Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 05-20-2006, 01:55 PM   #176
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I ate lunch today at 4:30, after returning from grocery shopping, so I am counting it as dinner. I was going to take pics...probably should have. It all looked and tasted SOOO good!

(ETA - OK, I've added some pics. Looked way better in person. I used to be good at food pics!)

I had 8 gigantic fresh shrimp, perfectly cooked, spritzed with lemon and dunked in cocktail sauce that was very heavy on the horseradish.

And cherry tomatoes on the vine that tasted like peak-season flavorful tomatoes (like Jes was describing recently).

And corn on the cob - fresh, fat kernels, very yummy. I used far too much butter (is there such a thing?) and ground sea salt and fresh cracked pepper.

And a wonderful custard/cheese danish. There was a very thick layer of creamy custard covering the danish, and topping the custard was some sweet cream cheese filling, that kept the custard safe below. Never had anything like it. Damn. Yum.

I am a happy girl right now.

And I am so ready for summer. Now that I've had a taste of it. (Watermelon to follow later this evening!)
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 03:22 PM   #177
Kimberleigh
gardening, mostly.

Kimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Chinese takeout...sesame chicken!!!
Kimberleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 04:08 PM   #178
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Ginger mandarin pork chops, sauteed squash, steamed broccoli, creamed spinach and Pillsbury biscuits.

Key lime pie for dessert (Edwards frozen).
jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 06:01 PM   #179
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie
Ginger mandarin pork chops, sauteed squash, steamed broccoli, creamed spinach and Pillsbury biscuits.

Key lime pie for dessert (Edwards frozen).

wow....sounds GREAT! And 3 veggies. You are such a GOOD girl!
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
Old 05-20-2006, 08:11 PM   #180
EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

1/2 rack bbq ribs (pork, dry rubbed)
potato salad- southern style with mustard
macaroni and cheese- southern style, the kind that is baked with a crusty cheese layer on top
cheese biscuits - slightly sweet, light as air, with the most heavenly cheese flavor
pickles
extra sauce
about a gallon of iced tea, served with lemon and crushed ice- it only took a little encouragement and the waiter brought us our own pitcher

and then for a little after dinner
Starbucks Frapp. Mocha Coconut- tastes just like a coconut choc candy
EvilPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 08:29 PM   #181
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPrincess
1/2 rack bbq ribs (pork, dry rubbed)
potato salad- southern style with mustard
macaroni and cheese- southern style, the kind that is baked with a crusty cheese layer on top
cheese biscuits - slightly sweet, light as air, with the most heavenly cheese flavor
pickles
extra sauce
about a gallon of iced tea, served with lemon and crushed ice- it only took a little encouragement and the waiter brought us our own pitcher

and then for a little after dinner
oooh! A doggie bag perhaps for your long lost sister? (me!)
Old 05-20-2006, 09:22 PM   #182
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to SoVerySoft again.

Holy Moly!! I need that custard/cheese danish.
Old 05-20-2006, 09:26 PM   #183
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

16pc Winger appetizer. With Ring of Fire Tomatillo, Habanero, and Gahlic pepper sauce
Old 05-21-2006, 07:10 AM   #184
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Boo... we don't have these here yet. We do have the Mocha Banana but I would love to try the coconut.
Old 05-21-2006, 10:16 AM   #185
EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie
Boo... we don't have these here yet. We do have the Mocha Banana but I would love to try the coconut.
If you have the Banana you have the coconut! (that sounds vaguely dirty, but I like it) .. Just ask, they will make any Frapp you want!

Mocha Coconut
Mocha Banana
Mocha Coconut Banana
Mocha Raspberry
and so on and so on........

the S.Buck has all sorts of fun add in syrups, Valencia Orange, Raspberry, Coconut, Hazelnut, Toffee Nut, Mocha, White Mocha, Vanilla, Caramel, Peppermint, Almond, Blackberry, some of them are just for summer promotions...... hmmm and that makes for some interesting combinations.

And once again, I am showing I spend way to much time at starbucks
EvilPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 10:29 AM   #186
jamie
...tickled...

Quote:
If you have the Banana you have the coconut! (that sounds vaguely dirty, but I like it) .. Just ask, they will make any Frapp you want!

Mocha Coconut
Mocha Banana
Mocha Coconut Banana
Mocha Raspberry
and so on and so on........

the S.Buck has all sorts of fun add in syrups, Valencia Orange, Raspberry, Coconut, Hazelnut, Toffee Nut, Mocha, White Mocha, Vanilla, Caramel, Peppermint, Almond, Blackberry, some of them are just for summer promotions...... hmmm and that makes for some interesting combinations.

And once again, I am showing I spend way to much time at starbucks
Get out... I didn't know you could do that. I am on this, I just got a $25 Satrbucks card from a friend. I guess I can afford 2 or 3 out of that.
Old 05-21-2006, 04:47 PM   #187
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

This really neat diner opened recently near me. It is retro - but has a "Jetsons" futuristic feel to it too. The food is way more upscale than you would expect in a diner.

My roomie, Nancy, and I went there today. I got an appetizer of Prince Edward Island mussels in a white wine herb garlic butter sauce. There were about 2 dozen smallish mussels, and the sauce was so good I finished it with a spoon, when I ran out of hot breadsticks that I'd been using to soak it up!

My entree was "Caribbean Dusted Sea Scallops with island cous cous and an orange Curacao sauce". My expectations were low - but I was VERY impressed. There were 10 very large seared sea scallops surrounding a large ring-molded disk of couscous which was studded with almonds and bits of peppers and other veggies. The scallops sat on a really lovely sauce which surrounded the coucous. I was afraid it would be too sweet but it was only slightly sweet. I love this dish.

I wish I'd brought my camera!

We stopped at their bakery counter and picked up some goodies. I got a individual-sized raspberry mousse cake, lemon meringue pie, and chocolate velvet cake. Plus a large chocolate fudge cookie loaded with white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.
Old 05-21-2006, 06:25 PM   #188
jamie
...tickled...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft
I wish I'd brought my camera
Me too!! That sounds delish!

We went out tonight too, Texas Roadhouse. Sirloin Tips with rice and a loaded sweet potato. Sweet tea with splenda. No dessert since the sweet potato had mini marshmallows and caramel sauce on it. I was bad.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:42 AM   #189
Brandi
The Emotional Cook

Brandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging in

I'm making manicotti's...stuffed with ricotta and spinach, topped with a red, orange, yellow, green pepper, ground beef homemade tomato sauce, and at the last little bit before it's done, I'm gonna throw on some nice goat's cheese. Side with a garden salad with homemade balsamic vinegar dressing, garlic bread with cheese.
Dessert orange creamsicle mousse cake.

This is a meal I know my 2 year old will have seconds....mommy will have thirds LOL
Brandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 01:42 PM   #190
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!

Homemade creole seasoned fried chicken and biscuiys, creamsicle pie for dessert
ScreamingChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 07:29 PM   #191
jamie
...tickled...

Nitrate free hot dogs.. at least I think that is what he said they were (uncured?). Grilled..the outsides were too hard..iiick. Tomatoes and asparagus cooked up on the grill. Sugar free butter pecan ice cream.

Boring dinner tonight..we will have to jazz it up some tomorrow.
Old 05-22-2006, 09:01 PM   #192
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Homemade cheeseburger pizza with pepperoni.
Old 05-22-2006, 09:08 PM   #193
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Burgers au poivre (I love pepper!) and sauted mushrooms.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:57 PM   #194
MissMirandaRae

MissMirandaRae can now change their title

So, I love to cook, and I love to cook italian.

Tonight I made home made pizza.

Recipe for you all:

Lavosh Bread (flat square bread, avaliable at Trader Joes)

Drizzel a small amount of extra virgin olive oil and spread around the bread

sprinkle with a light amount of sea salt (doesnt have the iodine tast like regular salt)

Spread a light amount of tomato bruschetta over the bread (home made or you can get a really good jar at TJ's)

Sprinkle with Motzarella mixed with sun dried tomatos and basil (from TJ's) or just use plain motzarella.

Layer on shreded parmissan cheese (not the sprinkled stuff)

Lightly sprinkle (flick) crumbled goat chese randomly over the bread.

Finely chop FRESH Basil up and generously sprinkle.

Add Choped olives, diced onions(pre cut ones are great for this) and for the finishing touch get some proscutto and finly chop it up and sprinkle it over the pizza..

bake for about 15 minutes at 400..

MissMirandaRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 12:29 AM   #195
TheSadeianLinguist
Coin-Operated

TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!

An individual pepperoni pizza, and the remainder of a can of Code Red.
Old 05-23-2006, 03:39 PM   #196
Brandi
The Emotional Cook

Brandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging in

I just tried butter chicken for the first time, OMG I'm in love!
Old 05-23-2006, 03:46 PM   #197
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandi
I just tried butter chicken for the first time, OMG I'm in love!
What's butter chicken? (or am I being really dense?)
Old 05-23-2006, 04:00 PM   #198
Brandi
The Emotional Cook

It's an indian dish..mmmmmmmm

Butter Chicken

Ingredients

Chicken - 300 grams, cleaned and cut into small pieces
Cinnamon- 2" pcs
Salt - to taste
Cashew & almond paste - a handful ground smoothly
ginger & garlic paste - 2 tspns
onion - one chopped
turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
chilly powder - 2 tsp
coriander powder- 1 tspn
butter - 3 tspn
oil - 2 tspn
tomato puree - 2 tomatoes blended smoothly

Method:

Fry onions in oil till transparent.
Add cinnamon and let it fry.
Then add ginger & garlic paste along with a little water.
Stir continuously.
Add turmeric, chilly, coriander powder with salt and mix well.
Pour in tomato puree, cashew & almond paste - mix well with water.
When it starts to boil add the chicken
Then add sufficient water for the chicken to boil.
The gravy should get thick or according to your requirement. Before switching off add butter and serve hot with parathas
Old 05-23-2006, 04:40 PM   #199
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandi
It's an indian dish..mmmmmmmm

Butter Chicken

Ingredients

Chicken - 300 grams, cleaned and cut into small pieces
Cinnamon- 2" pcs
Salt - to taste
Cashew & almond paste - a handful ground smoothly
ginger & garlic paste - 2 tspns
onion - one chopped
turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
chilly powder - 2 tsp
coriander powder- 1 tspn
butter - 3 tspn
oil - 2 tspn
tomato puree - 2 tomatoes blended smoothly

Method:

Fry onions in oil till transparent.
Add cinnamon and let it fry.
Then add ginger & garlic paste along with a little water.
Stir continuously.
Add turmeric, chilly, coriander powder with salt and mix well.
Pour in tomato puree, cashew & almond paste - mix well with water.
When it starts to boil add the chicken
Then add sufficient water for the chicken to boil.
The gravy should get thick or according to your requirement. Before switching off add butter and serve hot with parathas
Wowee! that sounds good!
Old 05-23-2006, 04:46 PM   #200
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Tonight I made turkey burgers coated in sage, parsley, basil, sage, garlic, white pepper, Lawry's seasoned pepper (love that), and a wee bit of salt. I seared them in a little olive oil. They browed so they look like beef, but didn't taste like beef at all.

They needed something, like cranberry sauce...so I served it with apple sauce (which was all I had). Also sauted some fresh spinach in the pan which I had deglazed with a little butter.

Also steamed up the rest of the corn.

Now I am seriously in need of dessert. But I don't have anything good. Wah!

Again, sorry for the icky pic. I need a food stylist (or I need to pay closer attention.)

Tags
dinner, supper