Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 11-07-2009, 05:22 PM   #1
steely

steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default A Month Tommorow

It will be a month tomorrow since my husband passed. I had to go find some paperwork that was stored in the building, all of his stored winter clothing was in there. Clothes he will never wear again. Clothes that remind me of how much I lost and how much I miss him.

He never knew how to dress before he met me. He always said I was the best thing that happened to him because I knew how to pick clothes that made him look good. I took great pride in that fact, whenever we went somewhere my husband looked good. It seems silly but it meant so much.

I miss him more than I can ever express.
steely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 05:31 PM   #2
Risible
Monkey Daze

Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!

My God, Amy, how very, very difficult it must be for you ... I hope you have a good support system close by? I wish I could give you a hug, hon.

Risible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 05:54 PM   #3
littlefairywren
Chi Chi

littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!

It's true, little things can be so important. They are not silly.
Much support. And yes, I too wish I could reach out and give you a hug Amy.
Old 11-07-2009, 06:12 PM   #4
toni
In the know

toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

*hugs* I am so sorry for your loss.
toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 06:13 PM   #5
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I think about you often, Amy

I was the one who told my Mom when my Dad had passed. I remember going into her bedroom, just after midnight. I told her, and as I was sitting on the edge of her bed, she started talking about how " he should be there, in that bed ". She talked about the clothing of his, hanging in the closet. She, too, helped my Dad with his fashion sense. I watched her face as I told her that she did a lot for him...and he did a lot for her. You did a lot for your sweetie, Amy...and your love and missing him shows it was not a one way street.

There is nothing even remotely small about any memory...any touching what touched him...any smile...any tear...and especially the laughs, when you get to them.

Amy, just know that I will be reading anything you want to put in this thread. It is your thread. Never second guess if you should post that thought...or this memory. Use this, when you need to use it. Use the hell out of it. Gentle hugs, sweetie.
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 06:25 PM   #6
JerseyGirl07093
Stick a fork in me

JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Not sure that anything I say will make a difference so I'm just going with this...(((((Amy))))).

You're your own standard of beauty. There's no one else in the world who looks like you, so how can you compare yourself to anyone else? - Stacy London
JerseyGirl07093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 07:52 PM   #7
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

Hang in there Steely. Hugs.
olwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 10:51 PM   #8
Tania
Disneyland Bobsled Team

Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

We are all with you. :*

~ The Cure

"She will never submit to any thing requiring industry and patience, and a subjection of the fancy to the understanding."
~ Mr. Knightley on Emma, Jane Austen's Emma
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 12:03 AM   #9
D_A_Bunny
www.peaceoneday.org

D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!

There are no words that I can say to you that will take away your pain. Please know that I am very sorry for your loss. Please take comfort in the memories of your love. Whenever sharing makes you feel better, please do. Please accept this virtual hug. (((((((((((((Amy)))))))))))))))))
Old 11-08-2009, 05:48 AM   #10
steely

steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Thank you all for your support and kindness, you'll never know how much those virtual hugs mean to me. It's going to be hard today. I know God doesn't send you more than you can handle but this is way up there.
Old 11-08-2009, 07:01 AM   #11
curvluver

curvluver can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokescurvluver can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Giving you a big hug from me, and am so sorry for your loss.

I haven't been on the boards lately as my father has been in the ICU for almost 8 weeks, and I've been with him. Unfortunately he passed away this week, so I know a little bit of what you've been going through.
curvluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 07:22 AM   #12
steely

Quote:
Originally Posted by curvluver View Post
Giving you a big hug from me, and am so sorry for your loss.

I haven't been on the boards lately as my father has been in the ICU for almost 8 weeks, and I've been with him. Unfortunately he passed away this week, so I know a little bit of what you've been going through.
I'm sorry for your loss, it's hard to know what to say. Even going through it myself, I still don't know.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:13 AM   #13
SocialbFly
I am keeping Tina!

SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Steely, i wish i could give you a big hug, while it doesnt cure what has happened, it lets you know you are not alone....

btw...you are not alone....there i said it.

Medical advisor to the Mayor of Fatopia :)
SocialbFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 06:29 AM   #14
moniquessbbw
Shake N Bake

moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Big hugs, time heals all wounds.
moniquessbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:12 AM   #15
Sandie_Zitkus
Entrepreneur

Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!

I cannot say, and I will not say

That he is dead. He is just away.

With a cheery smile, and a wave of the hand,

He has wandered into an unknown land.

And left us dreaming how very fair

It needs must be since he lingers there.

And you-O you, who the wildest yearn

For the old-time step and the glad return-

Think of him faring on, as dear

In the love of there as the love of here;

Think of him still as the same, I say;

He is not dead-he is just away!

James Whitcomb Riley
Sandie_Zitkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:14 AM   #16
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

It must feel strange for a month to have gone by while time has seemed to stand still.
Like Mossy said -I will be here to read when you need to write. We are all here for you. ((((Amy)))))
xLisa
Old 11-09-2009, 11:50 AM   #17
superodalisque

superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.

hugs to you sweetie
superodalisque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 01:09 PM   #18
curvluver

curvluver can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokescurvluver can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by steely View Post
I'm sorry for your loss, it's hard to know what to say. Even going through it myself, I still don't know.
I don't think you ever know what to say. Basically just let them know you're there for them. I'm still not believing the whole thing is real. I'm sitting in my parents house right now, and am still expecting my dad to come through the door, or come up from the dock.
curvluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 04:57 PM   #19
Fat.n.sassy
CelebratingNeurodiversity

Fat.n.sassy knows EXACTLY what's going onFat.n.sassy knows EXACTLY what's going onFat.n.sassy knows EXACTLY what's going onFat.n.sassy knows EXACTLY what's going onFat.n.sassy knows EXACTLY what's going onFat.n.sassy knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by steely View Post
It will be a month tomorrow since my husband passed. I had to go find some paperwork that was stored in the building, all of his stored winter clothing was in there. Clothes he will never wear again. Clothes that remind me of how much I lost and how much I miss him.

He never knew how to dress before he met me. He always said I was the best thing that happened to him because I knew how to pick clothes that made him look good. I took great pride in that fact, whenever we went somewhere my husband looked good. It seems silly but it meant so much.

I miss him more than I can ever express.
I am so sorry for you loss! That must be devastating. Then the blunt reminder today of his winter clothes. It is really cool that he let you chose clothes for him. That might turn into a sweet reminder at some point.

(((Hugs))) to you, Viv
Fat.n.sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 02:19 PM   #20
Tau
IXAMXDECADENCE

Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Big, warm hugs and many, many prayers to you Steely.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:35 PM   #21
katorade

katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergirl View Post
It must feel strange for a month to have gone by while time has seemed to stand still.
Like Mossy said -I will be here to read when you need to write. We are all here for you. ((((Amy)))))
xLisa
I'll echo this sentiment and say that I'm one of many who feel honored to be the ears willing to listen, and in awe that you're strong enough to share with us. *hugs* Amy.
katorade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 04:37 PM   #22
steely

Thank you all for your support and being willing to listen. Sometimes that is all I need, just knowing that someone sent good thoughts or a prayer my way. It means so much to me.

Still going to counseling and I'm pretty much still in shock and denial. It's the only thing I can process with my brain right now. It's going to take a long time, I'm afraid. This is nothing I've ever experienced and it hurts.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:42 PM   #23
Ruffie

Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Steely *hugs* Give yourself time. Everyone grieves in their own time and way and heals in their own time. You are NOT on a time line and you will find your feet underneath you one day. Just keep talking and feeling and know that you are doing what is right for YOU!
Old 11-14-2009, 12:37 PM   #24
steely

Well, I received the death certificate yesterday and ended up in the hospital with exhaustion and dehydration. I guess I'm not handling this very well. I don't know what will happen when I receive his ashes. I don't know how you are supposed to live through this pain.
Old 11-14-2009, 12:51 PM   #25
ssflbelle

ssflbelle does more than just post hot picsssflbelle does more than just post hot picsssflbelle does more than just post hot pics

So sorry to hear this has happened to you. I can't feel your pain as my recent death as you know was my Dad which is totally different. I do know that you need to take care of yourself even more now which isn't going to be easy but you have to keep functioning. Perhaps knowing that we are praying for you will give you the strength you need to carry on. Wish I could give you some hugs as physical contact always helps me. Consider these 2 very big and long hugs.
HHHHUUUUUUUGGGGGGSSSS HHHHHHHUUUUUUGGGGGGSSSSSSS
ssflbelle is offline   Reply With Quote