Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

View Poll Results: Were you teased/bullied at school?
Yes (I live in North America) 32 59.26%
No (I live in North America) 12 22.22%
Yes (I live anywhere else) 7 12.96%
No (I live anywhere else) 3 5.56%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-10-2009, 05:44 PM   #1
1300 Class
Pam Poovey's Stunt Double

1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Teased/bullied at school?

Ok. It seems that many people were teased/bullied at/during school and it had a great affect on them. Hence the poll. Choices are pretty self explanitatory.

The reason I'm doing this is because there seems to be an awful lot of it happening to many people. It didn't happen to me, be it because of geography, or other factors to numerous to mention.

Oh this is for the BHM or whatever.
1300 Class is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 12:02 PM   #2
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Tough call....I was teased a couple of times in kindergarten about being fat, but it was not so much malicious as people laughed at anything that was a bit different, although it stuck in my mind. I had one or two incidents of being called fat in gym class in later years, but never anything major, systematic, or really thought out from what I could tell (more people being mad and reaching for convenient insults).

Not sure which to tick?

(and then again, I was not particularly fat, just fatter than average for where and when I was growing up)
Old 11-11-2009, 12:28 PM   #3
stldpn
On Timeout

stldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging in

Teased yes... for being overweight? no. All kids get teased to a certain extent, children are like little carnivorous fish... if they smell blood in the water and see a weakness they can't help themselves.
stldpn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:28 PM   #4
WillSpark
King Of The Robo-Sluts

WillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Absolutely. I wasn't particularly liked anyway, so kids teased me about two things: My weight (I was bigger and "the nerd") and the fact that I had a higher pitched voice up until about the end of Freshman year, so I got the "Gay" comments coming from a very, very, very conservative community.
Old 11-14-2009, 06:28 PM   #5
Inhibited

Inhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging in

Ahh sorry i just read the bit about it being for BHM, btw i didn't vote so i didn't mess up the tally.... Sorry!!

Last edited by Inhibited; 11-14-2009 at 06:30 PM.
Inhibited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 12:08 PM   #6
escapist
Belt Buster!

escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Teasing an "bullying" tend to be natural parts of pecking out the social order. It didn't take to long for me to learn to not take it seriously. Just cause someone says your something really doesn't mean anything. I'm gonna guess that some of my experiences only thickened my skin and pushed me to break out of the box where I felt defined by any labels. I was very socially awkward when I was younger but apparently likable I had talent and knew it, and used it to my advantage. It wasn't till later I learned to use my body and my size to the same advantage.

I'm sure I've said it before but learning martial arts and developing serious skill, grace, and self-discipline changed a lot of things for me. I remember back when I was a young bouncer I had to break up this fight that had been started over name calling (yeah imagine 2 adult men fighting over being called a name...that doesn't happen right? ). I told them to grow up and blow it off, and the guy who felt offended said, "Well what would you do if he called you that"?

I replied, "I would laugh".

The intoxicated patron didn't seem to appreciate my perspective and simply retorts: "Well thats easy for you to say".

I was small back then, only 6'3 300 lbs. I spent roughly 6 hours in the Dojo and another hour doing strait cardio almost every day. The thing was, in that job you get called every name in the book. Its your job to be the bad ass and take it. People will hate you, and people will love you. It really has everything to do with them and almost nothing to do with you! They would have called the thinnest best looking guy, a Fag, and the fattest chubby a Tub-O-Lard. I had seen it happen day after day night after night. Its not my fault some people have the stupid gene and don't realize when they are voicing such thoughts they are saying more about themselves than the people they are saying it too.

Like I said on the flip side sometimes it goes the other way, maybe one night you have to make the club look better so you get more hot girls in than normal, they are all over you (making it hard to do your job) so you grab the closest guy whose name you can remember and you pawn her off to him, "Hey I want you to meat this cool guy I know". Now he thinks your the stud of the year cause you just gave him a chance with a hot chick; but the truth is you just needed to be free of her so you could do your job. Its nothing personal. Ego is not involved. Sure its nice when people like you, and can be difficult when they don't. I just don't see why I should trouble myself as to the motivations of either viewpoint.

So there you go, a sneak peek as to why I am the way I say I am.
Old 11-16-2009, 03:25 AM   #7
Dellemanona

Dellemanona has said some nice things
Default Teased/bullied at school

He still says he doesnt want to go to school. Hes at a friends house right now so hopefully that will make him feel better. This is a boy in his grade but not the same class, I just hope he wasnt invited to be teased. If this doesnt work Im going to suggest that he at least tries to go to school tomorrow and if he doesnt feel good Ill pick him up.
Dellemanona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 08:34 PM   #8
StridentDionysus
SeŮor Member

StridentDionysus can now change their title

I was teased (not so much bullied). The thing is that according to NAFTA I live in North America but according to others I live either in Central or South America... What to answer?
Old 11-16-2009, 10:02 PM   #9
bigsexy920
Ok I'll be good.

bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I was teased a bit but usually only by a handfull of people. In HS there was these two guys that would tease me but I would give it right back to them.

I had to be careful in grade school I was always much bigger and not just weight but also height - I was never bullied, the bullies were scared of me and I was a protector. I hated to see kids teasing other kids so I would stick up for them and the bullies would back off. Little did they know Im all bark and no bite.
bigsexy920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 03:42 PM   #10
Buffetbelly
Nosh, destroyer of snacks

Buffetbelly is a member of the 500 clubBuffetbelly is a member of the 500 clubBuffetbelly is a member of the 500 clubBuffetbelly is a member of the 500 clubBuffetbelly is a member of the 500 clubBuffetbelly is a member of the 500 club

In response to persistent bullying, I learned to defend myself and became the unofficial wrestling champ of the elementary school and later junior high. Any bullies quickly had the tables turned on them and I was often called on to defend other kids from getting picked on. These activities led to frequent detention and other problems with teachers and principals.
Buffetbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 12:17 PM   #11
stldpn
On Timeout

stldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging in

I find it funny that most of us will admit to being picked on... though it seems several of us remember scrapping on the playground.... was anybody here considered a bully in school?

I cannot all the way thru highschool remember getting into more than two fights... and both of those fights were honestly not ones that I participated in so much as found myself in the middle of.... by the time I got to hs fighting was an automatic ticket to ride the bench... just not worth it.
Old 11-20-2009, 12:48 PM   #12
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I was about to say that I was not a bully at all, but then I recollected a partial exception. We moved the summer before I was going into grade three, and the only boy my age nearby was right across the street, a little bit chubby, and with very fat parents who were almost a caricature of fat lifestyle (Dad got home from the office and settled into his easy chair in front of the TV with a beer, son was driven to school, at a meal out he might eat nothing but french fries, etc). I was already fascinated by fat (although I didnít really understand how weird that was then), and had what could maybe be best described as a crush on his family, they were the fatty paradise I hadnít even known Iíd been longing for.

The only problem was that the boy and I were very, very, different personality types, and never really managed to become good friends. We still hung out a fair bit, but a couple of years in, just before he really began to get fat, he made it clear that he didnít want to be fat and didnít like fat. My feelings could probably best be described as those of someone jilted, although again I didnít understand it at the time, I just knew I didnít like him. After that, for a couple of years I couldnít really stand to let him win any point, about anything. Fortunately we were in different classes, had different friends, and were on different schedules, so we didnít interact much. But in hindsight whenever we did have to interact I was all over his case. After a bit I got over it, and just avoided him.
Old 11-20-2009, 10:56 PM   #13
WillSpark
King Of The Robo-Sluts

WillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I was (am) probably the polar opposite of a bully. One who got pushed around. I let it happen frankly because I didn't care enough about it for it to matter. Now I have witty retorts. I learned it's just better that way. Very few that have come up with physical threats typically (or in my current limited life experience, always) refuse to act on them, which just solidifies my logical, reasonable stance to their overblown anger. Never bullied, never want to. It just isn't a good way to respond to any situation. Period.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:27 AM   #14
ep3er

ep3er can now change their title

I had a bully at school and for a year he made my life miserable. He called me names, made fun of me and sometimes it would get physical. I was terrified of this guy. Fate would have it that a year later I outgrew and outweighted him, had a lot more confidence in my and faced him. He was just not the same person after our confrontation which led me to think, why was I so afraid of this guy? He was basically nothing.
ep3er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 01:03 PM   #15
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stldpn View Post
I find it funny that most of us will admit to being picked on... though it seems several of us remember scrapping on the playground.... was anybody here considered a bully in school?
Ok, the original question did not apply to me, but this one does.

I was sort of a bully...but not really in a traditional sense. I didn't randomly pick on some weak/weird kid or anything like that. In grade school/high school, I was the really weird one, and people would often make remarks or do some rude shit to me. Yeah, big mistake. After being bullied, I would then excessively bully the bully, to the point where some of them changed schools or had nervous breakdowns. Heh. Is it wrong that I'm still laughing about it?
Old 11-22-2009, 02:52 PM   #16
99Haints

99Haints is a member of the 500 club99Haints is a member of the 500 club99Haints is a member of the 500 club99Haints is a member of the 500 club99Haints is a member of the 500 club99Haints is a member of the 500 club

In high school I was pretty much invisible, but in grade school I was a stone cold bully. I never thought of it that way at the time, because my wrath came down almost exclusively on those who messed with my friends, but the zeal I had for teasing and fighting didn't mesh with the "defender" part I was trying to pull off, and my revenge was always far more malicious than whatever the initial slight was. It only took one little act of aggression to have me obsessively torture someone for a whole year or more. It's a cycle I feel really lucky to have broken before I ended up as a cop or morning DJ.
99Haints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 03:30 PM   #17
Kingofthedorks

Kingofthedorks has said some nice things

High school wasnt so bad, but in jr. high I was teased alot. Luckily people learned how to grow up
Kingofthedorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 05:31 PM   #18
escapist
Belt Buster!

escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I wouldn't say I was a Bully, I was more with Melian. I had a terrible appetite for retribution. Often I would take the sides of the underdog just because I knew in most cases I was the better fighter and could take the blows. I have to admit, I might have been fighting the bully's to protect the other "kids" but I got off on it too. Sometimes my rage would get the best of me. I had a nasty habit of hospitalizing other kids (and some adults). The worst of them I can remember was...well...ok a few of them were:

1. The time I threw a Japanese throwing star into another kid. (Pretty sure I was eight years old, but I practiced about 1-2 hours a day throwing them).

2. The time I found a Flat square object (shaped like a throwing star) on the ground and threw it into a bigger kids head.

3. The time I was at a party when I was 17 and crushed a 23 year old guy's ribs (and cracked them) because he was picking on a way smaller skinny friend of mine. I was pretty scared on this one. I repeatedly rammed him into a brick fireplace and wall until he bruised, and cracked, his ribs and finally went unconscious after convulsing for a while and went limp.

4. Oh...almost forgot the Famous Homemade throwing star that got me 1 year of suspension from the playground. The was probably the peak of my (I am the defender of the weak) phase. Often I was fighting 3-5 people at once (yeah what happened to the honer of 1 on 1?), so made some "throwing stars" out of Needles and masking tape because I knew a big fight was going to happen and I was way out numbered.

All this resulted in forced medication by the school district to control me, many hours of psychological evaluations, years of suspension and detention.

Oddly enough. it was when I took up martial arts, I learned not just how to kill or be killed but how to live, that I realized I now had a responsibility to that knowledge. It was on that journey that discovered spiritual enlightenment, self-discipline, became a bouncer, and eventually a teacher myself.

------------------------------
I should note that my step father was an undercover narcotics officer, and lets just say that kind of environment becomes a pressure cooker for violence. It also gave me some of my ability to talk my way out of going to court or jail even (Yes I've been using social dynamics since I was young). It just helps when your speaking to people to be able to relate to their world. Police officers are no different, you can create a solid rapport in minutes and get serious charges dropped to nothing more than a warning. In some cases I even have the officer write personal notes to the judges on the backs of complaint forms and tickets ...just a little side note :P I was a tricky little bastard that learned if I didn't start it, I won't suffer the worst of it, so picking on bully's was easy.

Last edited by escapist; 11-23-2009 at 05:41 PM.
escapist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 06:05 AM   #19
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by escapist View Post
1. The time I threw a Japanese throwing star

2. The time I found a Flat square object (shaped like a throwing star)

4. Oh...almost forgot the Famous Homemade throwing star
No more throwing stars or throwing star-shaped objects for you
Old 11-24-2009, 06:41 AM   #20
escapist
Belt Buster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melian View Post
No more throwing stars or throwing star-shaped objects for you
Its the Ninja in me, i can't help it! I just love to toss the old Shuriken around.

Actually the irony of that part of my life is later when I started learning martial arts I was learning Samurai Style arts like the opposite of ninjutsu.

Last edited by escapist; 11-24-2009 at 06:47 AM.
escapist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 07:19 PM   #21
stldpn
On Timeout

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillSpark View Post
I was (am) probably the polar opposite of a bully. One who got pushed around. I let it happen frankly because I didn't care enough about it for it to matter. Now I have witty retorts. I learned it's just better that way. Very few that have come up with physical threats typically (or in my current limited life experience, always) refuse to act on them, which just solidifies my logical, reasonable stance to their overblown anger. Never bullied, never want to. It just isn't a good way to respond to any situation. Period.
you're right very few people will back that threat up... but the few that do... they're just crazy
Old 11-25-2009, 08:06 PM   #22
Wanderer
Actor at Extra-Large

Wanderer does more than just post hot picsWanderer does more than just post hot picsWanderer does more than just post hot picsWanderer does more than just post hot pics

I'm something of a mixed bag, myself... while I'm pretty sure I was teased in grade school, I honestly didn't notice. In my mind, I wasn't "fat" ot "thin"... I was ME! So when other kids puffed their cheeks out, I just looked at them funny... when they laughed because I split my pants, I laughed right along with them.

Secondary to High School... well, that was a different matter. The bullies learned how to push my buttons, which started a fight.

But I don't exactly fight fair. I tend to pick up large objects and hit people with them. Throw in a touch of berserk range (only a touch; it only kicks in one-on-one), and by senior year nobody wanted to mess with me.
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote