Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > GLBTQ

Old 11-17-2009, 04:11 AM   #26
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismiss View Post
Well, that could solve a few things
Damminnit no rep to give.. but i chuckled!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joswitch View Post
Woodsmoke, cheap adidas deoderant, (sometimes fresh sweat) and also my natural smell which is a bit like fresh ground black pepper and real wool.

Some folks remark on the woodsmoke, generally favourably... which is nice...
Oooh i used to love the smell of me when i used to stay at peace camps when i was younger. Like bonfires and fresh air.. no cheap addidas deoderant though.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:16 AM   #27
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Toil View Post
I also like the smell from a bottle of oatmeal body wash.
Ooooh, I love that too
Old 11-17-2009, 06:33 AM   #28
butch
cuddly, hairy, and fat

butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I smell like tater tots and tartar sauce.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:05 AM   #29
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I smell like garlic. I went to the farmers market and bought a small bag of peeled garlic. I put it and some other items in my bag and now I can't get the smell out.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 07:12 AM   #30
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by butch View Post
I smell like tater tots and tartar sauce.
no way!! seriously i am eating tartar sauce this very second!!! Along with some left over salmon... but still, i feel you would find my smell appealing!!
Old 11-17-2009, 07:17 AM   #31
mergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyBBBW View Post
I smell like garlic. I went to the farmers market and bought a small bag of peeled garlic. I put it and some other items in my bag and now I can't get the smell out.
mmm.. i love the smell of garlic, though it is a bugger to get rid of when you dont want to smell of it. I made a veggi shepherds pie last night and used garlic, even after i had a shower i still felt i could smell garlic on me.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:15 AM   #32
disaster117
Disappear here.

disaster117 carries a lot of weight on this boarddisaster117 carries a lot of weight on this boarddisaster117 carries a lot of weight on this boarddisaster117 carries a lot of weight on this boarddisaster117 carries a lot of weight on this boarddisaster117 carries a lot of weight on this board

Japanese Cherry Blossom from B&BW. I occasionally venture to "Plumeria" from B&BW because it's delicious smelling.

As far as hair goes, I use Dove shampoo. The "Cucumber+Green Tea" kind. Oooohhh god.
Old 11-17-2009, 03:39 PM   #33
Mishty
aluminum petunia

Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I use Love Spell body mist by Victorias Secrets everyday, layered with the Love Spell body butter. It's a soft dreamy crisp scent that I've used since Jr.High, it seems to work well with my shampoo and other hair stuffs which is Aussie . I use a regular bar soap Grapefruit scented by Dove, which smells so fresh because of the lemongrass! From time to time, during Spring I'll wear Clinque Happy and Bora Bora by Liz Claiborne it's soft, very feminine and I get these lil squinty eyed looks from people trying to guess the smell, I thinks it a kinda/sorta grandmotherly smell, but with green tea lotion it's mellowed out a lot!

The weird thing is, most people love the undertone of my liquid detergent! Lavender Lilac by Gain! I get more sniffs because of it than all of my sprays and perfumes! Who knew!
Well I ain't really falling asleep; I'm fading to black.
Mishty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 04:39 PM   #34
Neen
Free Spirit

Neen can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesNeen can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesNeen can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I am a perfume addict. 'Love spell' by victoria secret. or just a cheap cotton candy body spray. I love fruity, food type smells..
Old 11-17-2009, 05:56 PM   #35
Tania
Disneyland Bobsled Team

Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Yes, Gracie. Insolence.

~ The Cure

"She will never submit to any thing requiring industry and patience, and a subjection of the fancy to the understanding."
~ Mr. Knightley on Emma, Jane Austen's Emma
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 07:32 PM   #36
Teleute
Heh heh. "Member".

Teleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging in

It is surprisingly fascinating reading about everyone's scent and preferences! This is a neat thread

I am restricted in what I can wear on a daily basis; I work in a cancer care center and the patients are very sensitive to smells, so pretty much anything detectable is a no-go (popcorn is banned from the building too, as that scent is apparently the most bothersome of all, and we have some other nonintuitive restrictions... for instance, no plants and no fake nails, as both can grow nasty stuff like fungus and mold that can infect our patients). I wear old spice deodorant (review/description of the old spice scent here) on a regular basis, but the scent isn't very strong when it's under clothes. I sometimes use Dove cherry blossom & almond body wash, which I love but try not to use on workdays as it's definitely more noticeable... TONS of positive comments when I use that one, though. One of my favorite scents is vintage Chloe (description here - the one I like is the rounded bottle with the peach box, not either of the square bottles which are newer scents). I got a powder/lotion/perfume set from a great-great-grandmother who died or something when I was about 12, and I LOOOOOOOOOVED it... still do, although again I can't wear anything like that on a regular basis. As the linked description implies, the scent is awfully strong, but I've had good luck diluting it a bit to make it a little more manageable and less overwhelming.

I don't have any good description of my overall natural smell, as I don't really notice it most of the time, heh. Post-arousal it's very sharp and a little sour (kinda citrusy maybe?) though - noooooo way can I go anywhere without showering or at least putting on more deodorant after sex! Also, it's weird, but I love the smell of my cleavage. It's a totally distinct smell from my underarms, which I assume is what most people think of when discussing a person's scent - it's sort of musky and nutty and warm. I dunno, maybe that's the scent of most of my skin, and I just don't notice it anywhere else because I can't exactly smell the backs of my knees
Teleute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:35 PM   #37
GTAFA

GTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticed

I like the title of this thread, which is so counter to the usual tendencies of the web. You ask us what we smell like. Hm, here, take a sniff. Got that?

Seriously, it's such a wonderful question, because sensuality is still the last frontier. The foodee board is wonderful precisely because it's so lush and overflowing with images and descriptions that make your mouth water. I wonder if they will ever manage to make the www interactive across other senses beside sight and sound.

I dont know if the question really includes me (sorry if that sounds neurotic, but i am venturing into this board for perhaps the first time, don't mean to invade... just fascinated by the question). I wear some scents (that Gaultier in the bottle shaped like a guy, or Eau Sauvage, which isn't sauvage whatsoever come to think of it)...., but love the aveda hair products, the way they subtly say herbal. Lately i walk around with the whiff of hand sanitizer on me because i am washing my hands so much and then putting that stuff on after: not very sensuous i am afraid.

I know there are people who like the genuine scent of sweat --where are you--but i prefer to stay clean smelling, so i wear a deodorant, and shower twice a day if it's really hot. Do i have a double standard? maybe. I just feel a bit more in control if i am not distracting everyone with my own smell (and that includes the stuff in bottles, which must be used sparingly).
GTAFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 12:41 AM   #38
Candy_Coated_Clown

Candy_Coated_Clown never has a post go unnoticedCandy_Coated_Clown never has a post go unnoticedCandy_Coated_Clown never has a post go unnoticedCandy_Coated_Clown never has a post go unnoticedCandy_Coated_Clown never has a post go unnoticedCandy_Coated_Clown never has a post go unnoticedCandy_Coated_Clown never has a post go unnoticed

I like to experiment with a lot of scents. I also have a huge line of lotions. I enjoyed the Temptations line from Bath and Body Works, but looks like it's been discontinued for the time being. I do wish they'd bring the line back.

I also am a fan of stuff like Demeter Fragrance Library and Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab scents. I like to switch things up depending on my mood and frame of mind, however I do have a signature scent that I am recognized by. I get comments on how I smell often and in many places. My signature scent is Pink Sugar by Aquolina. It blends well with and on my body.

When I'm wearing it, the smell is interpreted differently by many. I've been told I smell exactly like freshly spun cotton candy, caramel candy, warm vanilla sugar, cocoa butter, birthday cake or a pastry bakery. The scent isn't cheap or nasty-smelling. Aquolina has done a good job in creating a sophisticated gourmand scent that works well. There's a male version of the perfume too: Blue Sugar. That smells really good and it is altered a bit for more of masculine, but still sweet and exotic, scent. I just hope they don't discontinue either. I am going to have to stock up one of these days just in case.

I also smell like coconut oil. It's very subtle. I liberally use organic, pure, virgin coconut oil on my skin, hair and face. I put it on after a shower, after I wash my face to replenish moisture and I moisturize my hair with it when styling. It's truly a great natural oil for so many things, not just for cooking.

I also use many of the Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps when I take a shower or have a bath. Currently, I use the orange oil soap, lavender oil soap, and almond oil soap. I switch up with each depending on my mood. They leave a very clean feeling and after-scent that blends in well with my perfume and my body after dousing on coconut oil after a shower/bath.

Other times, I'll use pure cocoa butter, aloe vera or homemade fresh fruit pastes for my skin (to leave on for awhile and then wash off).

I like being my own bath and beauty alchemist. It's fun, rewarding, experimental and beneficial.
Candy_Coated_Clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 05:54 AM   #39
Tau
IXAMXDECADENCE

Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Today, Panache, Chips ahoy choc chip cookies, five roses tea, Beautiful Beginnings Dark and Lovely leave in conditioner and clean skin
Old 11-18-2009, 06:31 AM   #40
butch
cuddly, hairy, and fat

butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergirl View Post
no way!! seriously i am eating tartar sauce this very second!!! Along with some left over salmon... but still, i feel you would find my smell appealing!!
I think I'd find your smell appeling no matter what it was, missus!

So, anyone with me on adoring Mishty's new avatar pic? It is fabulous!
Old 11-18-2009, 09:09 AM   #41
mergirl

Quote:
I think I'd find your smell appeling no matter what it was, missus!

Mishty is fabulous full stop (period)- Her avitar is testiment to this fact!!
Old 11-18-2009, 04:42 PM   #42
LoveBHMS
default title

LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!

Caleche Delicate by Hermes.

From Bath and Body Works I love Freesia body spray.

Anything from Jo Malone. Her products are amazing. My favorite is Grapefruit.
LoveBHMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 07:22 PM   #43
bobbleheaddoll
loves her bhm!

bobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging in

most days i don't wear perfume...i work in an office with many people and they frown on it. too many scents on too many people are overwhelming i guess. normally i just smell like my coconut shampoo or that weird fruity smell of aussie hairspray..lol.

if i am going out, i like to wear rapture by victoria secret. it is very girlie.

i do admit that my date smelling good is a big turn on for me...not overpowering...so you have to get close to notice ...but it also tells me they took the time for that little extra something.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:24 PM   #44
bobbleheaddoll
loves her bhm!

bobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
yes, it is fabulous! very old school hollywood glam...
Old 11-18-2009, 09:29 PM   #45
KittyKitten
Nerdysillysweetspicysaucy

KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'm straight, but this post caught my eye.

I am a certified perfume-aholic. LOL.

I love to smell feminine and sweet. I swear by Vanderbilt, Chanel no5, or Design eau de parfum. I love the old school fragrances unlike the sugary-syrups of today.

When I pass by, I want you to SMELL me. A certain smell evokes memories in people.
KittyKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 09:45 PM   #46
fat9276

fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Cors, I think you should follow with a "what smell do you like on a partner, mate etc"

anyway... I am very sensitive to smells, can't wear or be around anything strong (makes me sick), but I do wear Bath & Body Works lotions...

Brown Sugar & Fig (wear this the most)

Night Blooming Jasmine

I bathe with Ivory only (I hate the smell of strong soap..especially in the morning) I use Pantene Ice Shine on my hair (the best shampoo/conditioner by far I have found).
fat9276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 03:54 AM   #47
moniquessbbw
Shake N Bake

moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I don't wear perfume. I use Warm Vanilla Sugar body wash and lotion. It is by Bath and Body. My second fav is Pearberry. BnB rocks.
moniquessbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 02:42 PM   #48
vardon_grip
Consistently smarmy

vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy_Coated_Clown View Post

I also am a fan of stuff like Demeter Fragrance Library and Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab scents.
BPAL is all I wear. I love that stuff.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:23 PM   #49
AtlantisAK

AtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going on

I smell like cherry vanilla or other sweet smelling scents sometimes. Mostly though, I keep to light powder scents.

I used to wear men's cologne and such when I was younger, but in the city, that doesnt exactly work well, lol.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:02 PM   #50
Cors
Delurking

Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!

I didn't expect so many responses!

Good point fat9276! I wonder where to start that discussion though. Hmmm.
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote