Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 11-16-2009, 01:08 AM   #1
Tania
Disneyland Bobsled Team

Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Not-Quite New Year's Resolutions, BBW Edition...

It's a little early to really be thinking about New Year's resolutions, but I've been giving some thought to modest goals - old and new - that can be achieved before the end of 2009.

Here's mine: Get a nice date for New Year's Eve. The only NYE dates I've ever experienced were with my husband, and they kinda sucked. Further, 2009 has sucked total monkey butt. I think I deserve better than I got this year. I'd like to salvage what I can before it's too late.

~ The Cure

"She will never submit to any thing requiring industry and patience, and a subjection of the fancy to the understanding."
~ Mr. Knightley on Emma, Jane Austen's Emma
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 02:11 PM   #2
Tania
Disneyland Bobsled Team

Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Still no luck.

*crickets*

(CMON YOU GUYS :P )

~ The Cure

"She will never submit to any thing requiring industry and patience, and a subjection of the fancy to the understanding."
Old 11-21-2009, 02:40 PM   #3
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Not a BBW, but I can't stand to leave you hanging, Tania.

Before NYE, I really need to get serious about finishing up my PhD.
Old 11-21-2009, 02:48 PM   #4
Tania
Disneyland Bobsled Team

Haha I love you. :*

YAY that is a great goal.

~ The Cure

Old 11-21-2009, 02:59 PM   #5
mszwebs
For The WIN.

mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!

OOF! Tania, I didn't even see this thread.

I resolve to have a birthday party.

I have not had a birthday party in a very long time, and I've never had a surprise one...but since I'm planning it, I may have to save that for next year lol.

It would be awesome if some of my friends from here could come, but that's mostly impossible... though I am going to invite them anyway...and we're cuttin it close because we're talking end of January/beginning of February, so I should probably get on this haha.

I think I convinced FatgirlFlyin to come celebrate with me though, because her birthday is like a week later, which is awesome. And ColdComfort is supposed to come, but she may have a new job, which might throw a wrench in that as she would be movin basically cross country.

She can owe me one lol. But no matter.

I resolve to have a birthday party and celebrate with the people I love
BellaZwebs- EXTRA HOT :batting:;):batting:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdog
...what I really mean to say is life is heart wrenchingly beautiful, unresolved, and right now...
Quote:
"That's who they're saving the country from. Me. Fat Me. I'm a terrorist and how I terrorize is by sitting next to you on a plane and throwing my flab to your knee, or some such shit"~ Kevin Smith

Last edited by mszwebs; 11-21-2009 at 03:04 PM.
mszwebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 03:06 PM   #6
Tania
Disneyland Bobsled Team

THAT IS A WONDERFUL IDEA. Can I come?

I planned a little bday party for myself in June - Kayrae and WindomEarle and a few other friends came. We had a lovely evening.

~ The Cure

Old 11-21-2009, 03:46 PM   #7
Cors
Delurking

Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!

I didn't see this thread either.

It is never too late, my dear. I must say that I am intimidated by the idea of finding a date for the holidays. It just seems too contrived and stressful, especially when you are surrounded by other happy established couples. Also, the holiday single blues make some people more irrational than normal and they become even more in love with being in love, only to lose interest in the other person after the celebrations are over or get heartbroken after realising that they were just someone's holiday fling... scary! I do hope you meet someone who can keep you warm and happy though, hopefully for many holidays to come.

My resolution is to start giving myself more love and learn better ways of cheering myself up besides the usual cooking, eating, shopping, manic exercising and sex. I sometimes care too much about the people I love at my own expense and I often end up feeling sad, angry and even guilty about it. I am also sick of working so hard to maintain a higher weight just because my partner and most other people around me find it more aesthetically acceptable. It takes so much joy out of eating, ugh - I just want to enjoy food again.

Last edited by Cors; 11-21-2009 at 03:51 PM.
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 04:17 PM   #8
Tania
Disneyland Bobsled Team

*hugs* Thank you Gracie.

I feel you on the whole "balanced approach to size and eating" thing. You look great at your normal size and you look great now, though, FWIW. :*

~ The Cure

Old 11-21-2009, 04:18 PM   #9
mszwebs
For The WIN.

mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tania View Post
THAT IS A WONDERFUL IDEA. Can I come?
Oh! Yes, please do!! Please .
Quote:
...what I really mean to say is life is heart wrenchingly beautiful, unresolved, and right now...
Quote:
"That's who they're saving the country from. Me. Fat Me. I'm a terrorist and how I terrorize is by sitting next to you on a plane and throwing my flab to your knee, or some such shit"~ Kevin Smith
Old 11-21-2009, 04:31 PM   #10
littlefairywren
Chi Chi

littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!

Sorry hun, just spotted this thread too....

I resolve to stop getting myself into pickles, and stop being an arse magnet.

I also resolve to becoming braver, and stepping out of my comfort zone a lot more!

One more, I resolve to convincing myself I do like Christmas and New Years even if I am alone
Old 11-21-2009, 05:00 PM   #11
Tania
Disneyland Bobsled Team

Jess, I would LOVE to come if I can logistically manage it. :*

Wren, I know that you will have lovely holidays even if you are alone. I do totally get how nice it really can be when you can share it with other special people, though (ergo the thread, tee hee!). :*

~ The Cure

Old 11-21-2009, 07:26 PM   #12
Frankie
No longer a member

Frankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Here's a boring one: I'd like to get my apartment clean and organized at least a week before Christmas. I have such a hard time throwing things out - which, in my OCD addled brain, ties in to my issue of having a hard time letting go and moving on. At the same time I don't want to let go of things in the past, I want to run away from myself and my life and reinvent myself as a completely different person. I'm torn between the past and the future. Anyhow, I think I could make a start with all of that by cleaning up and preparing for a new life. It might be more symbolic than anything else, but the chaos around me makes my brain noisy!

Ok, maybe that wasn't so boring after all!
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 07:40 PM   #13
Tania
Disneyland Bobsled Team

Not boring AT ALL. Timely, and totally relatable.

~ The Cure

Old 11-23-2009, 07:47 PM   #14
LovelyLiz

LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!

Achievable short-term goals. I am so all about that right now!

I'd like to make Christmas presents for my friends again this year. It's a little tougher this year, because the school term ends 12/11, then I need to write a syllabus for the very first course I'm going to be teaching that is due the following week...but I really do want to make Christmas presents! Last year it was potholders. This year, I'm thinking watercolor bookmarks with a beaded ribbon at the top.

That's the goal, anyway.
LovelyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 10:52 AM   #15
fatgirlflyin
needs a vacation

fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!

I shall be there lady! We need to get to planning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mszwebs View Post
OOF! Tania, I didn't even see this thread.

I resolve to have a birthday party.

I have not had a birthday party in a very long time, and I've never had a surprise one...but since I'm planning it, I may have to save that for next year lol.

It would be awesome if some of my friends from here could come, but that's mostly impossible... though I am going to invite them anyway...and we're cuttin it close because we're talking end of January/beginning of February, so I should probably get on this haha.

I think I convinced FatgirlFlyin to come celebrate with me though, because her birthday is like a week later, which is awesome. And ColdComfort is supposed to come, but she may have a new job, which might throw a wrench in that as she would be movin basically cross country.

She can owe me one lol. But no matter.

I resolve to have a birthday party and celebrate with the people I love
Old 11-24-2009, 10:54 AM   #16
fatgirlflyin
needs a vacation

fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
It's a little early to really be thinking about New Year's resolutions, but I've been giving some thought to modest goals - old and new - that can be achieved before the end of 2009.

Here's mine: Get a nice date for New Year's Eve. The only NYE dates I've ever experienced were with my husband, and they kinda sucked. Further, 2009 has sucked total monkey butt. I think I deserve better than I got this year. I'd like to salvage what I can before it's too late.
I like this thread. I have had the same goal for the last few years and have felt like such a loser for not having accomplished it, but this yeah I did. I have gone back to school to get my degree. Its online, but its school and I'm working my way towards my degree!

So now I guess I need to set some new goals.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:35 AM   #17
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatgirlflyin View Post
I like this thread. I have had the same goal for the last few years and have felt like such a loser for not having accomplished it, but this yeah I did. I have gone back to school to get my degree. Its online, but its school and I'm working my way towards my degree!

So now I guess I need to set some new goals.
Woo hoo..Congrats
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 09:30 PM   #18
rainyday
Departed

rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.

High fives Frankie

Last edited by rainyday; 11-24-2009 at 09:41 PM.
rainyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 08:25 PM   #19
Tania
Disneyland Bobsled Team

Good for you, FGF.

And WoC, I feel you. I'm trying to figure out a worthwhile, practical, homemade gift that won't take years to finish or cost me a bundle. I'm leaning toward cookies as original artwork (my other idea) is more time-consuming and has the potential to junk up people's lives/become landfill.

~ The Cure

Old 11-27-2009, 10:18 PM   #20
Inhibited

Inhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging in

New years is my fav time of the year can't wait ...

I want to get my finances in order and start saving, i have no idea how I'm going to do it, i heard about a percentage rule where you save a percentage of your pay, another percentage goes on bills and the other percentage goes for entertainment etc...

To get strong enough to do push ups

and I want to get my license .......
Inhibited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 12:31 PM   #21
mszwebs
For The WIN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inhibited View Post
New years is my fav time of the year can't wait ...

I want to get my finances in order and start saving, i have no idea how I'm going to do it, i heard about a percentage rule where you save a percentage of your pay, another percentage goes on bills and the other percentage goes for entertainment etc...

To get strong enough to do push ups

and I want to get my license .......

^^^THIS!!^^^ I want to do that too. It's time.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-30-2009, 05:34 PM   #22
goofy girl
took a sharp left turn

goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!

I need to get my butt in gear and start tossing away my clutter and crap for when we move into our new house (once it's bought and signed for of course lol)

I also want to take time everyday- or as often as possible- for myself. Quiet time to meditate and work on my spiritual self. Now whenever I say I'm going to do that the TV ends up being on 47 seconds later.

My fun goal is to learn to walk in sexy shoes
Old 12-01-2009, 05:17 AM   #23
Tau
IXAMXDECADENCE

Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Find a new job, one that doesn't make me suicidal, even if it pays less than half of what I'm currently earning.
Secure at least three regular/retainer clients for my photo studio
Start yoga and Spanish dance lessons
Start French lessons
Save more
Old 12-01-2009, 10:51 AM   #24
MizzSnakeBite
Taking a Break From Here

MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Still no luck.

*crickets*

(CMON YOU GUYS :P )
Didn't see this thread...........well, pretty boring stuff..........
1) Power wash the bird cages
2) Make some more wood toys for Isis and Kumquat
3) Toss out all the unneeded paperwork and unused crap
4) Pack this f-ing place up
5) Go through shed 1 and clean it out and pack up what's left
6) Go through shed 2 (my bird toy making workshop), get it cleaned up and packed

omg.........kill me now lol

"Hope is a thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune without words, and never stops at all."
Emily Dickinson
MizzSnakeBite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 11:42 AM   #25
kayrae
doot doot doot

kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!

Since my unemployment I've been focusing on one goal at a time, so that I don't stress out. This way I won't break out into hives, which ends up happening to me during high-stress situations. MY next goal is merely to clean my room, by de-junking it from crap.... and omg, I've found some really old stuff that I don't even use/wear anymore.
kayrae is offline   Reply With Quote