Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 12-01-2009, 12:11 PM   #26
BeautifulPoeticDisaster

BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!

This is a tough question. My resolutions are all the typical blah blah ones that no one ever keeps but it is obligatory to resolve to them anyhow.

But my REAL goals are:

to become more organised. I bought a planner just for the cause. I have a lot of appointments and I'm a scatter brain....not a good combo. In Nov I forgot 2 pretty important appointments...and it forced me to realise I need to be more organised.

get through my operation alive. simple, yet I don't have much control over it.

try to be more positive.

Those are my goals to make 2010 my year! Bring it on!!
BeautifulPoeticDisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:35 PM   #27
Tania
Disneyland Bobsled Team

Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Update on my non-New Year's resolution:

I have a date for NYE, but it's not with a boy. A girlfriend of mine could really use the companionship and support this year, so I asked her to be my date instead.

Not sure what we'll do, as both our Disneyland APs have run out, castmember sign-ins are blocked on NYE, and we're both kinda broke, but hey - we've both got a shit-ton of hot clothes and there's always lots of action in OC/LA.

~ The Cure

"She will never submit to any thing requiring industry and patience, and a subjection of the fancy to the understanding."
~ Mr. Knightley on Emma, Jane Austen's Emma
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 07:43 AM   #28
Ruffie

Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!

For me want to try to exercise more. Been so busy and tired I have not been making time for that. And of course continue renovating the house as that will be an ongoing project as time and fiances allow.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:02 PM   #29
luscious_lulu
Boobzilla

luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I've had a bit of a wake up call...

I need to take better care of myself. Spirt, Mind and Body.

I want to embrace my creative side and experiment with things.
luscious_lulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 06:49 PM   #30
sweet&fat
My aim is true.

sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I think I need to be better at drawing boundaries. There are too many times that I do not speak up. Last year's motto was "draw the line in 2009" but I think now it has to be "draw it again in 2010 (and make it stick!)."
sweet&fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 07:09 PM   #31
LovelyLiz

LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet&fat View Post
I think I need to be better at drawing boundaries. There are too many times that I do not speak up. Last year's motto was "draw the line in 2009" but I think now it has to be "draw it again in 2010 (and make it stick!)."
Awesome! I love the rhyming resolutions... My friend and I spent hours last year coming up with all kinds of ridiculous rhymes for various new year's resolutions.

Best of luck with the boundaries. Such a hard but important thing. Cheers.
LovelyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 11:27 PM   #32
sweet&fat
My aim is true.

sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by womanforconversation View Post
Awesome! I love the rhyming resolutions... My friend and I spent hours last year coming up with all kinds of ridiculous rhymes for various new year's resolutions.

Best of luck with the boundaries. Such a hard but important thing. Cheers.
Thanks- it really is. I think not setting firm boundaries stems from how I used to act when I believed I was inferior because I was fat (a belief I had my entire life up until the past 8-10 years or so). It's so hard for me to do somehow. I really need to learn how to identify/get rid of toxic people much faster and more definitively, no matter how it affects them.
sweet&fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 11:32 PM   #33
mszwebs
For The WIN.

mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Thanks- it really is. I think not setting firm boundaries stems from how I used to act when I believed I was inferior because I was fat (a belief I had my entire life up until the past 8-10 years or so). It's so hard for me to do somehow. I really need to learn how to identify/get rid of toxic people much faster and more definitively, no matter how it affects them.
A-MEN, Girl. Amen.
BellaZwebs- EXTRA HOT :batting:;):batting:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdog
...what I really mean to say is life is heart wrenchingly beautiful, unresolved, and right now...
Quote:
"That's who they're saving the country from. Me. Fat Me. I'm a terrorist and how I terrorize is by sitting next to you on a plane and throwing my flab to your knee, or some such shit"~ Kevin Smith
mszwebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 04:01 AM   #34
aussieamazonwoman

aussieamazonwoman can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesaussieamazonwoman can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Great thread....

My ideas for new years resolutions (which still need to become ingrained in my consciousness for me to really decide to do) are:

1) To reduce stress in my life - I get really busy and obsessed with work and worried about my beautiful but slightly eccentric older mother and neglect finding space to stop and relax.
2) To kiss less frogs and encourage more princes in my life - I'm a shocker, if a man is wearing an invisible sign which says "I am dangerously intense and dynamic and way too sexy which means I can get away with just about anything" then I tend to get a little sidetracked....
3) To change my lifestyle somewhat - see more live music, play more music, hell just play more
4) To move my body more, I love swimming but rarely do it these days.
aussieamazonwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 06:11 AM   #35
MizzSnakeBite
Taking a Break From Here

MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
I have a really hard time with boundaries and once I get them up, not let the person back in because of how it's effecting them. Such a hard one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussieamazonwoman View Post
Great thread....

My ideas for new years resolutions (which still need to become ingrained in my consciousness for me to really decide to do) are:

1) To reduce stress in my life - I get really busy and obsessed with work and worried about my beautiful but slightly eccentric older mother and neglect finding space to stop and relax.
2) To kiss less frogs and encourage more princes in my life - I'm a shocker, if a man is wearing an invisible sign which says "I am dangerously intense and dynamic and way too sexy which means I can get away with just about anything" then I tend to get a little sidetracked....
3) To change my lifestyle somewhat - see more live music, play more music, hell just play more
4) To move my body more, I love swimming but rarely do it these days.
May I take your list? lol

My mom's issues have taken over my life and I'm trying to take it back . She doesn't seem to realize I need to take care of myself first. She's a grown woman, yes, she has some medical problems, but does she really want me to put my entire life on hold for her for an unspecified amount of time? I kinda think she does by her actions and words. In a roundabout way she's said that since we're family, I have to give up pretty much everything to take care of her and help her out (she's drained me financially). Wish I could go into the witness protection program to hide from her. lol

Anyway, very good list! Doesn't it seem sad that we have to put, "have more fun" on our New Year's resolution lists?!?

"Hope is a thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune without words, and never stops at all."
Emily Dickinson
MizzSnakeBite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 06:31 AM   #36
aussieamazonwoman

aussieamazonwoman can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesaussieamazonwoman can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Hey MizzSnakeBite,

I get the mother thing, intensely. I love my Mum to bits, however, she moved out of sydney (where her kids live), is 80, worries us all endlessly and is rather eccentric (artist, does what she like all the time, judgemental but "only" because she loves me). It is draining and a great source of guilt - our whole relationship. I am so not in a position where I can quit work (either financially or for my sanity and future) and go "look after" her. She gets around all right now, but I worry constantly about her and things. Drives me NUTS.

And yes, you are right, it's a little sad we need to list "fun' and "play". HUGS
aussieamazonwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 06:34 AM   #37
littlefairywren
Chi Chi

littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
My mom's issues have taken over my life and I'm trying to take it back . She doesn't seem to realize I need to take care of myself first. She's a grown woman, yes, she has some medical problems, but does she really want me to put my entire life on hold for her for an unspecified amount of time? I kinda think she does by her actions and words. In a roundabout way she's said that since we're family, I have to give up pretty much everything to take care of her and help her out (she's drained me financially). Wish I could go into the witness protection program to hide from her. lol
Hugs ((((Mizz))))
Your mother and mine sound like a matching pair. I will join you when you go into witness protection......sounds like a plan
Old 12-08-2009, 06:37 AM   #38
littlefairywren
Chi Chi

littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussieamazonwoman View Post
Hey MizzSnakeBite,

I get the mother thing, intensely. I love my Mum to bits, however, she moved out of sydney (where her kids live), is 80, worries us all endlessly and is rather eccentric (artist, does what she like all the time, judgemental but "only" because she loves me). It is draining and a great source of guilt - our whole relationship. I am so not in a position where I can quit work (either financially or for my sanity and future) and go "look after" her. She gets around all right now, but I worry constantly about her and things. Drives me NUTS.

And yes, you are right, it's a little sad we need to list "fun' and "play". HUGS
LOL, what is it with mothers and daughters.....an endless love hate relationship. I am going into a witness protection program with Mizz if she will have me.....come join
Old 12-08-2009, 06:45 AM   #39
MizzSnakeBite
Taking a Break From Here

MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulPoeticDisaster View Post
This is a tough question. My resolutions are all the typical blah blah ones that no one ever keeps but it is obligatory to resolve to them anyhow.

But my REAL goals are:

to become more organised. I bought a planner just for the cause. I have a lot of appointments and I'm a scatter brain....not a good combo. In Nov I forgot 2 pretty important appointments...and it forced me to realise I need to be more organised.

get through my operation alive. simple, yet I don't have much control over it.

try to be more positive.

Those are my goals to make 2010 my year! Bring it on!!
From experience, what I've read, and from what really organized people have told me, start small. One drawer, just under the bed, one cabinet. When you try to do an entire room, it becomes very overwhelming FAST and tends to make the person give up. Take baby steps, you have all year .

You WILL get through your operation. I've decreed it, so it will happen

Being more positive is hard, especially if you have chronic health problems. Try to be more silly on occasion; that can help put a smile on your face . Using smilies helps too hehehe

"Hope is a thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune without words, and never stops at all."
Emily Dickinson
Old 12-08-2009, 08:48 AM   #40
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

Continuing along with the theme I have been sticking to for the past few years, which has been "cleaning house". But not just in the obvious sense of decluttering, organizing, finding new homes for things I don't need or use anymore, as well as home improvement. Also, in the sense of cleaning house on a more personal level as far as getting rid of habits, relationships, behavior patterns, lifestyle choices, and ways of thinking that don't contribute to my life in a positive way.

Tracy
Old 12-08-2009, 08:54 AM   #41
BeautifulPoeticDisaster

BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzSnakeBite View Post
From experience, what I've read, and from what really organized people have told me, start small. One drawer, just under the bed, one cabinet. When you try to do an entire room, it becomes very overwhelming FAST and tends to make the person give up. Take baby steps, you have all year .

You WILL get through your operation. I've decreed it, so it will happen

Being more positive is hard, especially if you have chronic health problems. Try to be more silly on occasion; that can help put a smile on your face . Using smilies helps too hehehe

Ok I know I'm weird because I ENJOY organising a whole room at a time, lol. I usually do it when I'm manic as its the only time pain doesn't stop me. I am totally starting small. I bought a diary (a planner) to sort out my appointments cos I have a lot of them lately and I keep missing them!

YAY. I get to live I have a good feeling about it, but death scares the pants off me!

I am a very silly person. I used to be more-so before I got married. I'm starting to be more silly though....even if no one else laughs it can be like my inside joke with myself, lol.

Life rocks and I love it

omg seriously...smileys count as images?!?!?!?! I had to delete some of your smileys before I could post....sorry.
BeautifulPoeticDisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 08:40 AM   #42
Tooz
sweet chocolate christ

Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!

In years past, some of my resolutions have stuck. A few years back, I vowed to not take crap from anyone, and that has rung true. Feels good, too.

2009's resolutions did not stick as much as I would have liked...it was a tremendously difficult year.

So, re-do:

-Don't get so worked up about little things. Water under the bridge, self.
-MORE FRUIT AND VEGGIE PLS.

There you go.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:28 AM   #43
Tania
Disneyland Bobsled Team

Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

LOL. My un-new-year's-resolution thread has morphed. That's okay, as we're nearly halfway through December.

My real, actual NY resolutions?

- To move back to OC, back to Berkeley, or to San Francisco.
- Get more reliable employment and save more money.
- Try to be kinder to myself. I did a really good job of that this year until...I don't know, the last couple of months.
- Stop dating/sleeping with assholes.
- Reprioritize my websites: redesign what needs redesigning and pulling the stuff that's outlived its usefulness.
- Finish my reading list. John Adams and Grand Duchess Maria Pavlovna the Younger, I'm really, really, really sorry.
- Plan a trip to France, Italy, and/or Russia (see saving more money, above). Even if i don't GO in 2010, I'd at least like to make some firm projections.

~ The Cure

"She will never submit to any thing requiring industry and patience, and a subjection of the fancy to the understanding."
Old 12-09-2009, 09:02 PM   #44
MizzSnakeBite
Taking a Break From Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulPoeticDisaster View Post
O

YAY. I get to live I have a good feeling about it, but death scares the pants off me!
Yes, once I decree it, it happens

Yes, death scares the pants off of me too...........especially since they take your pants off when you die.

No worries about deleting my beloved smilies....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tania View Post
LOL. My un-new-year's-resolution thread has morphed. That's okay, as we're nearly halfway through December.

My real, actual NY resolutions?

- Plan a trip to France, Italy, and/or Russia (see saving more money, above). Even if i don't GO in 2010, I'd at least like to make some firm projections.
Note to self: Practice stretching every day so that I can fit in Tania's baggage.

P.S. My cousin lived in Russia for......probably over a year? He taught English. When Russia and Georgia starting having......spats...he headed off to Spain. Still there, next will be China I believe.

Emily Dickinson
Old 12-09-2009, 09:30 PM   #45
Tania
Disneyland Bobsled Team

That's awesome! I have a thing for Russian imperial history. MUST VISIT ST PETERSBURG.

~ The Cure

Old 12-10-2009, 06:13 AM   #46
rainyday
Departed

rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.

If you go, I'm sure you'll go to the Hermitage. lf you do, block out loads of time for it. I was there in 1989 and only had five hours (it was back when you had to be with an Intourist guide and we only had a certain amount of time). I walked away as they locked the doors for the night wishing so much I had at least two or three days. What an incredible place.

Last edited by rainyday; 12-10-2009 at 06:15 AM.
rainyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:18 AM   #47
LovelyLiz

LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainyday View Post
If you go, I'm sure you'll go to the Hermitage. lf you do, block out loads of time for it. I was there in 1989 and only had five hours (it was back when you had to be with an Intourist guide and we only had a certain amount of time). I walked away as they locked the doors for the night wishing so much I had at least two or three days. What an incredible place.
Sweet! I'm not really a super travelling fanatic or anything -- but going to St. Petersburg and visiting the Hermitage is on my short list. I was in Moscow in the mid-90s and minored in Russian lit in college. Good stuff.

Also on the short list: India, South America, and New York City.
LovelyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 05:28 PM   #48
Tania
Disneyland Bobsled Team

Definitely the Hermitage. But even more I want to visit Tsarskoye Selo (Pushkin) and Peterhof. If I can swing it, it would also be nice to visit Ukraine - I want to go to Yalta for new Livadia Palace (Romanov connection PLUS FDR/Churchill ties too)...

~ The Cure

Old 12-10-2009, 08:35 PM   #49
rainyday
Departed

rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbeth View Post
Sweet! I'm not really a super travelling fanatic or anything -- but going to St. Petersburg and visiting the Hermitage is on my short list. I was in Moscow in the mid-90s and minored in Russian lit in college. Good stuff.

Also on the short list: India, South America, and New York City.
Very cool. Russian lit sounds meaty! I would love to go back to both places, though St. Petersburg especially. It was lovely and not as modern and concrete and boxy as Moscow. And the Winter Palace that houses the Hermitage was just--wow. I was working in London at the time and castled out from visiting other sites and was still bowled over. I was there in October and it was just crisp and cold enough to make it easy to feel the ambiance of what historic winters might have felt like but without bitter cold or snow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tania View Post
Definitely the Hermitage. But even more I want to visit Tsarskoye Selo (Pushkin) and Peterhof. If I can swing it, it would also be nice to visit Ukraine - I want to go to Yalta for new Livadia Palace (Romanov connection PLUS FDR/Churchill ties too)...
I'd love to see Peterhof and the gardens and fountains. Are you a Churchill fan? Have you read Jennie?
rainyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 08:40 PM   #50
Frankie
No longer a member

Frankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Russia was never on my travel list, but you guys are starting to put it there.
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote