Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > FA/FFA forum

Old 11-23-2009, 08:24 PM   #1
Cors
Delurking

Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default FAs, how do you feel about fat on a person of the gender you are NOT attracted to?

Many straight male FAs gush about how fat makes a woman more feminine and hence more attractive to them. Do you feel that fat guys are more feminine as well? If you are going to be attracted to men at all, do you think it is more likely to be a fat guy especially if they have a body type that is close to your female ideal? Do you empathise with them better because you understand what your fat girlfriend or wife goes through and know that fat guys are likely to deal with the same problems?

Or, do you feel that women should be fat but men should be thin/lean/fit/muscular? This is something I have actually seen quite a bit here. I would also like to add that this is not about how you want your own body to look like - it is perfectly reasonable and even common to want to look a certain way but not feel like it is something that is expected, or ideal for your gender.

Other thoughts?

I would also like to hear from FFAs and those of you who don't identify as straight or gay, as long as you can relate to the question with a little tweaking.
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:21 PM   #2
Blackjack
Fupa Troopa

Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Fat never struck me as a "feminine" thing, so really, I don't have any problems with fat guys, nor do I feel that they are by nature any more feminine. There really isn't any "should be" on this topic- I don't feel that women "should be" fatter than men (in general), although I don't think that I'd be satisfied if I wasn't the smaller in whatever relationship I end up in.
Old 11-23-2009, 11:22 PM   #3
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!

It's a neutral thing for me. They're my allies.

I think the latter at one point might have been a subtle thought in my mind, but right now? Nope.

"Happiness is not stopping to think if you are."- Palmer Sondreal
Jon Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 08:29 AM   #4
Lastminute.Tom
Write on!

Lastminute.Tom never has a post go unnoticedLastminute.Tom never has a post go unnoticedLastminute.Tom never has a post go unnoticedLastminute.Tom never has a post go unnoticedLastminute.Tom never has a post go unnoticedLastminute.Tom never has a post go unnoticedLastminute.Tom never has a post go unnoticedLastminute.Tom never has a post go unnoticed

I don't think fat makes a guy feminine, maybe chemically hence the bresticles but I guess I've always seen big dudes be it muscley or fat as manly men, blokey blokes grrr guys, and many other alliterative terms.

I'm a fatty so if I thought fat was sexy on dudes I'd just sit in front of a mirror all day until I needed lenses.
Anyway, all fat dudes are my brothers, it's always good to see fat guys portrayed in a postive light in the movies because then its like I'm portrayed positively as well.

I look up to guys like John Belushi, Nick Frost and I believe Philip Seymour Hoffman to be one of the greatest actors of our time, they are definitely my personal heroes, if I could be half of the dude that those guys are I would be one cool cucumber.

I kinda went off on a tangent there and I'm not sure that last part makes sense but you catch my drift.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:40 AM   #5
Durin

Durin has super-sized repDurin has super-sized repDurin has super-sized repDurin has super-sized repDurin has super-sized rep

I think each gender is enhanced with added poundage.

I prefer hedonists I guess.
Durin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 02:20 PM   #6
exile in thighville
groups/347570880589/

exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!

i'm personally more attracted to thinner, angular guys and rounder girls. neither of which is particularly masculine in the trad sense
exile in thighville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 05:06 PM   #7
The Orange Mage
♓ Fishy Pisces! ♓

The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!

I don't find men attractive at all (which is why I want to steer my looks over to the androgynous "zone" ideally) but fat dudes are fine with me. They aren't really aesthetically appealing to me due to the average fat dude having all their weight piled in the midsection...I prefer balance, visually.

However I am somewhat fascinated with pear-shaped dudes, as rare as they are.
The Orange Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 10:57 AM   #8
Jay West Coast
Witness to the Thickness

Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!

I feel like male fat is different than female fat. The way a woman carries her weight, the ensuing softness of her skin...the sensory and psychological effect is very different for me than with guy fat. Guy fat is more associated with permanence, an earthy strength, and sometimes power.

I don't view it at all as sensual on guys, but I think that has much more to do with my heterosexual orientation than whether or not its attractive on men.

It always made sense to me--in some sort of Freudian way--that guys would be "hard" and women would be "soft." (Not advocating for it, just describing my personal sexual intuition.)

Last edited by Jay West Coast; 11-25-2009 at 10:59 AM.
Jay West Coast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 11:37 AM   #9
Weirdo890

Weirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay West Coast View Post
I feel like male fat is different than female fat. The way a woman carries her weight, the ensuing softness of her skin...the sensory and psychological effect is very different for me than with guy fat. Guy fat is more associated with permanence, an earthy strength, and sometimes power.

I don't view it at all as sensual on guys, but I think that has much more to do with my heterosexual orientation than whether or not its attractive on men.

It always made sense to me--in some sort of Freudian way--that guys would be "hard" and women would be "soft." (Not advocating for it, just describing my personal sexual intuition.)
That's the way I feel about it. It's just intuition for me.

"Conquer all, but one escapes
Govern all, but one dissents
Embark on genocide, and one shall rise to damn you."
- Jack Kirby "Hunger Dogs"

My YouTube video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU24ty301nY
Weirdo890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 01:01 PM   #10
Dusselchen

Dusselchen has said some nice things

As a straight FFA I like fat guys (of course^^).
I don't care about female body shapes. It just does not interest me because women aren't sexy to me- no matter if fat or slim.
Dusselchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 11:03 PM   #11
JMNYC

JMNYC makes people happy simply by logging inJMNYC makes people happy simply by logging inJMNYC makes people happy simply by logging inJMNYC makes people happy simply by logging inJMNYC makes people happy simply by logging inJMNYC makes people happy simply by logging inJMNYC makes people happy simply by logging inJMNYC makes people happy simply by logging inJMNYC makes people happy simply by logging inJMNYC makes people happy simply by logging in

Hi, Cors---

I don't experience fat making men appear feminine. I also don't find I interpret "masculine" or "feminine" as meaning "attractive" or "unattractive." I really admire the hardcore barbell boys at my gym, but also feel admiration, although not attraction, for men with f--king enormous bellies. Don't feel a whole lot of empathy, have to say, and don't NOT feel empathy.

Fat dudes are ok with me. I'm good pals with 3, and am probably going to spar with one next week who outweighs me by 130 pounds. I'm not secretly going to hope our shorts fall off, though.
JMNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 11:23 PM   #12
joh

joh can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesjoh can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Fat men generally hold their weight differently in a way that isn't feminine at all, while women do. I'm straight, so I can't really answer the attraction question accurately as I really have no clue.

I do have empathy for fat men too, and I don't view them any differently as a person than fat women (or skinny guy, or skinny women, ect..). I don't see how you couldn't though -- isn't that the point of size acceptance?
joh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 01:43 PM   #13
Ninja Glutton
Film and Music Geek

Ninja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I think I'm the opposite of most people here.

Not that I sexualize fat men, but I get more of that biker, badass, or buddha feel from large fat men than from skinnier guys.
Ninja Glutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 10:19 AM   #14
Lady Bella UK
Sit on me fat boy

Lady Bella UK can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesLady Bella UK can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Cors -

In answer to your question... I think fat on a female makes them more sexy and feminine, and on a man makes then seem more sexy and masculine (as opposed to feminine) I suppose fat to me emphasises a person's attractiveness to in general!

I've also noticed that some people on here prefer a large woman but would like a more muscular man. Hey, whatever floats you boat...I'm all for acceptance of all body types.

Lady Bella xXx
Old 11-28-2009, 02:06 PM   #15
wolfpersona

wolfpersona can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokeswolfpersona can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I think fat just makes us guys look bulkier and more manly i guess. Most guys gain in their midsection and upper body.
wolfpersona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 01:31 PM   #16
Teleute
Heh heh. "Member".

Teleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lastminute.Tom View Post
I'm a fatty so if I thought fat was sexy on dudes I'd just sit in front of a mirror all day until I needed lenses.
See, people say stuff like this, but I can assure you that is not the case. I'm a fat bisexual FFA, and although I do think my body is attractive, I don't find it erotic to look at myself. I might catch a glimpse and think, "Damn, I'm looking hot today!", but it's never "Mmmmmm.... currrrrrrvvveeeesssss... drooooool...."

Also, lol @the alliteration... ha!
Teleute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 08:11 PM   #17
GTAFA

GTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticed

I think this is a fascinating question. I don't know if i am answering, or going off on a bit of a tangent, so forgive me if i simply speak my piece. I identify myself as a straight male who is very gay friendly rather than homophobic. I had a close encounter that had me questioning my sexuality & the whole process whereby we decide someone is attractive or not.

In the 1980s i saw someone working in a store. This person dwarfed me, and for a couple of seconds i couldn't determine their gender. I had a strong panicky sense of attraction to this person, who was bigger than Raqui (6'6" or more, and very very wide). In the moments AFTER i realized this person was a male, not female (his hips were much much wider than his shoulders, so from behind i saw an outlandish pear shape, over four feet wide across the hips, and the clothing was androgynous) my feelings didn't so much vanish, as were censored by the part of my brain saying OH ITS A GUY. I wasn't afraid of that initial gut attraction, which had formed before i knew the gender of the person. I was disappointed with the discovery (oh my god if only a woman shaped like this existed... lordy!) and very intrigued by my own process. It makes me wonder about the whole construction of gender, the way we take cues and signals to identify a cluster of signals that say "guy" or "gal", and associated with that, say "schwing", "maybe" or "nope...

So maybe i am not precisely answering the question, so much as suggesting that --TO ME-- fat can be feminine. I am very conscious of the subjectivity of it all: fat admiration, beauty, attraction, you name it. It's all so totally subjective that i am very hesitant to say anything beyond my own personal experience, and even THAT is sometimes as mysterious as a dream.

Last edited by GTAFA; 11-29-2009 at 08:14 PM.
GTAFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 08:24 AM   #18
LoveBHMS
default title

LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!

I think it's notable how many people equate fat with femininity, and not just FAs. A former coworker of mine once said something along the lines of how he could understand men with fat fetishes towards women because fat women just got more "womanly" as far as having bigger breasts and bigger hips and asses, but that fat men were just "ugly".
LoveBHMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 11:01 AM   #19
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

For me fat is good, on anyone. Obviously not everyone (or even mostlyone) like being fat, or are comfortable being fat, and some people's bodies do really seem awkward when fat....but overall I tend to like fat on anyone. Not that fatter is better as some universal guide or anything, just that all else being equal I'm probably going to have a warmer first impression of someone who is at least somewhat fat than of someone who is not.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:34 AM   #20
MisterGuy

MisterGuy makes people happy simply by logging inMisterGuy makes people happy simply by logging inMisterGuy makes people happy simply by logging inMisterGuy makes people happy simply by logging inMisterGuy makes people happy simply by logging inMisterGuy makes people happy simply by logging inMisterGuy makes people happy simply by logging inMisterGuy makes people happy simply by logging inMisterGuy makes people happy simply by logging inMisterGuy makes people happy simply by logging in

Being completely honest as a guy who loves fat women and female WG, I find myself looking down on fat guys a little. I think I so strongly associate fat with femininity that fat guys seem weak and unmasculine to me. I realize it's a stupid prejudice, but there it is.
MisterGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 06:38 PM   #21
James
vibeout

James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default FA/FFA Forum users please read

(The following has been posted to all current threads for informational purposes only. Please refrain from replying to this post in this thread. If you have questions please PM me. These rule changes have been brought about following significant deliberation between Dimensions moderators and are effective immediately in relation to all future posts.)

Quote:
The rules of this forum have been updated. I would encourage forum users to read the full text but in short, the main changes are the following
  • Threads or posts considered to be outside of the FA/FFA forum remit will be edited or deleted. Threads will not be moved to other forums. Please consider this before posting. Contact me via PM if you are unsure before posting.
  • Discussion of sexual topics must not contain identities other than your own. Excessive objectification or crudeness will also be edited or removed. Keep things respectful.
  • Participation from non-FA/FFAs is encouraged but given that the forum is a protected space for FA/FFAs, any non-FA/FFAs making negative, disruptive or belittling posts should accordingly expect to see those posts removed or moderated.
A section of text regarding the relationship between the FA/FFA forum and other forums on Dimensions has also been added to the forum sticky.

The rule amendments are intended to strike a balance to allow the FA/FFA forum to fulfill its primary function (as a space for FAs to discuss their experiences openly and honestly) while also demonstrating respect for those that we are attracted to. Failure to follow rules will lead to moderator action. Please understand that this is the FA/FFA forum and play nice
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:16 AM   #22
Scorsese86
Likeable conservative

Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I don't care if a guy is fat or thin, black or white, Republican or... I don't turn on men, not the fat nor the thin. I don't feel a thing about it.
Old 01-06-2010, 12:06 PM   #23
jakub
Visitor

jakub can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesjakub can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Nothing....
jakub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 01:37 AM   #24
chicken legs
yawn

chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Interesting question.

Escapist is still trying to figure me out because I check out men and women...lol The thing is, when it comes to fondling the juicy bits..I'm very bi. However, when it comes to intimate relationships, I'm very straight.

When I was single and in party mode, I would usually dance with girls at the straight clubs and guys and the gay clubs..lol. Yeah I dont get it either but it was really fun either way.
chicken legs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:42 AM   #25
Qit el-Remel
Geek and FFA

Qit el-Remel has super-sized repQit el-Remel has super-sized repQit el-Remel has super-sized repQit el-Remel has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Bella UK View Post
In answer to your question... I think fat on a female makes them more sexy and feminine, and on a man makes then seem more sexy and masculine (as opposed to feminine) I suppose fat to me emphasises a person's attractiveness to in general!
I'm going to have to agree with this.
Quote:
I've also noticed that some people on here prefer a large woman but would like a more muscular man. Hey, whatever floats you boat...I'm all for acceptance of all body types.
I like muscles on guys...but I like plenty of upholstery over them.

"What monstrosities would walk the streets were some people's faces as unfinished as their minds."
—Hoffer, Reflections on the Human Condition
Qit el-Remel is offline   Reply With Quote