Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 01-06-2007, 09:59 PM   #1276
liz (di-va)

liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default p.s.

After I had baked the breasts in the marinade, I strained it off and reduced it, shredded up two chicken breasts into the sauce, finished it with a knob of butter and a lil balsamic then tossed it with penne rigat and some parmeggiano. Whee! V. good.
liz (di-va) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 05:23 PM   #1277
Brandi
The Emotional Cook

Brandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging in

My sister came over with stuff leftover from work...and I really couldn't be rude, she took 3 buses to bring it to me...I told her she could have called and I would have drove there to get it lol....but she said she wanted to surprise us....so dinner was...

KFC chicken, with potato and macaroni salad...and coleslaw....I had left over cheese biscuits, which was a nice touch. My daughter was in heaven as she had chicken fries and french fries....and for dessert...very expensive blueberries she has been begging for!
Brandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 06:14 PM   #1278
JeanC
Fat chick with a gun

JeanC carries a lot of weight on this boardJeanC carries a lot of weight on this boardJeanC carries a lot of weight on this boardJeanC carries a lot of weight on this boardJeanC carries a lot of weight on this boardJeanC carries a lot of weight on this board

With luck, dinner tonight will be what I had planned last night before hubby decided he was extreme need of beef and we ended up doing french dip sandwiches.

I have half a baked chicken from Sunday. So I plan on cooking up some rice, shredding the chicken into it and making a peanut sauce with coconut milk, peanut butter (homemade) and some other ingredients as strikes my fancy and make a nice one pot meal.
JeanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 06:19 PM   #1279
Stormy

Stormy never has a post go unnoticedStormy never has a post go unnoticedStormy never has a post go unnoticedStormy never has a post go unnoticedStormy never has a post go unnoticedStormy never has a post go unnoticedStormy never has a post go unnoticed

Roast chicken, which I cook on a rack and turn over a time or two so all the skin gets nice and crispy and though they say poultry is safe to eat at 180 degrees I cook it longer than that because even though I LOVE bloody rare steak, don't like any hint of pinkness in my poultry. I keep water in the pan under the rack which keeps the meat juicier even through the longer cooking time. Mashed potatoes, homemade with butter (I never eat margarine; it's so inferior.) and half & half and green beans. Both chicken and potatoes liberally seasoned with salt and fresh ground pepper. I keep putting more on as I eat past the outer layer of the meat. I only eat the white meat and give the dark, along with the drippings/pan water to my dogs.

Tin roof sundae ice cream and peanut clusters (homemade, my favorite candy, I love chocolate with nuts) for dessert/snack later when I have room after this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg roastchickendinner.jpg (93.5 KB, 60 views)

I can eat more than you.
Stormy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 06:23 PM   #1280
herin
wait...what?

herin never has a post go unnoticedherin never has a post go unnoticedherin never has a post go unnoticedherin never has a post go unnoticedherin never has a post go unnoticedherin never has a post go unnoticedherin never has a post go unnoticed

tonight is a yummy, peppery fettucinni alfredo!
Old 01-09-2007, 06:45 PM   #1281
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanC View Post
With luck, dinner tonight will be what I had planned last night before hubby decided he was extreme need of beef and we ended up doing french dip sandwiches.

I have half a baked chicken from Sunday. So I plan on cooking up some rice, shredding the chicken into it and making a peanut sauce with coconut milk, peanut butter (homemade) and some other ingredients as strikes my fancy and make a nice one pot meal.

wow that sounds good! I made baked chicken parts tonite and I would love to do that with my leftovers. Except all I have is the peanut butter.
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 06:47 PM   #1282
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
Roast chicken, which I cook on a rack and turn over a time or two so all the skin gets nice and crispy and though they say poultry is safe to eat at 180 degrees I cook it longer than that because even though I LOVE bloody rare steak, don't like any hint of pinkness in my poultry. I keep water in the pan under the rack which keeps the meat juicier even through the longer cooking time. Mashed potatoes, homemade with butter (I never eat margarine; it's so inferior.) and half & half and green beans. Both chicken and potatoes liberally seasoned with salt and fresh ground pepper. I keep putting more on as I eat past the outer layer of the meat. I only eat the white meat and give the dark, along with the drippings/pan water to my dogs.

Tin roof sundae ice cream and peanut clusters (homemade, my favorite candy, I love chocolate with nuts) for dessert/snack later when I have room after this.

Thank goodness I had chicken for dinner or I would be jonesing for the skin on your roast chicken. OK, I confess, I still am The skin on my chicken didn't crisp up tonite. Wah!
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
Old 01-09-2007, 06:58 PM   #1283
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Its a chili-n-cornbread night!
Old 01-10-2007, 07:22 PM   #1284
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

It was going to be a leftover night.. but now I'm tempted to thaw a couple pork cutlets, rub on a cajun spice and grill.. on the back deck.. and prep some wax beans, glazed carrots, or maybe steam that head o'caulflower I bought. Hmm.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:55 PM   #1285
JeanC
Fat chick with a gun

JeanC carries a lot of weight on this boardJeanC carries a lot of weight on this boardJeanC carries a lot of weight on this boardJeanC carries a lot of weight on this boardJeanC carries a lot of weight on this boardJeanC carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft View Post
wow that sounds good! I made baked chicken parts tonite and I would love to do that with my leftovers. Except all I have is the peanut butter.
It was good, turned out nicely. I make my own peanut butter using salted peanuts in the food processor and adding a blend of toasted sesame oil and canola oil for the oil (peanust oil is very pricy around here ). I also used pad thai sauce and a few drops of the green tabasco sauce to give it some kick. The leftovers for lunch the next day were to die for
JeanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 04:21 PM   #1286
TheSadeianLinguist
Coin-Operated

TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!

Tonight: Cod with new potatoes, rosemary, and garlic, with a side of asparagus. Blondies with vanilla ice cream for dessert.
Old 01-12-2007, 07:07 AM   #1287
IdahoCynth
Cockchafer

IdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I made bbq'ed boneless pork ribs and a cesar salad.
IdahoCynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 08:07 AM   #1288
TheSadeianLinguist
Coin-Operated

TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!

Tonight: Chicken and shrimp burritos with mozzarella and cheddar cheeses and rice, with green sauce for me.
Old 01-12-2007, 06:38 PM   #1289
James
vibeout

James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!

ok.. here's what me and my chums had tonight....

bacon-wrapped chicken stuffed with feta cheese and oregano... with sweet potato, garlic, pepper and red onion haloummi bake...

oh and i threw in a little caesar salad n'all...

the apple pie with cream worked out pretty deluxe too!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bacon2.jpg (57.2 KB, 113 views)
File Type: jpg chicken bacon feta.jpg (88.7 KB, 114 views)
File Type: jpg eating.jpg (90.1 KB, 115 views)
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 06:27 AM   #1290
liz (di-va)

liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
ok.. here's what me and my chums had tonight....

bacon-wrapped chicken stuffed with feta cheese and oregano... with sweet potato, garlic, pepper and red onion haloummi bake...

oh and i threw in a little caesar salad n'all...

the apple pie with cream worked out pretty deluxe too!
THAT looks good...
liz (di-va) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 03:47 PM   #1291
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

For brunch, I fried some hashbrowns, a pound of maple sausage, and six eggs, all mixed together; wrapped in a hot flour tortilla with sour cream, cheese and cholula.

For an encore... I don't know... maybe mac and cheese.
Old 01-14-2007, 07:27 PM   #1292
TheSadeianLinguist
Coin-Operated

Cheese pizza. It was okay.
Old 01-14-2007, 07:40 PM   #1293
Violet_Beauregard

Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I had a bowl of Cheeries..... yippee.....
Violet_Beauregard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 11:36 PM   #1294
Friday
Not fap material. Bye!

Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!

We had Amy's chicken, Gouda and apple sausages and some doctored mushroom soup.
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 04:53 AM   #1295
Brandi
The Emotional Cook

Brandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging in

We had stuffed chicken thighs with roasted red pepper, red onion and mozz cheese with an almond crust, roasted garlic potatoes and brussell sprouts.

Dessert was homemade strawberry and real cream baked donuts
Old 01-15-2007, 01:40 PM   #1296
IdahoCynth
Cockchafer

IdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I had chicken soup with dumplings.
IdahoCynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 04:51 PM   #1297
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

I am making stuffed cabbage. Never made it before. Ever. A guy brought it in during a work pot luck and it was so delicious (normally I am luke warm when it comes to stuffed cabbage). So he got me the recipe from his wife.

It seems too simple (not much seasoning, or interesting ingredients) but I don't want to mess with the recipe the first time out.

I have taken pics along the way, so will post them once it's done and I'm eating it.

Unless it sucks.

Wait. No. I can still post the pics, even if it sucks, right?
Old 01-15-2007, 04:56 PM   #1298
Brandi
The Emotional Cook

You can definitely post pics of recipes that suck! lol
Old 01-15-2007, 05:22 PM   #1299
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

I just got back from shopping. So I have a bunch of different stuff I can make for dinner, but its gotta be something I can have with a fresh loaf of french bread. The gears they be turning.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:33 PM   #1300
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I have some mushroom barley soup in the crock pot. I even made my own veggie stock! I am also going to make a side of garlicky greens (probably spinach since it's my favorite kind). Then for desert, a smoothie with oranges, strawberries, and a berry mix and a smidge of soy milk.. mmm I am a smoothie addict

Tags
dinner, supper