Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > GLBTQ



Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2009, 03:26 AM   #26
mergirl
 
mergirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 6,927
mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Ok..googled 'Gomer Pyle'....
Yeah, see i think what you are talking about is what i was thinking when my friend was saying she didn't like hetro girl on girl flirting. I thought that it was a bit weird she was against it because it really is harmless. This is really not the same as emulating gay people for some reason or other. I think this sort of flirting happens naturally when you are comfortable with your friends. I think there are two seperate phenomenon being discussed. The one you describe where you are having fun with your friends and giving each other a boost with no motive other than having fun. The other type of flirting is more to do with impressing guys or trying to be 'lesbian chique' or fashionable.
Regarding your 'Gomer Pyle statement.. i'm not sure 'straight' chicks really do.. i think bi-curious ones do though. If you are really 100% not gay i don't think you 'could' be with someone of the same sex. Though, again its surprising what people do for all the wrong reasons i guess.
__________________
We must learn that to passively accept an unjust system is to cooperate with that system, thereby to become a participant in its evil. -Martin Luther King, Jr.
mergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 04:04 PM   #27
Tau
IXAMXDECADENCE
 
Tau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Posts: 1,308
Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default

A question: What do you mean by flirting? Some of the stuff discussed here, e.g. letting female friends/random people know they look damn hot, is not flirting in my opinion. If you look hot you look hot - my telling you doesnt mean I'm flirting with you. Also, i cuddle with my girlfriends all the time. I often share a bed with my roomies, depending on whos room we happened to fall asleep in, and we spend a great deal of that time naked Again, no flirting. We dance together, I bite, they sit in my lap, we play with each others hair - not flirting. That just happens to be the way I interact with my female friends.

I really hate two drink lesbians - its rude and embarrasing and I just want to thump them. If your friend is referring to this brand of chick, the ooohhh lets touch each other cos the boyz are watching, then I understand her irritation. But if its about women just interacting with women in the way women do - I think she's giving herself a hernia over nothing.
__________________
"Happiness isn't enough! I demand euphoria!"
http://fiercefotography.blogspot.com/
Tau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 04:45 PM   #28
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher
 
LillyBBBW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 9,794
LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau View Post
A question: What do you mean by flirting? Some of the stuff discussed here, e.g. letting female friends/random people know they look damn hot, is not flirting in my opinion. If you look hot you look hot - my telling you doesnt mean I'm flirting with you. Also, i cuddle with my girlfriends all the time. I often share a bed with my roomies, depending on whos room we happened to fall asleep in, and we spend a great deal of that time naked Again, no flirting. We dance together, I bite, they sit in my lap, we play with each others hair - not flirting. That just happens to be the way I interact with my female friends.

I really hate two drink lesbians - its rude and embarrasing and I just want to thump them. If your friend is referring to this brand of chick, the ooohhh lets touch each other cos the boyz are watching, then I understand her irritation. But if its about women just interacting with women in the way women do - I think she's giving herself a hernia over nothing.
Yeah, that was confusing for me also. The concept of flirting is subjective and I've heard criticisms about both. While I've never been a two drink lesbian I've engaged in the other kind. I didn't see anything wrong with it but I've heard some non hetero people state legitimate reasons why they find it a bit disquieting and alienating. That makes sense to me but I don't think that this particular kind of interaction is deliberately meant to be a tease per se.
__________________
Expecting the world to treat you kindly because you are a good person is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 09:40 PM   #29
Cors
Delurking
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Europe
Posts: 2,763
Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau View Post
A question: What do you mean by flirting? Some of the stuff discussed here, e.g. letting female friends/random people know they look damn hot, is not flirting in my opinion. If you look hot you look hot - my telling you doesnt mean I'm flirting with you. Also, i cuddle with my girlfriends all the time. I often share a bed with my roomies, depending on whos room we happened to fall asleep in, and we spend a great deal of that time naked Again, no flirting. We dance together, I bite, they sit in my lap, we play with each others hair - not flirting. That just happens to be the way I interact with my female friends.
I understand that women tend to be a little more affectionate with each other. I don't consider the behavior you described flirting at all, though I do get a little uncomfortable when my straight girlfriends jump into the tub or in bed with me, all naked and then start asking me details about lesbian sex! (I ended up sleeping with a few "straight" girls that way, but at least they didn't actually lead me on.)

However, most of them will never do all that innocent intimate stuff with a butch woman, even if she is a good friend. Some even complain about stone butches in the female changing room. It is probably just a girly girl thing (and I imagine that my gal pals feel more comfortable with me because I prefer butch women), but I sometimes feel paranoid about them not taking my sexuality seriously.

Last edited by Cors; 11-14-2009 at 09:42 PM.
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 04:12 AM   #30
mergirl
 
mergirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 6,927
mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cors View Post

However, most of them will never do all that innocent intimate stuff with a butch woman, even if she is a good friend. Some even complain about stone butches in the female changing room. It is probably just a girly girl thing (and I imagine that my gal pals feel more comfortable with me because I prefer butch women), but I sometimes feel paranoid about them not taking my sexuality seriously.
Hu. I just realised something when you said that. When i talked earlier about girl flirting when i was younger and how it tended to make me feel left out and uncomfortable, i realised i 'looked' more stereotypical lesbian then (Shaved head or mowhawk plus the clothes i wore etc). Maby the flirting was different in some way (ie. less because they didn't want to lead me on or for me to think i found them attractive). Hmm.. i suspect it had more to do with my own comfort about my sexuality but i guess thats something to consider.
Hmmm..I only have one or two girlfriends i am kinna flirtatious with in that way (Though actually i have kind of stopped this cause it gives my gf green eye!! lol). I think for lesbians (from what i have noticed) their outside gender sexuality friend flirting seems to happen more with gay men. My gay male friends and i always grrrowl at each other and make rediculous over the top compliments. Though i have found they do the same with straight women.
Maby, there is some social or evolutionary reason for this phenomenon (Like female cows humping in a field for practice!! ....*Though some animals are really gay..i saw a docu!!!!)- Maby its a confidence booster or for practice... hmmm... i'm not sure...
__________________
We must learn that to passively accept an unjust system is to cooperate with that system, thereby to become a participant in its evil. -Martin Luther King, Jr.
mergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 11:25 AM   #31
joswitch
Exile from Main Board
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,704
joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergirl View Post
Hu. I just realised something when you said that. When i talked earlier about girl flirting when i was younger and how it tended to make me feel left out and uncomfortable, i realised i 'looked' more stereotypical lesbian then (Shaved head or mowhawk plus the clothes i wore etc). Maby the flirting was different in some way (ie. less because they didn't want to lead me on or for me to think i found them attractive). Hmm.. i suspect it had more to do with my own comfort about my sexuality but i guess thats something to consider.
Hmmm..I only have one or two girlfriends i am kinna flirtatious with in that way (Though actually i have kind of stopped this cause it gives my gf green eye!! lol). I think for lesbians (from what i have noticed) their outside gender sexuality friend flirting seems to happen more with gay men. My gay male friends and i always grrrowl at each other and make rediculous over the top compliments. Though i have found they do the same with straight women.
Maby, there is some social or evolutionary reason for this phenomenon (Like female cows humping in a field for practice!! ....*Though some animals are really gay..i saw a docu!!!!)- Maby its a confidence booster or for practice... hmmm... i'm not sure...
Maybe the straight girl flirting is like a girly version of male bonding??? The femme equivalent of all that macho horseshit too-hard-backslapping / handshaking, playfighting and friendly-insulting???
__________________
...
joswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 12:04 PM   #32
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher
 
LillyBBBW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 9,794
LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergirl View Post
Hu. I just realised something when you said that. When i talked earlier about girl flirting when i was younger and how it tended to make me feel left out and uncomfortable, i realised i 'looked' more stereotypical lesbian then (Shaved head or mowhawk plus the clothes i wore etc). Maby the flirting was different in some way (ie. less because they didn't want to lead me on or for me to think i found them attractive). Hmm.. i suspect it had more to do with my own comfort about my sexuality but i guess thats something to consider.
Hmmm..I only have one or two girlfriends i am kinna flirtatious with in that way (Though actually i have kind of stopped this cause it gives my gf green eye!! lol). I think for lesbians (from what i have noticed) their outside gender sexuality friend flirting seems to happen more with gay men. My gay male friends and i always grrrowl at each other and make rediculous over the top compliments. Though i have found they do the same with straight women.
Maby, there is some social or evolutionary reason for this phenomenon (Like female cows humping in a field for practice!! ....*Though some animals are really gay..i saw a docu!!!!)- Maby its a confidence booster or for practice... hmmm... i'm not sure...
I've touched on this a few times in other threads but this ties in with a very strange phenomenon that seems to be a common affliction for single people. Many people feel most comfortable flirting with people who are unavailable or they are otherwise unattracted to. In a distant land far far way there was a thread posted about an FA who has an easier time flirting with thin girls than he does with fat girls simply because he gets all verklempt and can't utter a word when confronted with a fattie that he really digs. This palsy seems to afflict most people of all genders and pursuasions. Flirting is fun and most like to engage in it. It's easy to do when one is just playing around with friends and the play is mutual understood as just play. When it's an object of desire though people generally clam up and become standoffish. Maybe the display of flirtateous behavior is an exercise, a way to expel natural energy that is otherwise unspent?
__________________
Expecting the world to treat you kindly because you are a good person is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 03:30 PM   #33
StarWitness
part square, part drape
 
StarWitness's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sexcriminalboat
Posts: 692
StarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Default

I flirt with my female and gay male friends, but not in a way that could be considered leading them on (at least, I don't think). I guess for me it's a way of expressing that I recognize and appreciate that they are attractive, lovable people, even if I'm not personally sexually attracted to them.
__________________
Oh yeah, like the people of New Jersey have never seen a fat guy and a chick make out. It's on the freaking state flag. --Homer Simpson

I've always been a guy with a sweet tooth, and that girl's just like a king-size candy bar...
--Sleater-Kinney
StarWitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 04:55 AM   #34
mergirl
 
mergirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 6,927
mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joswitch View Post
Maybe the straight girl flirting is like a girly version of male bonding??? The femme equivalent of all that macho horseshit too-hard-backslapping / handshaking, playfighting and friendly-insulting???
Ahh, yeah. Maby. Though, women also seem to be better at talking to each other and comforting each other too.. but yeah maby its a play thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyBBBW View Post
I've touched on this a few times in other threads but this ties in with a very strange phenomenon that seems to be a common affliction for single people. Many people feel most comfortable flirting with people who are unavailable or they are otherwise unattracted to. In a distant land far far way there was a thread posted about an FA who has an easier time flirting with thin girls than he does with fat girls simply because he gets all verklempt and can't utter a word when confronted with a fattie that he really digs. This palsy seems to afflict most people of all genders and pursuasions. Flirting is fun and most like to engage in it. It's easy to do when one is just playing around with friends and the play is mutual understood as just play. When it's an object of desire though people generally clam up and become standoffish. Maybe the display of flirtateous behavior is an exercise, a way to expel natural energy that is otherwise unspent?
Yeah.. Maby Lilly. Actually, when i was younger i was SO good at flirting with people i wasn't so attracted to but when i did actually see someone i was attracted to i would act rediculously and they would think i was 'special'.
Yeah.. maby people have like a flirting gage which needs to be let off now and then and thats what hetro-hetro girl flirting is about.
Now that i think about it and what people have said in this thread i think my freind and i were actually talking about two different things. I was talking about what you are describing- which i think is fun and just like horseplay (as jo said) - I think what she ment was the 'acting' like a lesbian, which i can understand pisses people off a lot. I must say though i have never much been so pissed off by the latter either, but maby because it has never affected me and i usually think that women who pretend they are lesbians to get some guy are pretty pathetic so are not worth bothering about. Though i guess it would be a different matter if i got hurt in the process.. This would NOT be cool!!!
My initial post was about flirting between hetro women though, so i can't see what harm that could ever do. Oh, except for maby it might make me feel left out if i was hanging with them...hmmm... See i wonder if this sort of play stops when gay women are there all the time?? I think though, personally i am socially equipt enough to engage in this sort of play without making people feel uncomfortable... Also i think it really only happens between people you know well enough. Oh i kinna got to rambling near the end there didn't i? ! lol
__________________
We must learn that to passively accept an unjust system is to cooperate with that system, thereby to become a participant in its evil. -Martin Luther King, Jr.

Last edited by mergirl; 11-16-2009 at 04:59 AM. Reason: Thought of other stuff...
mergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 05:03 AM   #35
mergirl
 
mergirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 6,927
mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarWitness View Post
I flirt with my female and gay male friends, but not in a way that could be considered leading them on (at least, I don't think). I guess for me it's a way of expressing that I recognize and appreciate that they are attractive, lovable people, even if I'm not personally sexually attracted to them.
Thats a nice way of being Starwitness. I guess i do the same with all my friends but maby not always in a flirty way, but i will say stuff like -"you look really beautiful in that dress" or "I think its amazing the way you are helping so and so out".. more confidence boosters.. not so much "Hellz ..your ass looks fine today you sexy bitch!" ...I kinna talk like this to my gay male friends though.. only a couple of them.. the rest are more refined and would think i was on drugs! lol
__________________
We must learn that to passively accept an unjust system is to cooperate with that system, thereby to become a participant in its evil. -Martin Luther King, Jr.
mergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:23 AM   #36
disaster117
Disappear here.
 
disaster117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Western NY
Posts: 212
disaster117 carries a lot of weight on this boarddisaster117 carries a lot of weight on this boarddisaster117 carries a lot of weight on this boarddisaster117 carries a lot of weight on this boarddisaster117 carries a lot of weight on this boarddisaster117 carries a lot of weight on this board
Default

Not offended by it, although I'd rather be the one to be flirting with the hetero-girls.
I seem to have a problem with this, I just can't wrap my head around the idea that they're straight. In all of my fantasies they're totally into me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by strangeangel View Post
Two hetero girls flirting with each other? Doesn't bother me one bit!
A hetero girl flirting with me? I take it as a challenge, until of course she starts showing signs that she's just doing it for attention. Then I exit stage left.
I agree with this. When this happens, I pretty much just say something that they cannot possibly even form a rebuttal-flirt (?) for, because it catches them off guard that I'd be so blunt. I usually only do that when I know it's for attention.
__________________
"We all become important when we realize our goal should be to figure out our role within the context of the whole."
disaster117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:52 AM   #37
mergirl
 
mergirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 6,927
mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaster117 View Post
Not offended by it, although I'd rather be the one to be flirting with the hetero-girls.
I seem to have a problem with this, I just can't wrap my head around the idea that they're straight. In all of my fantasies they're totally into me...
LMAO! I can't believe that straight women wouldn't be into you either!!
__________________
We must learn that to passively accept an unjust system is to cooperate with that system, thereby to become a participant in its evil. -Martin Luther King, Jr.
mergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:51 PM   #38
disaster117
Disappear here.
 
disaster117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Western NY
Posts: 212
disaster117 carries a lot of weight on this boarddisaster117 carries a lot of weight on this boarddisaster117 carries a lot of weight on this boarddisaster117 carries a lot of weight on this boarddisaster117 carries a lot of weight on this boarddisaster117 carries a lot of weight on this board
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergirl View Post
LMAO! I can't believe that straight women wouldn't be into you either!!
I know! What is with that?!?!
__________________
"We all become important when we realize our goal should be to figure out our role within the context of the whole."
disaster117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 04:40 AM   #39
mergirl
 
mergirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 6,927
mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaster117 View Post
I know! What is with that?!?!
*Shakes fist at straight women* The nerve!!!!!!!
__________________
We must learn that to passively accept an unjust system is to cooperate with that system, thereby to become a participant in its evil. -Martin Luther King, Jr.
mergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 04:50 AM   #40
Cors
Delurking
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Europe
Posts: 2,763
Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

It makes me sad. Self-proclaimed straight women hit on me a whole lot (mostly when the boys are watching but sometimes without too), yet I can throw myself at the hot fat butches I see, be upfront about my intentions and they still won't take me seriously. Why can't more lesbians flirt with me? *whine*

(It could well be my partner turning all the women off, but I had the same problem when I was single, out and reasonably well-known in the tiny community back home.)

Last edited by Cors; 11-18-2009 at 04:55 AM.
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:29 AM   #41
Melian
Ultimate Chimera
 
Melian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,321
Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cors View Post
It makes me sad. Self-proclaimed straight women hit on me a whole lot (mostly when the boys are watching but sometimes without too), yet I can throw myself at the hot fat butches I see, be upfront about my intentions and they still won't take me seriously. Why can't more lesbians flirt with me? *whine*

(It could well be my partner turning all the women off, but I had the same problem when I was single, out and reasonably well-known in the tiny community back home.)
Might just be the community, Cors.

Honestly, I think you'd be eaten alive, over here....no pun intended
__________________
Whaddya mean, "booze ain't food??"
Melian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 09:47 AM   #42
kayrae
doot doot doot
 
kayrae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,205
kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

I don't know, mer. I flirt with everyone and for the most part, anyone who participates in the flirtation know it's all for fakesies.
kayrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 04:23 AM   #43
mergirl
 
mergirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 6,927
mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayrae View Post
I don't know, mer. I flirt with everyone and for the most part, anyone who participates in the flirtation know it's all for fakesies.
See, thats good. Tis the first type of flirting i was talking about. There is a phenomenon that happens mainly between hetrosexual women where they faux flirt with each other. I have actually seen this happen in a more gregarious way with gay men too. Though funny enough, not between hetro males and only rarely between Lesbians. (This is is only in my experience btw, i havn't read any sociology studies or anything.)
I find it interesting not anoying or anything and i wonder where it comes from and why it happens. Though, from what i have seen and heard it seems to be about fun and an easy and relaxed way to practice real flirting. I rarely engage in it with hetrosexual women, unless i know that they know i am not attracted to them and its just for fun ..which can be a bit of a minefield, so i dont normally bother. I don't want anyone to feel uncomfortable or have to explain (When its not needed) that they are not into women.
__________________
We must learn that to passively accept an unjust system is to cooperate with that system, thereby to become a participant in its evil. -Martin Luther King, Jr.
mergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:16 PM   #44
KatsPyjamas
well gosh
 
KatsPyjamas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: England
Posts: 85
KatsPyjamas can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesKatsPyjamas can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default

I'm so happily in a het relationship, but I like women and I do flirt with women, not to lead them on but I enjoy it because I feel secure that i'm just being complimentary and friendly and am so into my partner that i wouldn't go very far beyond flirtaciousness.
KatsPyjamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright Dimensions Magazine. All rights reserved worldwide.