Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 12-30-2015, 01:56 AM   #8976
swamptoad

swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!

The Gumbo was a big pot consisting of a delicious flavorful family recipe that my Mom taught me ...we used some of the turkey since we had leftovers its only optional .. we mostly just use chicken breasts with beef sausage every time we make it.

Turkey (white and dark meat)
Chicken Breasts (2 breasts) boiled
sliced beef smoked sausages (Hillshire Farms) smoked with green onions
Season Blend (diced onion, parsley, red peppers, green peppers)
diced celery
diced celery leaf
diced fresh parsley
a roux (equal parts vegetable oil and white flour)
2 Wylers low sodium chicken bouillon cubes
several dashes of cayenne pepper and black pepper

served over white rice and sprinkled with Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning

I've been making this recipe for years. Very tasty!

FYI: Its great if you are fighting off a cold, feels great on a sore throat. Nice to eat when the weather outside is yucky.
Old 12-30-2015, 02:59 AM   #8977
Orchid

Orchid carries a lot of weight on this boardOrchid carries a lot of weight on this boardOrchid carries a lot of weight on this boardOrchid carries a lot of weight on this boardOrchid carries a lot of weight on this boardOrchid carries a lot of weight on this board

Roasted chicken
Peas & carrots
Steamed rice
Baked apples.
Orchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 04:18 PM   #8978
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Toasted cheese and tomato sandwiches
Choice of Clam Chowder or Chicken Noodle soup

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 04:28 PM   #8979
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post
Toasted cheese and tomato sandwiches
Choice of Clam Chowder or Chicken Noodle soup
Oooh I love toasted cheese with tomato slices, and black pepper
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 06:22 PM   #8980
Kristal

Kristal makes people happy simply by logging inKristal makes people happy simply by logging inKristal makes people happy simply by logging inKristal makes people happy simply by logging inKristal makes people happy simply by logging inKristal makes people happy simply by logging inKristal makes people happy simply by logging inKristal makes people happy simply by logging inKristal makes people happy simply by logging inKristal makes people happy simply by logging in

Hamburgers and home made fries
Kristal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 03:30 PM   #8981
swamptoad

swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!

corn dogs!
Old 12-31-2015, 05:49 PM   #8982
Rojodi

Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!

Chicken Lo Mein
Chicken Fried Rice
Vegetable Fried Rice
Sweet and Sour Chicken, with extra sauce
Chicken and Snow Peas
Beef in garlic sauce, with extra sauce
Spring rolls
Egg rolls
Steamed Veggies
Old 01-01-2016, 09:41 AM   #8983
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Ripples View Post
Oooh I love toasted cheese with tomato slices, and black pepper
I added salt and black pepper!

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
Old 01-01-2016, 02:41 PM   #8984
happily_married
Happy to be part of Dims!

happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I am smoking a pork shoulder today. Carolina style: vinegar, brown sugar, jalapenos, onions, crushed red pepper, and sea salt. Smoked over apple.

Last night I grilled filet mignon. I put a little soy and worcestershire sauce to marinade, and wrap bacon around the outside. I put a little garlic powder on it when I throw it on the grill. Last night I used some bourbon barrel char to get that wood fire grill taste I love so much, and poured on blue cheese crumbles once I pulled them from the grill.
happily_married is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 06:30 PM   #8985
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by happily_married View Post
I am smoking a pork shoulder today. Carolina style: vinegar, brown sugar, jalapenos, onions, crushed red pepper, and sea salt. Smoked over apple.

Last night I grilled filet mignon. I put a little soy and worcestershire sauce to marinade, and wrap bacon around the outside. I put a little garlic powder on it when I throw it on the grill. Last night I used some bourbon barrel char to get that wood fire grill taste I love so much, and poured on blue cheese crumbles once I pulled them from the grill.
You had me at, "I am smoking ..."!

I'm making salt and pepper ribs, au gratin potatoes with caramelized fennel and leek, and broccoli.
Old 01-01-2016, 07:38 PM   #8986
happily_married
Happy to be part of Dims!

happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by one2one View Post
You had me at, "I am smoking ..."!

I'm making salt and pepper ribs, au gratin potatoes with caramelized fennel and leek, and broccoli.
I just finished shredding it. Just fell apart! Usually on the day I smoke it we don't actually eat it because it takes too long to smoke something AND have it for a meal that same day. We'll have some tomorrow night and I'll probably bring a little to work on Monday for the gang.

Salt and pepper ribs...I'm intrigued. How do you prepare them?
happily_married is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 08:21 PM   #8987
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by happily_married View Post
I just finished shredding it. Just fell apart! Usually on the day I smoke it we don't actually eat it because it takes too long to smoke something AND have it for a meal that same day. We'll have some tomorrow night and I'll probably bring a little to work on Monday for the gang.

Salt and pepper ribs...I'm intrigued. How do you prepare them?
It sounds amazing!

S & P ribs are probably the easiest thing you could make. My family used to make them, and it's one of those things we all learned how to do about the same time we learned how to scramble an egg.

Preheat the oven to 300 degrees* Fahrenheit. Place baby back (pork) ribs, meat side up, in a roasting pan, and generously season with salt and pepper (I use fresh cracked pepper and a sea salt and smoked paprika blend). Roast for an hour, flip over, season the bone side, and roast for another hour. Turn, season the meat side again, and roast for another hour. No bbq sauce**. They're good on their own, although these days I usually serve them with chimichurri sauce (from Bon Appetit, Dec 2002, or found on Epicurious.com).

You can put a metal skewer, wooden spoon or other heat safe thing under a corner of the pan so that all the fat that is rendered will collect in a corner and the meat gets dry roasted.

* 300 for three hours is the easy way to remember the instructions, and a safe way to make sure the internal temperature gets high enough. But you could actually lower the temperature and slow roast them for the same amount of time at 250 or 275, as long as you have a high quality, digital meat thermometer (like a thermapen) and can make sure they reach a safe temp. Ribs can be a little tricky to test (stand them up, and insert the thermometer parallel to, and in between, the bones). 225 also works if you're willing to devote a little more time.

** You could use bbq sauce if you feel like you can't have ribs without it. Just brush it on for the last 20-30 minutes of roasting.
Old 01-04-2016, 02:06 PM   #8988
Rojodi

Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!

Local market sent a recipe for "Same Skillet Pasta", like Hamburger Helper but with only a third of the sodium, and real cheese!
Old 01-05-2016, 07:52 PM   #8989
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Yesterday: Breaded boneless pork chops (baked), fettuccine noodles, corn and green beans mixed together

Tonight: Beef Pasta Hamburger Helper and French style green beans

Old 01-08-2016, 10:45 PM   #8990
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

Homemade chicken and wild rice soup with portabella mushrooms and a clementine.
Old 01-09-2016, 05:41 AM   #8991
Orchid

Orchid carries a lot of weight on this boardOrchid carries a lot of weight on this boardOrchid carries a lot of weight on this boardOrchid carries a lot of weight on this boardOrchid carries a lot of weight on this boardOrchid carries a lot of weight on this board

Spaghetti, basil/tomato sauce, mini beef meatballs, green salad. Baked apples.
Old 01-09-2016, 09:14 PM   #8992
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchid View Post
Spaghetti, basil/tomato sauce, mini beef meatballs, green salad. Baked apples.
Do you make those baked apples yourself? If so, how?

Old 01-10-2016, 01:42 AM   #8993
Orchid

Yes and it is fairly simples. I use medium sized apples, an ovenproof dish in which they fit together thightly. Per each apple I use light brown sugar (over here they sell dark brown and lighter color brown sugar) about 1 coffeespoon per apple and some real cinnamon powder not cassia. Mix those in a little bowl. Peel and bore the apples. Rinse the apples with water that way the sugar mix will adhere/ stick to the apples more.Any leftover put into the apple core.I do this whilst upright in the ovendish but you could sugarcoat them in a dish and then stand them in the baking dish. Add very little water so ovendish has a little moisture no more than 2 tbsp of water as the apples release water. Bake in oven approx 20 minutes at 200 C might be longer shorter depends on your oven. Apples are done when you see sort of bubbly crisp foamy coating melted sugar. These are then extremely hot. Remove carefully from oven using ovenmitts or a thick folded teakitchentowel. Wait a little and then eat warm and enjoy.
Older apples that have been around in your fruitbasket can also be used in this dish.
If you like eating peels of apples just quarter apples removes pips/seed bits,sprinkle little water and sugarcoat and bake in quarters that way baking time is slightly shorter.
Old 01-10-2016, 03:12 AM   #8994
Deannie

Deannie does more than just post hot picsDeannie does more than just post hot picsDeannie does more than just post hot pics

Chinese takeout. I have a terrible cold so we ordered out. I love my hubby.
Deannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 07:38 PM   #8995
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchid View Post
Yes and it is fairly simples. I use medium sized apples, an ovenproof dish in which they fit together thightly. Per each apple I use light brown sugar (over here they sell dark brown and lighter color brown sugar) about 1 coffeespoon per apple and some real cinnamon powder not cassia. Mix those in a little bowl. Peel and bore the apples. Rinse the apples with water that way the sugar mix will adhere/ stick to the apples more.Any leftover put into the apple core.I do this whilst upright in the ovendish but you could sugarcoat them in a dish and then stand them in the baking dish. Add very little water so ovendish has a little moisture no more than 2 tbsp of water as the apples release water. Bake in oven approx 20 minutes at 200 C might be longer shorter depends on your oven. Apples are done when you see sort of bubbly crisp foamy coating melted sugar. These are then extremely hot. Remove carefully from oven using ovenmitts or a thick folded teakitchentowel. Wait a little and then eat warm and enjoy.
Older apples that have been around in your fruitbasket can also be used in this dish.
If you like eating peels of apples just quarter apples removes pips/seed bits,sprinkle little water and sugarcoat and bake in quarters that way baking time is slightly shorter.
Thank you for this- definitely going to try it!

Old 01-13-2016, 01:31 PM   #8996
Rojodi

I have a lot of leftover pulled pork. I sent the Progeny to pick up cheese. I'm going to smother fries in pulled pork and cheese for us, putting pork on a roll for Better Half.
Old 01-13-2016, 06:07 PM   #8997
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

There were little grilled burger patties on the hot bar at the grocery store. So I made sliders with thin slices of baguette, and a raw mushroom and spinach salad with my creamy Parmesan and peppercorn dressing.
Old 01-20-2016, 09:58 PM   #8998
luvmybhm
waiting for spring!

luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

tried a new chicken recipe tonight i found on all recipes. rubbed taco seasoning on to boneless/skinless chicken breast. put them into a glass cooking pan (spray pan with veg oil spray or will be a bear to clean). then pour enough salsa over each breast to cover. put in over at 350 for 30min or until done. grate on a bit of cheddar and let it set until it melts. we had it with white rice and green beans.

the spice of the taco seasoning gave it a good coating and kept it moist inside. the salsa got really sweet and peppery as it baked and concentrated down. hub loved it, so will write it up on a card and add to recipe box.
Old 01-21-2016, 12:18 PM   #8999
x0emnem0x

x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!

Going to be making some stir-fry, either with steak cubes or chicken. Not sure yet...
x0emnem0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 05:57 PM   #9000
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmybhm View Post
tried a new chicken recipe tonight i found on all recipes. rubbed taco seasoning on to boneless/skinless chicken breast. put them into a glass cooking pan (spray pan with veg oil spray or will be a bear to clean). then pour enough salsa over each breast to cover. put in over at 350 for 30min or until done. grate on a bit of cheddar and let it set until it melts. we had it with white rice and green beans.

the spice of the taco seasoning gave it a good coating and kept it moist inside. the salsa got really sweet and peppery as it baked and concentrated down. hub loved it, so will write it up on a card and add to recipe box.
This sounds like a must try!

Barbecue rotisserie chicken I picked up at the grocery store, baked potato salad and string beans.

Tags
dinner, supper