Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > GLBTQ

Old 11-25-2009, 01:04 AM   #51
Mgirl

Mgirl can now change their title

What an interesting question.

I'm not into perfumes so much. If I wear a scent it is subtle - sometimes I put a couple drops of orange and frankincense essential oil in my hair, but it would only be noticed if I was inches from someone.

There is only one perfume that I would consider wearing. I've had the bottle for years and would only wear it for a special reason because I believe it no longer is made. It's tobacco flower oddly enough - a beautiful smell which has nothing to do with what tobacco smells like.

Wow, just thinking about that flooded back so many memories...powerful sense indeed.
Mgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 02:32 AM   #52
Jay West Coast
Witness to the Thickness

Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!

I've been told that American's smell like cottage cheese. To other Americans, I've been told I often smell of coffee.

These days I wear Bulgari Aqua whenever I have a collared shirt on.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:36 AM   #53
SocialbFly
I am keeping Tina!

SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay West Coast View Post
I've been told that American's smell like cottage cheese. To other Americans, I've been told I often smell of coffee.

These days I wear Bulgari Aqua whenever I have a collared shirt on.
I love Bulgari, i have their blue and i like it...although there are other scents i am trying out right now..Chance by Chanel and Exceptional Because You Are (what a fricking long name) but a light cologne...

there is always my standby Escape...or Halston Couture, which they no longer make...bastiches...

Medical advisor to the Mayor of Fatopia :)
SocialbFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 07:29 AM   #54
ThatFatGirl
Why am I still here?

ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I've been wearing Lolita Lempicka's signature perfume as of late. It's dark and sweet and smells of anise and violets (and some other stuff, but I forget). I love it, but it's so strong that I try to only use a spritz or two.

Fleeting Fancies
ThatFatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 07:04 PM   #55
Falcon
Head Blade user

Falcon has super-sized repFalcon has super-sized repFalcon has super-sized repFalcon has super-sized repFalcon has super-sized rep

Well, this obviously is a personal thing but I smell like me. I don't wear any scent of any kind -- aftershave, cologne -- and I make it a point to use fragrance-free lotions and skin treatments whenever possible. I haven't worn anything scented for years and years.

I think a man should smell like a man. He should shower every day and after every workout but he should always smell like a man. I also feel it is the woman who should have the spotlight when it come to wearing fragrances. When we are together I don't want to compete with her, don't want to get into "dueling fragrances" when out for the evening.

Plus, most guys don't have a clue how to wear a scent. I hate it when I shake hands with a guy and have his aftershave on me for the next two hours.

Last edited by Falcon; 11-29-2009 at 07:05 PM. Reason: correct spelling error
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 07:45 PM   #56
KatsPyjamas
well gosh

KatsPyjamas can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesKatsPyjamas can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I smell like SEX PANTHER
KatsPyjamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 04:31 PM   #57
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatsPyjamas View Post
I smell like SEX PANTHER
Is that kinna like erotic vulture?
Old 12-06-2009, 04:44 PM   #58
Teleute
Heh heh. "Member".

Teleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
I smell like SEX PANTHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergirl View Post
Is that kinna like erotic vulture?
Teleute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 04:45 PM   #59
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleute View Post

Its a pixies lyric.
I have never heard of 'sex panther'... i thought it was made up!! lmao

Last edited by mergirl; 12-06-2009 at 04:48 PM. Reason: added to explain my madness!!
mergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 04:52 PM   #60
bexy
is red again <3

bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!

Agent Provocateur is my signature scent. I have wore it since it first came out many years ago. George doesn't wear aftershave, and sometimes not even deodourant lol, but he just smells like him. It's lovely.

With loves, and hates, and passions just like mine.
bexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 07:00 PM   #61
Frankie
No longer a member

Frankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantisAK View Post
I used to wear men's cologne and such when I was younger, but in the city, that doesnt exactly work well, lol.
Sure it does. I prefer men's colognes to women's. Lately I've been wearing CO Bigelow Blue Elixir and Red Elixir from Bath & Body Works. I love how they smell. Not sure how the boyfriend feels about it, heh. If I want to smell less manly, I wear Dancing Waters, Cool Citrus Basil, Sea Island Cotton, or Freshwater Cucumber body sprays from B&BW. Once in a blue moon I like the girly Freesia spray.

When I wore women's colognes, I wore Amarige by Givenchy, Perry Ellis 360, and Coolwater for women. Perfumes like Chanel No. 5 and Shalimar give me a headache.
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 08:54 PM   #62
KatsPyjamas
well gosh

KatsPyjamas can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesKatsPyjamas can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

mergirl, it's from Anchorman - I wouldn't have guessed the Pixies lyric!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleute View Post
60% of the time, it works EVERY TIME

My actual scent is whatever I naturally smell like, and whatever I use to clean myself. And a deodorant that isn't too strong. Some perfumes and aftershaves smell nice for just a sniff, but anything that strong for a prolonged time makes me feel sick. Which is handy as I'm cheap & lazy anyway.

Frankie I love the smell of Amarige! I actually have some. For sniffing not wearing (I attempted to but it's just not gonna work).

Last edited by KatsPyjamas; 12-06-2009 at 08:59 PM. Reason: I'm a nob
KatsPyjamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:56 AM   #63
mergirl

Quote:
mergirl, it's from Anchorman - I wouldn't have guessed the Pixies lyric!

Ahh i loved that film.. cant remember that..
I think its from the song 'bone machine' but i was just being silly.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:17 PM   #64
activistfatgirl
donuts at the finish line

activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I really, really detest over perfuming. Subtly is an art.

I also dig the green tea perfume from Elizabeth Arden. I like sandalwood oil and other, earthy, raw scents. I trend away from the girly, floral and more towards spicy.

However, I recently got my first real perfume - the black one from the Baby Phat line. It's spicy and smoky and if not overdone, makes me quite pleased.

I personally think my body odor is just fine. Expect for those extra juicy days down under. What can I say? I'm a moist girl. What?
Old 12-14-2009, 09:25 AM   #65
tankgirl
Phreakoid.

tankgirl can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokestankgirl can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by vardon_grip View Post
I smell like Chuck Norris, Elvis and 2 of the Three Stooges.
Oh, god, yes. I do too. Well, after a long day at the shop, and then after working out, right when I wake up.... Kinda. See, I hate day or night showers, I'm a morning shower kind of person. Besides, my day is over at 1900; that's time for dinner chased by a beer or two, usually with a movie, and muck about till 2130 or so, and bed.
There's the Tressemme (or however the hell that's spelled) shampoo and condit smell....
Used to have some Nag Champa soap but I used it and it was gone. So these days it's Sugar Tone (or Glow, sugar sommat, any rate.... funny kawasaki green and toxic canary yellow wrapper on a clear bottle) body wash...
And whatever grease and gas and burnt oil smells stick to my shop clothes.
And, suddenly reminded of the rabies car*, the other smells that come home from the shop.
Unlike most females, I guess, I also sweat copiously, and use men's Degree deoderant ("reacts to adrenaline", almost true), the extreme blast scent. Smells kind of like clean laundry. Depsite my best efforts, I still smell rather ....umm... Productive. Busy. Heh.
I use Tide regular concentrated liquid. Bounce regular fabric softener.
Plus tobacco smoke, occasional whiffs of pot smoke, sometimes beer, and I have two cats and a dog. Some people say pets are noticeable.
And leather, because I have an awesome 60" leather trenchcoat (or overcoat, if you want to be picky). No, not a duster, I know. It's still a 60" leather coat that only cost me $110. Hah hah hah!
That's how I smell.

*Rabies car: Had this car in, smelled like you'd get rabies or whatever that is that mouse turds carry.... or maybe that was ferret turd in there... All over the engine, all over the inside, a blanket in the back with a nasty reddish-brownish sorta stain and more turds on it, food remains and food wrappers everywhere, more turd just about everywhere.... bug nests in the hubcaps, bugs that crawled out and invaded the shop, spider cocoons, other cocoons other places, just flat fuckin NASTY.... NO ONE in the shop wanted to drive it around... one guy took to calling it "the rabies car".... It was enough to make anyone gag. It'd make a gargoyle take flight from a building. I'd say it'd stun a moose but a moose wouldn't be dumb enough to get that close.
Since *I* was the one that had to work on the key ignition and the steering column in the damn thing- requires sitting in it- I took to it with a whole can of Lavendar Air Neutralizer, another whole can of Wild Flowers air neutralizer, three "new car" air fresheners, and another whole can of Renuzit Wild Flowers I found sitting around. I also vacuumed as best I could where I had to work- I'm not getting sick off that nasty.
It was tolerable after that (in the front seats only, I didn't have enough smellgoods to do the whole car), but the lady who owned it bitched up a storm that her car didn't smell like flowers when it got here..... wish I could have heard the service writer's explanation, but I was working on a Prius by then....
Patience is a virtue. Don't panic. There are a great many fish in the sea. Bring your own condoms. Always remember where your towel is. Wear sunscreen. Use soap. Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken. Carpe diem. Carpe noctem.
And if required, carpe jugulum.
tankgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 06:41 PM   #66
GoldenDelicious
It's the naughty step 4U!

GoldenDelicious makes people happy simply by logging inGoldenDelicious makes people happy simply by logging inGoldenDelicious makes people happy simply by logging inGoldenDelicious makes people happy simply by logging inGoldenDelicious makes people happy simply by logging inGoldenDelicious makes people happy simply by logging inGoldenDelicious makes people happy simply by logging inGoldenDelicious makes people happy simply by logging inGoldenDelicious makes people happy simply by logging inGoldenDelicious makes people happy simply by logging in

We both wear the mens aftershave instead of perfume. I wear Armani mania for men and Mer wears Attitude for men, although personality wise I'd say she is the manic one and I have the attitude, lol xx

Quote:
Really strong sweet smelling perfumes make me feel ill.. gah. I was walking behind a woman in the shops yesterday who had splashed a whole flowerfield in a bottle on herself and by the time i got to the checkout my head was swimming...
I wear Armani attitude though not all the time but not just when i am going out either.. just when i fancy complimenting the usual raw animalistic pheremonal delights that eminate from me..
I wear the smell that GD likes (obviously i like it too) because she is the one who spends the most time sniffing me... and GD wears the scent that she likes (i love it too) because she is the Boss. Oh she wears Armani mania- cause we are a couple of brand name wankers... well not really..we just really like the smell of those man perfumes (What do you call man perfumes again?? I forget..)
GoldenDelicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 07:22 PM   #67
Saoirse

Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!

my goofy co-worker keeps saying that this girl we work with smells like his new car. Not "New Car"smell...more like "Cleaned by the Previous Owner" smell.

Apparently she doesn't reek of detailing.
Saoirse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 04:20 AM   #68
mergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenDelicious View Post
We both wear the mens aftershave instead of perfume. I wear Armani mania for men and Mer wears Attitude for men, although personality wise I'd say she is the manic one and I have the attitude, lol xx
I said they were man perfumes..maniac!
Old 12-17-2009, 08:41 AM   #69
Weeze
Justin Bieber of Dims

Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

At our outlet we're having a buy-so-much-of-this-and-get-this promo, and obviously Bath and Body works is at the top of my christmas shopping list anyway so after finishing getting mom/sister/cousins stuff, I got a bottle of Black Amethyst EDT.

I'm in love.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:38 PM   #70
vermillion
est. 1983

vermillion makes people happy simply by logging invermillion makes people happy simply by logging invermillion makes people happy simply by logging invermillion makes people happy simply by logging invermillion makes people happy simply by logging invermillion makes people happy simply by logging invermillion makes people happy simply by logging invermillion makes people happy simply by logging invermillion makes people happy simply by logging in

I have tons of perfumes and body washes. I wear cotton candy from Body Fantasy (walmart...hehe) a lot because I love smelling like a carnival. For special occasions I have Dulce and Gabanna "Light Blue"
I just recently ran out of Slatkin Persian Lime and Mimosa body wash, which is my FAVVVVVVVV but it's like 30 dollars a bottle...
My hair smells like...aussie
vermillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 12:06 PM   #71
Mishty
aluminum petunia

Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by butch View Post
So, anyone with me on adoring Mishty's new avatar pic? It is fabulous!
Quote:
Mishty is fabulous full stop (period)- Her avitar is testiment to this fact!!
Thanks girls.....
Well I ain't really falling asleep; I'm fading to black.
Mishty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 01:04 PM   #72
sweet&fat
My aim is true.

sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

at the moment, Coco Mademoiselle and coffee. not sure it's the best combination!
sweet&fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 02:36 AM   #73
littlefairywren
Chi Chi

littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!

I love perfume! My four top picks would be Opium (Yves St Laurent), Coco (Chanel), or Amorito and Vanilla EDT from the Bodyshop. But the Amorito has been discontinued which I miss.....it smelt like chocolate, so I felt quiet tasty
Old 12-21-2009, 07:23 AM   #74
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet&fat View Post
at the moment, Coco Mademoiselle and coffee. not sure it's the best combination!
I don't know....is there anytime where coffee isn't a good smell?
Old 12-21-2009, 08:01 AM   #75
wicked_pear

wicked_pear has said some nice things

I've tried to stick with a jasmine scent, I know old lady, It used to be real common, tho now I'm starting to like enchanted orchid from Bath & Body works as a replacement.