Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 10-21-2005, 05:15 AM   #1
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Sweet or Salty?

Are you a sweet snacker or a salty snacker? I tend to do both. After something salty, I really like something sweet. And then something salty again. And then something sweet. And then....

Well, you get the picture.

You?
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 05:18 AM   #2
Wayne_Zitkus
Proud FA Since 1962

Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

There's always snacks that are both sweet and salty, like kettle corn.

Old 10-21-2005, 05:31 AM   #3
Jeannie
Connect the dots

Jeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 club

It's definitely a cyclical thing isn't it? If I could only choose one? With the exception of the times I really need chocolate, it would be salty. I hate choosing though. That back and forth thing is so much better!
Jeannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 05:35 AM   #4
autopaint-1
Manny Moe & Jack Fan Club

autopaint-1 knows EXACTLY what's going onautopaint-1 knows EXACTLY what's going onautopaint-1 knows EXACTLY what's going onautopaint-1 knows EXACTLY what's going onautopaint-1 knows EXACTLY what's going onautopaint-1 knows EXACTLY what's going on
Default Prefer one but can't do without the other

While I prefer sweet most of the time, I have to have that occasional salty item and any true junk food junkie knows, without the addition of salt our beloved candy bars wouldn't taste right.
When the tides of life turn against you and the current upsets your boat, don't waste your tears on what might have been, just lay on your back and float - Edward L Norton, 328 Chauncey Street, Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, New York
autopaint-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 05:40 AM   #5
Gordo Mejor

Gordo Mejor can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesGordo Mejor can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default Sweet, sweet, sweet

Definitely Sweet.

I have to have worked in the sun all day before I get a craving for any salt. Most processed food is too salty. But I can do sweet all day long.
Old 10-21-2005, 05:57 AM   #6
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Salty! I'll love snacks like pickles or cheese or chips. But at times I'll go for the sweet/salty combo. hershey's makes a candy bar called take 5 which has pretzels in it. It helps to satisfy that craving.
Old 10-21-2005, 06:05 AM   #7
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordo Mejor
Definitely Sweet.

I have to have worked in the sun all day before I get a craving for any salt. Most processed food is too salty. But I can do sweet all day long.

I am right there with you, Gordo.
Well...not the 'working all day in the sun part' but the rest of it, sure.
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 06:06 AM   #8
loves2laugh

loves2laugh can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesloves2laugh can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Thumbs up

SUGAR SUGAR SUGAR
i mean if i was ever told i was diabetic i would be walking around hooked up to an insulin i.v.
loves2laugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 07:54 AM   #9
ValentineBBW
seeking Vegas

ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft
Are you a sweet snacker or a salty snacker? I tend to do both. After something salty, I really like something sweet. And then something salty again. And then something sweet. And then....

You?
Both. But it depends on the mood. Lately I've been a salty snacker with the exception of chocolate one day, but isn't chocolate a whole other group in itself?
ValentineBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 10:12 AM   #10
Sandie_Zitkus
Entrepreneur

Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!

I like both at the same time - ideally. Like Buttery salty pop corn with Milk duds - or chocolate kisses. Yummmmmmmmmmm
Sandie_Zitkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 10:17 AM   #11
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandie_Zitkus
I like both at the same time - ideally. Like Buttery salty pop corn with Milk duds - or chocolate kisses. Yummmmmmmmmmm

ewww. sorry.

a new one you might like, if you haven't tried it before: freshly made (I assume still warm) choc. chip cookies, with salt spread on top. Apparently, excellent.

At xmas, I make choc. covered pretzels to give away and it works well because other than testing a few, I don't eat the batch. I also make good peppermint bark, and that's hard not to eat.
Old 10-21-2005, 12:13 PM   #12
BigCutieCindy
Simply Flabulous

BigCutieCindy has super-sized repBigCutieCindy has super-sized repBigCutieCindy has super-sized repBigCutieCindy has super-sized repBigCutieCindy has super-sized rep

Quote:

You?
Both. I tend to snack on salty stuff more often (with the exception on Hershey caramel kisses) yet there are times when only sweet will do...and when I can't decide I've found that chocolate covered pretzels are amazing!
BigCutieCindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 01:02 PM   #13
Socrates

Socrates has said some nice things

Quote:

You?

Your missing the best food catagory of all: Savory! Always my fave...
Socrates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 01:34 PM   #14
Sandie S-R

Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!

During the daytime, I like my salty snacks.
In the evening, after dinner...I love my chocolate.
So, both I guess, depending on time of day.

Sandie S-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 02:16 PM   #15
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'll have sweet or salty snacks on occasion, but I'm really more oriented towards rich snacks. If I'm feeling hungry I'm far more apt to have some cheese, or a slice or banana bread, or bread and butter. When it comes to popcorn, go light on the salt, heavy on the butter. I like my cookies made with butter, but less sugar than most recipes call for.

--Ed
Tad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 02:21 PM   #16
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

About savory...I almost used that instead of salty. I guess I was thinking "sweet..or not sweet."

And about sweet and salty together - that's my fave. chocolate covered pretzels are the bomb! I often eat pretzels alongside chocolate, which is really the same thing. I even like salty ice cream - to me, butter brickel or heath bar crunch are examples of 'salty' ice cream.

After dinner, I feel like I must have something sweet. To me, it "seals the meal".
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
Old 10-21-2005, 04:39 PM   #17
Jes
is oddly aroused

Default i play a sommelier on tv

Quote:

After dinner, I feel like I must have something sweet. To me, it "seals the meal".

you are absolutely right about this phenomenon. That's why before-dinner drinks (aperatifs) are often bitter. Campari is a typical aperatif, for example. They're served before a meal b/c they, being bitter, invoke the appetite. Sweet thinks satiate the appetite, which is why dessert is served after the meal (or a dessert wine, to keep the liquor theme going).
Old 10-21-2005, 07:00 PM   #18
BigCutieMelonie
Rosi

BigCutieMelonie can now change their title

I am the same way!! A big bag of chips and some chocolate will do the trick.
BigCutieMelonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 07:30 PM   #19
ConnieLynn
has left the building.

ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!

I like a combo... and I too like the popcorn and chocolate thing One of my favorite snacks is cream cheese and pepper jelly on a good cracker.... covers it all, sweet, spicy, salty, rich. Damn I'm gonna get some now
ConnieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 07:43 PM   #20
Moonchild
Seniory McMember

Moonchild does more than just post hot picsMoonchild does more than just post hot picsMoonchild does more than just post hot pics

Salty for me, hands down. I'm all about salt and vinegar chips.
Moonchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 09:15 PM   #21
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnieLynn
cream cheese and pepper jelly on a good cracker....
I LOVE that!!
Old 10-22-2005, 09:03 AM   #22
ConnieLynn
has left the building.

ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
I LOVE that!!
I am addicted to it! I found a small company that makes pepper jelly in a bunch of different varieties. I love that all the colors are so pretty, and I always do a variety for parties. They even make a garlic jelly, which sounds weird but is very good. I'll post the info after while.
ConnieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 10:14 AM   #23
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnieLynn
I am addicted to it! I found a small company that makes pepper jelly in a bunch of different varieties. I love that all the colors are so pretty, and I always do a variety for parties. They even make a garlic jelly, which sounds weird but is very good. I'll post the info after while.
Cool, I look forward to it. Do you get it by mail order? It seems that pepper jelly is hard to find around here, altho I do luck out from time to time.
Old 10-22-2005, 09:41 PM   #24
sweetnnekked
Back From The Dead.

sweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going on
Default Uhh...

I'm a huge (literally) ice cream fan but salty is definitely my preference!

- J. Garcia
- R. Hunter
sweetnnekked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 09:46 PM   #25
sweetnnekked
Back From The Dead.

sweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going on
Default Re: salted choco chip cookies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes
ewww. sorry.

a new one you might like, if you haven't tried it before: freshly made (I assume still warm) choc. chip cookies, with salt spread on top. Apparently, excellent.

At xmas, I make choc. covered pretzels to give away and it works well because other than testing a few, I don't eat the batch. I also make good peppermint bark, and that's hard not to eat.

For all of you heat lovers, try adding a tablespoon or two (depending on your preference) of cayenne pepper to your chocolate chip batter, then bake as usual.
They are fan-f***'in-tastic!!!

- J. Garcia
- R. Hunter
sweetnnekked is offline   Reply With Quote