's probably didnt even notice my face and went straight for the love handles......but the bit at the end about some women look attractive for no reason in particular I disagree with....that dosent fit. Some of you are probably thinking..... but it made sense to me!
Old 12-02-2009, 08:25 PM   #66
James
vibeout

James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by missy_blue_eyez View Post
Actually, sorry if I shouldnt be here, but I kinda get this...think it makes sense. Im sure I have probably dated some FA's whom have liked me purely for my figure...and probably havent been that attracted to me facially but it just tended to 'fit in' with the general consensus of the curves, where on the other hand I am DEFINATELY sure I have been out with non FA's whom have been attracted to me facially and have gone with it as it probably took the 'not so attracted to' edge off my body? Kinda all blends in? Now Im not being harsh on myself, I just know its true, some non fa's have probably just not paid as much attention to the figure because Ive had a pretty smile or something....where as some FA's probably didnt even notice my face and went straight for the love handles......but the bit at the end about some women look attractive for no reason in particular I disagree with....that dosent fit. Some of you are probably thinking..... but it made sense to me!
Naomi, you are very welcome here Your post made a lot of sense and actually helped me see that there's a little more merit to this topic than I originally thought.
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 08:46 PM   #67
Teleute
Heh heh. "Member".

Teleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdant View Post
Without fat, it's impossible to tell how good-looking someone is because fat is what physically conveys information about people's personalities and genes. In other words, skin and bones look the same pretty much no matter what.
lolwut?

No, seriously, I have no goddamned idea what you're talking about here. I don't think there's any less visual expression of thin people's personalities or genes. I mean, "skin and bones" might look the same to YOU no matter what, but they sure as hell don't look the same to most people... and I REALLY don't see where you're getting the personality thing from. Like, I could see "musculature conveys information about someone's personality" because muscle actually changes with use, so you could argue that if, say, someone smiled a lot they'd have a noticeable difference in their facial muscles (although I think that's a hell of a stretch too). But fat? It just goes where it goes. It's all genetic. Unless you're trying to tell me I could move the fat on my calves up to my butt by being generally bitchier or something... shit, I'll have to get on that, I need my boots to start fitting again!
Teleute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:14 PM   #68
Nicholas Ray

Nicholas Ray has said some nice things

If by "figure", we mean "body", then figure is 1000 times more important for me.

I still remember a friend of mine in high school saying something about one of my dates having a nose which was "too big" and I just laughed--I literally couldn't believe anyone would care about such nonsense.

She had the BODY to totally overwhelm me--and she certainly did that night. That's what was important.

Beyond that, I didn't care if she had the Duke of Urbino's nose.
Nicholas Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 04:51 AM   #69
mergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post
I wank to pictures of huge peens......
I wank off to pics of little peens.. well if i'm honest no peens at all!
Old 12-03-2009, 05:03 AM   #70
LordSheogorath
"Merc'! Merc'!"

LordSheogorath can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesLordSheogorath can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I'm very picky with women. I'm not going to lie I have slept with girls who have done modeling for dresses, wedding dresses, facial products, etc. I've slept with strippers too! LOL. To be flat out if a girl doesn't look good to me she's not worth the time or effort. I know thats a rather cold way of looking at women but if it was a woman she'd be thinking the same thing, she wants the best. Period. And my honest opinion is that almost everyone can look attractive! Everyone has their own shapes and it's just a matter of them realizing it and learning how to use it. A better survey would be something like; "What sort of women would you rather be in bed with?" A) A short plump Asian pear shaped Japanese woman, B) A very busty and very fat Swedish girl that is just as tall as you are and likely weights twice as much!, or C) A Cherokee and French hourglass figured young lady with a temper and sexual appetite of a Tyrannosaurus Rex?
Old 12-03-2009, 05:11 AM   #71
Cors
Delurking

Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!

Never mind.

Last edited by Cors; 12-03-2009 at 05:22 AM.
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 05:19 AM   #72
LordSheogorath
"Merc'! Merc'!"

LordSheogorath can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesLordSheogorath can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Because the Gods of Comedy have willed it so?
Old 12-03-2009, 05:32 AM   #73
mergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cors View Post
Never mind.
right!
Old 12-03-2009, 09:22 AM   #74
James
vibeout

James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsexy920 View Post
This pole and the comments are interesting to me because in my history with dealing with men. They always seem to go for body first and everything else is secondary. Which is the total oppisite of that this pole is saying. Maybe its just the men that talk to me but there is always a strong interest in certian body parts and if you are lacking in that area they become disinterested. Im pretty sure Im not the only woman that has had that experiance here with men at Dimensions.
This isn't a men-only poll. Its for FAs and FFAs. That might explain some of the discrepancy... ?
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 02:01 PM   #75
kioewen

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
This isn't a men-only poll. Its for FAs and FFAs. That might explain some of the discrepancy... ?
I wouldn't think so. Lots of guys would choose the face option above the figure option. But everyone will have their own experiences.