Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 02-24-2010, 12:10 PM   #226
steely

steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

"One compassionate word, action, or thought can reduce another person's suffering and bring him joy. One word can give comfort and confidence, destroy doubt, help someone avoid a mistake, reconcile a conflict or open the door to liberation. One action can save a person's life or help him take advantage of a rare opportunity. One thought can do the same, because thoughts always lead to words and actions. Within compassion in our heart, every thought, word and deed can bring about a miracle."~Thich Nhat Hanh

This was given to me today and it expresses more eloquently than I ever could, just how all of you have touched my life. Your words have helped in ways that can be called miraculous. I am so thankful to all of you who have taken the time to pass on your words to give me hope.

Thank you to the person who gave this quote to me, understanding that it spoke the words that I could not express half so well. Hugs to you.
steely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 12:53 PM   #227
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

you're welcome babe and that is a great quote
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 05:18 PM   #228
steely

steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I hung the porch swing today. It's been very sad. It is very hard to lift the whole porch swing. It reminded me of the glaring one-ness of myself. I was two for such a long time. It is exhausting being one, all the things that are so much easier done by two. Let's just face it, everything is easier with two.

I was able to hang the porch swing as one and I guess that is the metaphor for my life. I will go on as one but there is a gaping chasm where two should be. It seems unfair to know that I have to go on and will but the pain remains the same.

Last edited by steely; 03-18-2010 at 06:41 AM.
Old 02-26-2010, 05:33 PM   #229
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steely View Post
I hung the porch swing today. It's been very sad. It is very hard to lift the whole porch swing. It reminded me of the glaring one-ness of myself. I was two for such a long time. It is exhausting being one, all the things that are so much easier done by two. Let's just face it, everything is easier with two.

I was able to hang the porch swing as one and I guess that is the metaphor for my life. I will go on as one but there is a gaping chasm where two should be. It seems unfair to know that I have to go on and will but the pain remains the same.
That's beautiful Steely. It may have been difficult for one to assemble but it would be easy for one to topple the whole thing to the ground. I've always wondered if swings like that were sturdy enough to hold me. I fear something like that would crash to the ground with me in it. It is very beautiful.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 05:44 PM   #230
steely

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyBBBW View Post
That's beautiful Steely. It may have been difficult for one to assemble but it would be easy for one to topple the whole thing to the ground. I've always wondered if swings like that were sturdy enough to hold me. I fear something like that would crash to the ground with me in it. It is very beautiful.
Thank you, it will hold me, it would most likely hold you. I'm a big girl. I was always nervous about sitting in it with someone. Harold always wanted me to but I was afraid it would crash with both of us, 600 pounds or so. It's hooked to the 2x4's that hold the porch up so the whole porch would have to come down. Of course I am a really big girl, LOL.
Old 02-26-2010, 05:50 PM   #231
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Thank you, it will hold me, it would most likely hold you. I'm a big girl. I was always nervous about sitting in it with someone. Harold always wanted me to but I was afraid it would crash with both of us, 600 pounds or so. It's hooked to the 2x4's that hold the porch up so the whole porch would have to come down. Of course I am a really big girl, LOL.
LOL I doubt you could tear down a whole PORCH. I was more skeptical about the chains and the metal. I figured it might be fine for a while but one day one of the links would give way and Kablam! I'm sprawled there on the ground struggling to rise while apologizing profusely for destroying my neighbor's swing.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

@~;~~
Old 02-26-2010, 05:59 PM   #232
steely

You come visit anytime and we'll put you on that swing. I'll even get on it with you, if it breaks we'll just laugh, if we don't break a bone that is!
Old 02-26-2010, 06:10 PM   #233
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

Quote:
You come visit anytime and we'll put you on that swing. I'll even get on it with you, if it breaks we'll just laugh, if we don't break a bone that is!
*squeee* Deal.

@~;~~
Old 02-26-2010, 06:37 PM   #234
littlefairywren
Chi Chi

littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:

I love your porch swing Amy....that lovely blue and all!
It looks so inviting
Old 02-27-2010, 05:40 AM   #235
steely

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlefairywren View Post
I love your porch swing Amy....that lovely blue and all!
It looks so inviting
You come on over, too. We'll all three get on that porch swing!
Old 02-27-2010, 10:51 PM   #236
nettie

nettie is a pillar of the Dimensions communitynettie is a pillar of the Dimensions communitynettie is a pillar of the Dimensions communitynettie is a pillar of the Dimensions communitynettie is a pillar of the Dimensions communitynettie is a pillar of the Dimensions communitynettie is a pillar of the Dimensions communitynettie is a pillar of the Dimensions communitynettie is a pillar of the Dimensions communitynettie is a pillar of the Dimensions communitynettie is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I haven't had much time to post, Steely, but I just wanted to send you my warmest thoughts
nettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 12:31 AM   #237
littlefairywren
Chi Chi

littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
You come on over, too. We'll all three get on that porch swing!
I would LOVE that, sounds like fun to me!!
Old 02-28-2010, 07:35 AM   #238
steely

Quote:
Originally Posted by nettie View Post
I haven't had much time to post, Steely, but I just wanted to send you my warmest thoughts
Thanks nettie, I appreciate your warm thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlefairywren View Post
I would LOVE that, sounds like fun to me!!
You know you are always welcome!
Old 02-28-2010, 10:42 PM   #239
Punkin1024
Summer's already here!

Location: Near Abilene, Texas, in the country. Wishing all my DIMS friends lived close by.
Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I adore porch swings! Save room for me!

"Rainy day people don't talk, they just listen till they've heard it all." ~Rainy Day People - Gordon Lightfoot

"Use what talent you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best." - Henry Van Dyke
Punkin1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:04 AM   #240
Ho Ho Tai

Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:

Steely -

I have been following this thread, biding my time in replying after a brief entry (above.)

It's nearly 2 am. Mrs Ho Ho is sleeping peacefully, but I seem to be a bit fitful tonight, so am chasing after sleep with a bit of yogurt and e-mail.

I decided to respond to your post, and the picture of your beautiful porch swing, because the idea is so close to the bench and trees that Mrs Ho Ho and I have on the grounds of my old university. It is part of a scholarship program, but it is our place too, in a very special way. I'm sure that, of all the places we have been, have lived, have visited, this will be the one that one of us will return to, alone, after the other has passed.

Alone, but not really alone. She or I will be accompanied by the memories and the love, always alive, in our hearts. We have shaped our relationship over many years, but the relationship has shaped us too. Each of us is, in a sense, a monument to that sculpturing and that will not be lost. Each of us may sense a touch, on the shoulder, or the hand, and imagine that we hear remembered words and phrases as the wind moves through the trees.

I have no idea what remains of us, beyond what I have just written. But I still feel that your husband is very proud of you, just as I will be of Mrs Ho Ho. He will be proud of you for handling your life as you have, and for hanging that swing.

Swing away, Steely, until your heart finds ease. Swing away, and you may feel that touch, or hear those words in the wind.

"The greatest wisdom: Love and Laughter, Inter-twined."
Ho Ho Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 07:20 AM   #241
steely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkin1024 View Post
I adore porch swings! Save room for me!
There is always room for you! I wouldn't have it any other way.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:29 AM   #242
steely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho Ho Tai View Post
Steely -

I have been following this thread, biding my time in replying after a brief entry (above.)

It's nearly 2 am. Mrs Ho Ho is sleeping peacefully, but I seem to be a bit fitful tonight, so am chasing after sleep with a bit of yogurt and e-mail.

I decided to respond to your post, and the picture of your beautiful porch swing, because the idea is so close to the bench and trees that Mrs Ho Ho and I have on the grounds of my old university. It is part of a scholarship program, but it is our place too, in a very special way. I'm sure that, of all the places we have been, have lived, have visited, this will be the one that one of us will return to, alone, after the other has passed.

Alone, but not really alone. She or I will be accompanied by the memories and the love, always alive, in our hearts. We have shaped our relationship over many years, but the relationship has shaped us too. Each of us is, in a sense, a monument to that sculpturing and that will not be lost. Each of us may sense a touch, on the shoulder, or the hand, and imagine that we hear remembered words and phrases as the wind moves through the trees.

I have no idea what remains of us, beyond what I have just written. But I still feel that your husband is very proud of you, just as I will be of Mrs Ho Ho. He will be proud of you for handling your life as you have, and for hanging that swing.

Swing away, Steely, until your heart finds ease. Swing away, and you may feel that touch, or hear those words in the wind.
Oh Mr Ho Ho, I appreciate your words so much. I can't really find the words at the moment to express that but I hope you know that I do. When the tears stop I will try my best to tell you.

I have been touched by grace with this thread. I can not tell all of you how much you have meant to me. The words of kindness, hope and support. I stand all amazed at the love that you all have given to me. I do not know what I would have done without your support. The words are inadequate to express how deeply I have been changed and transformed by the generosity of your spirits. I have been blessed and I am so grateful for each and every one of you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:49 AM   #243
Ho Ho Tai

Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Oh Mr Ho Ho, I appreciate your words so much. I can't really find the words at the moment to express that but I hope you know that I do. When the tears stop I will try my best to tell you.

I have been touched by grace with this thread. I can not tell all of you how much you have meant to me. The words of kindness, hope and support. I stand all amazed at the love that you all have given to me. I do not know what I would have done without your support. The words are inadequate to express how deeply I have been changed and transformed by the generosity of your spirits. I have been blessed and I am so grateful for each and every one of you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Steely -

It was very late last night when I posted that reply to you. I meant every word of it - the heart tends to be most open in the wee hours - but it may explain why I blundered into a restricted forum, where males should rightly fear to tread. I just want to add a small comment to the previous and then I leave this forum to it's rightful inhabitants.

I had a pretty miserable childhood, filled with many emotional and physical issues. (Not too unusual - that description would fit many kids.) In my adult life, I've sometimes wished that I could go back to that little fellow - the former 'me' - and whisper that everything will turn out fine in the end. But of course the paradoxes of time travel would suggest that would not be a good idea, even if possible.

The alternative is to support people I meet (or am related to) who are not as far along their pathways as I am along mine, offering such resources as are appropriate.

However, I am sometimes as anxious about my own future path now as my child-self was then. I can't whisper to my older self that things will be fine; all I can do is continue to learn from life - mine and the lives of others - and try to be prepared for what is surely to come. While I come here to read your story (and the stories of others) and to sympathize, I am really here to learn from you. There are many of you (yourself included) who, while much younger than I am, seem to me to be more emotionally mature. The mentors I had when I was younger have now passed on (though the lessons they taught me are still very much a part of me.) While they are gone, my need for mentors still persists. I hope I can comfort you, but know also that I am learning from you.

I am not here to mourn and can only hope that my presence here is not entirely inappropriate. I thank you (all of you) from the bottom of my heart for sharing as much and as deeply as you have.

"The greatest wisdom: Love and Laughter, Inter-twined."
Ho Ho Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:14 PM   #244
msbard90

msbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging in

Steely,
You are extremely strong. ((((huggggsss))))
msbard90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 05:46 AM   #245
truebebeblue
Balls,I kicks em.

truebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I can relate... I lost my boyfriend In June 08 Suddenly..
It's life changing and I will never be the same.
No one escapes life without scars
and I can't imagine a better person to carry a scar for.
So I treasure it, It's proof I loved deeply at least once.

True

P.s. we will never be the same and that is perfectly okay.
truebebeblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:20 AM   #246
steely

I just wanted to drop back in and tell everyone that I did get the job. I'm going to be alright. My life seems to be moving forward and want to thank all of you for kind thoughts, wishes and prayers. I couldn't have come this far without all of you.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:43 PM   #247
andr

andr has said some nice things

I'm sorry for your loss. Hugs from me
Old 03-18-2010, 06:44 AM   #248
steely

Quote:
Originally Posted by andr View Post
I'm sorry for your loss. Hugs from me
Thank you, andr
Old 03-20-2010, 09:29 PM   #249
Punkin1024
Summer's already here!

Location: Near Abilene, Texas, in the country. Wishing all my DIMS friends lived close by.
Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Amy, so glad you got the job and your life is moving forward. (((((((Amy)))))))

"Rainy day people don't talk, they just listen till they've heard it all." ~Rainy Day People - Gordon Lightfoot

"Use what talent you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best." - Henry Van Dyke
Punkin1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 11:19 PM   #250
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.

You have my utmost sympathy, Amy. Edgar
imfree is offline   Reply With Quote